Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Well...We'll be coming back from france tomorrow and i'll need to see what the damage is on my WI. We had to leave in such a hurry (my father in law was dying) so besides the obvious stress for the family and many many meals wine cheeses pastries and so ...at a certain point I had to let go and comfort others while trying to be conscious.about food.
Anyway .. I'm glad we could all be together and i'll also be glad to get home.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Well...We'll be coming back from france tomorrow and i'll need to see what the damage is on my WI. We had to leave in such a hurry (my father in law was dying) so besides the obvious stress for the family and many many meals wine cheeses pastries and so ...at a certain point I had to let go and comfort others while trying to be conscious.about food.

Welcome back, sunny. My condolences on your loss to you and your family. In these times , as you have done, it is just a matter of getting through. You will be back on your game in no time. Please though, continue to take good care of yourself. Prayers are with you.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #438  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
I felt the same way after my free day... Don't know what to do since I would like to go back to eating some 'regular' foods each day. But I feel as though my body is just not going to handle that. I just don't want to be bouncing all the time from P1 - P4. Where's the happy medium?
Agreed!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Stacey and audgirl not that I have any real experience but I think you'll find your groove. So you might bounce around for the first couple of weeks but that's when you find your own maintenance rules...I've had a few good fun days now and a few over the top fun days...also felt like puking too, especially when I over ate. WHICH sounds bad but when you compare what I used to eat to what I eat now there's a big difference and I had to learn that. It doesn't help that your tummy doesn't catch up to your to tongue till its too late. I'm better now, I think that's why i graze on fun day with no structure....cause then I can have a little of a few foods and have a taste of the goodness without feeling over full.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

Off to the park to enjoy the festivities, going to take my little container of veggies and enjoy the heat today!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

Off to the park to enjoy the festivities, going to take my little container of veggies and enjoy the heat today!

Happy Canada Day to You too!!! Hope there are not too many skeeters at the park.

I read your post first as "my little container of vodka!"

Pat
Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Canada day

Well i'm learning that i really have to listen to my body, had 1 1/2c of chili for dinner last night and it was too much and ended up puking. I need to learn that i don't need to finish my plate and stop before i'm too full.

Going to only have 1/2cup tonight and have it over rice, might go down better.

I need to start taking probiotics again regularly cause i have lots of gas bubbles in my stomach which make me feel overly full all the time. I've been feeling that way since starting phase 3 but i've had TONS of C issues during the whole time i've been on IP (had IBS issues before IP).

On a good note, scale was down 0.6 this morning
Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Sorry to butt in, but has anyone tried the ChocoRite protein powders? I'm looking at buying the chocolate fudge brownie and peanut butter flavors for when I'm working in maintenance. Not sure how they taste though and didn't find much in the alternative discussions/reviews threads....
Old 07-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #443  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I have not tried those powders. Maybe someone here has.

Happy Canada Day, Canadians..We are heading for the 4th of July.

Busymomx4: I have gas bubbles also at times. I am using Hylands herbal pills for gas. They seem to help. There is a lot of experimenting in maintenance. It is hard sometimes to figure out when you are full or what works the best for your body. Hope you liked the yogurt..not quite as good but so much cheaper.

Stacy: Hope you are feeling better. Just tell yourself you are learning what works the best for you.

Audgirl: It does take some experimenting. Everyone seems to find their own rythem for the Phases. Some people love to have the free day and then spend a few days on Phase 1 getting it back down. Others indulge in free meals and spend less time working it off.

Sunnymae: I am gald you are back. You must be exhausted.

Purplesky: I like pita bread also..and find it satisfying. I use it to make a pizza.

Off to eat Thai food tonight. I can't believe July is already here. Now I can change my ticker to 9 months..

Last edited by Maile; 07-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #444  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

After gaining extra weight I was feeling pretty bad about myself and how I had just let maintenance go -- and also was amazed as to how quickly the weight came back on. I'm encouraged that I was able to get rid of the 11 pounds of the 13 pounds that I wanted to lose -- in one month during reset/reboot! There is so much information in this thread and I'm greatful to to all of you for your input!!! I stayed in P1 for three weeks b/c I wasn't where I thought I should be after two weeks -- and am currently in P2. I'm looking forward to P3 and then back to maintenance on July 20.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #445  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Has anyone started any exercise since they've been in maintenance? When I started IP I was working out on my lunch (just fast walking on the treadmill) then had to stop due to the drop in calories, but I don't mind it and it may help with some of my loose skin.

Just wondering what others have experienced with this. Let me know.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #446  
Maile

Lone Loser: Losing 11 pounds in one month is a great accomplishment! You are very close to reaching your goal. You should be proud of yourself for jumping back onto Phase 1 and getting back on track. Before IP, we had no P1 to go to. Hope you are enjoying Phase 2.

Audgirl: I do the tread mill, elliptical or walk almost daily. Plus lift weights. I think it keeps me lower stressed and keeps my metabolism up so I don't gain.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #447  
Maile

I just discovered this recipe from a Hawaiian cookbook. The mushrooms taste sweet but there is no sugar. Best of all it is fast and easy.

Mushroom Saute:
4 to 5 cups sliced mushrooms
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons sake (rice wine)
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/4 c minced green onion

Heat oil. Saute mushrooms briefly. Add sake and saute until slightly soft.
Push mushrooms to the edge of the pan.
Put vinegar and soy sauce in center and allow to cook briefly.
Then saute mushrooms in sauce until desired texture.
Sprinkle in green onions and sesame seeds.

Last edited by Maile; 07-02-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #448  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Hmm, Maile.

That sauce looks like a great go to for anything. Probably even a salad dressing depending on taste.

Interesting that they use Sake instead of Mirin or Rice Vinegar.

Thanx for sharing.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #449  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
My 2nd week of phase 3 resulted in a -1.4 loss which i'm quite happy with. So i'm officially a maintainer now. Had some cheese with lunch (still had my regular chicken salad for lunch) and made homemade chili for dinner, yummy.

Its canada day here tomorrow, not sure yet what we're doing and i'm off on monday and friday we have our work "field day" and going on a nice 3 hour cruise

Maile - thanks for the costco tip! Went there today and became member Got the kirkland brand greek yogourt which have the same stats as the libere one and it was 8.79 for 3 x 500g container, much better than 5.00 for one! Hope it tastes good.

I also found some protein BBQ chips which are quite similar to the IP chips, maybe a little lower in carbs and protein but its good for an afternoon snack.

As easy as its been telling dh what he can and cannot eat, i find that when it comes to myself, i have a hard time knowing what to do. Also, i don't think i could get away with having as much carbs as he does so i have to see what works for me.

Have a great week-end
Hi Can you tell me what the protein bbq chips are called? and did you buy them at costco too? Canada day was a good day wasn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hope you have a great flight home, my thoughts are with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Stacey and audgirl not that I have any real experience but I think you'll find your groove. So you might bounce around for the first couple of weeks but that's when you find your own maintenance rules...I've had a few good fun days now and a few over the top fun days...also felt like puking too, especially when I over ate. WHICH sounds bad but when you compare what I used to eat to what I eat now there's a big difference and I had to learn that. It doesn't help that your tummy doesn't catch up to your to tongue till its too late. I'm better now, I think that's why i graze on fun day with no structure....cause then I can have a little of a few foods and have a taste of the goodness without feeling over full.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

Some people just don't get it, I try to find a way to understand where they are coming from. You inspired me, yesterday I went to the off leash and ran around about half the park with the dogs, Today I did the same and then saw friends across the field and ran to them as well, and chased the dogs around as they were all after my red dog's ball. It was a great Canada day just how I like them 2 nice long walks at the offleash. Watching one of my favorite movies... Signs, I know... but it makes me laugh... then the bad part a bad neighbor setting off fireworks right towards my backyard (and my bedroom) had my girls all upset for about 2 hours... Red dog slept in her kennel she was so upset.

Yesterday one of the ladies I walk with found an abandoned/lost dog at the park, it was in the bushes and wouldn't come out. He still had a leash on, he looked like he was in a fight, his poor little face had been bite you could tell, (we have 3 packs of coyotes at the park) he looked like he had been in quite a few fights before has he had scars... and of course he looked like he was a staffordshire terrier cross, the way he bayed seemed like he was crossed with a bassett hound. The poor little guy was hungry and thirsty. we all gathered around him with all our dogs, and he just let all the dogs sniff him and one tried to mount him and he did nothing. It was a sad sight, the Animal shelter was notified and they came and got him. Just reminds me how some people are not kind to their pets and I thank all the shelters and the rescue orgs should be thanked for all they do. Otherwise I wouldn't have my 2 Red dogs and they bring me joy everyday.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

UGH! Just got back from 4 days in Boston... feel bloated and completely icky! Scale is up 2.5 - which I was expecting, but still not happy about it. Doing P1 today gladly - I don't enjoy feeling this way. This was my first really relaxed stretch - "free day" with some free meals scattered throughout the weekend I've had since entering maintenance. The tall ships were amazing, we got to board a Naval amphibious assault ship, like a small air craft carrier (if you call call 850 feet small! lol), and saw Roger Waters perform The Wall at Fenway Park. It was an awesome weekend... not to get my tummy back into shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
So far so good- I am still trying to settle on a weight. I am using myfitnesspal to help track my fat/cal/carb intake so i can have a better idea of what works for me. I dont go by their guidelines bc I wouldnt be getting the 80gm of protein I really need, but its helping me see how many carbs and cals i am really eating.
Stacey, I've started using it too, but I have a hard time remembering to stop what I'm doing to enter everything.... life is so busy! lol I had the same reaction to my first free day as you did, so I guess we're in this together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
So yesterday I was moved to Phase 4! Yeah I am so excited. I had 5 months of IP and missed so much "regular" food. But when I was shopping yesterday, I didn't really want and of that. I guess that's real good; however, I then spoiled my family with chinese take-out that we haven't had in 5 1/2 months since it would have been too tempting for me. I enjoyed it, but here is morning working on getting all the bloating and side effects away!

I love this site and I am very excited to finally be on the maintenance threads!
It does seem so tricky to navigate... and for all the spot on instructions I received during P1 - P3, I'm finding my coach / clinic are useless during maintenance. Guess we'll have to rely on this thread and learn from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I'm getting so close to officially be a maintainer Never thought in a milion year that i would actually get there!
Me too! I just have to remain here.... which may be the biggest challenge and honor of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Just thought I would pop in and say hi.
Hi! I've spent hours and hours reading old threads and posts, and just wanted to say thank you to you. You've provided me with more info and help than you could know. I'm so glad to be a part of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I just discovered this recipe from a Hawaiian cookbook. The mushrooms taste sweet but there is no sugar. Best of all it is fast and easy.
This looks yummy! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hi Can you tell me what the protein bbq chips are called? and did you buy them at costco too? Canada day was a good day wasn't it.
I've been buying Health Smart protein chips from Nashua Nutrition. I've tried BBQ and Salt & Vinegar and I love them! Cost is $1.65 per bag, which is much more affordable than soy puffs from IP, and I find them more satisfying.
Closed Thread