Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #136  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
You are officially in ketosis If it goes to large (darkest color) make sure to drink more water. Drinking more water when it is moderate is a good idea, too.
Thank you SomedayBubblySomeday for answering my question It's good to know all this hard work has put me where I need to be. I would hate to think that I wasn't in ketosis after almost 3 weeks of being 100% OP. Thanks again for the support
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

you are right Pat and happyme
The last few days was difficult now I"ve made it even worse and I feel badly for it. Don't know what it is. I was putting too much emphasis on what the scale did and did not say and it got to me.
while it may have kicked me out of ketosis and set me back a few days I'm still determined to do this! I'm not giving up.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

I lost .5 lbs and 2 inches at WI2. Very excited especially since I cheated Sat night (1st and last cheat). So happy for this blog because I don't get any feedback from my coach. Weigh in, quickly measure and what do u need. That's ok - like I said - feel so blessed to have this site for support and so much information here!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

I understand how u are feeling. I felt so guilty for cheating on Sat evening. All you can do is look forward, lesson learned. I think about taking 2 days to get back into ketosis, what a waste. Just remind yourself next time u think about cheating, it's just going to take that much longer to get to goal.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #140  
INACTIVE

Here is the delicious stuffed pepper I made tonight! I weighed the pepper earlier today and it was 1 1/2 cups, so I kept my lunch veggie to a cup. I used another 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, 4.5 oz bison, a package of miracle rice, some WF marinara, chopped garlic, chili powder & onion powder. I boiled the pepper while cooking the meat and mushrooms, stuffed it and baked it @ 400 for 30 minutes. I sprinkled some Land O'Lakes sour cream & onion over the top when I put it on my plate to eat. It was very close to the real thing! This was my first try with miracle rice and I will definitely be buying more!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuffedpepper1.jpg (55.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Here is the delicious stuffed pepper I made tonight! I weighed the pepper earlier today and it was 1 1/2 cups, so I kept my lunch veggie to a cup. I used another 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, 4.5 oz bison, a package of miracle rice, some WF marinara, chopped garlic, chili powder & onion powder. I boiled the pepper while cooking the meat and mushrooms, stuffed it and baked it @ 400 for 30 minutes. I sprinkled some Land O'Lakes sour cream & onion over the top when I put it on my plate to eat. It was very close to the real thing! This was my first try with miracle rice and I will definitely be buying more!
Can you buy miracle rice locally or do you have to order? This looks yummy!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #142  
INACTIVE

I had to buy it online from netrition.com--it was $2.79 per package. It's also available on amazon.com. Be prepared that it smells really fishy when you open it, so you have to rinse it for a few minutes and then blanch for a minute or two in boiling water (I turned the heat off when I added it to the water and just let it sit). Then, it will take on the taste of whatever you cook it in.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
Don't let yourself get too down about it, but realize you may be out of ketosis from the carbs in 7 restricted packets. Put it out of your mind and get back to it. None of us have the right to judge you, I personally believe we all have some sort of self-control issue or none of us would be overweight and on Ideal Protein to begin with. Allow yourself a clean slate, sounds like you're doing great otherwise!!! Chin up girl!
VERY WELL SAID!!! We're all in this together, let the person living in the glass house throw the first rock - we all got here from binging and over eating. Lets have some compassion here, we all make mistakes! For me, its about control. I've let food control me for too long and now I CONTROL FOOD not the other way around. When I want to reach in for "one more" bar or soy puffs, I say to myself...."what is really going on here? Am I sad? Upset? Lonely? Angry?" I will not feed my soul with food anymore. Hang in there, forgive yourself, shake yourself off and start again fresh tomorrow. Every day is fresh and new with no mistakes in it yet.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

On my 10th day of IP. I will weigh in with my coach only once per month because I am 1.5 hours away from city so I find this forum very helpful for me. I weigh and measure myself once a week and call in my results to my coach. I started at 205 and an now at 198.2. My goal is 165. Happy to have you all in this with me. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

Height: 5'9"

Does any use capella drops or know if they are allowed in the shakes? I used them on Medifast and thought they were good but I wasn't sure if IP allowed them ~ Tammy

http://capellaflavordrops.com/
Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #146  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
VERY WELL SAID!!! We're all in this together, let the person living in the glass house throw the first rock - we all got here from binging and over eating. Lets have some compassion here, we all make mistakes! For me, its about control. I've let food control me for too long and now I CONTROL FOOD not the other way around. When I want to reach in for "one more" bar or soy puffs, I say to myself...."what is really going on here? Am I sad? Upset? Lonely? Angry?" I will not feed my soul with food anymore. Hang in there, forgive yourself, shake yourself off and start again fresh tomorrow. Every day is fresh and new with no mistakes in it yet.
Thank you for your timely words, mompattie. This spoke to my heart and even created a few tears in my eyes. Yes, you nailed it. This is another set of words I will print out and keep handy. I totally wasn't thinking NOR was I on-guard. These packets were in my car as I drove home from my WI - and it's been a tough week - which I don't think I really acknowledged. Yes, I'm probably out of ketosis - and maybe it's good to see the consequences of my behavior so it will stick in my head better next time to BE CAREFUL! My bad habits are still lurking around the corner.... Thanks again. I needed this.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #147  

...and tenniels thank you too. I was feeling pretty regretful! Appreciate the encouragement more than I can express...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBeller View Post
I understand how u are feeling. I felt so guilty for cheating on Sat evening. All you can do is look forward, lesson learned. I think about taking 2 days to get back into ketosis, what a waste. Just remind yourself next time u think about cheating, it's just going to take that much longer to get to goal.
You are so right, TFBeller! Thank you for the kind words. I felt totally caught off guard. But, I guess I did give myself permission to stray and have that 2nd packet - which threw in the towel - so to speak!

Does anybody know how many carbs actually throw us out of ketosis? I keep track of all my food through myfitnesspal so I see the carb total show up! (It also amazes me - when I'm OP - how little calories I eat and still don't feel hungry - which has been a Godsend!). So hang in there, newbies. Getting to ketosis is awesome!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone... i can't believe week three for me is flying by. My scale broke about three days ago, what a cliche, huh? lol But, seriously i think i was weighing myself too much so it was God telling me to stop it already! It was a crappy scale anyways. I am wondering what kind of scale everyone uses and where'd ya get it?

Also, what kind of scale your using to weigh food?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
Thank you for your timely words, mompattie. This spoke to my heart and even created a few tears in my eyes. Yes, you nailed it. This is another set of words I will print out and keep handy. I totally wasn't thinking NOR was I on-guard. These packets were in my car as I drove home from my WI - and it's been a tough week - which I don't think I really acknowledged. Yes, I'm probably out of ketosis - and maybe it's good to see the consequences of my behavior so it will stick in my head better next time to BE CAREFUL! My bad habits are still lurking around the corner.... Thanks again. I needed this.
Anytime! We're here for each other and one day it will be my turn for a "boost" from you guys! You're doing awesome!!! Tomorrow is a new day!! HUGS!
Closed Thread