Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #61  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! So, my sister and I scored some restricted packets from a friend. Yesterday we made chili and fixed some zucchini as "fries". It was so good!! We were both scared to try turnips, lol. I was so full after eating that and stayed full for a long time after.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. Another busy weekend is almost over! My weight is all over the place. Up and down....I know, don't weigh everyday...but I'm still sticking with it. I never thought getting rid of the last 13 would be the hard part! I'm about getting to that, "I'm over this" stage but no matter how ready I am to move on, I'm scared to death. I am going to do some homework and then will hopefully have some time to plan some phase 3 and phase 4 meals later on so I'm not so worried. Those of you who post on this thread and do phase 2, what are you eating? I am going to start going phase 2 on the weekends to see if I wake my body back up. I haven't stalled but I'm considerably slowing down. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #63  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning everyone. Another busy weekend is almost over! My weight is all over the place. Up and down....I know, don't weigh everyday...but I'm still sticking with it. I never thought getting rid of the last 13 would be the hard part! I'm about getting to that, "I'm over this" stage but no matter how ready I am to move on, I'm scared to death. I am going to do some homework and then will hopefully have some time to plan some phase 3 and phase 4 meals later on so I'm not so worried. Those of you who post on this thread and do phase 2, what are you eating? I am going to start going phase 2 on the weekends to see if I wake my body back up. I haven't stalled but I'm considerably slowing down. Thanks for the help!
I have been doing Phase 2 for 3 weeks. I was just as scared as you when I began..plus I did not want to give up my routine of enjoying my packets.
I have been eating only unrestricted packets for Phase 2..in fact the same thing as I having enough trouble getting both lunch and dinner made. I eat an omelette or crispy cereal pancake for breakfast..and then have a pudding snack...later.
I could not face eating the same thing for lunch and dinner..so for lunches I had tuna, turkey burger, leftover chicken or fish.
I would keep whatever you liked the best..you are only changing one meal.
Good luck.

Last edited by Maile; 10-23-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello All,,

So proud of you 2Ride!

Ok. I know it is great to lose the weight and this plan is the only plan that worked for me. However, it has been hard on my body in other ways, you know the bic "C" that never in my life I had before, then the old hemorroids that were only part of my life 27 yrs ago after delivering an 11 lb baby, now, well yesterday, woke up several times the night before with charlie horses (absent from my life since ended competitive swimming over 25 yrs ago) and also a raging UTI. Can't get to doctor until monday (hope I can get in), I am miserable, taking cranberry tablets and AZ0. So, I do think this plan truly is for a shorter term. I think I am going to phase off starting next week.
Going to Olive Garden today for nieces birthday, I looked at their menu and read some blogs. I can make that work. phewwww.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #65  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hello all, I have been out of town since Wednesday arrived home late last night, was up bright and early (630) to go to a dog agility trial with my two dogs, only one competes... she was such a good red dog today... she had fun and was clean on the first run (gamble) but over time and she qualified and placed 2nd in the second run (snooker) then I brought the girls home and went back to help out my friend who is the trial secretary. Tomrrow I am going to have a little sleep in and take the girls for a walk before going to the trial as Red dog has 3 runs tomorrow... It feels so good being able to run beside her and not panting at the end of the run...

I am very excited 2 days and I get to have breakfast with real food instead of a packet. (starting phase 3) Don't worry all you will all be here soon. Wasn't happy about this at first but something happened this week, it just clicked and yes I am not at my goal but I will get there and I am happy to be phaseing off after 9 months and 90 lbs. I went out and bought some breakfast items tonight after agility. Wandered around the store looking for some good fruit and just didn't find anything I wanted to eat yet... maybe monday after my wi I will try again, have to have some for Tuesday.

NSV - so our club have club jackets I have a xl and now with two hoodies and a t shirt it looks so big on me... so I tried on my friend's coat didn't think it would fit but it did with my 2 hoodies on.. and guess what? it was a small, I have never been a small before.
You know it is funny but I was telling my other friend about it and she said "Joanne you are the same size as Brandy now" I guess I must be, I just still feel all the weight still here all invisible but here. We lose so fast on this great diet our minds play tricks on us. I even tried shopping while I was out of town and I would walk into a "normal" store and think people were looking at me thinking why am I in this store... I know I can fit into size 8 but it still scares me to grab a pair of jeans in a real store and try it on... will try again another day, and another and another until I am comfortable going in and grabbing something I know will fit me.

Cat - Big Hug and congrats to you on 50lbs, you go Girl. and I agree with everything you said.

Mom3 - measuring... it appears this is done differently every where too. My friend who did IP and in on maintenance, her coach seemed more accurate that mine. She measures neck, shoulders, bust, ribcage, waist, hips, thigh, calve, ankles, and bicep.

To all you wonderful people working through IP and your weekend, have a great day tomorrow.. I love every minute I get to play with my red dog, and my old girl Jewel... Hope you all find the same joy with your loved ones.

Here is to all the wonderfull nsvs, and svs...
Joanne..Wonderful news on the 90 pound loss!!! You are starting Phase 3 just about the same time as I am..in a couple days.
I have the same reaction about size 8..each time I try one on, I think I will not fit it..That is great about fitting a size small.
I like your comment about invisible fat..still being there..very true...
Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #66  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello All,,

So proud of you 2Ride!

Ok. I know it is great to lose the weight and this plan is the only plan that worked for me. However, it has been hard on my body in other ways, you know the bic "C" that never in my life I had before, then the old hemorroids that were only part of my life 27 yrs ago after delivering an 11 lb baby, now, well yesterday, woke up several times the night before with charlie horses (absent from my life since ended competitive swimming over 25 yrs ago) and also a raging UTI. Can't get to doctor until monday (hope I can get in), I am miserable, taking cranberry tablets and AZ0. So, I do think this plan truly is for a shorter term. I think I am going to phase off starting next week.
Going to Olive Garden today for nieces birthday, I looked at their menu and read some blogs. I can make that work. phewwww.
Bella, Do you have any Urgent Cares in your area?? Usually they are open 7 days a week...
Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #67  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello All,,

So proud of you 2Ride!

Hi Bellamack. For the big "C", my naturopath Dr. suggested taking 1TBSP olive oil before going to bed, and if taking any pills at night take them 1/2 hour before taking the olive oil. (I still have my 2 tsp at noon in my salad and added this extra at bedtime).I have been putting the oil in a small amount of warm/hot water as I can't take it straight. It is helping. I know it is extra calories and fat but it is working for me so I guess that is better than the alternative. Good luck with everything and I hope you can get in to see the Dr. and feeling better soon
Old 10-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Bella, Do you have any Urgent Cares in your area?? Usually they are open 7 days a week...
No urgent care here. The only choice is the Emergency room and if you work for a living it costs an arm and a leg (around $300-$500 ridiculous). If you are on welfare, well, No charge. The system is broken. I will have to wait until tomorrow and I HOPE I can get into my PCP. if you have ever had a bad UTI, you definitely know the discomfort.

@Sandyh50 - I love most crafts, tole & decorative painting, scrapbooking, quilting & sewing ( I do alot) and some knitting (been learning over the past year). I like to make home-made cards. You are sooooo right that it keeps you from eating, that is why I knit in front of the TV in the evening, don't want any crumbs or food on my yarn. lol.
I do feel like I am burnt out on this plan and it hasn't been all that kind to my body, other than losing the pounds. I think it is wise to phase off properly and enjoy maintenance for a while. Maybe jump back on in Feb. or March. I am thinking maybe I can lose the last 20 lbs just eating healthy and exercising, we shall see. Hubby put MyfitnessPal on the IP2 for me and it tracks things very well.

Update: Just told hubby that he will be going to nieces Birthday Party at Olive Garden without me. I feel very nauseous and uncomfortable. Bummer, I have celebrated every birthday with her (she turns 17 tomorrow), she was our miracle baby, my sisters water broke at 21 week and had her 3 weeks later. She was in the NeoICU for 4 months, she wore her dad's wedding band around her wrist as a bracelet. She has been on the Childrens Miracle Network commercials. She is such a Miracle. Well, I believe they all are.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm on my last 13 too but I know it will take me a while. I'm watching all the posts from people on the later phases and on maintaining with interest too.
Good luck on this stage in your journey.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #70  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Looks like everyone is doing good except for bella, sorry about you not feeling well hopefully you can get in to your dr in the morning early.

I don't have a lot planned today mostly watching football and doing my restricted band while watching. I am noticing that I am forming muscles in my arms on top of my bat wings....lol.

Everyone have a great OP day
Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #71  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Looks like everyone is doing good except for bella, sorry about you not feeling well hopefully you can get in to your dr in the morning early.

I don't have a lot planned today mostly watching football and doing my restricted band while watching. I am noticing that I am forming muscles in my arms on top of my bat wings....lol.

Everyone have a great OP day
I need to get one of those... maybe it will help my girls so they aren't so droopy!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I need to get one of those... maybe it will help my girls so they aren't so droopy!
I love mine, I do reps of 20 x 3 and never notice I'm doing it.....when i am watching tv....haha
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Bella we must have been posting at the same time. So sorry you are having all the health issues. Are you getting enough potassium? You likely still have the IP supplements though. They have 800 mgs of potassium in them.
As for the C problem the coach I went to has a lot of other stuff she runs out of her clinic. She sold me a "herb cocktail" for constipation. I am sure if I didn't have that I would have bailed from the program long ago, constipation and hemorrhoids are impossible to live with. (9 pound baby 39 years ago here).
I hate to see you leave now but reading about all your issues it may be best to phase off very carefully and to monitor what you are eating carefully until after the holidays.
If you do decide to go that route don't you dare disappear from here! I'll still be here chugging along for some time to come.

So sorry you are missing the niece's birthday. We have two miracle babiesin my family; my sisters 9 year old twins. They were born at 24 weeks, the little girl at 1 pound 5 ounces, the little boy at 2 pounds 3 ounces. They are fantastic now but we never would have imagined that back when they were born.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Pat
Old 10-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #74  

Pat is right Bella, You BETTER NOT DISAPPEAR, I will come to NY to look for you!! Phase off properly and you will do just fine, I know you will
Old 10-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #75  

Try putting your shake in a blender with ice it will make it like ice milk, thick and have to eat it with a spoon. I am looking for the thread fun with packets I'll bump it for you if i can find it
Closed Thread