Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #1  
Carrielee

S/C/G: 227/190/160

Height: 5'3"

Default So close..!

I am about 16lbs away from my goal and i have been having a rough time staying on program.. I was considering trying another two weeks on IP phase 1 and if i still cannot be as dedicated as i should maybe I would try the alternative program or just phase off and come back again in a couple months if need be.. I am also really anxious to get back to the gym... suggestions? That yogurt and fruit on the alternative plan are soooo apppealing!!
Carrielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

when you go into phase 3 you get that for breakfast!!....go back to the gym but take it easy and make sure you eat 1/2 a protein before and after your work out. Don't push yourself too hard, if this will keep you focused OP then do it. You can do the last 16lbs, hang in there...bite the bullet!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #3  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

someone just mentioned to me that maybe I should do the "alternative" plan the other day and I was like no I can stick with what I'm doing but what is the alternative plan? I have been off the board for a few weeks but just wondering what I may have missed
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

hhere ya go
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 1.pdf (1.77 MB, 31 views)
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It is a plan fotr type 1 diabetics.

I would return to the gym. You are well adapted to ketosis and should have no issues. I never stopped!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #6  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the info ladies! I am diabetic but my Dr. seemed to think I would be fine on just strait IP But wanted to check out the alternative to see what it's all about! Thanks again!
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post
I am about 16lbs away from my goal and i have been having a rough time staying on program.. I was considering trying another two weeks on IP phase 1 and if i still cannot be as dedicated as i should maybe I would try the alternative program or just phase off and come back again in a couple months if need be.. I am also really anxious to get back to the gym... suggestions? That yogurt and fruit on the alternative plan are soooo apppealing!!
Congrats on being so close to goal! I know how it feels to be so close I am 8 pounds away. I was wondering if you are starting to slow down on your weight loss? I feel like the last couple weeks have been WAY below par I would like to see what you have to say about your loss the last few weeks! I would like to hear from the maintainers about how the last few weeks were for them. Did you still loose your average or did it drop?

Last edited by kneurohr; 03-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.
kneurohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneurohr View Post
Congrats on being so close to goal! I know how it feels to be so close I am 8 pounds away. I was wondering if you are starting to slow down on your weight loss? I feel like the last couple weeks have been WAY below par I would like to see what you have to say about your loss the last few weeks! I would like to hear from the maintainers about how the last few weeks were for them. Did you still loose your average or did it drop?

When to phase off is not written in stone, certainly not by the IP folks. I just started maintenance this week, and the last couple of months on Phase 1 were definitely slower. No matter what I did, no cheats, no restricted, some restricted, etc., it felt like my body was saying 'enough.' That, and going to a plastic surgeon who told me I had a good 20 pds of excess skin, convinced me it was time to phase off. With exercise and strength training, I hope to get rid of at least some of the skin. My adjusted weight does put me into a healthy BMI.

Good luck - you've done amazing work !!! You must be so proud of yourself!

I'm in Monticello ! Small world, eh?
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I have come off phase 1 for a vacation when I was 10 lbs from goal. IT IS SO HARD to go back. In fact, I never did until now. It took a year and 15 lbs gain to recommit myself. If your weight loss is slowing that may be a different story. If not, just keep your eyes on your goal! GL!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrielee View Post
I completely know how you feel. I've been struggling the past two weeks to stay on P1 (no cheating, just so done). I've been wanting to move to P2 but after some help and encouragement from this site I've been able to stick it out two more weeks...BUT, if you're mentally done I would recommend moving on with the process and go to P2. That may be a better strategy for you than completely cheating and ruining all the great work you've done so far. And it's not like you'll never lose again. There's a great chance you'll lose in P2 and P3. Plus I know you can continue to lose inches even if the weight stops coming off in maintenance. So, if you're done and know you're done it may be better to move on than to sabotage your work! Be well!

OH check out the stickies for "Life after Phase 1", Life after Phase 1 part 2, life after phase 1 the sequel...they go on and on. TONS of information from P2 - P4 "experts"!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 03-27-2012 at 07:33 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #11  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Height: 5'4"

Go back to the gym! If you excercised before IP you should be able to work back up to where you were in no time. It might be the added push you need. I only took 2 weeks off and went right back to 5 days a week. If you feel "techy" add an eggwhite or extra packet. Don't give up. These last 10 lbs are the hardest.
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
someone just mentioned to me that maybe I should do the "alternative" plan the other day and I was like no I can stick with what I'm doing but what is the alternative plan? I have been off the board for a few weeks but just wondering what I may have missed
There can be some confusion between the "alternative IP plan and people who are using alternative products. They are two different things. The IP alternative plan is usually followed by people who have medical issues such as diabetes I think.It uses IP products.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote