Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiestone View Post
Hi. I just joined this site yest. and tomorrow will begin IP. I tried it once before for one month. Lost some weight but really disliked the food. Now I am starting over bec it does give fast results. I like the choc shakes, pina colada drinks,the bars, and chili. Dont think I can have the chili on phase one and can only have one bar a week. Any suggestions on tricks to improve the taste of the foods so I can be successful this time? Or is there a website where you go to find recipes? Not even sure if this is the right place to post for this type of info since I am new here. Thank you and your experiences shared here are very motivating.
welcome! Chili is restricted - read your phase 1 sheet carefully. You can have a bar everyday if that is the ONLY restricted you eat! Good luck. And make sure to check the alternatives and the recipes. It really makes a difference with the packets. Even if you love them, they get boring after awhile.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Oh my word!! I am SO very nervous, I have a job interview today and I dont know why they freak me out so much. I am having perma-flutters lol I have already been telling myself I should have worn the other outfit, or put up my hair, etc. I am trying to stay positive and encouraging to myself, but I guess I am my own worst enemy.

My question is would this constitute having an extra packet due to my stress levels? I am in Phase 2 so I am only getting 2 packets in normally. I have never really understood the concept of having an extra packet for stress. I understand for the physical exertion, that makes sense. Can anyone explain why we would need more for a high stress level?

Thank you in advance!!

Hope all are having a great OP day!! We have been having a lot of good losses, you are all SO awesome!!

Steph

You are going to rock that interview! Take a deep breath and remember the hard work you went through in Phase 1 - that interview will pale in comparison!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Frozen Wildberry Yogurt Update:

It was perfect for this sunny 85+ degree weather (I sat outside on break). A little icy on top after settling...but otherwise, it gave me the frozen yogurt feeling I needed today.
so you just mixed it up and stuck it in the freezer for a few hours? now i'm craving one!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning! It cooled off real nice last night, and now expecting storms through Friday. That's ok, we need the rain.

Kaypix - after trying & trying to find the instructions you put out there on how to use photobucket to 'hook' pics together to import to our signatures on here, I give up. Can you direct me to the thread with the info? Seems like it was in June sometime where you posted it, but not sure. (Or just repost????) Thank you!!!

I am a daily weigher at home, and the ups/downs don't bother me as I know it's normal. But I have been hovering just above the 160s for a couple of weeks now and am anxious to get into the next 'decade'. I know my scales weighs a bit lighter than the one at the clinic, but still, I am so excited to drop out of the 170's soon! Next WI is a week from tomorrow, so hoping for a big whoosh by then

Have a terrific OP day, and to those having WIs today - good luck!!

Cindy
Your new pictures is awesome!! You are beautiful and holy cow the changes!!! Incredible! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all

Still stuck at home with this horrible air boot on my foot and half way up the leg. Not doing much for the pain, but sure is hard on my lymphedema swelling in my legs. Sure hope the drs decision is NOT weeks of wearing this. I may go ballistic.

Love the new picture, Cindy. Lookin' good.

Sending the whoosh fairy to all those looking to get into new decades and certain goals. I'm not looking for a good WI this weekend with the irritation to my leg as it just keeps adding more fluid as a protection.

Have a great day, stay OP.

Molly
HUGS for having to go through this right now. Remember that your body is sending fluid to that area because of inflammation - its the body's own healing and protective response to an injury. Its just fluid and it will shift eventually. Hang in there and take care of yourself and stay OP. You know it's just fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all! WI last night saw another 3.2 gone forever - only 6.8 until the 100 mark. Insanity! Hoping that will come in two weeks. Would be nice!

Hope everyone has a great day!
You are AMAZING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning! As always, I knew reading your posts would make my day a bit brighter. I am looking forward to not having to suck in a little bit to button these pants as I did this morning!

When I got home from work last night, I was so tired and irritated...I just wanted to sit on the porch and have a cold beer. And it was a little depressing that I couldn't have one. The results will be worth it...that's what I keep telling myself!

I am going to try freezing my Wildberry Yogurt for lunch...hope it works!

Have a great day!
Remember that COLD BEER will be there for you next summer! Food and drinks we enjoy will be there when we're done this. Do this for you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
Woo hoo! I weighed in this morning at 250! That's 50 pounds lost! Woo hoo. What shall I do to celebrate? I already had my mani pedi and hair cut this weekend just cuz I needed it. I must say, I am really proud of myself!!

I had to get right on and share. You guys all feel like part of my life now. Thanks for being here. I'm a third of the way there! What a great feeling.

What a great diet! Wish I'd learned of it a few years earlier but better now than never.

Have a great day. It's beautiful in the northwest. Expecting a perfect 70 - 75 degree day.

Red
Awesome awesome awesome!!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #65  
UnwritteN

S/C/G: 273/251.6/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

So I'm sitting here with my two kiddos as they're eating Mac & Cheese and dried cranberries for lunch. And who would have ever guessed it....I have no want to even snag a bite of their Mac & Cheese! It's amazing how things change after just three weeks. I'm still sometimes having a hard time with all of the veggies, but I'm learning new ways to eat them to make sure I get my four cups in. Thanks for all the great ideas and recipes everyone!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #66  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Kaypix - after trying & trying to find the instructions you put out there on how to use photobucket to 'hook' pics together to import to our signatures on here, I give up. Can you direct me to the thread with the info? Seems like it was in June sometime where you posted it, but not sure. (Or just repost????) Thank you!!!
Cindy
Cindy - I'll get a PDF made this afternoon and post it up as its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
good morning! Kaypix and Cindy I am a daily weigher too, I have to, totally my routine. And if I dont like what the scale says, I move it somewhere else in the room to see if I can get a better read...haha, and you know sometimes I do...that is really crazy!
I am hovering in the 170's. In my past diet life, it took a major life event (wedding or death) to get out of them. I am hoping with IP I can be in the 160's by Sunday as I am heading for beach camping..
I know that feeling, I've been flirting with the lower end of 160's, seems to move slower than my 170's did, and those took for-ever! lol! I am kind of freaking out about what happens when I am in the 150's, like, will I even recognize myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Good luck on the trip. I gotta have my music with me for stuff like that as well. Long flights are the same - I just have to refrain from singing and dancing in the aisles
LoL I totally get that! I sing as loud as I can when I'm riding, helmet or not. This weekend I'll be wearing my brand spanking new Icon helmet

DH is happy because he knows how much I hated wearing my old helmet, which was super uncomfortable and I promised to wear this one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
good idea about stashing packets in the shaker bottle!! have fun!!!!!! and sync lynryd skynyrds CALL ME THE BREEZE!!! its always a great song to get down the highway with!!
I felt kind of brilliant about it at the time, I'll admit, and I'll download Call me the Breeze tonight and upload it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I give credit to Kaypix and her sexy new shoes as my inspiration - because why else would I have bought hot pink skinny jeans? Doesn't every girl need a pair? I got a little rock & roll top to match. I'll take pics when I get home, since I don't know where I'll ever wear this - but I had to have it! And what a steal! The jeans were $5 and the top was $2!!!
You are most welcome for the inspiration. I'm not even a shoe lover, but these shoes dang near jumped out of the box and grabbed me! Definitely need to see pics of the new outfit later!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #67  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Good afternoon! Hope everyone is having as much sun as we are

Congrats on all the great losses to all those who WI today

I woke up this morning, and looking at myself in the mirror I noticed I looked a little slimmer in the belly area. Curious, I stepped on the scale and had a 1.2 lb whoosh overnight since my WI yesterday! That feels great and I'm crossing my fingers for it to stay. It would jumpstart my phase 2 pretty well I don't have a "real" TOM since I take the pill non-stop, but I still get mini periods because my hormones are weird like that and this week was one of them. I think it explains the whoosh, which I'll gladly take!

Welcome to the newbies, have a great OP day everyone!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #68  
04/23/12~Kara

Hey everyone, just checking in this afternoon. DH is feeling pretty sick, he went to get a temp crown replaced with a real one at his dentist, and they ended up pulling some random other tooth instead. Now he's hurting, poor guy And of course the hole in his mouth is bleeding constantly, he's trying to keep the gauze on it but it's tough.

High today was only 94, yes, I said only, so I'm thrilled, hoping our AC kept up with the heat today for the first time in a week. I hate our insulation, or lack there of, the R-value is roughly 12, and apparently in our attic it's supposed to be closer to 30 I'm really fighting the urge to take the rest of the day off to take hubby home and take care of him, since I know he won't go on his own.

I got a coupon for my dr. scholl's high heel insoles, $2 off from dr.scholls website, so i can make my heels more comfy to wear whilst in Sturgis.

Well, I guess I'm back to working, will get that PDF of the photobucket stuff put together.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #69  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Dieter's forecast for the day: Sunny with a chance of " i can do this".

Yesterday was a horrible day all around..Just seemed frustrating and not very do-able..but it turns out that half my problem was the lack of sleep i had gotten the night before..So a long early evening nap and a good sleep last night and im bright eyed and bushy tailed..Im still in it to win it!! Thank you God for all the endurance,patience and willpower to keep going in the face of frustration..

Anywho..hope everyone has a great day today! Stay strong! Keep pressin on!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
so you just mixed it up and stuck it in the freezer for a few hours? now i'm craving one!
I actually kept it in the shaker and froze it since I'm at work...I would suggest transferring to a bowl or something with easier access prior to freezing...it was a little deep for my spoon.

Oh, and thank you to everyone for the support when earlier I was whining about not being able to have alcohol after a long day. Thanks!

Last edited by clh99002; 07-25-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Oh my word!! I am SO very nervous, I have a job interview today and I dont know why they freak me out so much. I am having perma-flutters lol I have already been telling myself I should have worn the other outfit, or put up my hair, etc. I am trying to stay positive and encouraging to myself, but I guess I am my own worst enemy.

My question is would this constitute having an extra packet due to my stress levels? I am in Phase 2 so I am only getting 2 packets in normally. I have never really understood the concept of having an extra packet for stress. I understand for the physical exertion, that makes sense. Can anyone explain why we would need more for a high stress level?

Thank you in advance!!

Hope all are having a great OP day!! We have been having a lot of good losses, you are all SO awesome!!

Steph
Stefany......good luck on your interview!! Take a deep breath and find your "Zen Place"....you will do great...!! Your pics are SO beautiful...GREAT JOB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Well, I had a meeting downtown and decided to do another pop into a different location of my favorite clearance rack clothing store (Old Navy), I had 3 items to downsize that I never got a chance to wear before I shrunk out of them (size 6 for a size 2). I'm serious when I say save your receipts! Because you will BLOW through the sizes at the end!.

I found my new size 2s and actually got a few new items - I give credit to Kaypix and her sexy new shoes as my inspiration - because why else would I have bought hot pink skinny jeans? Doesn't every girl need a pair? I got a little rock & roll top to match. I'll take pics when I get home, since I don't know where I'll ever wear this - but I had to have it! And what a steal! The jeans were $5 and the top was $2!!!

greeniris LOVE your new pic beautiful!!! And I have no doubts you will be busting through that next decade!!

dizzyjean You're another decade buster!

WingnutandMe So sorry you are still in such a pickle...just rest, heal, and we'll all be wishing a speedy recovery for you!

IPdivajen WHAT A LOSER! You've got the century club right in your sights girl!

Heitina I agree - This diet amazes me too!!!! Time has flown by and I am in a size freaking TWO? I was a super tight 16 when I started - I refused to upsize, when I busted the seam on my denim jeans I knew it was time to really do something. Keep it up!

kjwready Aren't you SOOOOOO GLAD you sucked it up through these 3 days! It's hard to hear when you are in the thick of it - but it really does get better - and remember NOT TO CHEAT unless you want to GO THROUGH THAT MISERY ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! You are now an official fat burning machine - welcome to ketosis!

mini anna Good luck on your WI#1!!! Please report your loss, and a HUGE CONGRATS on handling the emotional eating - I agree that this 'diet' has so many options that help us deal with the curveballs that our lives can throw us.

mommyof3girls You have been through so much! A huge congratulations on beating cancer, and a huge HUG and WELCOME BACK!

aimeed3 What a gorgeous pic! Congratulations on the great Loss - over 25lb in in 1 month!!! We are all such a big group of LOSERS!!!

bttrhalf yeah, it's hard to deal with those 'hungries' when they hit, but it really is so temporary. I will indulge in an extra dinner protein or extra egg whites though when they hit - but I am at the point now where I can recognize the 'true hunger' (there was a lot of mental hunger the first month for me - the recovering snacker). Have fun with your sister!

CarCamMom I'm only going to say this once - but WE TOLD YOU SO!!! Don't let those low weeks get you down - the scale ALWAYS goes down...ALWAYS. You really need to just have faith in the program - we have ALL had those weeks, we have ALL lost. It happens to EVERYONE - but we ALWAYS beat the scale!

clh99002 I sometimes blend up my WB Yogurt with frozen rhubarb and WF Strawberry Spread and some ice cubes for a nice 'milkshake' - I agree it is a perfect treat for this hot summer!
LizRR.....BEAUTIFUL picture...congrats on your success..and I LOVE to hear about your shopping adventures....you are an inspiration for me!!! Thanks a million...
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #72  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I am so glad yesterday is behind me. I was so grumpy that I went to bed almost an hour early. I guess, officially, it's my first day on alternatives. I still have a backstock of IP products, but I'm trying to integrate in my Nashua products.

Work is crazy, and I wish I could exercise more to get rid of some stress.

Still working through a plateau, too.

Okay, there has to be SOMETHING positive I can say today - Oh, right, I'm so happy you guys are here too!!!

~C
Old 07-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #73  

Default great job, shesaid

Wow, Shesaid, you are having tremendous success in such a short time . You must be feeling so proud of yourself. Yes, there are rough days, but all you have to do is take a look in the mirror, or at your new clothes, and see how worth it is to ride out those rough days.

May I ask why you are starting the alternative products? I will be starting IP tomorrow, and am wondering at what point, alternative products can be added .
Old 07-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #74  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiestone View Post
May I ask why you are starting the alternative products? I will be starting IP tomorrow, and am wondering at what point, alternative products can be added .
Thanks for your support. Yes, I really should be proud. Rough days are always followed by awesome days.

I'm starting alternatives for a few reasons: 1) cost of IP products, 2) I don't have a good partnership with my coach and 3) I think I'll be more honest, accountable and happy doing it on my own with the support of this forum and a friend who's chosen the same path on alternatives.

Really, it doesn't matter which you do, IP or alternatives, you follow Phase 1 and stay focused.

Great to see you here, and good luck!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #75  
04/23/12~Kara

Sorry for the size of this pic, I'm working on a tutorial for making avatar/sig/profile pics using photobucket, am demonstrating how size matters
Closed Thread