Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. One of the scales measures resting metabolism which is of interest to me. One of my doctors charges $75 to tell you what your resting metabolism is - and this scale costs $68, free S&H. (

Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale
I just ordered this yesterday! It will be delivered this Thursday.

I also ordered the Great Lakes collagen...going to use it in my shakes.

Very busy day today! Didn't get home from soccer until late and ate dinner at 7pm. Trying to relax by doing my evening ritual of reading posts from the day.

Have a great evening all!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

So I must be tired or something, but I am totally missing how to get my tracker posted..........wow, I am sure it is simple but can't figure it out. I went in added my weight, picked the tracker and the marker thing, but not sure what to do after that, how to save it. I only see a tab for start over........any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #138  
Started IP 1/25/12

S/C/G: 221/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I've gone from a size 20 to a 12 in 4 months, so I've had to buy pants. I can tolerate loose shirts, but it's a little bit embarrassing when your pants start falling off in public. LOL.
LOL! Seriously, congratulations! It's one thing to get used to people dropping crazy pounds on IP but from size 20 to size 12 in 4 months? Yeah, THAT'S a headline!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #139  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi All - congrats on all your losses today! You're all fabulous for sticking with this!!!

Has anyone experienced a sudden loss of energy kind of mid-program? I am on week 13, and I have recently started to feel again like I did the first three weeks. I've been 100% OP and getting 7-8 hours of rest a night. Plenty of water, most of my supplements, regular salt intake, etc.

I've just gotten so used to having a lot of energy, so it feels weird to feel kind of slumpy. Maybe it's just the weather... it's been warm, then cold, then warm, then cold again here in PA... Just a little frustrated with the low energy... Will be going to bed soon, I guess.

Have a fabulous evening!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #140  

Quote:
Mamacitaof2,
I have to agree with Mooselover that everytime I see one of your posts I admire your face. You have gorgeous skin. You could be a model. Think about it.

Rissimo,
By the way, I think the same when I see your pic. You also have a gorgeous face with perfect features. Modeling maybe? Seriously.
That's so sweet! Thank you! Um modeling will not be in my future. I have two busy kids and what you don't see in the picture, due to full coverage foundation is terrible acne scarrning. Acne still haunts me and I only pray my kids will never have it they way I did.

You both totally brightened my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanmary View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been on IP since November and have lost 57 pounds so far. I would like to lose another 63, so I am almost halfway to my goal. While I am loving my smaller body, I am feeling a little "squishy" and would like to work some exercise into my life. I have done zero exercise on this diet. I know I need to do an extra packet if I work out, but are there any other helpful tips? Do any of you exercise regularly? What do you do?

Also, my coach doesn't measure body fat %. I think there are home scales that can... does anyone have a recommendation?

Nice "meeting" you all! I read this thread every day and you are all a huge inspiration!!

Mary
I too feel a little squishy. I started doing pilates and yoga to help with that. Sometimes I also do weightlifting. I also bought a scale and bed, bath and beyond that measures body fat %, water % and muslce %. I use it for my weigh in ever week...well, every day, because I'm a compulsive weigher, but I only take my "official" weight on Fridays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
So I must be tired or something, but I am totally missing how to get my tracker posted..........wow, I am sure it is simple but can't figure it out. I went in added my weight, picked the tracker and the marker thing, but not sure what to do after that, how to save it. I only see a tab for start over........any help would be appreciated.
Select User CP in the upper left hand corner. Also, I belive Wuv's open post has the links with the instructions to create it.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
That's so sweet! Thank you! Um modeling will not be in my future. I have two busy kids and what you don't see in the picture, due to full coverage foundation is terrible acne scarrning. Acne still haunts me and I only pray my kids will never have it they way I did.

You both totally brightened my day!

I too feel a little squishy. I started doing pilates and yoga to help with that. Sometimes I also do weightlifting. I also bought a scale and bed, bath and beyond that measures body fat %, water % and muslce %. I use it for my weigh in ever week...well, every day, because I'm a compulsive weigher, but I only take my "official" weight on Fridays.

Select User CP in the upper left hand corner. Also, I belive Wuv's open post has the links with the instructions to create it.
Yep found it after I posted.....lesson learned.........search first then ask! Thank you.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #142  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Two great feelings lately. Rode on the back of a Harle the other day. It's been at least 46 #s since the last time and I wAs amazed at how comfy the seat felt, roomy and I wasn't in pain. Wow! I nearly cried with joy!

Today I went on a 2 hr trail ride in beautiful Middleburg, VA with lots of trotting and cantering. My horse used to struggle cantering carrying me. It was so much fun today. I definitely feel more athletic. I can't wait to see how my riding improves when I've dropped another 20 and then when I reach goal. This is one of the best days of my life.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the good wishes - they worked! Another 4.6 gone this week for a total of 29.4 since March 1. I reached my first goal - for the first time in, oh, at least 20 years, I'm under 300 pounds!!!

Wooo-freakin- hooooo!!!

So excited. So very excited. I cried. Then I hugged my coach. Then I vowed to get a new scale because the one we have at home is so far off the clinic's.

So couldn't have been better timing in posting those scales - thanks!

Congrats to all on what seems to be a good day!

PS my friend who's also doing IP (and introduced me to it) hit the 50lb mark today. She's been OP since January 4. This freakin works!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Wow, 75 lbs that's great!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #145  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Dana,

I became become 100% OP immediately after WI 5. My weight started dropping within 2 days. However, prior to that I had diet tonic when my friends and hubby were having wine and now and then I'd have vodka in it. Didn't realize just how bad and self defeating that was. No wonder I had 2 weeks of gains. I also had a fair amount of beef (Big mac in a bowl for lunch and steaks at night).

Decided to get totally on program and after reading Dr. Chanh's book (same time as WI 5) I was totally determined to do this as correctly as possible. I'm only cheating myself to do otherwise. He really means "lean" protein in his book.

Chloe
Thanks Chloe. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Has anyone bought one of those home-use body fat evaluators? My clinic charges $15 per month to use their computer thingy after the first month, and the one for home use costs about $30 - we're not willing to pay $15 per month for two of us, but I would like to be sure we're losing fat and not muscle. Also, at what point is it safe to start doing some light strength training? I'm thinking resistance bands, possibly some 2-3 pound weights, etc. Possibly the EA Active 6 week challenge on the easiest setting.
My coach has a machine in her office. If you are past the first three weeks I think you would be able to do some strength training. However don't go longer than than an hour and make sure you have 1/2 a IP packet before your workout and the remaining 1/2 packet right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Are you getting the Collagen Hydrolysate or the Gelatin type???
I bought the gelatin because that's what they had on Amazon, but it was the hydrolysate that was recommended to me. However the Great Lakes website says both collagens will do the same job, but the gelatin will only mix in warm foods and hydrolysate will mix in warm or cold foods. I will order the hydrolysate next time from the company's website since I often put it into my cold vanilla pudding shake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
We chatted before about this when I fell into the trap of eating only white meat and my weight loss stalled for weeks. I was just wondering today how your daughter has done. I remember then you were advising her to get more variety in protein choices too.

Pat
I thought that was my daughter's issue too, so she added in some meat, but still couldn't get the scale to go down any further. If you remember she also tried the two restricteds one day, and nothing the next day. Lost a pound, but no more. In the end she said, "I weigh 105 pounds, and my body fat is 17%... I'm done!" Today she started phase 3 and is one happy camper. She is back to chicken all of the time, she's addicted. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyellow View Post
Hello,

I am doing a month of nutrisystem, have lost 5 lbs in 10 days, but I think I am going to switch to Ideal protein when I am done. My sister is on it, and her weight loss is phenomenal~ I was hoping to get some feed back on the diet. I have read and seen some results on here, AMAZING!! getting my motivated and pumped!!

Thanks!
Bonnie
Best diet I have ever been on. I don't think you will be sorry, and it will fun to do it with your sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanttolose View Post
I spent the day in a mall with my mother today shopping for clothes for her. It struck me while in a Reitmans that the next time I buys clothes I will no longer be in the +sizes. I started to actually look into regular clothing stores for the first time in ages.

I wonder how you all manage your wardrobe while losing weight. I feel like I shouldn't buy any clothes until I've reached my goal, but then I'd have nothing to wear in the meantime. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!
I only buy what I absolutly need. At one point I was down to one pair of jeans and a few t-shirts (I don't work outside of my home). Now even some of my shoes are too big. Keep your wardrobe down to a minimum as your clothes sizes will change pretty fast and it can be pretty expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Regarding muscle, my understanding is that as we gain weight we gain muscle to carry our extra weight. Some will lose muscle as they lose weight but that is sometimes because it is no longer need it.

Not sure if I made sense and I don't think this is true for everyone. Doc told this to my DH I guess to prepare him for possible muscle loss.

IP protects muscle. It was designed for athletes.
That's true. Many of us who were really overweight have extra muscle mass, and we will loose some of that, totally normal and to be expected. However for me I'm not loosing enough body fat. It's that fat that will cause the extra skin. For me personally I'm trying to gain back SOME of that muscle lost and loose that stubborn body fat. The diet was designed for athletes, who were I'm thinking maintaining their muscle mass due to their exercise routine that was already in place.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #146  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the good wishes - they worked! Another 4.6 gone this week for a total of 29.4 since March 1. I reached my first goal - for the first time in, oh, at least 20 years, I'm under 300 pounds!!!

Wooo-freakin- hooooo!!!

So excited. So very excited. I cried. Then I hugged my coach. Then I vowed to get a new scale because the one we have at home is so far off the clinic's.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shel50 View Post
WI#4 Today - minus 1lb. Not what I had hoped. :-( Need to get under the 170 mark - my goal for the next week. Tried making the Kale Chips last night - they are great!
Any loss os a good loss...those "one pounds add up, lol. Keep pushing ahead and you will be there before you know it!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I just ordered this yesterday! It will be delivered this Thursday.

I also ordered the Great Lakes collagen...going to use it in my shakes.

Very busy day today! Didn't get home from soccer until late and ate dinner at 7pm. Trying to relax by doing my evening ritual of reading posts from the day.

Have a great evening all!
This is the same scale my office uses, it even tells you your current "age" according to all the numbers you have.....I have also considered getting the Great Lakes Collagen.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Dana, i sent for collegan too but from a Canadian source. There was two kinds. One was a geletin and I just got a notice that they won't ship it until they are sure the temp won't go below freezing while it's on its way. You daughter is at 17% fat? That is awesome. No wonder her body didn't want to give up anymore pounds. Good for her! And chicken is great for maintaining.

Last edited by patns; 03-27-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #150  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Two great feelings lately. Rode on the back of a Harle the other day. It's been at least 46 #s since the last time and I wAs amazed at how comfy the seat felt, roomy and I wasn't in pain. Wow! I nearly cried with joy!

Today I went on a 2 hr trail ride in beautiful Middleburg, VA with lots of trotting and cantering. My horse used to struggle cantering carrying me. It was so much fun today. I definitely feel more athletic. I can't wait to see how my riding improves when I've dropped another 20 and then when I reach goal. This is one of the best days of my life.
Aren't horses the best. I am waiting 19 more pounds before I ride my gelding, Too Tall, have. Even doing lots of ground work though.
Closed Thread