Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #76  
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Hello again everybody!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. We think we've got challenges...this guy really overcame so much!

I had my weigh-in today and went up a little, but really, it's only 1/2 pd since I started maintenance 5 weeks ago. It still astonishes me that with all the good food I'm eating now, and my Fannie Mae fiasco, I'm holding pretty steady. I don't go back for a month now, and that day I'm going to stay and do a testimonial for their workshop that night. I've been feeling pressured with the house stuff lately and not focusing on making the best meals I can, so check-ins always have a way of getting me enthused again. That, and taking the time to come here with you all...

My coach did tell me that they had a big conference in Chicago this past weekend, and IP is coming out with more products, including a pasta! They are also going to do more for us Maintainers, more products just for us, more guidance and ideas on how to maintain. Maybe they are listening to us...

Got the estimate on my brakes...around $500...ouch! Forgot to write down the paint # so I couldn't get more of it. Oh well, it's still drizzly out so I can't continue the outside work yet anyway. Guess that means I have to attack the basement again and sort through those old clothes that I'm tripping over in my bedroom.

My refrigerator is so stuffed, I can't fit all my just-bought vegees in there...need to go rearrange things....

Have a terrific evening!
Sewmam is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #77  
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,796

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.
The crispy cereal is much better made into a pancake.

It seems most people use MIO in their water.
patns is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #78  
Started IP 12/30/11
 
purple sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
..
My coach did tell me that they had a big conference in Chicago this past weekend, and IP is coming out with more products, including a pasta! They are also going to do more for us Maintainers, more products just for us, more guidance and ideas on how to maintain. Maybe they are listening to us...
Good to know. Maintenance is pretty scary after the structure of the other phases. It seems to be a precarious balancing act. I used to jump in the maintenance thread, get scared and leave. Too real for me. Now, I am a little more ready. Maybe. Dunno.
purple sky is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #79  
04/23/12~Kara
 
Kaypix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 638

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Thank you for that video Sewman, loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
P.S. My big NSV. Up here, we have these padded kitchen chairs (where we spend all of our time) and they have arms on them. This is the first time I can sit in them without wedging myself in and it being very painful. Yippee.
It's the little things in life really Hope the rest of your week is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
I got tons done in my garden this weekend. I cannot wait to eat all those yummy veggies! Also, my last ewe FINALLY had her babies, twins! That makes 9 babies this year, 5 girls and 4 boys. All healthy. Good year indeed!

Official WI is tomorrow but because I am so close to onederland I have been peeking. Whoosh fairy has been hovering this week and I love her for that! I haven't been under 200 in at least ten years.
I used the whoosh fairy today, I"ll send her on your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM Ipeeps:
Went to a fight party Sat nite.... someone I know who is also doing IP was there. pizza, subs and fried foods were the menu... I had my IP snack pack with me.... she begins eating the food that was there.... I did not. She looks at me and sez... I have my snack pack with me too ... a lil cheat wont hurt.... I looked at her and chewed on my caramel nut bar.
I cannot tell you how much your humor in this post made me laugh out loud! You know it's one of those things that just gets you. Some people cheat, some don't, but those who do seem to think if they justify it it'll be OK, and it's still not..doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but cheating is still not OK.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
Just got back from my WI #5, down -2.6 pounds and 2 1/2 inches
Grats on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good Morning Everyone;
Had my weigh in the weekend and down 3 more lbs. When she measured me I came down another 8 inches in 2 weeks, for a total of 50 inches. Yeah me!!!
GREAT JOB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...
I went from 125 to 190 in 7 years of marriage, I can feel the pain. I joke with DH that monogamy is the worst thing for staying thin. Although once I get down to goal I'm sure he'd be MORE Than willing to help me STAY at goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I do have one concern on my mind about my own weight loss/program situation... I think I've allowed myself to become too lax on the daily 'fat intake front' and this may be contributing to my lower weight loss over the past 3 weeks.
I find it totally ironic you posted this today, because I was being lax the last couple weeks with very low losses for so early on and figured it could be 'le fat! First week, coated cooking pan with EVOO 1/4" deep (so think probably 1/4 cup) and put the food in to bake...second week, I sprayed Pam cooking spray with Olive Oil in it (comes that way, green label on the pam can), also, had Atkins shakes the first week, and switched to Wonderslim and AMP the following week to cut the fat. I had bought REAL butter, which is high in fat, but not in carbs, so thought it'd be OK to use that in place of Olive Oil...me thinks I were wrong...the last three days that I completely cut the butter, atkins and extra olive oil I went down 2 pounds. I hate it when the math is right >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
If this helps...DH lost 14 lbs week 1 and I lost 1.8. Not even two pounds. 1.8 coming out of the gate. Who does that? That is supposed to be your biggest week.
My DH is the same, he lost 4 pounds the first week, I lost 5...but he ate mcdonalds for lunch every day and snacked on twizzlers after the healthy dinner I made...*sigh* But it's all good cuz he has a bit to lose too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.
I don't know what you do for a living or what your eating patterns are etc, but keep trying new things to find what you like. Ready made is not always the way to go, and for the veggies, some people blend up the spinach and mix it with a chocolate drink for a shake I think (I don't, but others have mentioned it). Drinking water is a MUST, so instead of not drinking anything while you're driving, or at school or whatever, bring a 16oz or 32oz bottle with you and sip on it throughout the day. Add ice if you need to. Ask you coach about how to make it taste better, if you don't have access to Mio, you could also probably order it but I don't know what the shipping would be on it. I made turnip chips to snack on while I watch TV and that helps, a ton.
Kaypix is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #80  
Started IP 2/23/2012
 
mooselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 494

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Good morning everyone !!!! Im going to give some of my story..im 42 married for 23 years to my Junior High sweetheart..I have 2 children .my daughter is 20 old and my son is 15...when i got mariied at 19 i weighed 98 pounds and thru the last 22 years i bloomed up tp 240...I lost 30 pounds on slim fast last year and started april 9 0n ideal protein and have lost 19 pounds so far..I have owned my own daycare for 20 years.. I love this site and love to read the ups and downs of everyone and is really helping me feel like im not alone on the journey.
Welcome, I married my High school Senior sweetheart 25 years ago this coming november. I also have 2 kids. 22 girl and 17 girl.

You are gonna love IP and this thread
mooselover is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #81  
04/23/12~Kara
 
Kaypix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 638

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default

Let's see, Week #2 weigh in, -4.8 LBS! I will definitely take it. Week 1 was down 5, so this is a bit less, but I started walking, and to me that is a big enough accomplishment AND I'm firmly at 185 now! Oooh, need to update my profile!

Major NSV last night, or rather, afternoon...we went to the Avengers, right before my normal "lunch" time, so I snuck in a cut up cucumber and a almond atkins bar to the theatre and munched on those, and DH was so sweet, he bought me a bottle of water and himself his regular snacks, but I didn't even ASK for the water, so that was super sweet since I forgot I'd want any until I'd be molar deep in salty almonds. Also, I noticed in the mirror today, my upper chest is getting smaller, as well as my neck! I hear I'll lose from the top down, and doesn't that just figure, what I want to get rid of is in "the bottom" lol. Oh, and my measurements of bust was down 2" and waist down 3" in two weeks (actually 10 days) , so that's good deals for me

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, I'm off to find yet another recipe to cook with chicken, then post it in my blog! I'm loving this blog thing...man i'm a nerd...oh well
Kaypix is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #82  
Started IP 2/23/2012
 
mooselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 494

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Back from the Dr. Got some good news and some not so good.

Good news first. My total cholesterol went from 246 to 179. My LDL went from 179 to 124 and my triglycerides from 173 to 65!!! I've been on IP for 10 weeks. This is amazing!!! I can totally thank IP for these drops in my numbers

Bad news, no answers on my TOM issues yet. She did a biopsy and some other blood tests to see what is going on. She is on IP and doesn't think my issues are related to the diets estrogen surges. I will know more by the end of the week. The hyster word came up a few times.
mooselover is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #83  
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,770

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
I use light olive oil for cooking, not too high of heat, and EVOO for foods like salads or add in to cooked foods after. I never heat EVOO. I use 1-2 tsp like the protocol sheet says.

I also take Omega 3 fish oil 3 x daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I find it totally ironic you posted this today, because I was being lax the last couple weeks with very low losses for so early on and figured it could be 'le fat! First week, coated cooking pan with EVOO 1/4" deep (so think probably 1/4 cup) and put the food in to bake...second week, I sprayed Pam cooking spray with Olive Oil in it (comes that way, green label on the pam can), also, had Atkins shakes the first week, and switched to Wonderslim and AMP the following week to cut the fat. I had bought REAL butter, which is high in fat, but not in carbs, so thought it'd be OK to use that in place of Olive Oil...me thinks I were wrong...the last three days that I completely cut the butter, atkins and extra olive oil I went down 2 pounds. I hate it when the math is right >.<
Thanks to both of you for your comments. I'm definitely going to monitor my daily oil intake more strictly from here on in.

Last edited by evepet; 05-07-2012 at 06:02 PM.
evepet is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #84  
Started IP May 1, 2012
 
0ojoyo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 168

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hey everyone. I haven't been able to read too many posts today because I've been a busy girl! I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. As for me, I am having horrible cravings. Not for anything in particular, I just really want to BINGE! To top that off, I've been irritable all day. I keep reminding myself that the immediate satisfaction will only hurt me in the long run, and I will be so dissappointed in myself if I give into temptation. I know if I just get through the rest of the day, tomorrow will be better (I hope). But, venting via the 3FC forum is helping a little (lol) so thank you all for reading.

I do have a question for all my fellow smokers. I know, I know, I should quit, but one thing at a time... Anyway, have your nicotine cravings increased on IP? Before I started I smoked about 1/2 pack a day, now I'm up to almost a full pack a day.
0ojoyo0 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #85  
04/23/12~Kara
 
Kaypix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 638

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Hey everyone. I haven't been able to read too many posts today because I've been a busy girl! I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. As for me, I am having horrible cravings. Not for anything in particular, I just really want to BINGE! To top that off, I've been irritable all day. I keep reminding myself that the immediate satisfaction will only hurt me in the long run, and I will be so dissappointed in myself if I give into temptation. I know if I just get through the rest of the day, tomorrow will be better (I hope). But, venting via the 3FC forum is helping a little (lol) so thank you all for reading.

I do have a question for all my fellow smokers. I know, I know, I should quit, but one thing at a time... Anyway, have your nicotine cravings increased on IP? Before I started I smoked about 1/2 pack a day, now I'm up to almost a full pack a day.
My mother in law is going on Wellbutrin to help stop smoking, it mellows me out as well (on it for other reasons) and makes me not hungry. Kind of handy really. I hope your cravings subside! I know mine start getting super bad when I do get hungry, because when I'm hungry, I'm ravenous! Good luck today and see you on the boards tomorrow!
Kaypix is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #86  
Senior Member
 
Darralyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 418

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Back from the Dr. Got some good news and some not so good.

Good news first. My total cholesterol went from 246 to 179. My LDL went from 179 to 124 and my triglycerides from 173 to 65!!! I've been on IP for 10 weeks. This is amazing!!! I can totally thank IP for these drops in my numbers

Bad news, no answers on my TOM issues yet. She did a biopsy and some other blood tests to see what is going on. She is on IP and doesn't think my issues are related to the diets estrogen surges. I will know more by the end of the week. The hyster word came up a few times.
I am thinking of you!! Hope it is not bad news.....you will be in my prayers.
Darralyn is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #87  
~Kelly~
 
kmc1021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Default

Hello peeps!! I am so happy with all the NSV and all the great WI's!!

I met with my chiro today and told him I was dropping the clinic. He was sad but understood. He said he still wants to monitor me and when I go in for my adjustments to bring in my WI's and inches lost. He is such a wonderful man. I go tomorrow for my WI at the clinic and to get all my measurements. I feel really bad for leaving, but I have to do what is best for me. Plus when using the alternatives (did that all day today) I have not been nearly as hungry. So I am happy with that. Might be because the food isn't as good as IP, but whatever, I will take it.

I am waiting (im)patiently for the UPS man to bring my 10 bottles of WF products. Delivery is for today and I bet he is going to wait till the last minute!! Figures!!

For all those struggling, let me tell you, I was the one a few weeks ago that was going to quit. I just couldn't handle it. Is every day awesome..no, but I do have awesome days. Like today, I made a killer meal and have no idea what I did (again). I just added a lil of this and a lil of that and made something great! Some days I just want quick and easy food and want to hit up the fast food, but I don't give in. It will get better!! And if it doesn't, oh well you have lost weight suffering!! (Someone write that down and tell me that the next time I want to quit!!)
kmc1021 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #88  
Started IP May 1, 2012
 
0ojoyo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 168

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
My mother in law is going on Wellbutrin to help stop smoking, it mellows me out as well (on it for other reasons) and makes me not hungry. Kind of handy really. I hope your cravings subside! I know mine start getting super bad when I do get hungry, because when I'm hungry, I'm ravenous! Good luck today and see you on the boards tomorrow!
Thanks for the response staying strong so far. I'm not gonna let the cravings win this time. I actually have a prescription for Prozac, but I weaned myself off it a while back. I'm thinking I may need to start back up aging if these mood swings are going to be a normal occurance. I'm already seeing results a week in, so I need to stick with this.
0ojoyo0 is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #89  
Senior Member
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middle of Nowhere!
Posts: 316

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Default

Nearly making it through my tough day! I don't know why I felt rather weak today. I wanted to curl and eat though. Obviously something is going on with me.

Have been drinking more water. I decided I needed to change things up. Thought some walking would be good. Then, I got hung up on my posture and my walking form ,etc. Oooh, boy, just like an eating disordered perfectionist to fall in to such thinking!! For, heaven's sakes, I thought, just walk! Took the big boy male GSD with me. We had a good time. It did not completely shake the funk,but I am determined to get through this day.

My DH came home. He told me my legs are looking skinny. Ha! I kinda wondered if that was a compliment?! But, he hasn't been able to say "skinny" about any of me in some time, so its good! Never mind I feel a bit self conscious that I have bird legs while my torso still has lbs. to lose.

Loved the video today. I got word of it from Sewmam here and another friend. Decided for sure I was supposed to see that today! Amazing and so real. We do have an incredible ability to heal if we will allow it.

Stay strong everyone. I've been thinking about so many of us sharing this journey. Love 3FCs.

Last edited by Samba; 05-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Samba is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #90  
Senior Member
 
Lace and Levis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 196

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Going to Dr now to find out what is going on with my TOM and why is has lasted 27 days so far................Ultrasound I had was normal and did not explain why I am having such prolonged cycles.

Posted my new picture. My face looks so skinny
Your pictures looks fabulous!!!
Lace and Levis is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 02:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 03/05/12 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 152 03-06-2012 01:33 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 103 01-31-2012 12:56 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 171 01-10-2012 09:04 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.