Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I had to buy it online from netrition.com--it was $2.79 per package. It's also available on amazon.com. Be prepared that it smells really fishy when you open it, so you have to rinse it for a few minutes and then blanch for a minute or two in boiling water (I turned the heat off when I added it to the water and just let it sit). Then, it will take on the taste of whatever you cook it in.
Thank you. I have eaten the tofu noodles, and dont mind the smell....as long as it fills the noodle need...: )
Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #152  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 View Post
I had kind of a stupid question. I few years ago i had stage 3 cervical cancer. I survived, obviously, but the surgeries and treatments (chemo/radiation) took a toll on my body. It pushed me into a VERY early menopause, i'm only 39 and am in post menopause.

I have been steadily losing weight each week, but i wonder if having almost nothing for a metabolism hurts me. I cannot take prescribed hormones because its a danger to me for reoccurrence. However, i was wondering if anyone knows a natural supplement that might help me. Im taking all the vitamins my coach gave me, but i'm scared i may plateau because of my lousy metabolism.
I can relate to your worries as I had the same concerns. A year ago I had endometrial cancer and had to have a complete hysterectomy. I was also worried that being post menopausal would hurt my weight loss as nothing I tried would work. My coach assured me that this diet works just as well for those of us who are pre-menopausal or post-menopausal. I have to agree with her as I have lost 55 pounds in 17 weeks. My average weight loss is now 3.25 pounds per week which is the average on IP. A couple of times I only lost 1 pound in a week, but the week after I would have a good weight loss. As long as you are loosing each week, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
You are so right, TFBeller! Thank you for the kind words. I felt totally caught off guard. But, I guess I did give myself permission to stray and have that 2nd packet - which threw in the towel - so to speak!

Does anybody know how many carbs actually throw us out of ketosis? I keep track of all my food through myfitnesspal so I see the carb total show up! (It also amazes me - when I'm OP - how little calories I eat and still don't feel hungry - which has been a Godsend!). So hang in there, newbies. Getting to ketosis is awesome!
It depends on each person...some can go up to 50 g of carbs and still be in ketosis.

I expect anything over 100 will definitely stop ketosis. But tomorrow is another day and you just need to put this behind you and get back op.

I find the puddings made into shakes way more filling than the snack foods...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #154  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just for the record, those of you who think I said something out of line don't know me. When I speak on this board it is honest and from the heart. If you are NOT committed to the program then that is on you. I have been 100% committed to this program for 7 months. I have NOT CHEATED at all, that means no licks, taste, nibbles or sips of ANYTHING that I am not suppose to have.I have NEVER once said I lived glass house.....MY HOUSE (journey)has ALWAYS been open for EVERYONE to see. I HAVE NEVER EVER JUDGED anyone, and if me saying what I did offended anyone I am sorry but it is the truth.

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me. I have always giving support and kind words NEVER ever will I say something negative!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-18-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #155  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Just for the record, those of you who think I said something out of line don't know me. When I speak on this board it is honest and from the heart. If you are NOT committed to the program then that is on you. I have been 100% committed to this program for 7 months. I have NOT CHEATED at all, that means no licks, taste, nibbles or sips of ANYTHING that I am not suppose to have.I have NEVER once said I lived glass house.....MY HOUSE (journey)has ALWAYS been open for EVERYONE to see. I HAVE NEVER EVER JUDGED anyone, and if me saying what I did offended anyone I am sorry but it is the truth.

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me.
I totally don't think anything you said was horrible by any means. People need to be held accountable for their actions regardless of what they are. If you don't want people to hold you responsible, then don't post it on the ~internet~. Definitely got your back!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me.
LIKE BUTTON! Don't even think about not being a part of these threads Lisa! Your experience and knowledge is invaluable to me and a lot of other people. I applaud your 7 months and I know you will continue your journey to the end!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #157  

I agree wuv. You have an excellent perspective that is very helpful. Ip definitely works when you embrace the "rules"! Please keep offering your thoughts!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #158  

Height: 5' 4.5"

[QUOTE=LaLibE;4178111]
Quote:

Sounds like you have had a rough day

I would recommend you probably not buy the restricted items next time, or only buy one or two as a treat. Talk to your coach, they are there to help
[QUOTE=Pamelama;4178138]
Quote:

Speaking from experience,Prednisone is a b****, you know what I mean. I need it to breathe sometimes. It's one of those necessary evils. Unfortunately it reeks havoc with your blood sugar and causes major appetite increase & cravings. Hang in there! Today is a new start!
Thanks, Pamelama - I'm better now thankfully - Yes, breathing sounds like a pretty good option. I had walking pneumonia. I saw someone else post that they may have it too. Yes, I will start over tomorrow. I made it through the rest of the day - and did not return to the binge so that is good. Thanks for your support!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me. I have always giving support and kind words NEVER ever will I say something negative!
Hey Wuv, please don't stop giving advice, I need your guidance!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #160  

Quote:

Wuv - I didn't view it as being judgemental... Please know that! I need to realize that is not the "normal healthy eating goal" I am shooting for...so it's good to have different reactions to wake me up and thrust me into being more committed. I admire how far you have come...and that's my goal too!

I don't want to be playing around anymore with my program. I need this. I need my life to change. I need to be a good mom...and a good "me"! I need to be aware and not close my eyes to what is detrimental or make excuses either. I do appreciate everyone's reaction to my comments. I needed the shock factor as well as the encouragement to get back going! This is what is good about forums, right? Thank you all for your responses! I will take it and grow from it! (But yes, I felt like I had to share that awful ugliness of my day to get passed it and recommit)...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #161  

P.S. Also, I think we need to give eachother an enormous measure of grace. One bad thing about forums is that we don't truly hear the tone in how things are said - so it's easy to misinterpret a person's motives. We are hear to help eachother, right? Love to you all....
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #162  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Wuv-I need some advice-or anyone else!

My dh had joined me in ip but won't go see the coach. I am currently giving him 5 packets a day plus the veggies, supplements and 8oz protein.

He is about 260 and 6'. He is very active, at the gym or playing hockey most days.

He is losing nicely now.

Is this too much food? Too little? My thought is to stick to 5 until he stops losing and then drop to 4.
I think he would be ok with 4 packets and upping his protein to 10oz for dinner. I remember Wayward having to do that since he is so active and it seemed to work for him. I know Wayward bought the EAS carb control drinks for his "4th" packet to cut some of the cost down, so you might try that.

Quote:
Wuv - I didn't view it as being judgemental... Please know that! I need to realize that is not the "normal healthy eating goal" I am shooting for...so it's good to have different reactions to wake me up and thrust me into being more committed. I admire how far you have come...and that's my goal too!

I don't want to be playing around anymore with my program. I need this. I need my life to change. I need to be a good mom...and a good "me"! I need to be aware and not close my eyes to what is detrimental or make excuses either. I do appreciate everyone's reaction to my comments. I needed the shock factor as well as the encouragement to get back going! This is what is good about forums, right? Thank you all for your responses! I will take it and grow from it! (But yes, I felt like I had to share that awful ugliness of my day to get passed it and recommit)...
I just wanted to make sure because it sure seem that a few people thought that is what I did.

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-18-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
It depends on each person...some can go up to 50 g of carbs and still be in ketosis.

I expect anything over 100 will definitely stop ketosis. But tomorrow is another day and you just need to put this behind you and get back op.

I find the puddings made into shakes way more filling than the snack foods...
Thanks for the education on this. I am sitting at 106 carbs - not that I intend to ever push the limit again or stray from the program. Felt yucky tonight and guilt about getting caught up in that sugar and wasting all my hard work AND money!

Does anyone just NOT do the bars or puffs? Just makes me wonder if the sweet taste can be a sweet tooth trigger. I will intend on buying just one - if I even buy just one - next time. I think I'll be a cereal and pudding woman for awhile !
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #164  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Thanks for the education on this. I am sitting at 106 carbs - not that I intend to ever push the limit again or stray from the program. Felt yucky tonight and guilt about getting caught up in that sugar and wasting all my hard work AND money!

Does anyone just NOT do the bars or puffs? Just makes me wonder if the sweet taste can be a sweet tooth trigger. I will intend on buying just one - if I even buy just one - next time. I think I'll be a cereal and pudding woman for awhile !
I enjoy the puffs or bars. It's something nice to wake up. Something I look forward too. Then I'm eating as soon as I get up... And if you feel that you have a sweet tooth. Try the chocolate mix drink. That is my savior!!

As far a Lisa living in a glass house. I would have to say that I would have to he her roommate. That woman as helped me more than anyone other than my mother... I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the late night texts. Or chats on FB....
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #165  

I normally have no bars or puffs. Mainly puddings (as shakes) and soups. I used to have the omlette, but I am tired of it. I do also like the cereal, but don't find it filling enough.

I like the soups and it makes lunch seem like a regular, filling meal with soup and salad.

I do keep a bar in my car for emergencies!
Closed Thread