Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning! As always, I knew reading your posts would make my day a bit brighter. I am looking forward to not having to suck in a little bit to button these pants as I did this morning!

When I got home from work last night, I was so tired and irritated...I just wanted to sit on the porch and have a cold beer. And it was a little depressing that I couldn't have one. The results will be worth it...that's what I keep telling myself!

I am going to try freezing my Wildberry Yogurt for lunch...hope it works!

Have a great day!
What a great idea! I often bring one for lunch at work- but alas, without my blender. So freezing and scraping it with a spoon would be delish.
Thanks for the idea!
I don't drink beer, but I would join you on the porch for a diet coke( my weakness of choice). Cheers, one day!

Jeanie
Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #17  
IP Reboot Mar 31/2013

S/C/G: 187/158/130

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone!
been away from the forum for a few days had some personal problems to deal with.
I'm an emotional eater and the IP diet made it really easy to stay on track even during these tough few days. if i craved something sweet i just took a bar or if i wanted something salty i ate the soy puffs or ridges.

i think that's what makes this diet differenet than the other protein related diets out there. I got so bored on atkins.

My headaches went away after the 4th day and i feel so energized.

My first weigh in is this evening
WISH ME LUCK
Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
OMG 1st "actual" post of the day, can it be? *dance dance*
DH told me to stop letting him sleep in EVERY morning while I read the forums etc. so I'm gonna go get him up in about 10 minutes, it's 50 minutes earlier than normal, so I figure he can learn to forgive me.
Good luck on the trip. I gotta have my music with me for stuff like that as well. Long flights are the same - I just have to refrain from singing and dancing in the aisles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all

Still stuck at home with this horrible air boot on my foot and half way up the leg. Not doing much for the pain, but sure is hard on my lymphedema swelling in my legs. Sure hope the drs decision is NOT weeks of wearing this. I may go ballistic.

Have a great day, stay OP.

Molly
Molly - hope you get some relief soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all! WI last night saw another 3.2 gone forever - only 6.8 until the 100 mark. Insanity! Hoping that will come in two weeks. Would be nice!

Hope everyone has a great day!
congrats! woot woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Good morning all!! Day three of IP and I finally feel like a human again!! I felt so terrible last night (weak, cravings, hunger, HEADACHE) I just wanted it all to end. The temptation to cheat was SO strong, but I didn't and this morning I am rewarded by feeling SO much better, what a relief Have a great day everyone, good luck to everyone weighing in today
There are quite a few new folks on here - i'm so glad you posted that you broke through the yuckies! It will really help the others too. Isn't it funny - you feel like you are in a dark hole then suddenly - ta-da! you emerge into the light Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
YAY....Good for you!!! I am on my 3rd week and once again I don't "feel" like I've lost any weight..(my DH took my home scale away so I don't REALLY know if I've lost anything...) Last week when I felt like this I had a 7lb WL...So fingers crossed for my WI on Friday....I've definitely noticed I have good days and bad days...but I haven't really FELT like I'm losing yet..I am on day 21 today and trying REALLY hard to be patient....
Here's to a GREAT IP day...good luck all....
fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Wow, and a good morning to all. Starting my day reading this forum is so inspiring. Thank you and keep it up. Since this is the beginning for me...I really need the positive commentary you all post.
I was so happy to see just a handful of posts this morning - i can keep up today! When i'm out of town its hard when by the time the day ends there are over a hundred! But I need it too.

Quote:
Good morning! As always, I knew reading your posts would make my day a bit brighter. I am looking forward to not having to suck in a little bit to button these pants as I did this morning!

When I got home from work last night, I was so tired and irritated...I just wanted to sit on the porch and have a cold beer. And it was a little depressing that I couldn't have one. The results will be worth it...that's what I keep telling myself!

Have a great day!
I love the wildberry yogurt but haven't thought about freezing it.. let us know how it turns out! Some one else suggested freezing the crangranata into 3 popsicles. As soon as I get more packets i'm going to try that too.

Have a great day everyone. I was worried about being away since last Friday but I only gained a pound back. Still in the 140's on home scale (barely, but I'm there!). Next WI won't be til next week.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160.2/138/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I had a rough night last night; I couldn't shake the feeling of being hungry and consequently was in a bad mood! So rather than cheat, I went to bed early! Good news is that this morning I woke up feeling amazing!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning all!

Go for WI in this evening. Was hoping the Whoosh Fairy would come - but think she skipped me this week - so I'm hoping for 2 lbs, and a little bit on the inches.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #21  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

I am starting almost all over again. I started IP last June with my husband. I lost 50lbs and my husband lost 70lbs in 17 weeks. We were 100% OP. We kept the weight off through the holidays and into April. Then I was diagonsed with cervical cancer. Devastated, I ate and ate. June 4th I had a radical hysterectmy. They got all the cancer, PTL, but for the last 7 weeks I have basically been home bound with three little ones. Even though the surgery was robotic, recovery was much harder than I expected. I could not lift and was to sore to do much but eat. I am disappointed with my choices that I made concerning eating. Yesterday was my birthday and although I am so thankful to be cancer free I was to ashamed of my appearance to celebrate. I know my family doesn't care but they were so proud of me before and I am embarrassed. I did this diet before and almost did not post just in case I couldn't do it again. (mind set) I know I will need accountability to get through the first couple of weeks. I read this site all the time even when I am making poor decisions. That all changes today. My husband only needs to loose 10lbs, so he will be finished in a couple of weeks. So here we go
Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #22  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Default 50lbs!

Woo hoo! I weighed in this morning at 250! That's 50 pounds lost! Woo hoo. What shall I do to celebrate? I already had my mani pedi and hair cut this weekend just cuz I needed it. I must say, I am really proud of myself!!

I had to get right on and share. You guys all feel like part of my life now. Thanks for being here. I'm a third of the way there! What a great feeling.

What a great diet! Wish I'd learned of it a few years earlier but better now than never.

Have a great day. It's beautiful in the northwest. Expecting a perfect 70 - 75 degree day.

Red
Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #23  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Morning, all! WI last night saw another 3.2 gone forever - only 6.8 until the 100 mark. Insanity! Hoping that will come in two weeks. Would be nice!

Go girl!
Quote:

Have a great day!
Have a tall cold glass if ice water. Or one of the chocolate sakes with crushed ice.
[QUOTE=mommyof3girls;4416025]I am starting almost all over again. I started IP last June with my husband. I lost 50lbs and my husband lost 70lbs in 17 weeks. We were 100% OP. We kept the weight off through the holidays and into April. Then I was diagonsed with cervical cancer. Devastated, I ate and ate. June 4th I had a radical hysterectmy. They got all the cancer, PTL, but for the last 7 weeks I have basically been home bound with three little ones. Even though the surgery was robotic, recovery was much harder than I expected. I could not lift and was to sore to do much but eat. I am disappointed with my choices that I made concerning eating. Yesterday was my birthday and although I am so thankful to be cancer free I was to ashamed of my appearance to celebrate. I know my family doesn't care but they were so proud of me before and I am embarrassed. I did this diet before and almost did not post just in case I couldn't do it again. (mind set) I know I will need accountability to get through the first couple of weeks. I read this site all the time even when I am making poor decisions. That all changes today. My husband only needs to loose 10lbs, so he will be finished in a couple of weeks. So here we go[/QUOTE
I gained 60#'s after my cancer diagnosis in '04. Not sure but much mess again when I relapsed in 2010.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #24  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

i'm H.O.M.E.
such a lovely word!!!!!
except....came home to a H.O.T.T. house as the air conditioning quit working!! uggggg 89 degress inside. getting in after an 11 hour drive at 3 am and NO AIR...i was like, SERIOUSLY???? omg....its so hot!!!

hope the repair man can come soon!!!!!!!!!! can't open windows because its even hotter outside and no air today!!! so....fans on clothes off!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I am a daily weigher at home, and the ups/downs don't bother me as I know it's normal.
lovin' your new photo!!! beautiful!!!!!!!! i weigh daily too....however, i stopped comparing the data to the day before, i now compare it to the same day a week before....which always lets me know how much i have lost for a week...on any given day....and i see a very real trend in my weight as to when it fluctuates which helps me see that there will be days of ups and downs and then the woosh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all. It is one hot and humid day here in FL. I need a vacation
good morning to you too....and i so hope you get your vacation soon!!! we just got back and had a blast!! plan ahead and be prepared!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Good morning everyone!! Watching Deadliest Catch on TV and thinking it will be crab tonight. Yum! Have WI #4 this morning hoping for 2lbs so I can hit 20 in 4 weeks. Best diet ever!!! Hope you all have an amazing day!!!

Sassy
hi sassy...yum.....crab.....i love crab!!!! i had delicious crab legs while on vacation!!! and i love crab cakes!!! hmmm.....might make some 2nite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
I am a daily weigher too, I have to, totally my routine. And if I dont like what the scale says, I move it somewhere else in the room to see if I can get a better read...haha, and you know sometimes I do...that is really crazy!

Sunday as I am heading for beach camping.
I will not be able to weigh in...unless I bring my scale....
My friend uses an RV so I am going to bring my blender, that is my favorite way for shakes, blended with ice.
hahaha on the scale movement!! have fun at the beach!!! oh and take your scale!! i took mine and was so glad i did because not only was it a reminder to me, that when everyone else was "pigging" out, i knew i needed to stay the course and i was away on weigh in day, so it made me feel so good to see the loss and know that even on vacation i was in control....if i had left the scales home all week, i would have driven myself nuts wondering!! haha
i also blend my drinks with ice in my magic bullet....so easy to pack and travel with!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I can't wait to say goodbye to the 170's! Its coming, baby!

Jeanie
sending you to beat those 70's goodbye!!!! its coming baby!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I know I can stash like, 6-7 packets inside my shaker bottle so I'll do that to save some space.

Well, I'm off to sync my iPod so I can listen to it on my way to the cities on Friday, that's gonna be one long a** ride. By my lonesome, so need good tunes to keep me focused. Keep it OP everyone and good luck with Weigh Ins today!
good idea about stashing packets in the shaker bottle!! have fun!!!!!! and sync lynryd skynyrds CALL ME THE BREEZE!!! its always a great song to get down the highway with!!

Quote:
Good morning, all

Still stuck at home with this horrible air boot on my foot and half way up the leg. Not doing much for the pain, but sure is hard on my lymphedema swelling in my legs. Sure hope the drs decision is NOT weeks of wearing this. I may go ballistic.
sorry molly that you are dealing with all the pain. i don't handle pain well...i'm a wimp!! haha take care of yourself!!

Quote:

woohoooo!!!! WOW!!! i can't even wait to get that close!! i know you are so proud and excited...and what an amazing job you have done to stay committed and stay the course of IP....you look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
YAY....Good for you!!! I am on my 3rd week and once again I don't "feel" like I've lost any weight..(my DH took my home scale away so I don't REALLY know if I've lost anything...) Last week when I felt like this I had a 7lb WL...So fingers crossed for my WI on Friday....I've definitely noticed I have good days and bad days...but I haven't really FELT like I'm losing yet..I am on day 21 today and trying REALLY hard to be patient....
Here's to a GREAT IP day...good luck all....
good luck!!!! while i was away on holiday, i didn't "FEEL" like i had lost weight either....because sometimes i really can FEEL myself getting lighter....i know that sounds crazy but i can....but i knew i stayed the course and stayed 100% but i didn't feel it, i was so nervous....but then 4.8 pounds was gone so sometimes we don't feel it but it happens!!!

Quote:

Have a great day!
i read someplace....this is only temporary....so one day you can have your beer and drink it too!!! hang in there!!! good idea about the frozen yogurt!!! yum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini anna View Post
WISH ME LUCK
GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymoo19 View Post
Good morning everyone! I had a rough night last night; I couldn't shake the feeling of being hungry and consequently was in a bad mood! So rather than cheat, I went to bed early! Good news is that this morning I woke up feeling amazing!

missymoo.....going to bed early has saved me MANY A DAYS!!!! we do what we have to do!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-25-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Good morning everyone!
been away from the forum for a few days had some personal problems to deal with.
I'm an emotional eater and the IP diet made it really easy to stay on track even during these tough few days. if i craved something sweet i just took a bar or if i wanted something salty i ate the soy puffs or ridges.

i think that's what makes this diet differenet than the other protein related diets out there. I got so bored on atkins.

My headaches went away after the 4th day and i feel so energized.

WISH ME LUCK
GOOD LUCK.............
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
I am starting almost all over again. I started IP last June with my husband. I lost 50lbs and my husband lost 70lbs in 17 weeks. We were 100% OP. We kept the weight off through the holidays and into April. Then I was diagonsed with cervical cancer. Devastated, I ate and ate. June 4th I had a radical hysterectmy. They got all the cancer, PTL, but for the last 7 weeks I have basically been home bound with three little ones. Even though the surgery was robotic, recovery was much harder than I expected. I could not lift and was to sore to do much but eat. I am disappointed with my choices that I made concerning eating. Yesterday was my birthday and although I am so thankful to be cancer free I was to ashamed of my appearance to celebrate. I know my family doesn't care but they were so proud of me before and I am embarrassed. I did this diet before and almost did not post just in case I couldn't do it again. (mind set) I know I will need accountability to get through the first couple of weeks. I read this site all the time even when I am making poor decisions. That all changes today. My husband only needs to loose 10lbs, so he will be finished in a couple of weeks. So here we go
You have been through so much and have overcome so much! Be proud of yourself and give yourself the gift of getting healthy! We will all be here for you and cheer you on, all you have to do is follow the diet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
Woo hoo! I weighed in this morning at 250! That's 50 pounds lost! Woo hoo. What shall I do to celebrate? I already had my mani pedi and hair cut this weekend just cuz I needed it. I must say, I am really proud of myself!!

I had to get right on and share. You guys all feel like part of my life now. Thanks for being here. I'm a third of the way there! What a great feeling.

What a great diet! Wish I'd learned of it a few years earlier but better now than never.

Have a great day. It's beautiful in the northwest. Expecting a perfect 70 - 75 degree day.

Red
I think you rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymoo19 View Post

Way to go, sleep is often the best cure for grouchiness!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i'm H.O.M.E.
such a lovely word!!!!!
except....came home to a H.O.T.T. house as the air conditioning quit working!! uggggg 89 degress inside. getting in after an 11 hour drive at 3 am and NO AIR...i was like, SERIOUSLY???? omg....its so hot!!!

hope the repair man can come soon!!!!!!!!!! can't open windows because its even hotter outside and no air today!!! so....fans on clothes off!! haha

lovin' your new photo!!! beautiful!!!!!!!! i weigh daily too....however, i stopped comparing the data to the day before, i now compare it to the same day a week before....which always lets me know how much i have lost for a week...on any given day....and i see a very real trend in my weight as to when it fluctuates which helps me see that there will be days of ups and downs and then the woosh!!

good morning to you too....and i so hope you get your vacation soon!!! we just got back and had a blast!! plan ahead and be prepared!!

hi sassy...yum.....crab.....i love crab!!!! i had delicious crab legs while on vacation!!! and i love crab cakes!!! hmmm.....might make some 2nite!!!

hahaha on the scale movement!! have fun at the beach!!! oh and take your scale!! i took mine and was so glad i did because not only was it a reminder to me, that when everyone else was "pigging" out, i knew i needed to stay the course and i was away on weigh in day, so it made me feel so good to see the loss and know that even on vacation i was in control....if i had left the scales home all week, i would have driven myself nuts wondering!! haha
i also blend my drinks with ice in my magic bullet....so easy to pack and travel with!!!

sending you to beat those 70's goodbye!!!! its coming baby!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!

good idea about stashing packets in the shaker bottle!! have fun!!!!!! and sync lynryd skynyrds CALL ME THE BREEZE!!! its always a great song to get down the highway with!!

sorry molly that you are dealing with all the pain. i don't handle pain well...i'm a wimp!! haha take care of yourself!!

woohoooo!!!! WOW!!! i can't even wait to get that close!! i know you are so proud and excited...and what an amazing job you have done to stay committed and stay the course of IP....you look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! well done!!!

good luck!!!! while i was away on holiday, i didn't "FEEL" like i had lost weight either....because sometimes i really can FEEL myself getting lighter....i know that sounds crazy but i can....but i knew i stayed the course and stayed 100% but i didn't feel it, i was so nervous....but then 4.8 pounds was gone so sometimes we don't feel it but it happens!!!

i read someplace....this is only temporary....so one day you can have your beer and drink it too!!! hang in there!!! good idea about the frozen yogurt!!! yum!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

missymoo.....going to bed early has saved me MANY A DAYS!!!! we do what we have to do!!!
WELCOME HOME RAINBOWSMILES.......congrats on your successful trip!! I have to tell you I love seeing your posts on here..they are always so bright and cheerful and you have a beautiful smile too...
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #28  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i'm H.O.M.E.
such a lovely word!!!!!

So glad you're home safe and sound, but SOOOOO sorry about the AC. Since I live in the south, I know your misery. Until I replaced my 27 year old heat pump this spring, I was dealing with it going out every few months. Not fun. Hope it's a quick fix.

You can tell I'm like you, not dealing well with the pain since I'm whining a lot. Don't do the pity party thing except with pain and then, look out. I'll try to be good online and not whine.

Molly
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #29  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
... if i craved something sweet i just took a bar or if i wanted something salty i ate the soy puffs or ridges.

WISH ME LUCK
I'm sure having the available sweet and/or salty/crunchy on protocol options to satisfy those needs has helped me stay on the program too. Even after I reach goal, I'm going to keep a supply of suitable low carb products on hand, so I don't resort to other sugary/high carb options like I've done in the past. Good luck on your WI tonight.

Quote:
Good morning, all

Love the new picture, Cindy. Lookin' good.

Sending the whoosh fairy to all those looking to get into new decades and certain goals. I'm not looking for a good WI this weekend with the irritation to my leg as it just keeps adding more fluid as a protection.

Have a great day, stay OP.

Molly
Molly, I've not been checking in each day and don't know for sure what's happened to you leg-wise. But I feel for your situation, and hope things get resolved quickly.

Quote:

Wowser... so close to -100!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
You certainly had a lot to cope with. You're back now, and on target again re a healthier weight. That's what is important to focus on now. I don't always check in quite so frequently these days, but this forum certainly helped tremendously during my early months on the protocol. And even now, when things have pretty much become a routine for me, it still motivates me to come here and read how others are doing. There is tremendous help and support here for all who seek it out.

WI day for me today. And I'm happy to report today's was a -2.4 loss for me. Broke that last 2 week stall.... now I've just got a teeny bit to lose to get to the 1/2 way to goal point.... and beyond.

I'm an 'apple' shape, and wondering if any of the rest of you (apple-shape or otherwise) have noticed that it seems harder to lose the weight through the stomach-midrift area? I've lost some weight/inches there - but it's not as noticeable as in many other areas of my body. I am 61, and a couple of friends my age have commented that it's harder to lose weight in those areas as we age.... anyone got any comments about this?

Good luck everyone with today's WIs. And have a great OP day.

Last edited by evepet; 07-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #30  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Just want to reiterate how helpful and inspiring this forum is! While I do see results w/ the plan, personally, I don't think its super easy to stay OP.

MissyMoo19 -- good plan on the going to bed early instead of giving in to cravings. I need to use that technique myself more.

On the plus side -- i'm down another notch on my belt, to the last one! Guess I'll be buying some new ones soon
Closed Thread