Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #61  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Missed the motivation of this thread the last few days! My netbook decided to completely die after the last windows update and all attempts to revive it were unsuccessful. I think it may have gotten a virus or something. We had some tax return money left over so we invested in a new laptop, something I can use at home and hubby can also bring to school if needed.

This week I'm on "staycation" - I'm doing well with my meals but it's so much harder to make sure I drink all of my water. When I'm at work, I keep the water bottle on my desk and refill it every time I get up to use the bathroom. It's definitely taking more thought to remember that at home! Small NSV, we took the kids to Cracker Barrel for lunch after church on Sunday and I had a big plate of turnip greens and a house salad without even blinking! Hubby got a big breakfast and I just enjoyed the smell of the pancakes and syrup
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Okay , so I was okay with my slight weight gain over my vacation......however, I weighed myself again today...unofficially...and I am up like 5 lbs!!! I am freaking out! I know what I would tell my friends to do...but, I can not! I feel like a failure...why? My DD is going needing me to to help her go back to college, I am spending time in my classroom, getting both of my kids ready for back to school...is it stress?????? I feeel like I am losing ground. Help!!
Remember when this happened the last time? STOP freaking out....your body is adjusting again to going back to work and doing more than you normally do. You are NOT losing ground, just stay focused and stop obessing with the scale. I am sure you clothes are fitting the same if not better and YOU ARE FEELING GREAT.....ARE YOU NOT????

Good morning everyone, Today I am wearing an XL shirt my MOM wore when she started IP over a year ago and it FITS....here is a link to the picture...hope it works.....
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...r&notif_t=like
Old 08-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #63  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, rushing in after WI, got a meeting to scoot to, I'm down another 2 Lbs and 2.5 inches. To all that have WIs, good luck, for those that are struggling, please, please hang in there. Gotta go for now, will log back in at lunchtime.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #64  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Good morning everyone, Today I am wearing an XL shirt my MOM wore when she started IP over a year ago and it FITS....here is a link to the picture...hope it works.....
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...r&notif_t=like[/COLOR]
Beautiful! You're absolutely radiant in that picture, Lisa! You are such an inspiration!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #65  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
Beautiful! You're absolutely radiant in that picture, Lisa! You are such an inspiration!
Thank you
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #66  

Good morning!

I'm feeling much better This morning, still not 100%, but a lot better. Wow, that Norwalk sure takes a beating out of you!! I want to thank you all for being my lifeline!!! I got DH to grab me some G2 which worked well. I tried some saltines, they didn't stay down long. LOL. So far this morning I've had 2 vanilla pudding cups. We have RTD puddings here in Canada and they are awesome! I'm out of them now, so wil try a RTD later on once these settle.

Today will be a home day of relaxing, sleeping, bleaching surfaces and laundry. DH came to the rescue last night and bleached and did up sheets etc from DS room. Now just a few things left. I don't want other DS or DH to get this!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Good luck on WIs and for those that the scale showed frustration, remember keep on keeping on. I'm sure the scale will jump for me the next few days as I rehydrate. I lost 5 lbs yesterday from all the fluid loss. Crazy!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #67  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Remember when this happened the last time? STOP freaking out....your body is adjusting again to going back to work and doing more than you normally do. You are NOT losing ground, just stay focused and stop obessing with the scale. I am sure you clothes are fitting the same if not better and YOU ARE FEELING GREAT.....ARE YOU NOT????

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...r&notif_t=like
Beautiful picture! And NewPath - I'm with Wuv, just want to add you should definitely throw your scale in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, rushing in after WI, got a meeting to scoot to, I'm down another 2 Lbs and 2.5 inches. To all that have WIs, good luck, for those that are struggling, please, please hang in there. Gotta go for now, will log back in at lunchtime.
WOO-HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I'm feeling much better This morning, still not 100%, but a lot better. Wow, that Norwalk sure takes a beating out of you!! I want to thank you all for being my lifeline!!! I got DH to grab me some G2 which worked well. I tried some saltines, they didn't stay down long. LOL. So far this morning I've had 2 vanilla pudding cups. We have RTD puddings here in Canada and they are awesome! I'm out of them now, so wil try a RTD later on once these settle.

Today will be a home day of relaxing, sleeping, bleaching surfaces and laundry. DH came to the rescue last night and bleached and did up sheets etc from DS room. Now just a few things left. I don't want other DS or DH to get this!
You "sound" much better now! Glad you are getting over it - sounds awful!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #68  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
I'm feeling much better This morning, still not 100%, but a lot better. Wow, that Norwalk sure takes a beating out of you!!
!
so glad to hear you are feeling a little better momHOTTIE!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning!

Good luck on WIs and for those that the scale showed frustration, remember keep on keeping on. I'm sure the scale will jump for me the next few days as I rehydrate. I lost 5 lbs yesterday from all the fluid loss. Crazy!
Glad you are feeling better!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Great WI for me. I'm down 2.2 lbs and am .8 away from GOAL!!! Hopefully my body will cooperate next week! My body fat is down and lean muscle is up. So it's all good!
Whoo Hoo!!!!!!! You are just about there. So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Hey pretty lady! Nice photo, I don't remember that from before... Glad your return to phase 1 has been smooth. I hope mine is too!
Thank you. Hope you are surviving your reboot.

Quote:
Great job!

Quote:
Good morning!

Happy to hear you are both on the mend.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #71  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Ok...it is official! I am in the Century Club! Great WI today down 4 pounds. NewPath- I am with Wuv...stay off the scale and trust the diet! It works! You know it does. sewingmomma great job! So proud of you!

Well, must go do some laundry and get kids packed. Stay on track everyone...be the loss!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #72  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
All right!!!! Welcome to the century club!!! You'll be in onderland in no time!!!

Way to go!!! It's not about the food; it's about spending time with friends. That's my mantra on social occasions.

Great job! That's how I do vacations too! I lost about the same amount as you on our beach trip in March. Don't you just love fitting in to smaller clothes?

Welcome back! I'm sure you'll do great with the reboot!

That is one of the best NSVs EVER!!!!!

Dana,
That's fantastic. You rock!

Diva you look fantastic!!!!! I'm sure your coach is right. Drink lots and lots of water.

I have never felt deprived on IP. I was just saying that to my husband the other night. I had a huge plate full of raw veggies and 8 oz of protein and was stuffed when I finished eating.

Hang in there Rainbow. Didn't you have a really stressful week last week? That could be the reason for the gain.

Great WI for me. I'm down 2.2 lbs and am .8 away from GOAL!!! Hopefully my body will cooperate next week! My body fat is down and lean muscle is up. So it's all good!
Thanks it was great to "flaunt the weight loss", he was almost slobbering at the mouth

Quote:
My son and I have Norwalk. Stomach flu coming out both ends. I have lost a lot of water today and can't keep anything down. I have lost 4 lbs today and that's not good. I'm worried and scared. What should I do? I'm going to try sips of Protidiet chicken noodle soup with added salt. Any other ideas? I have had zero to eat or drink today and I'm weak. Thanks. Just kept down one glass of water just now so here's hoping.
OOh, I'm praying you both have a speedy recovery, my heart feels for you, be well...soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good thing about having an OFF week, is that it's over in a week...
bring on the NEW WEEK!!

posted a 1.7 gain this past week...real bummer...

stayed OP for the most part, a few extra packets and a few more "extras" than usual, but otherwise my week was not much different than the past 15 weeks, so not exactly sure why the gain. i didn't over exert, i think i got in most of my water

Phmmmmmp.....so bring on the new week....its a NEW DAY, A NEW WEEK, A NEW ME!!

love you momhottie!!!!!
you said you stayed OP for the most part, let's try to stay 100% and see if that works for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
So today was a new weigh-in day at a new weigh-in time because I had to change coaches so it was a shortened week. Had we weighed me yesterday I would have been down a lovely 2 lbs. But my body decided that wasn't meant to be and by the time I went to bed last night I had water retention and the big C rearing their ugly heads. So my first WI with my new coach saw me up .8 lb. The reality is that I am 100% and have been since day 1 so I have no reason to feel ashamed for having a gain the first day with a new coach. She told me I must have had to many carbs for my lean mass to have gone up and that would explain the gain...not sure that I agree with her considering I measure everything...if she looked back at my chart she would see I have been experiencing gains in lean mass off and on most likely due to my activity level and the additional protein packet to support that activity. I am not devastated but I am not thrilled about this week and will stick it out with her for a couple more weigh-ins. I think I must be HORROR-MOAN-al which may be why it is bothering me...low tolerance day. I WANT my old coach back...I think I will have to tell her husband he has to give her back...I work with him. I have felt the need to pout profusely but will try to reel in that temptation and put on a happy face.

So searching for my smaller big girl panties...and changing my focus back to my mini goal of being to 150 by around 8/31/12. That is better than my first reaction of pretending today's WI didn't even happen. So here's to continuing this journey through celebrations and frustrations...100% all the way.
You have not had enough time in between WIs, don't beat yourself up, next week you will be back in fighting form and kicking IP butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Okay , so I was okay with my slight weight gain over my vacation......however, I weighed myself again today...unofficially...and I am up like 5 lbs!!! I am freaking out! I know what I would tell my friends to do...but, I can not! I feel like a failure...why? My DD is going needing me to to help her go back to college, I am spending time in my classroom, getting both of my kids ready for back to school...is it stress?????? I feeel like I am losing ground. Help!!
Hang in there NewPath, you are NOT a failure, you are stressing, stress will do alot of crazy things to the body, let it go. Today is a new day and you WILL rebound and that 5 lbs will be just an ugly reminder. You can do this, I have (we all) faith in you
Old 08-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #73  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Beautiful picture! And NewPath - I'm with Wuv, just want to add you should definitely throw your scale in the trash.

WOO-HOO!

You "sound" much better now! Glad you are getting over it - sounds awful!
thank you very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Whoo Hoo!!!!!!! You are just about there. So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Hope you are surviving your reboot.

Great job!

Happy to hear you are both on the mend.
thank you Dana
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Ok...it is official! I am in the Century Club! Great WI today down 4 pounds.

Quote:
you said you stayed OP for the most part, let's try to stay 100% and see if that works for you
OUCH!! me thinks i just got a well deserved shathom smackdown!!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #75  

Default Congrats Tripmama!!!

Way to go Trip!!!!! Congratulations!!!!. : cheer::celebrate.so proud of you!!!
Closed Thread