Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! Back from WI this morning and another 2 pounds bites the dust this week, so I am now at 75 pounds lost!
I was hoping to break into the 180's this morning, but the scale has been teasing me the last few mornings. There is always tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone...
Congratulations on the 75 # marker! LOL at the scale teasing you! I only work on getting into the next lower decade on the scale, but sometimes it can be quite fickle. You will make it next week! Go YOU!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #32  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I'm having a rough day today. Woke up at 3:30 this morning to Matt [DH] having a sleep seizure & it was really, really bad. I feel so sorry for him & it breaks my heart all over again every time this happens.

I'm just having a hard day trying to keep my 'eye on the prize' because I'm so stressed. For the first time in 3 months I just feel like I want to phase off & put things on hold for a bit until things calm down. But I know they won't calm down, I'll just be stuck at the same weight. I feel like I need a break, but I don't really think it's JUST my diet; just life in general; but I know that's not an option.

What should I do you guys?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning! For those of you who have been very successful and careful about staying OP, what is your feeling on having some of the allowable dinner protein (ie chicken etc) added to lunch? I'd like to add a little chicken to my lunchtime salad (I also have an IP choc drink) and not have as large of a portion at dinner. I don't want to do anything to sabotage my loss but couldn't think how adding a little protein to lunch would hurt. Also - discovered a great afternoon pick me up - I take leftover morning coffee with me to work, add a couple packets of Splenda, 1 oz skim milk (don't have it in the morning coffe), lots of ice, shake and have a yummy iced coffee mid-day.

W1 (10 days) - 13lbs! W2 -
I have done just that and still have lost 14 lbs in a month. So from my personal experience, it works for me.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning
I made a comment yesterday about newmans own salad dressing and felt the response to call me a cheater was a bit much.

The light oil and vinegar dressing is 60 calories, 6g fat, 1 carb, no sugar.

I use 1 tbsp and count this as my oil. My coach wants us to use it raw (not in your cooked veggies, which I usually steam anyway). So salad seems like the obvious choice.

Anyone using Splenda should realize there is 1 g carb in each packet, so is that cheating??
if you make your own salad dressing lemon juice, most vinegar, garlic, etc. all have some carbs. It is unlikely homemade dressing would be lower in carbs (or fat if you add oil) than this bottled one.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I'm having a rough day today. Woke up at 3:30 this morning to Matt [DH] having a sleep seizure & it was really, really bad. I feel so sorry for him & it breaks my heart all over again every time this happens.

I'm just having a hard day trying to keep my 'eye on the prize' because I'm so stressed. For the first time in 3 months I just feel like I want to phase off & put things on hold for a bit until things calm down. But I know they won't calm down, I'll just be stuck at the same weight. I feel like I need a break, but I don't really think it's JUST my diet; just life in general; but I know that's not an option.

Wow Miranda...I feel for you girl ...I can't even imagine how your feeling. I'm not entirely sure what I would do, but my first thought was if I was in the same boat struggling with what life was giving me at the time...I might feel that the only thing I COULD control was my diet and maybe if I thought about how I'm controling something it might give me some strength. I'm not sure if that helps but I thought I'd post my first 'thought' when I read your post. :/

But don't beat yourself up if you decide to take a break and deal with life...it's ok, we'll still be here! The decision is really up to you m'dear.

Last edited by Ishbel; 03-27-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie773 View Post
morning ladies! these past 2 days i have been freezing in my office, i really want to turn my heater on. I just found out i get to go to Mexico for work I'm so excited. It will only be 3 days but i am really looking forward to it. How do you ladies travel with IP?
I generally do phase 2 when I travel just because it's easier to not have to take so much stuff with me. That still keeps me loosing either way. I always pack bars for breakfast, RTD for my snack, and of course dinner I find a protein and veggies to eat. I know it's work, but have fun!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Quote:

Miranda,

My heart breaks for you as I read your post. I have family members who have had seizures and I understand your pain. In regards to you phasing off, I guess it is something you really need to consider before making that tough decision. when I look at your ticker - you have done amazingly so far! If possible, I would suggest that you push through and stay on plan. Try not to see this as a "diet" but as a way of life. I know it's not always easy, but these tough things usually offer up the BEST PRIZE in the end. I am rooting for you and I will be praying for you and for Matt.

Maria
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #38  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Wow Miranda...I feel for you girl ...I can't even imagine how your feeling. I'm not entirely sure what I would do, but my first thought was if I was in the same boat struggling with what life was giving me at the time...I might feel that the only thing I COULD control was my diet and maybe if I thought about how I'm controling something it might give me some strength. I'm not sure if that helps but I thought I'd post my first 'thought' when I read your post. :/

But don't beat yourself up if you decide to take a break and deal with life...it's ok, we'll still be here! The decision is really up to you m'dear.

Aww thank you <3 It's just so hard sometimes. Right when I feel like we've gotten him 'on the right path' this kind of thing happens. -sigh- But that's life for you. I'm going to just keep plugging along & see where I end up. There's been other days where I've felt like just throwing in the towel or I get so mad that I just wanna give up, but I get so mad I just go have a shake.. weirdest "sabotage" ever lol.

I'm trying super hard to stay on. It's been almost 3 months! I know if I just keep on it, a few more months will fly by & I will be so much lower than now. I'm definitely not knocking what I've lost by any means, just so annoyed with life in general haha.

I think part of my problem is that I keep going back & forth with my goal weight. I "ideally" [in my mind that is] want to be 130. But my Mom is insistent that I will be too thin yada yada. So she said 150. But I'm thinking right this second if I could just lose 100lbs [185lbs] then I would be good for a while. But i'm not sure? That's part of what's wrong, I know that.

Also, I appreciate your tip. That's definitely part of what keeps me on plan for real because everything else is spiraling out of control.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

I'm so sorry for you. My initial thought is that you can find the strength to go on....but only you can make that decision. I'm facing some difficult things in my life as well...and have strongly considered phasing off. However, I know the issues I'm dealing with have nothing to do with the diet, and came to the conclusion that if I phased off, I would only be hurting myself. With what you're dealing with, you need something to feel good about!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #40  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

I feel for you Miranda as you really do have a full plate there. However phasing off won't help either you or Matt. You need to take care of yourself so you can also be there to support him. Life happens, but we have to go on and taking care of ourselves is part of that going on.
Hang in there and do this for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning
I made a comment yesterday about newmans own salad dressing and felt the response to call me a cheater was a bit much.

The light oil and vinegar dressing is 60 calories, 6g fat, 1 carb, no sugar.

I use 1 tbsp and count this as my oil. My coach wants us to use it raw (not in your cooked veggies, which I usually steam anyway). So salad seems like the obvious choice.

Anyone using Splenda should realize there is 1 g carb in each packet, so is that cheating??
if you make your own salad dressing lemon juice, most vinegar, garlic, etc. all have some carbs. It is unlikely homemade dressing would be lower in carbs (or fat if you add oil) than this bottled one.
To be honest I thought that was a bit harsh too. You are so committed to this plan. Just keep on keeping on.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #41  
Started IP 2/29/12

S/C/G: 188/174/140

Height: 5'7"

WI#4 Today - minus 1lb. Not what I had hoped. :-( Need to get under the 170 mark - my goal for the next week. Tried making the Kale Chips last night - they are great!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Congrats!
Looks like you and I started around the same time. I'm in my 8th week and still try new things all the time, too.
Hi CassiR,
Trying new things really helps keep this fresh. This morning for the first time I had a pancake with steamed zucchini sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon (+ WF pancake syrup). Was trying to simulate an apple topping. Not exactly an apple taste but close enough for me - I'm determined to stay 100% OP. Very satisfying and filling.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #43  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Ipeeps:

What a BEAUTIFUL Morning here in Tennessee. I loved looking at the sunrise as I was driving in this morning. It's a little chilly, but it is supposed to be in the high 70's today. Wish I was off so I could go bask in the sunshine for awhile.

Well today was WI#19 and another 1.2 pounds are gone!!!!! I only have 29 more pounds to go....WOOHOO!!We'll see how I feel when I reach 140 and see how I look. Doc thinks that I will look too thin and that I may not feel too good if I go down to 130, but if I feel good and don't look too thin at 140 I can go ahead and try for another 5-10 pounds.

Congratulations on the losses so far and good luck to those that still have to weigh in. Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision of your life by choosing this plan.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!!
Great job Rissimo!! Love the pictures too. It looks as thought it is just melting away
Weather here is sunny but with a wind alert. /At least there is no snow is sight

Have a great day.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 197/181/140

Good Morning!!! You ALL rock!

It's chilly in Manhattan brrrr...

My boyfriend and I had our weigh ins yesterday night I lost 5 pounds and 3 inches on my waist and he lost two. I can feel myself getting to the 170's this week I know I can do it ! I was on OP

Hunger games rocked as a movie!

Congrats to all OP keep it up!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Aww thank you <3 It's just so hard sometimes. Right when I feel like we've gotten him 'on the right path' this kind of thing happens. -sigh- But that's life for you. I'm going to just keep plugging along & see where I end up. There's been other days where I've felt like just throwing in the towel or I get so mad that I just wanna give up, but I get so mad I just go have a shake.. weirdest "sabotage" ever lol.

I'm trying super hard to stay on. It's been almost 3 months! I know if I just keep on it, a few more months will fly by & I will be so much lower than now. I'm definitely not knocking what I've lost by any means, just so annoyed with life in general haha.

I think part of my problem is that I keep going back & forth with my goal weight. I "ideally" [in my mind that is] want to be 130. But my Mom is insistent that I will be too thin yada yada. So she said 150. But I'm thinking right this second if I could just lose 100lbs [185lbs] then I would be good for a while. But i'm not sure? That's part of what's wrong, I know that.

Also, I appreciate your tip. That's definitely part of what keeps me on plan for real because everything else is spiraling out of control.
So sorry you're going through all this. Just wanted to echo what a pp said - that for me, staying OP would be the one thing I could control in a time where everything is so up in the air that I'd want to stay on it. While the temptation to eat crap for comfort would be insanely high I just think I'd end up doubly ticked at myself to have to start it all up again when things 'got better'.

Also wanted to say I can totally relate to your goal dilemma. I'm in a similar space. I have no clue what I should get down to - I've never been thin so I have no clue what a healthy weight is for me. In my head I've always just assumed 135lbs was a good weight for women. What do I know, right? But the more I talked to my coach the more she told me that a weight that low would be completely unreasonable for me given my height and bone structure. Heck, when I started IP I was 165lbs of lean tissue! Nowhere close to 130.

So for now I'm taking it one goal at a time. My biggest goal is to lose 100lbs. Once I get there - or close - I'll have a better idea of a) how much longer I can/want to stay on IP and b) where I'd like to end up overall. And there's been a delightful kind of freedom in making that choice. Just my take on the whole thing.
Closed Thread