3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255691-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-3-27-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 03-27-2012 01:10 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/27/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

carolirish 03-27-2012 03:32 AM

Good morning all. last night I used Walden farms PB. Mix with soya sauce and garlic. Add to stir fried chicken, mushrooms and beansprouts for a delicious satay. The PB makes a great base for a creamy sauce.
It's a sunny morning here in the Netherlands.

3sisters 03-27-2012 06:47 AM

Good Morning! For those of you who have been very successful and careful about staying OP, what is your feeling on having some of the allowable dinner protein (ie chicken etc) added to lunch? I'd like to add a little chicken to my lunchtime salad (I also have an IP choc drink) and not have as large of a portion at dinner. I don't want to do anything to sabotage my loss but couldn't think how adding a little protein to lunch would hurt. Also - discovered a great afternoon pick me up - I take leftover morning coffee with me to work, add a couple packets of Splenda, 1 oz skim milk (don't have it in the morning coffe), lots of ice, shake and have a yummy iced coffee mid-day.

W1 (10 days) - 13lbs! W2 -

shiipa 03-27-2012 06:52 AM

Good Morning all. I just signed up for Ideal to Go. I'm excited to order my stuff from the comfort of my couch. LOL
Have a great day!!!!

shiipa 03-27-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolirish (Post 4268895)
Good morning all. last night I used Walden farms PB. Mix with soya sauce and garlic. Add to stir fried chicken, mushrooms and beansprouts for a delicious satay. The PB makes a great base for a creamy sauce.
It's a sunny morning here in the Netherlands.

yummy!!!

Cadu 03-27-2012 07:04 AM

Happy Tuesday everybody!

I got a little cold so feeling a bit under the weather, but this will pass. I hope everyone has a great day! Stay OP today !!!!!!!!!

Sewmam 03-27-2012 07:34 AM

Good morning everybody!

3sisters - I'm thinking it is just fine to spread out the protein. When they switched from 5oz to 8oz, I found that was too much at one time, so in the afternoon, if I was wanting to munch or cheat, I had a little of chicken and that seemed to work. My coach said that was okay.

Cadu - hope you feel better...

Carolirish - I've made a similar peanut sauce - it's pretty good. I think I added some grated ginger too. Creative sauces really made this diet more tolerable, for me.

Today I will make my first Phase 4 dinner, of chili. Will continue working on projects around the house, get my exercise in and go pick up a little freezer I just ordered. I have found that making batches of dishes and freezing the portions that I am allowed really works well for me. No matter how crappy I feel on a given day, I can pull out one of these soups or cooked meats or whatever, and know that I won't cheat out of frustration. No measuring to overdue in a moment of patheticness.

I hope everyone has a perfectly splendid day!

rissimo 03-27-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 4268951)
Good Morning! For those of you who have been very successful and careful about staying OP, what is your feeling on having some of the allowable dinner protein (ie chicken etc) added to lunch? I'd like to add a little chicken to my lunchtime salad (I also have an IP choc drink) and not have as large of a portion at dinner. I don't want to do anything to sabotage my loss but couldn't think how adding a little protein to lunch would hurt. Also - discovered a great afternoon pick me up - I take leftover morning coffee with me to work, add a couple packets of Splenda, 1 oz skim milk (don't have it in the morning coffe), lots of ice, shake and have a yummy iced coffee mid-day.

Breaking up your protein will not harm anything. I have done it many times. As long as you are getting you daily recommend amount in everything is fine.

rissimo 03-27-2012 08:05 AM

Wi#19

Good Morning Ipeeps:

What a BEAUTIFUL Morning here in Tennessee. I loved looking at the sunrise as I was driving in this morning. It's a little chilly, but it is supposed to be in the high 70's today. Wish I was off so I could go bask in the sunshine for awhile.

Well today was WI#19 and another 1.2 pounds are gone!!!!! I only have 29 more pounds to go....WOOHOO!!:dance:We'll see how I feel when I reach 140 and see how I look. Doc thinks that I will look too thin and that I may not feel too good if I go down to 130, but if I feel good and don't look too thin at 140 I can go ahead and try for another 5-10 pounds.

Congratulations on the losses so far and good luck to those that still have to weigh in. Welcome to all the newbies, you have made the best decision of your life by choosing this plan.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!!

mtnsun4 03-27-2012 08:38 AM

Good morning everyone! Love coming here first thing in the morning and finding such great posts! Everyone is so successful, and usually in a very good mood! :) I finally have started to brave eating some salads at lunch.....I normally do not eat many salads but this week I bought some lettuce and spinach, along with two kinds of mushrooms and had an excellent salad for lunch. Have a good day!

Chloe222 03-27-2012 08:52 AM

Good morning all,
CarolIrish - your chicken satay recipe sounds truly tasty - hope to make it later this week! Any more simple phase 1 recipes like that?
3sisters - I split my proteins between lunch and dinner, typically 2 oz. at lunch, 6 oz. at dinner. However, if I'm having a hungry day, I'll have another 2 oz. mid afternoon. I always have 2 oz. portions of lean protein handy. This is key. The way I do that is that once a week I take a pound of extra lean ground turkey breast and make 8 little patties, cook them up and freeze all in a zip lock bag. Mid afternoon, if needed, I take a 2 oz patty, heat it, eat it. This has been so helpful for me (I did it yesterday). I ALWAYS make sure I account for the protein at dinner.
Shiipa - pretty exciting to have the world of IP choices available to you, and from the comfort of your couch! Nice!
Cadu - Hope you feel better soon. Rest up and they always say, have plenty of water - you have that one covered!
Sewmam - Really smart idea to have prepackaged, single serve portions already made - just waiting for you. My 2 oz turkey patties are made for this reason - always something I can grab and I have absolutely no excuses for not staying OP.

Well, I had my 7th WI this morning and down another 2.5 lbs. Love this diet!

Have a great day!
Chloe

carolirish 03-27-2012 09:09 AM

Chloe, I made the Donair meat recipe that is on the boards here, I think it was posted by Rissimo. I made it Sunday and finished it today with a salad and WF ranch dressing. My husband loved it too. It's great. I've just started experimenting. There are lots of recipes on this site. I went through a few pages and cut and pasted some onto a word document. I'm going to try the meat loaf next weekend. I'm a fan of stir fried shrimp, sliced cucumber and WF BBQ sauce.

Ducksmy 03-27-2012 09:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
Cadu feel better sweetie! Take care of yourself! Pollen is really bad here, lots of stuffy noses!
Rissimo your pictures just keep getting more fabulous! Beautiful!
Good luck with all the WI's and such today!
Grab Tuesday by the tail and kick it's butt OP style! :jig:

IPdivajen 03-27-2012 09:23 AM

Morning, all! After a few weeks of beautiful summer like weather we're back to freezing here! Had to pull my winter coat out again. Not cool!

Tonight is WI number 4 and I'm nervous. I really want to hit my first goal (get under 300) and I need 3.5lbs to just squeak by, 4.5 to hit the 29 total pound mark. Gulp. I'm hoping it will be okay but I really need to stop getting on the scale at home 'cause it messes with my head! Gah. Fingers crossed!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

DanafromAustin 03-27-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 4268951)

There are many days that I eat some of my dinner protein at lunch time. It's generally 3 oz at lunch time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4268964)
Happy Tuesday everybody!

I got a little cold so feeling a bit under the weather, but this will pass. I hope everyone has a great day! Stay OP today !!!!!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.