3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

Twindy57 09-07-2012 01:08 PM

This feels too good to be true!!

Yay - My 3rd day!:carrot:

Gotta say, I feel fabulous!!! The first day was a little rough, but woke up the next morning feeling better than I have in a long time. My joints were about 70% less stiff than usual, and even better the past two days. What's up with that??
I was really expecting this to be a lot harder the first week. I feel so good it kind of scares me. Makes me think that I'm doing something wrong!
I didn't get a lot of instruction when I first went in. I can have a little olive oil, right? Like a teaspoon for my salad dressing?

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 02:13 PM

FRiDAY FUNNiES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8450/7...485b1c391c.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DanafromAustin 09-07-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4460782)
woot woot!! so proud of you for facing the scale....and now you know what has to be done!!! full steam ahead captain!!! YOU GOT THIS!!

hope your dehydrator is AMAZING!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

It's dehydrating as we speak. Will check it in about 5 hours. Just in time for some veggies with my dinner. Yum Yum (I hope).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddpaddler (Post 4460760)
Well, my WI last night was not as bad as I thought, I did gain 1.4lbs. but lost 1 inch off my waist, so that was good anyway. When sharing my concerns about gaining wt. her suggestions were to keep up on the exercise, but make sure I am getting the extra protein packet right after I finish(within 20 min.) guessing that I might not be getting enough protein for the level of activity. We also decided to eliminate the restricted packet for 1 week to see if that helps - I did pick up a few of the packets to have on hand for an emergency (better that cheating)... I feel better today, I was about to quit the whole plan a few days ago.

So happy you didn't quit. Sometimes it just needs a bit of tweaking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddpaddler (Post 4460766)
How can I get a ticker for my wt. loss and put in my WI numbers on the bottom of my posts?

You need to be a 3FC member for 20 days. Have you? Once you have you can go to to the top of the page and click on User CP in that purple strip. Then scroll down to "edit signature" and follow the prompts. It took me a few times to figure it out, but I eventually got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4460785)
LOL, Dana - you'd better get out your jar of coconut oil. :D Wasn't it you or Chloe who was saying it's supposed to help us with memory?

I immediately thought of Rainbow's cookies too... :D I know that her recipe sounded so good it made me want to order some. :) I went so far as to check proteinwell.ca which carries quite a few of their products - but no cappuccino drink (or pudding - I checked that too, just in case). Nuts. One of these days I may have to give up and order some stuff from nashuanutrition.com, so I can test some of these alternatives I keep hearing about for myself. I just really dislike the shipping (and possible customs) charges to get their orders in Canada.

LOL, it was Chloe. I told her I thought I could use some. Guess I was more right then I thought. :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twindy57 (Post 4460831)

Gotta say, I feel fabulous!!! The first day was a little rough, but woke up the next morning feeling better than I have in a long time. My joints were about 70% less stiff than usual, and even better the past two days. What's up with that??
I was really expecting this to be a lot harder the first week. I feel so good it kind of scares me. Makes me think that I'm doing something wrong!
I didn't get a lot of instruction when I first went in. I can have a little olive oil, right? Like a teaspoon for my salad dressing?

Low carb is a great anti-inflammatory diet. Good news for all of the joints. Yes, make sure you have the 1 to 2 tsp. of olive oil each day. I generally use it when I roast veggies which is most days for me. Very happy to hear you are doing so well on the plan, especially by day 3. :cp::dancer:

DanafromAustin 09-07-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4460895)

Love it! Thanks for my Friday laugh........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4460921)
LOL, it was Chloe. I told her I thought I could use some. Guess I was more right then I thought. :yikes:

umm....did you notice my recipes changed recently from evoo to coconut oil!!! i think! :rofl:

glad i could bring a smile 2 u'r beautiful face today!! :D

Lizzy63 09-07-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4460238)
Help needed from the Fab-50+ ...
This weekend I'm thrilled to be going to see my 7mo old granddaughter - they live 2-3 hours a way so I get to pop over once a month or so. She is a premie so 7 is more like 5, but being around such a happy smiling baby is good medicine!
Problem is her parents are foodies, and before IP going to see them meant going to IHOP, Popeys, making cakes, snacking on chocolate - anything goes!
So now I need to be really prepared, which is not my strong suit even at home. I haven't cheated or even been tempted even though I've been in several social situations since starting IP 2 weeks ago. But I'm expecting strong triggers are coming my way!
Any hints about handing a visit to the family?

(WI 2 is tomorrow, not expecting big numbers but my pants are nearly falling off me, so what could be better than that?)

Seeing the grandkids is always so much fun!! If going out to eat, I would offer to buy and say where I want to go... Say, "How about if I buy dinner at..." (Of course you name a place or a couple of places where you know you can stay OP.)

Lizzy63 09-07-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Too funny, Rainbow!

Whever us girls are too warm at work, we go check the temp with one of the guys, just to make sure we're not all "flashing" at the same time.

And being well-endowed can be dangerous for sure - I am excited about having lost there, and losing more!

joysh 09-07-2012 03:17 PM

Hello Dear IPeeps! Happy Friday!!

Quote:

Gotta say, I feel fabulous!!! The first day was a little rough, but woke up the next morning feeling better than I have in a long time. My joints were about 70% less stiff than usual, and even better the past two days. What's up with that??... I can have a little olive oil, right? Like a teaspoon for my salad dressing?

Twindy, congrats on your 3rd day!! Yes, joints start feeling better. EVERYTHING starts to feel better and it's great! Welcome to the forum!

You are required to have 1-2 tsp olive oil each day. You can have it on your salad or cook with it, although my coach says that it's good to have at least 1 tsp on a salad (uncooked) each day, just to be sure it "gets in there." There are program sheets posted on the stickies at the top of the Ideal Protein Forum.

Rainbow, Too funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl::rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotsahope (Post 4460524)
I did it by being prepared, thinking of my needs for meals ahead of time, eating an extra IP meal if needed to get by, eating a snack before faced with a difficult food situation, drinking water, and 3 Fat Chicks to recharge my courage. You don't know me so you can't be aware of how unlike me this is. My family is in shock! I love family, food, and fun.

Yes, this diet really moves us into a "take charge, be prepared" mode. It's also unlike me. I decide what to wear in the morning when I get dressed. I decide what to eat when it's time to cook. With this diet, I need to plan and prepare and I like the feeling!!! And my family is shocked, too! :D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4460774)
I need/have to get out of the 170's and finally hit the century club, so I've decided with my coach's blessing to just keep going with boot camp till I hit that all important mark for me. Plus in three weeks I will be flying home to CA to see people and lots of family I haven't seen in almost a year. I feel like I'm going for my big reveal o. :D

I know you'll do this and we can't wait to celebrate with you!!
:cheer2::cheer2:

Fishette 09-07-2012 03:43 PM

Thanks so much for the encouragement, everyone! I took off work early today to get things prepared, and I picked up a few extra tasty IP packets while getting my WI this morning - which, by the way, registered 3.4 lbs! I will tell you how the visit went when I return, but I'm sure I will be OP. I know accountability is a wonderful thing! I'm ready for lots of baby smooches!

Yesmyqueen, if I knew how much love grand babies bring I would have had them first!

Fishette 09-07-2012 03:46 PM

I had to post again so I could see my new progress meter! Yea!

evepet 09-07-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

I've had practically no pain in my joints since starting IP. Like Dana said above, it seems to decrease inflammation in our bodies, which certainly minimizes joint pain. You said you didn't get a lot of instruction when you first joined up.... I recently started a blog (the link is in my signature line) which contains most (if not all) of the info newbies generally get... it is focused more towards those of us who decide to do the diet using alternative products. But the info is still there. For instance, you asked about olive oil... if you look at this link it takes you to the Phase 1 Phan protocol sheet, which says that we are REQUIRED to take an extra 1-2 tsp of oil/day. Here's the link to the Phase 1 Plan sheet: http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...L-PROTEIN5.pdf

Quote:

OMG - that is too funny. :D I'm fairly well endowed, and can't help but notice that I'm getting saggier 'up top' as the lbs drop off. One of these days, one may well end up dipping in to my coffee cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4460928)

umm....did you notice my recipes changed recently from evoo to coconut oil!!! i think! :rofl:

glad i could bring a smile 2 u'r beautiful face today!! :D

"I think!" ? Better hit the jug of coconut oil Rainbow! :) I did indeed notice that. :D Glad to see the coconut influence is spreading.

Delgen 09-07-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Made my day!

Delgen 09-07-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4460774)
Just got back from my first WI where I let my coach weigh me again. I didn't want her to do it when I got back from all of my time off this summer. I knew the scale was up, didn't really need her scale's confirmation too. She was a good sport about it, and told me whenever I was ready. So today I knew I was close, so I went for it. It wasn't as bad as I feared, only up 2 pounds, and 1 inch. I've been doing a form of boot camp this past week, and I am being rewarded big time for it on the scale. I need/have to get out of the 170's and finally hit the century club, so I've decided with my coach's blessing to just keep going with boot camp till I hit that all important mark for me. Plus in three weeks I will be flying home to CA to see people and lots of family I haven't seen in almost a year. I feel like I'm going for my big reveal o. :D

I hope everyone is having a good Friday, and now I'm off to FINALLY use my new dehydrator. Wish my luck. :chef:

You're on the good side of it now, Dana. Glad things are going your way. Have fun with your new toy!

Yesmyqueen 09-07-2012 04:36 PM

Happy happyday to you all!!! I've been catching up on all the recent posts, sounds like everyone is humming right along and that's a GOOD thing.

I have a little joke to go along w rainbowsmiles joke,

A woman was ten pounds overweight so she went to the doctor and he advised her to eat normal for a day and skip a day, eat normal and skip a day,for a month. At her next Dr visit The Dr was amazed as she had lost 20 lbs, he said you have done so well how did it go? She said great except I thought I would die with all that skipping every other day.

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4461009)
Happy happyday to you all!!! I've been catching up on all the recent posts, sounds like everyone is humming right along and that's a GOOD thing.

I have a little joke to go along w rainbowsmiles joke,

A woman was ten pounds overweight so she went to the doctor and he advised her to eat normal for a day and skip a day, eat normal and skip a day,for a month. At her next Dr visit The Dr was amazed as she had lost 20 lbs, he said you have done so well how did it go? She said great except I thought I would die with all that skipping every other day.

hahahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

i LOVE FRiDAY FUNNiES!!!