Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Welcome aboard to all the new and soon-to-be maintainers! Hope we can help you through the adjustment. But honestly, I'm almost a year into maintenance and I'm still adjusting!

Stacey--Your meal plan sounds like a perfect P4 meal plan. You will find out soon enough if its perfect for you.

2 Ride--Great to see you popping in. Glad you're enjoying the summer. Where I live, the summer is like your winter. It's too hot to go out, so I feel cooped up and cranky all summer.

Ishbel--Part of me wants to tell you the guy is a jerk. Part of me is fascinated the he is so involved in your weight loss. What's it to him? If you have the presence of mind next time he says something, it would be interesting to ask him why he is so concerned.

Cap--Yeah, where are you?

Everyone else--Thanks for the warm welcome back I'm on Day 4 of P1 and feeling strong!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #422  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Gifts in disguise. How would old you have reacted to the same situation? Basically, someone overstepping a boundary and disrespecting you or budding into something that is none of their business.

Yayyy, you. You took it out on the treadmill. This was a wonderful test. Well, not too wonderful but they don't always come easy. Pfft to Mr. Meh.

But, kudos to you for handling and overcoming a challenge.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I use Liberte greek yogurt. I get it at Costco.
Thanks, i'm going to go check it out tonight. We're not members but will be if i can easily find it there, lol.

[QUOTE=Ishbel;4387649]Ok, so there is a gent that I work with that has told me a few times to stop losing weight...which gggrrr (you ALL know what I mean).

So three weeks ago he said something more 'stern' and I keep trying to remember that he's coming from a place of kindess, his daughter is my age. ANYWAY, he said "you need to stop losing weight" to which I replied "I've been done for two months and my doctor is in love with me and all is good, it's ok" - not that I needed to even say THAT but I try to keep where it's coming from in my head.

WELL! Today he said something AHGAIN! So I said "INSERT NAME, if you look at my BMI I'm still over weight! Stop telling me I need to stop losing weight, we've talked about this three weeks ago, my doctor is happy with me" and he said "pfffft, BMI" and rolled his eyes at my friend (he was standing in her office door so he is between us) and then I said "your not understanding, I'm giving you a hint at my weight, I'm considered OVER WEIGHT, therefore I'm NOT TOO SMALL" and he said "I don't like when..." and he ran his fingers over his neck. My girlfriend said "INSERT NAME, she looks fantastic, leave her alone"...the jerk actually looked at my friend (btw he's her boss) and said "Meh" and walked away. So I stepped into my friends office and closed the door and just sat down in shock....I actually had a lump in my throat.

LASKJEFL:KSDJF I'm so very agravated!! He totally TOTALLY stepped over the line...QUOTE]

Ishbel - You should tell him that this is as offensive as him telling you a year ago that he thinks you're too fat and need to lose weight.

This reminds me of a friend telling me that the reason i skip tom this month (never happened in my life and no, not pg) is cause i'm getting too skinny...now come on people, how far fetched is that!

But I'm glad that people at work are very profesionnal about any comments made, which is rarely.

I got some mayo yesterday to have on maintenance at lunch and i know the recommended one is the one made with olive oil but omg, 11g of fat for 1tbsp, i couldn't believe it. It was so hard to make the choice to buy that one vs the fat free one which is 0 fat but 2g carbs (2g sugar)...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Fat is good. Eat all the fat you can. Seriously! Never buy fat free again. Just carb free!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #425  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Fat is good. Eat all the fat you can. Seriously! Never buy fat free again. Just carb free!
Yes, i remembered you said that and i know that but we're so conditionned to get fat free stuff that its a whole new way of thinking. Cause anything that is fat free, will be higher in carbs and sugar.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Yes! And the start of fat free apparently coincides with the recent increase in obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease.

Everything I read points at sugar.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

newpath welcome!

audgirl78 WOOHOO for starting maintenance!

stacey sounds like a typical day, my snack is at night vice in the afternoon...same sort of thing though

lee you're right - I need to ask him, but I might not have the mental fortitude to say anything but shut up next time lol he's pushing harassment and the friend that was in her office is the harassment advisor...(rolling my eyes right now) I'd never put in a harassment complaint for that as I can handle it myself...but that's the closest I've been to it since my teenage years when I didn't know how to stop it myself. She's actually going to talk to him and then if and when he approaches me I'll try to ask.

purple - wow, way to reframe it I totally never thought of what I would have done 18 months ago with that type of conversation...thanks for that!

So I posted on here before I told the VIP what happened...he was kinda shocked as his office is more professional then that. But he rubbed my back and said "awe hun...he's a jerk...but he just missed the old you" with a puppy dog look...which then made me laugh.

Thanks for the support ladies!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #428  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ishbel: I had my boss also tell me to stop losing weight, I had a private conversation and told him the same thing you did..that my dr was happy with my weight and BMI. I told him I needed his support..(implied..not his criticism)
This guy sounds worse as he would not back off. He is almost harassing you and could be reported.

Good for you jumping on the treadmill and working off the stress.
By the way..the old me would never have approached my boss to discuss this. Now I do have talks with people that I am tired of them talking to me about my weight.

One of my friends keeps running into me at the gym and always says..are you still losing? You look thinner. I have told her many times that I am maintaining. I am working my way up to telling her that I am tired of her comments.

Welcome to all of the new maintainers. That is exciting.

I also spend a fortune on yogurt. I get the Costco Kirkland Greek Yogurt brand as it is the cheapest..although not as good as Chobanni..it is half the price.

Here is a low carb recipe site.
Here's a great Low-carb link to recipes
www.elise.com/recipes/archives/low_carb/
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #429  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Whoa what a day everyone is having...

Ishbl- this sounds like it could be sexual harassment. Have you noted anything to HR?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #430  

My 2nd week of phase 3 resulted in a -1.4 loss which i'm quite happy with. So i'm officially a maintainer now. Had some cheese with lunch (still had my regular chicken salad for lunch) and made homemade chili for dinner, yummy.

Its canada day here tomorrow, not sure yet what we're doing and i'm off on monday and friday we have our work "field day" and going on a nice 3 hour cruise

Maile - thanks for the costco tip! Went there today and became member Got the kirkland brand greek yogourt which have the same stats as the libere one and it was 8.79 for 3 x 500g container, much better than 5.00 for one! Hope it tastes good.

I also found some protein BBQ chips which are quite similar to the IP chips, maybe a little lower in carbs and protein but its good for an afternoon snack.

As easy as its been telling dh what he can and cannot eat, i find that when it comes to myself, i have a hard time knowing what to do. Also, i don't think i could get away with having as much carbs as he does so i have to see what works for me.

Have a great week-end
Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #431  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Ugh- Had my free day yesterday and am phase one today- I have SUCH a headache!

I feel like i have a hangover and I want to throw up...

Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post

Maybe that's a good thing! It might give you more incentive to rein things in on a free day
Old 07-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #433  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I had some bread today. Pita. And couscous. I really liked the bread. I still don't know for sure if i am sensitive to it but it does fill you up quickly. Will see what the scale does tomorrow. I wanted to eat more. Maybe I can get to a point where I just eat a small amt. I ate a large amt but maybe a small amt. here and there. There really are no replacements for things like breads, cakes and real sugar. Also helped a bit with the PMS. It kinda calmed me or something.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #434  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

As easy as its been telling dh what he can and cannot eat, i find that when it comes to myself, i have a hard time knowing what to do. Also, i don't think i could get away with having as much carbs as he does so i have to see what works for me.

Have a great week-end
So I am wih you on this. So hard to figure out what we need. My dh can totally handle carbs and I just don't have it in my. Only 4 days in maintenance and I feel as though the weight is just packing right back on...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #435  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post

I felt the same way after my free day... Don't know what to do since I would like to go back to eating some 'regular' foods each day. But I feel as though my body is just not going to handle that. I just don't want to be bouncing all the time from P1 - P4. Where's the happy medium?
Closed Thread