Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I know I'm way behind on these threads. It has got to be so hard commuting an hour each way plus having an inactive job. My hat is off to you for even thinking about stopping at a park on the ride home to get in some walking.

I was in a position a few years ago where I needed a fast work out that I could use consistently and for me, do at home to make the most efficient use of time. I bought 2 workout videos which were amazing: Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred which is based on a 20 minute workout and combines cardio and weights. Second was the Wedding Workout which takes around 40-45 minutes but you can customize it - again cardio and weights.
Thanks for that info. I had heard quite a few people mention the shred and from the name it sounded brutal. I am not a Jillian fan I thought she was a bully on BL. But hey, for 20 minutes I can put up with her and I have to admit she is an excellent trainer. I didn't realize that workout is so quick I will definately look into it. I need something for when school starts again in September, I will be walking a huge amount from the end of June when we get sprung loose.
Thanks for the tip.
Pat
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #317  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Oops...I missed a page. Edited post to make correction.

GoodEatsandWine. Thank you for originally posting that CSP Shake.

I wanted to share a version I like. It's very close to yours. I did not have the patience to wait for the chia seeds this last time so I used flax seeds per Patns suggestion. Gives it a little nuttiness. I also used 8 oz of almond milk and mixed it in a blender with ice. When I first saw this recipe I was hesitant to use all that almond butter but it needs it. So, I never skimp on that anymore. But, I found that the full glass of almond milk thickened it. And blending it with ice was even better. I usually just use a shaker though.

I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by purple sky; 06-17-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Determined- thank you for your understanding words... I figure, same as you, that it's better to indulge hunger with either a bit of extra protein or a packet... far better than most but still I should have planned and had some veggies with me... next time won't be caught so unawares

Ishbel- Help it I can't, Yoda just surfaces in me and needs to speak Love the Big Bang Theory... Your VIP sounds like quite the interesting guy...

Chloe- Good for you for enjoying your vacation and getting right back on track when you got home. That really is the most important part... not beating yourself up and getting right back on the horse. Kudos! You're doing awesome keep it up!

Sandy!!!!!- You're back!!! Was wondering about you... Happy to hear that you're recommitting yourself. Rock Phase 1 just like the first time... and then... Rock Phase 4 the same way and you'll be set!
Sorry to hear about your health issues...

Patns- I really liked Jillian's Shred when I first started maintenance. 20 minutes is a pretty easy commitment and she more than makes the most of those 20 minutes... you feel each of them...

PurpleSky- I really enjoyed learning so much about hormones through reading CSP. It really is amazing the inner goings on within us. And being a bit of an info junkie I loved learning about the effects of each of the hormones. And how we can increase those that help us and limit those that hinder. It really is an eye opening book...
And filled with so many tasty recipes...
I'm looking forward to Phase 3 so I can start incorporating some of them (as most have cooked onion or small amounts of fruit)...
I've decided that when I hit Phase 3 I will adjust the ingredients in the breakfast shakes in the book to accommodate the macro nutrient ratio I need rather than eating that huge breakfast and starving for the rest of the day. That was the worst part of phase 3 for me... is that breakfast would expand the size of my stomach and I'd be fighting with hunger the rest of the day because I wouldn't be able to fill it again... I need more balanced meal sizes...
So... Today was a very happy day for me! I am wearing my slimmest fitting pair of jeans!!! Very, very glad that it only took a couple weeks and I didn't let things escalate to the point it would take a couple months. While I have settled into the routine of Phase 1 it will be great to get back into the routine (and less fuzzy mindedness) of Phase 4.
Tomorrow is my WI at the clinic. I am debating whether to skip Phase 2 and do 2 weeks of Phase 3 or do one week of Phase 2 and one week of Phase 3. First time around I stalled the first week of Phase 2 and lost for the second week as well as both Phase 3 weeks. My experience has led me to believe it's possible I can lose a bit more in these phases. Very undecided at this point...
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #319  
Started IP 12/30/11

Hang in there Cap. I never ate the full breakfast for P3. I did once or twice and just ate what I wanted to. Still do. The only difference is that I don't have to eat it all in one sitting. Congrats on the little jeans. Very much looking forward to when The CSP hits the shelves here.

Tried a pancake recipe that I enjoyed today. I need try is a few more times but nice stuff as I messed it up but still enjoyed it. Very nice stuff. No cravings or weirdness after eating it. Strangely stayed full for a while. I can't figure out how to attach it but I did find her brownie recipe that I might try one day.

http://leansecrets.com/blog/slow-carb-lean-brownies/
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Determined- thank you for your understanding words... I figure, same as you, that it's better to indulge hunger with either a bit of extra protein or a packet... far better than most but still I should have planned and had some veggies with me... next time won't be caught so unawares

Ishbel- Help it I can't, Yoda just surfaces in me and needs to speak Love the Big Bang Theory... Your VIP sounds like quite the interesting guy...

Chloe- Good for you for enjoying your vacation and getting right back on track when you got home. That really is the most important part... not beating yourself up and getting right back on the horse. Kudos! You're doing awesome keep it up!

Sandy!!!!!- You're back!!! Was wondering about you... Happy to hear that you're recommitting yourself. Rock Phase 1 just like the first time... and then... Rock Phase 4 the same way and you'll be set!
Sorry to hear about your health issues...

Patns- I really liked Jillian's Shred when I first started maintenance. 20 minutes is a pretty easy commitment and she more than makes the most of those 20 minutes... you feel each of them...

PurpleSky- I really enjoyed learning so much about hormones through reading CSP. It really is amazing the inner goings on within us. And being a bit of an info junkie I loved learning about the effects of each of the hormones. And how we can increase those that help us and limit those that hinder. It really is an eye opening book...
And filled with so many tasty recipes...
I'm looking forward to Phase 3 so I can start incorporating some of them (as most have cooked onion or small amounts of fruit)...
I've decided that when I hit Phase 3 I will adjust the ingredients in the breakfast shakes in the book to accommodate the macro nutrient ratio I need rather than eating that huge breakfast and starving for the rest of the day. That was the worst part of phase 3 for me... is that breakfast would expand the size of my stomach and I'd be fighting with hunger the rest of the day because I wouldn't be able to fill it again... I need more balanced meal sizes...
So... Today was a very happy day for me! I am wearing my slimmest fitting pair of jeans!!! Very, very glad that it only took a couple weeks and I didn't let things escalate to the point it would take a couple months. While I have settled into the routine of Phase 1 it will be great to get back into the routine (and less fuzzy mindedness) of Phase 4.
Tomorrow is my WI at the clinic. I am debating whether to skip Phase 2 and do 2 weeks of Phase 3 or do one week of Phase 2 and one week of Phase 3. First time around I stalled the first week of Phase 2 and lost for the second week as well as both Phase 3 weeks. My experience has led me to believe it's possible I can lose a bit more in these phases. Very undecided at this point...

That is exactly the problem I had with phase 3, the huge breakfast then really hungry all day. I really do not need a lot of carbs first thing or hunger kicks in. So I went back to my protein shake type breakfasts and thought maybe my pancreas will just have to stay asleep,I couldn't stand feeling so sluggish from the big breakfast. But most people just love that phase so I guess it all depends on your personal makeup.
Pat
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Oooooh, that kind of uproar! LOL, Ok, I will mention that I want a non sugar saline solution.
Good luck with your surgery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Thanks for that info. I had heard quite a few people mention the shred and from the name it sounded brutal. I am not a Jillian fan I thought she was a bully on BL. But hey, for 20 minutes I can put up with her and I have to admit she is an excellent trainer.
She has 3 levels on the DVD so you can comfortably work up to the top level. I think I spent almost 3 weeks on level 1 when I first started it. Didn't do the entire thing at first. Visible results plus you know its working even before you see it as you find it easier and easier - that's motivational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Nice recipe! Copied it into my "phase 4 desserts recipe file". Thanks!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Chloe thanks for the response. I'm off to Scotland in August and although I'll probably release a little bit you gaining only 3 sounds a heck of a lot better then my 7 to Mexico (course I indulged in the sugar drinks then and don't expect to do the same in Scotland - tad different type of trip).

Cap - yeah the VIP is interesting but he has many redeming qualities including massive support for IP and how I've changed my way of life. He's himing and hawing over doing IP after Scotland, has a hard time thinking about 4 cups of veggies and has actually admitted that he's hoping the way I cook will just help him. He'll get it eventually...he supported me so I guess I need to do the same for him.

I found yesterday (Phase 1 after fun day) hard due to hunger...do you think that was from the run the day before? I might not run this Saturday just to test the theory...just don't remember me being that UBER hungry on a Sunday before. I could have chomped on anything and everything. Needless to say I got well above my quota for water.

Did anyone find the CSP's shake nutritional values (did I miss it?)? Just interested as the VIP would do a shake (I currently don't like shakes, never really have).

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #323  

Ishbel- I would exercise on my free day because it helped burn some of the calories I was inhaling and kept me in the right mindset. Would also wear the tightest pair of pants I own also to help out as a mental reminder. Still would usually go overboard and the next day I didn't even want to look at food...
You're obviously keeping it reasonable which is maybe why you're so hungry on the Phase 1 day. If you're still under your 'ceiling' number following the free day you may want to consider just doing a strict Phase 3 day. A lot of the time a small (1-3 pound) increase is only sodium and it will go back down after two days. Many of the maintainers here have followed that model... I tended towards the more extremist hog wild free day followed by 1-3 days of Phase 1 (or until my weight was back in the 'zone'). As time went on it took less and less time on Phase 1 for me to rebound back to my normal weight. After about 4 months it would only take the one Phase 1 day and I'd be right back.
There's pros and cons to both... but having a reasonable free meal is a much more balanced mentality and leads to a calmer maintenance...
Having a phase 1 day once a week though is also good for the mind... the reset of being so strict again makes one appreciate Phase 4.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Exercise definitely does make you hungrier. An extra packet would not be a bad thing if you are starving.
I find the day after free eating I am always hungry. I think my body gets a taste of carbs and cravings return. I usually have free er weekends instead of a cheat meal. I do try to stick pretty low carb, but Monday is always a long phase 1 day! I get back to my normal weight by Wednesday, and always feel great by then!
Of course, I forget that part when Friday night rolls around and wine is offered!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Wow. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted. That was a few pounds ago I'm struggling with late night snacking. I logged in my food today for the first time in weeks. Hopefully I can turn this around. I'm going to catch up on all your posts...
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #326  

Yay Lee!! You're back!! Was wondering when you were going to post again... I know life gets busy but I somehow feel like you and me & disgal are part of the same graduating class :P
Late night snacking is a hard habit to break. A couple months ago the siren song of the fruit & nut bags would lure me in and when they had hold... Oooo... They're tough to walk away from
Make a deal with yourself not to eat after supper. Phase 3 or Phase 1 if you're looking to drop both work well for resetting an eating schedule. A few days of it and you'll be on the path... Hot tea works well in the evening...

Mom2cs- you perfectly summed up maintenance.

I'm supposed to be hosting a dinner party this weekend with a couple that I
love sharing a glass of wine with. Last time they had us over I refused the wine b/c I was just starting my reboot but swore upside and down I'd have a glass next time I saw them. Wondering if I can do an abbreviated phase out (4 days Phase 2/ 4 days Phase 3) and have that glass of wine?
Or refuse the wine again and go with a longer phase out?? Coach says absolutely no shorter than the 4/4 but preferably at least a week of each... Any thoughts?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #327  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Cap. I rarely go up from a glass of wine..no matter what phase. It is great that you are at goal weight.
Thanks for the coconut rice recipe. My son makes a low carb desert. He puts one can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Then whips one quarter cup cocoa, 2 spoonfuls of splenda, and vanilla.. Then freezes it for 20 mins. It is low carb, but could be high calorie..
I am happy to report that I am finding excellent food choices in South Carolina...except I seem to be getting addicted to crab cakes!
I know I am not getting enough vegetables as some places simply don,t offer them..but I am making the best choices given where I am.
The scale is staying the same..good. I am taking daily walks.

I will catch up on everyone when I get back.

Purple sky..that brownie recipe looks great. I am missing my low carb pancakes and berries that I make.

Last edited by Maile; 06-19-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #328  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone! I still need to catch up on the last few weeks of posts! Looks like a lot has been going on

My husband and I moved into our first house last Monday! It has been very exciting and VERY difficult to stick to healthy eating.... The last few weeks we have done our best, but definitely had a few slip ups. Not having any groceries or any cooking stuff unpacked made for poor dinner choices... pizza, hamburgers and french fries, lots and lots of carbs YUCK!

BUT finally we are getting squared away and I am getting back on track. I was eating mostly phase1 before the move and started back on it today. I am scared to get on the scale... I am sure I gained at least 4-6 lbs. Ugh! I know I should get on it, but I just can't yet. I don't want to get discouraged and give up.... so the plan is to eat great for a few days and then see whats what.

Time to catch up on this thread what has been going on in all of your worlds!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Sarabean-I think that is an excellent plan. Even 2 or 3 days of phase 1 should help get rid of the bloating and water retention. Congrats on the new house! Now that you are settled in it should be easier to stay on track!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #330  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
My son makes a low carb desert. He puts one can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Then whips one quarter cup cocoa, 2 spoonfuls of splenda, and vanilla.. Then freezes it for 20 mins. It is low carb, but could be high calorie..
Yum. I will try. I think I have a can of light coconut milk around. I still owe you guys that pancake recipe and when my friend sends it to me I will post a mousse type dessert maybe from coconut milk??? Yum.
Closed Thread