Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #91  
04/23/12~Kara
 
Kaypix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 638

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.
I'd rather have bird legs than Thunder Thighs 14 years playing soccer, followed by a decade of sitting around = bad bad
Kaypix is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #92  
Senior Member
 
Lace and Levis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 196

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Thanks I don't live in the US or Canada though I wish I could add some lime to it..
Lemon is allowed but there was no mention of lime on Phase 1. Not to long ago we talked about lime and it seems most agree that lime can be added to water.
Lace and Levis is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #93  
Member
 
Kat2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 36

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Hungry

Today is the first day on the program that I have been hungry. Last night I dreamt bout frosted cookies. I do not ever remember dreaming about food. I know that it gets better, but it is hard right now. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better already.
Kat2500 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #94  
Started IP May 1, 2012
 
0ojoyo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 168

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Today is the first day on the program that I have been hungry. Last night I dreamt bout frosted cookies. I do not ever remember dreaming about food. I know that it gets better, but it is hard right now. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better already.
I'm also having a tough day with cravings. Just keep in mind all the reasons you chose to come on this diet and that'll get you through. Just for your peace of mind, though, after the first day I wasn't very hungry anymore. Be strong! You can do this.
0ojoyo0 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #95  
Restart IP 12/26/14
 
Cadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 699

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Sewmam
That was a great video, thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.
Cadu is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #96  
Senior Member
 
Darralyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 418

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Today is the first day on the program that I have been hungry. Last night I dreamt bout frosted cookies. I do not ever remember dreaming about food. I know that it gets better, but it is hard right now. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better already.
Hang in there! We are all rooting for your success!!
Darralyn is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #97  
Junior Member
 
Skinnyminny26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Hello and happy Monday everyone...so much good news on here, lifts me up just logging in and reading all the posts. Here's to a wonderful night and great Tuesday staying 100% OP
Skinnyminny26 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #98  
Tripmama
 
Tripmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Summit County Co
Posts: 439

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Monday, Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Back from WI (I did it Wednesday last week). Only down 1.8 lbs; so a little teensy disspointed. I did much more excersize than normal and she said my muscle mass and H2O were up so that should be part of the deal...I will take the little and the large. Thanks for the support!!
Try not to be disappointed, it may be counter-productive.
on your loss and sticking to the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Love your new pic Tripmama. And the new hairstyle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Let's see, Week #2 weigh in, -4.8 LBS! I will definitely take it. Week 1 was down 5, so this is a bit less, but I started walking, and to me that is a big enough accomplishment AND I'm firmly at 185 now! Oooh, need to update my profile!
Congrats!
Tripmama is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #99  
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
SewingMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dutchtown, LA
Posts: 713

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Back from WI (I did it Wednesday last week). Only down 1.8 lbs; so a little teensy disspointed. I did much more excersize than normal and she said my muscle mass and H2O were up so that should be part of the deal...I will take the little and the large. Thanks for the support!!
Don't be disappointed! Cheer for every pound you lose. You're carrying around 1.8 pounds less than you were last week. I lost 1.4 last week, and this week I'm down 3.3. Your rate of loss will vary on IP. I've averaged 3 pounds a week, but that's all it is an average. Some weeks are better than others.
SewingMomma is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #100  
Started IP 12/30/11
 
purple sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.
Do you do other things to curl up? I can understand wanting to chill or cocoon or some days staying under the covers a little longer. That is why I like soft clothes. Yesterday I was not feeling well. Almost flulike so I put on these thick pants I have. They are not jammies, more like fleece pants. Thick (and now huge- but I don't want to give them up) and after a while I felt better. I know this may sound silly. They aren't magic pants or anything, just thick furry ones but they were very comforting. I thought about having hot chocolate but already had my snack for the day. Sometimes I just wear soft clothes. Fleece jammies, those soft thick furry socks.

I have certain movies and shows I like to watch during these phases. Cause I am kinda geeky I love nature and science shows and I just chill out to them.
purple sky is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #101  
Member
 
naysha6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BR, LA
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Good Afternoon All!
IP is going super well. I am feelin super skinny and am hearing about it! There are hills and valleys on this journey for sure, but just keep on the journey.

Have a great day!
Looking good Tripmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
You got this!

BTW, I am sure you know men lose twice as fast as we do.

If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.

I would come on here and see big whopping loss after big whopping loss but my losses were always small. I convinced myself that was fine and from then on my story was slow and steady. Every 3-4 days on this diet I lost a pound and I was fine with that. It was consistent and steady. A couple times it took 5 or 6 days to see a change on the scale but that just became a part of my story. I went allover this site looking at all the stats for people in a similar height and weight loss range and came up with my own story. It helped me to create a picture, and give me a sense for how long I might be on this diet (and how much to budget). I prepared for a lot of things others went through but those things never happened to me. In the same vein I had a lot of issues others never experienced.

You got this. Just remember that. Firmly placed in the drivers seat with foot on gas pedal. GO!
Thanks Purple, you dont realize how much that have helped me today. I keep estimating how much I will be able to loose in say 4 months and coming up short when I do my averages. Trying not to stress over the cost of the program and knowing it may take me longer to reach my goal than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Purplesky,

Good advice. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. We have a saying in my line of work. Slow is Smooth and Smooth is Fast. Basically meaning if you do things the right way (mechanically) the speed with come on its own. When we try to rush it it usually messes things up and slows them way down. It is what we tell new recruits when they are learning to draw their duty guns. There are lots of snaps, straps and levers on holsters these days and it's common to see a "boot" wrestling to draw. When the steps are done correctly it's very smooth and fast, and a lot safer for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
They have the how-to on their website & facebook page. I'll try it tonight and see how it goes.



Thank you so much for the motivation! I'll give your suggestions a try!!
I like that quote I may have to save it to my signature if you dont mind!

I've been struggling this week with PMS issues of wanting to eat the entire kitchen sink! My cycle is due anyday now so hopes it hurry up and get here. Plus my son graduates from H.S. next Wed, having company in town staying at the house and trying to be a nice host next week is going to be rough.

Wk1 -4, Wk2 -5, Wk3 -3, Wk#4 -2, wk#5 -2
naysha6 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #102  
Restart IP 12/26/14
 
Cadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 699

Height: 5' 3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.
sorry you are having a hard day Samba. Hang in there. It will pass. I bet tomorrow you will feel so much better.
Cadu is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #103  
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Guess who's back? Yes, I've been gone a month. A LOT has changed in a month, but for the better right now lol. Finally got a different car & our house *should* be finished within the month, but maybe a little after. *fingers crossed*

Matt is doing a little better, he has his good moments & his bad moments. But I think we have a better handle on it right this second and we're figuring out some of his seizure triggers, so hopefully we're on the UPHILL side of that!

I'm starting back on IP first thing in the morning. I'm so ready! I think I have my head on straight again & my eye on the prize, so here's hoping! I'm ready not to feel like crap anymore, I'm just drained. Now if I can get through the first week, I've done it before and I WILL do it again!

Here's to an awesome week I've missed you guys!
omgzitsmiranda is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #104  
Began IP 3-29-2012
Thread Starter
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,693

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Looking good Tripmama



Thanks Purple, you dont realize how much that have helped me today. I keep estimating how much I will be able to loose in say 4 months and coming up short when I do my averages. Trying not to stress over the cost of the program and knowing it may take me longer to reach my goal than most.





I like that quote I may have to save it to my signature if you dont mind!

I've been struggling this week with PMS issues of wanting to eat the entire kitchen sink! My cycle is due anyday now so hopes it hurry up and get here. Plus my son graduates from H.S. next Wed, having company in town staying at the house and trying to be a nice host next week is going to be rough.

Wk1 -4, Wk2 -5, Wk3 -3, Wk#4 -2, wk#5 -2
If you're asking me about the slow is smooth, smooth is fast go for it. It is not mine but just some good common sense. If you were not talking to me, These are not the Droids you are looking for.
usmcvet is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #105  
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
SewingMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dutchtown, LA
Posts: 713

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Guess who's back? Yes, I've been gone a month. A LOT has changed in a month, but for the better right now lol. Finally got a different car & our house *should* be finished within the month, but maybe a little after. *fingers crossed*

Matt is doing a little better, he has his good moments & his bad moments. But I think we have a better handle on it right this second and we're figuring out some of his seizure triggers, so hopefully we're on the UPHILL side of that!

I'm starting back on IP first thing in the morning. I'm so ready! I think I have my head on straight again & my eye on the prize, so here's hoping! I'm ready not to feel like crap anymore, I'm just drained. Now if I can get through the first week, I've done it before and I WILL do it again!

Here's to an awesome week I've missed you guys!
Yeah Miranda!!!! Welcome back. I'm happy to hear that things are going better for you and Matt.
SewingMomma is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 02:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 03/05/12 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 152 03-06-2012 01:33 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 103 01-31-2012 12:56 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 171 01-10-2012 09:04 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.