Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I started IP last Thursday - last night and tonight I feel sad, no energy, overwhelmed and could cry easily. Could it be the diet or is it just me??
This is a good sign!!
When our bodies burn fat, it releases estrogen into our blood stream that was trapped in our fat stores. This means you will feel irritable and may even have some TOM symptoms. Thats a great sign because you know you're body is burning fat! Good for you! It's totally normal. This is a hard journey and once you get past the first week things will get easier. Stay on this board often for encouragement. Congrats on starting your journey! You'll do great!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #122  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I started IP last Thursday - last night and tonight I feel sad, no energy, overwhelmed and could cry easily. Could it be the diet or is it just me??
Aurora~ Someone mentioned to me, or maybe its was in some literature, that while you are going off of carbs you can have "withdrawal" like symptoms. I believe you could be suffering from that. Also you can become more emotional as hormones and chemicals are released from the fat stored in your body.
It'll be OK, and the sun will come up tomorrow, i promise Maybe ask your coach if you can have an extra protein pack a day or something else to help with the blues. The pudding/shake mix really does make great pudding, which feels rather treat-like.
I'll keep thinking of you and hoping you make it to this Thursday. The first week is the hardest, you'll make it through.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.
Welcome to the post, this is a must doing this program!!! SO much support!

Crispy cereal I only eat as a pancake. Haven't tried it as cereal but it didn't seem appealing to me. I actually haven't tried it by itself as a pancake either, I love it mixed with the wild berry shake mix and just tried it tonight with the chocolate shake mix. Pretty good but still like the wild berry better. I usually use 1 packet of cereal (crushed with a rolling pin) and 1 of a drink mix, add 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1-2 tsp of vanilla. Mix and add water to make a thinner batter, then I make two huge pancakes.....one for that day and one for the next.

I usually always have like a cup of spinach in my chocolate shake every morning .... No taste of spinach at all and super easy way to get veggies in!

Roasted broccolli and cauliflower is amazing.....I roast all my veggies now, zucchini, turnip, kale, peppers....everything! Add sea salt, onion powder garlic powder....whatever, experiment.

Mio is really great but you said you can't get it there. If you have no other option, I wonder what shipping would cost, is that an option?

Good luck and remember veggies should be measure as raw, once cooked they shrink
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Guess who's back? Yes, I've been gone a month. A LOT has changed in a month, but for the better right now lol. Finally got a different car & our house *should* be finished within the month, but maybe a little after. *fingers crossed*

Matt is doing a little better, he has his good moments & his bad moments. But I think we have a better handle on it right this second and we're figuring out some of his seizure triggers, so hopefully we're on the UPHILL side of that!

I'm starting back on IP first thing in the morning. I'm so ready! I think I have my head on straight again & my eye on the prize, so here's hoping! I'm ready not to feel like crap anymore, I'm just drained. Now if I can get through the first week, I've done it before and I WILL do it again!

Here's to an awesome week I've missed you guys!
Welcome back, sooo glad your husband is doing better, sounds like your stress level has come down a lot. You WILL do great! Good luck in your first couple of days. Stay strong!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #125  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
yes we can have pwerade zero and .. IT COUNTS AS WATER!
Thank you! It was pretty sweet. I will save it for a treat. It was not an ice cream but still nice. I might make some ice lips out of it if I can find the old Tupperware pop things or buy a replacement. I have sugar free Popsicles in the freezer but haven't gone there since week one or two when my coach said better not to. I keep this king its the same as sugar free gum which I have a few times a day Max for less than a card a piece.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #126  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
yes we can have pwerade zero and .. IT COUNTS AS WATER!
Really? HOORAY!!! Special treat for me!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #127  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Welcome to the post, this is a must doing this program!!! SO much support!

Crispy cereal I only eat as a pancake. Haven't tried it as cereal but it didn't seem appealing to me. I actually haven't tried it by itself as a pancake either, I love it mixed with the wild berry shake mix and just tried it tonight with the chocolate shake mix. Pretty good but still like the wild berry better. I usually use 1 packet of cereal (crushed with a rolling pin) and 1 of a drink mix, add 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1-2 tsp of vanilla. Mix and add water to make a thinner batter, then I make two huge pancakes.....one for that day and one for the next.

I usually always have like a cup of spinach in my chocolate shake every morning .... No taste of spinach at all and super easy way to get veggies in!

Roasted broccolli and cauliflower is amazing.....I roast all my veggies now, zucchini, turnip, kale, peppers....everything! Add sea salt, onion powder garlic powder....whatever, experiment.

Mio is really great but you said you can't get it there. If you have no other option, I wonder what shipping would cost, is that an option?

Good luck and remember veggies should be measure as raw, once cooked they shrink
Hi! Thanks for the ideas, I'll def be trying those.
I don't think shipping is an option, it's far too complicated and it takes like 3 weeks to get here :/, but i just read that it's fine to add some lemon to it, so I'll be doing that now
Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM Ipeeps:
Keep it OP !!!

so my weekend was extra interesting....

Went to a fight party Sat nite.... someone I know who is also doing IP was there. pizza, subs and fried foods were the menu... I had my IP snack pack with me.... she begins eating the food that was there.... I did not. She looks at me and sez... I have my snack pack with me too ... a lil cheat wont hurt.... I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar.

On Sun I saw my sweetie who I haven't seen in a month ... he remarked about my weight loss and my hair (got it colored and lightened ) and couldnt keep his hand to himself !! yay!

We grilled last nite and he decided to cook an IP meal - Steak, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Grilled Asparaus and Mushrooms. Plenty of Water.
he loved eating and cooking that meal...

not cheating has multiple rewards.

twas a great weekend.
LOL KBig! The 'I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar' made me laugh, total mental picture of it! My son looked at me funny.

Really good job on staying OP! I would have been really tempted.

Last edited by Stefany1769; 05-08-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #129  
IP Rookie

S/C/G: 229/229/190

Height: 5'10"

Started IP on Saturday and am down 9 pounds so far... This is awesome and the foods are good too...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 142/128/112

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

My coach says I can have a crystal light packet once a day. Also, decaf iced tea without any artificial flavorings is good when water is boring. You are going to do great!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #131  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Wow Tripmama! Love your new picture, you look fantastic!!!
Best thing is.... I feel great too!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Thanks I don't live in the US or Canada though I wish I could add some lime to it..
You could try adding a slice of cucumber to it. Do you have crystal light where you live?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #133  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm just testing out my tracker! I will have my WI before lunch today, so hope to add my results to the new daily thread for today!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #134  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thank you! It was pretty sweet. I will save it for a treat. It was not an ice cream but still nice. I might make some ice lips out of it if I can find the old Tupperware pop things or buy a replacement. I have sugar free Popsicles in the freezer but haven't gone there since week one or two when my coach said better not to. I keep this king its the same as sugar free gum which I have a few times a day Max for less than a card a piece.
I have the powerade zero everyday.. I love it.
Closed Thread