Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I'm going to Ireland at the end of June and I've already talked to my coach about going off plan for the trip and back to phase 1 when I get back (will start weaning into maintenance 2 weeks ahead of time). Its frustrating because it will put my weight loss back but on the other hand she said going from P1 to eating normally can cause a ton of weight gain if you don't do it the right way...if you plan to stay OP in Paris you should be fine, but if you were going to eat normally I'd talk to your coach and see what he/she recommends.
You don't necessarily have to go fully off the plan. When we went to Mexico for 10 days, we continue with all our supplements, and our protein shakes (3 packages per day) and then ate what we wanted while still watching a smidge to not over-indulge. When I returned I had gained 6 pounds, lost 4 within 2 days and about 2 stuck for a little longer. We were able to stay in ketosis because of keeping up with the supplements and protein. Protein, Protein, Protein will really help you stay in ketosis. When we came back we got back 100% on the plan and keep going down!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post

I am hooked on the restricted bars! Only have one a day obviously, and in the morning or early afternoon, but I am going to challenge myself to try and have one every other day.
FYI- I've had a restricted bar every day and it hasn't seemed to hurt my losses. For some of us, it's the food highlight of our day!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I'm totally dreading the withdrawl after vacation - maybe it's worse because I'm only in week 2 and it's fresh in my mind! However, I have the exact same attitude as you...for my vacation I want to just be on vacation, but I already have my appt. at my clinic for the day after I get back to start P1 again. When I started I committed to doing P1 100% OP through Easter, my 30th birthday, and my best friend's bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding, but a two week trip out of the country felt different to me. I want to focus on the vacation, not worry about food. Also, how exciting that *hopefully* by June those airplane seats will be a little more comfortable!
I'll be honest with you, upon my return from 10 days in Mexico, I was actually looking forward to getting back on the program. We found we slept crappy with the out of norm eating and my husband suffered more heartburn. I was fully prepared for withdrawal but didn't have any other than missing the beach and pool!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #34  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up You look marvelous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
FYI- I've had a restricted bar every day and it hasn't seemed to hurt my losses. For some of us, it's the food highlight of our day!
You look great
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #35  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Has anyone tried the Miracle Rice/Noodle? OMG!!!! Love!!! I made tapioca pudding last night... omg!!!! Fab! lol Hit the spot!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
"They" say you're supposed to drink half of your weight in ounces of water a day, so with the 90 ounces you're right on track.

I drink on average 120 ounces of water a day, about 15 glasses. I drink hot water instead of coffee thoughout the day (gave it up in October to see if it help the headaches). The hot water will assimilate into your body easier becuse the body doesn't have to warm it up.
Im going to drink my water ... Im just gonna hafta make sure I FINISH in full my IP pks.

thx.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Am starting my 3rd week of ideal protein. Love the crispy cereal pancake recipe..so yummy and gives me something to chew at lunch! Has anyone tried the omlete? I'm kinda scared to try it. We are going to paris on May 8th and worried to go off plan for 6 days. Do you think I will gain a lot??
Try to stick to no/low carb foods as much as possible and do a lot of walking.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #38  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hearing about all these fabulous trips is making me jealous! I had a string of wedding/business/family travel a few weeks ago over weekly WI #3 & #4 where I was gone 9/14 days.

I almost ran out of food for part of it - stretched it out. I was supposed to be out for work 2 days and it was extended to 5 days while I was there! I ended up just having IP for breakfast and 'eating out' for lunch and dinner (no snack) - but following the salad + lean meat + veggies menu. I still lost 6lb over the 2 week span and jumped back 100% OP when I got back - but talk about messing up a schedule!

Speaking of which, going out of town again this weekend - but just to San Antonio for a kiddie birthday party - bringing all my food with me!

Last edited by LizRR; 04-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #39  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just weighed in. Down 8 more pounds for a total of 35 in two weeks. I'm very happy.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #40  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

All this overseas travel talk makes me so jealous!!! I wish I could go!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in. Down 8 more pounds for a total of 35 in two weeks. I'm very happy.
YOU are my IDOL.....

in Zumba we say... You're the rabbit Im chasing...

I would love to duplicate these types of results....

smack ya'self on the behind and call yourself HOT! those numbers sizzle!

go mami go.

Im so siced. ... cant wait for my first WI.. I have been 100% OP.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 328/280/245

Height: 6'4

Not sure whats going on! For the past week and half i haven't loss any weight i have put on 5lbs. I haven't cheated in any way, i have kepted up with my same meal plan no changes. and yet im stuck!! Not sure whats going on......

Last edited by repomike; 04-12-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hi Danif, I took a miniphase off to go to Mexico near the end of my journey...you might want to start researching the vacation threads there are a few out there from people who didn't phase off (stayed OP) and people who did.

It wasn't hard for me to get back OP, I made the decision that it was a vacation and that's it. I wasn't going to NOT be on Phase 1 longer then I had to be. So when the plane lifted from Canuck soil to when it landed was when I as on vacation. As soon as it landed...the game was back on. Did I go through withdrawl again, yuppers I did. However, I'm expecting to go through that withdrawl a few times in maintenance as we are suppose to 'reboot' our system annually.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Good to know....thanks for your feed back. Hearing it was hard worried me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Ya I know what you mean......awwww chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

That is amazing weight loss! Be very proud!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomike View Post
Not sure whats going on! For the past week and half i haven't loss any weight i have put on 5lbs. I haven't cheated in any way, i have kepted up with my same meal plan no changes. and yet im stuck!! Not sure whats going on......
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. My coach added another packet to my plan because she was afraid I wasn't getting enough protien. The scale finnaly started moving agian this week. Hang in there I know it drives you crazy but the scale will move.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #45  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Haven't been on the forum lately. Had to make an emergency trip to our cottage in Michigan (954 miles). Received a notice from our community group that two sections of the township were reclassified for gas drilling. Most of this land is state DNR land. The border of one section is three lots away. Tonight is a meeting that our state representative organized with the gas company, DNR, and state environmental group to discuss the drilling and the use of hydraulic fracturing. THAT is something we do not want as it pollutes the land and especially the water. They've even reported it causing earthquakes. My DH and I felt we had to come up (take off work) and make our presence known with the others in the area. Sometimes it helps. Maybe we can at least get them not to use the hydraulic fracturing process, only drill. We plan to come here and retire in a couple years. We're on a lake and it's so peaceful and beautiful. Hate to have that destroyed and our property to become worthless. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Needless to say, this has been soooooo stressful. I put on a pair of jeans last night and could almost not get them buttoned. I've stayed 100% OP, but I'm sure it's water. Not really getting enough and that seems to be my stress reaction, water retention.

I did have a small NSV. Up here, we spend most of our time around the kitchen table. It has padded chairs with arms. I have not been able to sit in those as I was wider that the arms are apart. I just sat in one this morning and I almost fit. I was in there, but it was still snug, but a real improvement.

Glad to hear of everyone else's successes. Sure miss not reading the Daily Chat. We have only dialup here and it's very slow and they are too many things to do to spend the time. Had that time now as DH is out digging trenches for our thirty new asparagus plants. We both love it and decided we'd start some now to be well established by the time we retire here.
Molly
Closed Thread