Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat, September 27th

Good Morning Lovies

How is everyone today !!

Welcome Neenoon

Cathy, we are praying for you, hope to hear from you soon.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #2  

I've been watching for Cathy here and going to another site watching for news from the Beaumont TX area. There is an old couple who decided to ride out the storm there. Praise the Lord, they're all right, but the area looked like a war zone. No food, no water, no gas and the temps there are awful.

Other than watching the weather down South, nothing is happening here.

I saw how LindaT lost a bunch of weight. Waaaaay to go, girl.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 PM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Yes, I'm thinking about Cathy too...has anyone heard from her?

Hi to everyone else, what's new and exciting?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #4  

Good morning everyone

I went to the doctor yesterday.....I have bronchitis.....he put me on an antibiotic for 10 days.....also I am taking my Ventolin puffer.
The coughing is worse at night....especially when lying down in the bed....so I ended up sleeping for 3 hours on the couch....with my head higher.
The doctor said to take it easy this week.

It is only +1C now....the flowers seem like they didn't get frost.....so that is good.

Cathy....have been thinking of you also.....hope to hear from you soon.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

April – Ugh I hate it when I get bronchitis. You take ventolin, so you must have asthma. I too have asthma, and when I get bronchitis it really is a pain in the rear! I get it often, and I found sleeping somewhat upright helps a lot as well. I find it is worse in the morning because I have to breathe through my mouth and so in the morning I’m all dried out in the chest and it hurts. Drinks lots of water… I found hot tea with honey helps me at night. Get well soon!

My thoughts and prayers are with those hit by the hurricane. Looking forward to hearing from Cathy soon! If anyone hears from her, I am sure everyone here would love to know how she is doing. I can only imagine the heartache she is going through!

I’m feeling burnt out and it’s only the second day of class this week… is that a bad sign? I’ve been in school since I graduated high school in 94. I really want out! I’m so close to the end, at least graduating in March with my BA… but then I have another year or year and half for my credentials. UGH! Trying to keep my motivation high. March is only 1 more term away! I can do this!!! Someone give me some super wheaties!

I gotta run ladies… hope all is well… I have to leave for work in 30 minutes and then I have class til 8pm tonight. Got a lot of work to do.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all!
Wow its still so cold in our house today, we are baking cookies just to get some heat, plus I need them for lunches. I'm to cheap to put the heat on just yet. At least the fog has lifted. Stupid bus this morning didn't see us in the fog and he left early so I had to drive the girls to school. (I'm just not impressed with the school bus service this year and this was just another thing) I'm so glad that school buses are my biggest problem.
We didn't get our walk in this morning, nothing really stopping us this afternoon except laziness. Sue Marie, I use to have to pack our dog when he was a pup as he was so small. He's a shih tzu cross (the store said crossed with a jack russell) Well that little tiny puppy is now 42 pounds! He definitely does his own walking now!!!
April I hope you feel better soon. My mom gets bronchitist and it sure is draining. Take it easy and nap when you can. And you never know maybe we ran into each other at Costco yesterday, we were there just after 2 pm. After I got home I found out that my mom had been there, but she was at home at 2.
Well I have to run and demeat the chicken bones for the soup. Take care everyone and have a good day.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #7  

K.....I was at Costco around 2:45 p.m. yesterday....so we missed each other.

Sue....I have asthma....it usually doesn't bother me much....I am on a preventative med...but when I get bronchitis the asthma is worse.
I have osteoarthritis in all my ribs....which doesn't usually bother me....but now when I cough....some of the ribs hurt.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

gosh ya'll - i am in tears trying to read thru these posts!
ya'll are the absolute best!
i hope ya'll weren't too worried!

this has been the worst week of my life - but i cannot complain bec my family is safe and most of our homes have minor damage but with trees everywhere - it absolutely looks like a war zone down here - like thousands of bombs have gone off

i cannot even remember what day it is anymore but i will try to give a quick runby

we went up to hornbeck, la which was not far enough north just like i said. the electricity and water went out at 3 am on saturday. the church was suppose to be for dh's extended family of 40, but during an evacuation it doesnt work like that - ended up with hundreds next door wanting our food and bathroom when we had one working

I WILL NEVER EVACUATE AGAIN UNLESS I HAVE A HOTEL ROOM, CAMPER, CAMP OR FRIEND'S HOUSE READY!!! I could write a book about the things that went on there. (but the reason we went is bec you could not find a room anywhere in la bec of everyone that is already displaced by katrina)

sunday morning we all got up at the church since no one could sleep in the heat anyway and loaded up to head home - figured we could sit at home with no electricity or water and be a little less miserable there. we also had some generators at home we could use for something.

headed down hwy 171 from hornbeck to ragley - oh my gosh yall - i have never seen anything like it. about that time we figured it would be awhile before we could possibly have electricity. the closer you get to lake charles the worse it gets!

when we finally got to our street i couldn't even recognize the place - trees down everywhere and looked like a jungle. we could not pull into our long driveway bec ther was a huge oak tree across it. all our huge oak trees in our front yard were down but THANKFULLY they fell away from the house. all the trees that are not down are leaning. we have some minor damage to the house - but nothing major. we have woods at the back of our 7 acres that has been cleared out. dh says they probably helped protect the house.

there is no electricity, no water, no telephone, no cell phones, no gas - nothing. it was the worst feeling in the world ya'll!

once we got back we found out that there may not be water and electricity for 2 to 3 weeks (now they are saying 30 days) - unbelieveable!!!!

we tried to stick it out but the heat index was almost 110. our boys are staying with friends at an apt at LSU and I am staying at a nephey's apt with 10 others! dh and his dad are staying at our house with 2 generators now so they have some cool air and trying to keep a deep freeze cold (i think it is a waste of his time and energy) but i could not talk him into leaving. he wants to "watch" the house.

when i walked in the door here in baton rouge i thanked everyone from the bottom of my heart for letting me come - told nobody to touch me and ran for the bathroom as fast as i could. i cannot tell you what a BLESSING it is to have a/c and water again!!! i will never complain again as long as i have electricity and water!!!!!!

we have spent the day trying to fill claims with fema, red cross and home insurance but that was a waste of time.

baton rouge is now full of everyone from new orleans and lake charles - it takes an hour just to drive a few miles - so im gonna try to stay put as much as possible!!!!

i am just now seeing some national news - i see that they are showing some of lake charles - unbelieveable! poor cameron is devastated. moss bluff and ragley is just a little north of lake charles - moss bluff is AWFUL but they probably had the most trees!

i tried to keep this short but that is impossible - sorry

i will check back when i can

i appreciate all of your prayers for me and my family and my home and my area!!!! we certainly needed them and i know that the Lord is watching over us and is with us!!! appreciate all of you!!!!

hugs & more hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cathy, I'm so glad you're okay and that your house only got minor damage. I'm also glad to know that you're at a place with AC and water. That's a relief. It was great to hear from you.

April, I too have asthma and bronchitis makes it spiral out of control. So you have my sympathy and prayers. I hope you feel better soon.

Buddly, the cookies sound tasty. I've baked just to get the heat up in the house. I finally gave in and turned up my thermostats last Friday. I was tired of being cold. When summer leaves, it sure does so in a hurry.

SueMarie, good luck fighting the burnout. You've definitely been going to school for a long time. Just know that there is an end in sight.

Hi Tippy, Leenie and Marble!!!!!

I cut my trazedone in half again (so I'm done to a quarter of a pill) and that was enough last night to let me sleep okay, but not to make me as tired today. I think the reason I'm slipping into the depressed side of the bipolar is from the trazedone. It makes me too sleepy during the day, but I couldn't stand to be up all night so that's why I started it a couple weeks ago. So today I'm doing pretty good so keep your fingers crossed that a quarter pill will work again tonight.

I got my new Garth Brooks Live in Central Park Concert video in the mail today, so I'm going to crank it up and ride my exercycle tonight. I lost my original tape and I love watching concerts when I exercise.

Ds1, GF, DH, and DS2 are all gone this evening and I have the house to myself. I really like the privacy. I think that's what I'm going to miss the most by having DS1 and GF move in. I like my time to myself.

Well, I'll chat with you all tomorrow. Again Cathy, I'm glad that you're okay.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #10  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Cathy)))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))

I'm over the moon hearing from you!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 AM   #11  
Walking by faith

Default Cathy...

WELCOME HOME!!!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy – It’s so WONDERFUL to hear from you and to hear things aren’t as bad as it looked. I was afraid Lake Charles would have been devastated like N.O.

April – I know what you mean when you say it gets worse with the bronchitis, I have a nebulizer treatment scheduled for tomorrow. Seems like since the huge fires we had here in 2003, that my asthma has just been out of control. I hope you feel better soon tho!

Today is the second day of my new calorie diet. I’m doing 2100 calories now. I looking forward to seeing how well it goes! I was afraid I was going to have a hard time doing this, but so far no problems.

I gotta run, I have a lot of homework to do and I wanna get to bed early.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote