Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Happy Wednesday, All! I'm watching my 9 month old niece this morning...it's noon here and I just ate breakfast! My kids are 8 and 10 and it's funny how you "forget" how busy moms of young kids really are! Now that she's down for her nap I can finally start getting my water in....I'm chugging now as we speak. Kudos to the moms of young kids out there and doing IP! I'm a literacy coach so I'm off in the summer (July)...IP is my full time job right now. So, if you're a mom and/or have a full-time, year round job and do IP...I AM IMPRESSED!

I had my 4th WI in this morning...yes, niece came with me! That's another story! I lost 4 1/2 inches and 6 1/2 pounds! SOOOO Happy! I was singin' the blues last week, but now I'm just beaming. I am still holding my breath about this diet, but I have to say, so far I am amazed by the results. Never in my life have I lost this much weight...on any diet that I have ever been on....and now I've lost 16 pounds in a month?!?!? I feel like I need to pinch myself....am I dreaming????
Wow! Amazing WI! Great job and keep on going. You have my dream job by the way. I am going back to school now with the hopes of getting a job as a literacy coach or reading interventionist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Hey Holly! I saw the Celine Dion show last night here in Las Vegas where my youngest daughter lives. My SIL got us VIP tickets and REBA was sitting right behind us! She snuck in late and left early. Enjoy her show tonight, Celine was beyond incredible!!!
I saw Celine when I was in high school and she was the opening act for Michael Bolton! So funny.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #47  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

So I had my week 2 WI....down another 5.4lbs!!!! So that is a total of 10.8lbs for 2 weeks. I'm thrilled with those numbers.
My Fat Mass was down another 2.2lbs, which is very good. I lost a little water, but I'm concerned about the other 3 pounds that I lost. I'm hoping it wasn't muscle. My husband was the one who questioned it, then it got me wondering.

I don't know inches lost yet because they only do measurments every 3rd WI. But my 18Ws don't have to be unbuttoned to pull down!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160.2/138/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Hey all, I need some advice from those who may have been there already as I am becoming VERY frusterated and need some love!
I started back on IP 2 1/2 weeks ago and was disappointed with the 0.8 lb loss my first week (when I was on the program previously I had lost 5 lbs
my first week). I had a "whoosh" my 2nd week and went down 4 lbs for several days then the scale decided to stick its tongue out at me and increased 1.1 without doing anything different. I am really struggling with the "mental" sugar cravings this time but havent given in yet (although with only losing 3.7 lbs in almost 3 weeks I am becomming more and more tempted to throw in the towel and say forget it).
Last time I was on this diet I did not exercise at all, this time I have been working out every other day with moderate exercise. I have increased my protein to an extra shake to prevent becoming too week but still end up feeling like crap after working out (and during) and feel tired and drained afterwards.It is not my TOM and I cant figure out why I had the increase, why it wont budge back down, or if there is something Im missing...thoughts?

I'm no expert, but working out while doing IP was something that my coach and I talked about. He said that, in his opinion, I would be better off stopping my workouts until I hit phase 3. That way I would know for sure that what I was losing was fat and also that I wouldn't be discouraged if I were to have a low WIs due to working out/building muscle (there was some scientific mumbo jumbo that he mentioned, but it went over my head!).

Anyway, as long as you stick to the plan, the weight should come off no matter what.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #49  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
OOOH Forgot to tell you guys about my amazing dinner last night. I swear it felt like I was cheating (even though after eating it I realized I had 4 packets yesterday).

I made the potato puree mix into pancakes and used them as a bun for my hamburgers. I put mustard on each pancake with pickles and raw red onions and OMGoodness. It was so good. I am drooling right now thinking about it.

Just wanted to share! hehe
Sounds delish... Great idea, can't wait to try myself!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good morning all!!! I am off to se REBA tonight at Cheyenne Frontier Days! The best part about it is I can wear a cute outfit and have fun with my friends w/o feeling too fat to enjoy myself. I have my purse all packed with my restricted soy puffs and I am going to drink a RTD before I go in.

I have been feeling frustrated about something and wondering if anyone else experiences this. Whenever I am getting compliments on my weightless and people ask me about what I am doing, I get cut off when I mention low carbs. They respond with "oh I could never do that. I love my carbs." I don't even want to discuss it anymore. I feel like I should be promoting this fabulous IP program but now I don't want to talk about it because of the negative opinions of low carb. Oh well. Maybe I am just being silly.
I've had the same exact reaction. I just reply with something like - well, this protocol isn't forever. I will have them again - but for now the choice is stay at a weight where I'm uncomfortable, or forego carbs for awhile til I get where I want to be. Then I drop it. I get tired of hearing people complain of being fat or uncomfortable but then not being willing to do something about it!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
OOOH Forgot to tell you guys about my amazing dinner last night. I swear it felt like I was cheating (even though after eating it I realized I had 4 packets yesterday).

I made the potato puree mix into pancakes and used them as a bun for my hamburgers. I put mustard on each pancake with pickles and raw red onions and OMGoodness. It was so good. I am drooling right now thinking about it.

Just wanted to share! hehe
YUM! I just did one of those for lunch - i made it thin; put some WF may on wiht a piece of turkey breast and sauted zucchini! I split my protein today between lunch and dinner - it was really yummy! Had to slap my husbands hands away
Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Frozen Wildberry Yogurt Update:

It was perfect for this sunny 85+ degree weather (I sat outside on break). A little icy on top after settling...but otherwise, it gave me the frozen yogurt feeling I needed today.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #53  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good morning all!!! I am off to se REBA tonight at Cheyenne Frontier Days! The best part about it is I can wear a cute outfit and have fun with my friends w/o feeling too fat to enjoy myself. I have my purse all packed with my restricted soy puffs and I am going to drink a RTD before I go in.

I have been feeling frustrated about something and wondering if anyone else experiences this. Whenever I am getting compliments on my weightless and people ask me about what I am doing, I get cut off when I mention low carbs. They respond with "oh I could never do that. I love my carbs." I don't even want to discuss it anymore. I feel like I should be promoting this fabulous IP program but now I don't want to talk about it because of the negative opinions of low carb. Oh well. Maybe I am just being silly.
Woot, woot... Go Frontier Days! (My daughter lives in Cheyenne) 2nd, Great Job on your loss(es). We are similar in weights and goals, and your success is an inspiration to me! And, BTW you are not being silly and for the most part people those people are probably just jealous you have such terrific discipline to be the success you are!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Jen, Will that mean you've lost 100 pounds in rough1y 6 months? maybe 5.5 months? That is incredible!
Pretty much! If it happens at my August 7th weigh in, it will be 100lbs in five months and six days.

Last edited by IPdivajen; 07-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #55  

Default new to site and IP

Hi. I just joined this site yest. and tomorrow will begin IP. I tried it once before for one month. Lost some weight but really disliked the food. Now I am starting over bec it does give fast results. I like the choc shakes, pina colada drinks,the bars, and chili. Dont think I can have the chili on phase one and can only have one bar a week. Any suggestions on tricks to improve the taste of the foods so I can be successful this time? Or is there a website where you go to find recipes? Not even sure if this is the right place to post for this type of info since I am new here. Thank you and your experiences shared here are very motivating.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Oh my word!! I am SO very nervous, I have a job interview today and I dont know why they freak me out so much. I am having perma-flutters lol I have already been telling myself I should have worn the other outfit, or put up my hair, etc. I am trying to stay positive and encouraging to myself, but I guess I am my own worst enemy.

My question is would this constitute having an extra packet due to my stress levels? I am in Phase 2 so I am only getting 2 packets in normally. I have never really understood the concept of having an extra packet for stress. I understand for the physical exertion, that makes sense. Can anyone explain why we would need more for a high stress level?

Thank you in advance!!

Hope all are having a great OP day!! We have been having a lot of good losses, you are all SO awesome!!

Steph
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiestone View Post
Hi. I just joined this site yest. and tomorrow will begin IP. I tried it once before for one month. Lost some weight but really disliked the food. Now I am starting over bec it does give fast results. I like the choc shakes, pina colada drinks,the bars, and chili. Dont think I can have the chili on phase one and can only have one bar a week. Any suggestions on tricks to improve the taste of the foods so I can be successful this time? Or is there a website where you go to find recipes? Not even sure if this is the right place to post for this type of info since I am new here. Thank you and your experiences shared here are very motivating.

and yes, this is the right place to come for ANYTHING you need about the program.

Look at the top of the main page with all the threads, at the stickys. There is one with recipes. There is also a http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html thread that has ideas, too. Come her often and ask questions when you need to. There is always someone to help.

You're mind is in the right place, now go forward on your journey.

Molly

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 07-25-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
Good morning everyone!! Watching Deadliest Catch on TV and thinking it will be crab tonight. Yum! Have WI #4 this morning hoping for 2lbs so I can hit 20 in 4 weeks. Best diet ever!!! Hope you all have an amazing day!!!

Sassy
I was watching that last night too!! lol love that show, although the drama could go down a notch or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all! WI last night saw another 3.2 gone forever - only 6.8 until the 100 mark. Insanity! Hoping that will come in two weeks. Would be nice!

Hope everyone has a great day!
You are looking SO good! I cant wait to see your August photo and all of your progress!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Good morning all!! Day three of IP and I finally feel like a human again!! I felt so terrible last night (weak, cravings, hunger, HEADACHE) I just wanted it all to end. The temptation to cheat was SO strong, but I didn't and this morning I am rewarded by feeling SO much better, what a relief Have a great day everyone, good luck to everyone weighing in today
I am glad to hear you are feeling better, the first week is hard, but I know you can do it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
YAY....Good for you!!! I am on my 3rd week and once again I don't "feel" like I've lost any weight..(my DH took my home scale away so I don't REALLY know if I've lost anything...) Last week when I felt like this I had a 7lb WL...So fingers crossed for my WI on Friday....I've definitely noticed I have good days and bad days...but I haven't really FELT like I'm losing yet..I am on day 21 today and trying REALLY hard to be patient....
Here's to a GREAT IP day...good luck all....
Just remember that if you arent feeling so hot about yourself it is probably due to excess estrogen, which equates to weight loss!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Wow, and a good morning to all. Starting my day reading this forum is so inspiring. Thank you and keep it up. Since this is the beginning for me...I really need the positive commentary you all post.
Just keep coming here for your daily inspiration!! Welcome!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 275/245/175

Height: 5'5'

Default Hi

Hi, been on IP six weeks now and have not strayed once. Am just now finding my way through these forums and am grateful for all the recipes and tips. Thought I would say hi.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #60  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Default Hot Pink Skinny Jeans

Well, I had a meeting downtown and decided to do another pop into a different location of my favorite clearance rack clothing store (Old Navy), I had 3 items to downsize that I never got a chance to wear before I shrunk out of them (size 6 for a size 2). I'm serious when I say save your receipts! Because you will BLOW through the sizes at the end!.

I found my new size 2s and actually got a few new items - I give credit to Kaypix and her sexy new shoes as my inspiration - because why else would I have bought hot pink skinny jeans? Doesn't every girl need a pair? I got a little rock & roll top to match. I'll take pics when I get home, since I don't know where I'll ever wear this - but I had to have it! And what a steal! The jeans were $5 and the top was $2!!!

greeniris LOVE your new pic beautiful!!! And I have no doubts you will be busting through that next decade!!

dizzyjean You're another decade buster!

WingnutandMe So sorry you are still in such a pickle...just rest, heal, and we'll all be wishing a speedy recovery for you!

IPdivajen WHAT A LOSER! You've got the century club right in your sights girl!

Heitina I agree - This diet amazes me too!!!! Time has flown by and I am in a size freaking TWO? I was a super tight 16 when I started - I refused to upsize, when I busted the seam on my denim jeans I knew it was time to really do something. Keep it up!

kjwready Aren't you SOOOOOO GLAD you sucked it up through these 3 days! It's hard to hear when you are in the thick of it - but it really does get better - and remember NOT TO CHEAT unless you want to GO THROUGH THAT MISERY ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! You are now an official fat burning machine - welcome to ketosis!

mini anna Good luck on your WI#1!!! Please report your loss, and a HUGE CONGRATS on handling the emotional eating - I agree that this 'diet' has so many options that help us deal with the curveballs that our lives can throw us.

mommyof3girls You have been through so much! A huge congratulations on beating cancer, and a huge HUG and WELCOME BACK!

aimeed3 What a gorgeous pic! Congratulations on the great Loss - over 25lb in in 1 month!!! We are all such a big group of LOSERS!!!

bttrhalf yeah, it's hard to deal with those 'hungries' when they hit, but it really is so temporary. I will indulge in an extra dinner protein or extra egg whites though when they hit - but I am at the point now where I can recognize the 'true hunger' (there was a lot of mental hunger the first month for me - the recovering snacker). Have fun with your sister!

CarCamMom I'm only going to say this once - but WE TOLD YOU SO!!! Don't let those low weeks get you down - the scale ALWAYS goes down...ALWAYS. You really need to just have faith in the program - we have ALL had those weeks, we have ALL lost. It happens to EVERYONE - but we ALWAYS beat the scale!

clh99002 I sometimes blend up my WB Yogurt with frozen rhubarb and WF Strawberry Spread and some ice cubes for a nice 'milkshake' - I agree it is a perfect treat for this hot summer!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-25-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread