Old 04-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymeskelt View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. It's been a hard two days! I have a terrible cold too so nothing taste good (may be a good thing). They wouldn't let me choose my own they just gave me different selections and none are the same. I was starved so my husband made me a protein shake of his powder he gets from sams. The nutritional values were close to the IP. That's what's been keeping me going and I can keep those down.
I thought the tomato was gross too! I had it as part of my sampler the first week and that was it. In fact, I haven't bought any of the soups since that sample packet. I liked some enough, but I prefer the shakes, bars, puddings, and ready to drink items. Right now, my favorites are the carmel nut bar, the chocolate ready to drink or drink mix (I heat it up and make hot cocoa and even add some decaf Starbucks Via to it to make a mocha), and the cappuccino. I also love the mango RTD and the Vanilla RTD. The spaghetti and the chili are good, and I have packets of those that I throw in from time to time.

Adding some spices or veggies to the soup might make it more palatable.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #32  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack. I'm game for a meet up! Wuv, when can you get this way? You HAVE to be included in our group, lol!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #33  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack. I'm game for a meet up! Wuv, when can you get this way? You HAVE to be included in our group, lol!
I'll be passing through on Friday to go to mom's but y'all let me know and i'll make it!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #34  
Nervous Newbie

S/C/G: 160.2/152.7/140

Height: 5'7

Good to hear it's not just me. I'm not a soup person anyway. This morning I am having the oatmeal....actually pretty good! I did wake up with a headache today. It's day 3! I can't wait to get some energy back! Thanks for the support, Sewing Momma!
jaymeskelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #35  

I know I wouldn't be able to make it this weekend, I have my class reunion going on. But, if that works for everyone else, I'll catch the next one. So...what will we do? Isn't it a shame that my first thought was to meet somewhere to eat. Some habits are hard to break.
May 12th is Mother's Day weekend, so that's not a good date.
I don't live in BR, so if someone who does has any ideas, let them fly.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #36  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I found the soups to be absolutely disgusting. I never ordered those after trying them in the sampler pack.
This was me too! I hated the soups and puddings. But I loved the cappuccino (would mix it into my coffee in the morning), chocolate and vanilla RTDs (those went into my coffee too), and the bars. Oh, and the omelette (with extra seasonings) and crispy cereal were great too. Check out some of the "fun with packets" ideas to switch things up. Like chocolate cake in a mug out of the chocolate drink mix. Or the pudding cakes. Or the crispy cereal pancakes.

Oh, and welcome! I'm from central La, but live in AR now for work. I miss home!!!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #37  

What about a coffee shop?
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #38  

I am from BR as well - go to a great office off Seigen - allows individual packets purchases and returns. Soups are much better if you thin them more than they say to. the chicken noodle soup is fantastic!! My favorites are the drinks - i can't handle any of the puddings. I am not doing restricteds anymore because my weight loss wasn't satisfying me. I am getting married in September so I have a goal - but hope to be at a good weight well before then. I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks! keep up the great work ladies and if you need a great place to go for your weigh-in, packet purchase and friendly help let me know.
Geaux4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
What about a coffee shop?
Coffee shop is good for me! I'm an addict anyway!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #40  
Nervous Newbie

Need help my Southern friends....today is day 5 for me. I was hoping to wake up with the refreshing and great feeling I have heard so many speak of but I woke up with another terrible headache. The only thing i have missed on my program is the last set of evening vitamins. I'm not sure if this is the cause but I need an easy fix. Also, i cant seem to focus well at work. Tips and Ideas?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #41  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymeskelt View Post
Need help my Southern friends....today is day 5 for me. I was hoping to wake up with the refreshing and great feeling I have heard so many speak of but I woke up with another terrible headache. The only thing i have missed on my program is the last set of evening vitamins. I'm not sure if this is the cause but I need an easy fix. Also, i cant seem to focus well at work. Tips and Ideas?
Just hang in there. It will get better soon. Have you been getting all of your salt in? You can try licking some salt off the back of your hand and drinking a glass of water. In 10 to 15 minutes, the headache should subside. Missing the vitamins won't cause you to have headaches. You should go in to ketosis within the next couple of days and will start to feel better.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Hi All, I live in the Baton Rouge area as well,just started yesterday and its not so bad ! I can do this !
Please someone tell me how to get the weight tracker cutesy stuff .
Thanks and good luck to all !
SoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 249/243/190

Height: 5'8"

Glad to see so many folks from BTR. I am from BTR as well. I started IP in Jan and lost about 45 pounds. I got sidetracked for whole of April when I had to travel for work. With great difficulty I was able to muster up some motivation to start the diet all over again.
Did you guys form a support group?
uday029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #44  
Nervous Newbie

Thanks Sewing Momma! I did lick some salt off my hand. LOL! It eased up so it may very well be too little salt intake. I just put extra on my broccoli for lunch. Seems to be working today...just didnt cut it yesterday. I am having a hard time with not chewing...my coach said no gum. I LOVE GUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Just hang in there. It will get better soon. Have you been getting all of your salt in? You can try licking some salt off the back of your hand and drinking a glass of water. In 10 to 15 minutes, the headache should subside. Missing the vitamins won't cause you to have headaches. You should go in to ketosis within the next couple of days and will start to feel better.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #45  
Nervous Newbie

Welcome Sophia! Hang in there...days 3 and 4 were hard for me. I am on day 5 and feeling better now that i licked some salt and lost my headache You can do this! Oh and we can't get cute tickers until we are members for 20 days and have 20 post. I can't wait...just another goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiawatts View Post
Hi All, I live in the Baton Rouge area as well,just started yesterday and its not so bad ! I can do this !
Please someone tell me how to get the weight tracker cutesy stuff .
Thanks and good luck to all !