Old 09-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Happy birthday busymom

I went to buy my IP food yesterday and the coach told me they are going to raise their prices soon! I was disappointed cause I already find that they are expensive anyway.

I searched a lot on this site to see about cheaper alternatives, read many threads, printed the nutritional information sheet of IP product and got on Lindora website and Nashua website and compared the ingredient and nutritional value. I first called Lindora, cause I could not place an order online since I am in Canada, and my luck had it that I got the most uneducated customer service ever! I mean, she never heard of Canada it seems! She did not know we have a province called Quebec, she asked me to spell that for her, nor did she know that there is a city in Quebec named Montreal, she also asked me to spell that for her and then she asked me for my zip code and when I told her that in Canada we don't have zip codes, we have postal codes, she was in disbelief! God! I mean was she serious? But anyway... I then registered to nashuanutrition and there I could make my order online, I found that even with the shipping costs it would save me a lot of money to buy my products from them, the only difference would be about 4-5g of protein less in their products and I thought this would be ok since I could add two egg whites and it will cover the difference without adding too much calories.

So, I know there are many threads about alternative products to use on this program, nevertheless, I would like to hear your comments in here if you ever tried any of these two: Lindora or Nashua.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Waiting for your replies.
I'm in Canada too and I've had very good experiences with Nashua. I order ProtiDiet and ProtiThin and enjoy most of the products. You do have to watch the ingredient lists if you're avoiding certain sweeteners etc. I also use Premiere Protein shakes from Costco on a daily basis. They have 30g of protein and 3g of carbs. I feel that makes up for any lack of protein in the Proti packets. This is definitely do-able with alternative products.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #32  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Looks like everyone is having good losses this week.

I only lost 1 lb but 2% of body fat! How can that be? She said my water was off and asked if I was drinking enough while I was away. I definitely wasn't.

I'm quite okay with the 1 lb because I always puff up when I fly and I figure I just need to get back into my routine and it will all be back to losses as usual.

I'm actually thrilled that I lost. It could have been a weekend where I just cheated and ate whatever and I was extremely good. So I'm sure next week I will see a big loss.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

So I've been thinking and I'm not sure I'll make it to goal as soon as I thought with all of these little losses. I want to have one week of maintenance under my belt before leaving for San Francisco the end of Dec. If I start phase 2 on Thanksgiving that will give me 2 weeks in p2 and 2 weeks in p3 and 1 week in p4 before leaving. Does that sound reasonable? I am still hoping to be there before then but I'm starting to be realistic.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #34  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

WEll hello everyone...

I am just having a kinda BLAH day... but still OP. I think that I am just kinda irritated with the people that I work with... mainly my supervisor... I just feel that she passes all her "special projects" on to us so she can sit there and browse the web... maybe I am just frustrated!

Sorry to vent!! anyways. I see some awesome losses!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes in yesterday's daily chat!

WI day for me, down 3.4! Holy crow! I can taste the 130's. I have a short week this week b/c I will be away on Tues & Wed next week, so I am hoping that I can get 1# down to get intot the 130's and be at 30# lost. I can't believe I am actually 11 pounds from my declared goal. I also can't believe how fast I am plowing through the 140's when it felt like forever to get out of the 150's. Weird. I am a little nervous that 11 pounds won't be enough to get me looking the way I want, but I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I am starting P2 today in preparation for phasing off for our vacation. Next Wed. I start P3 for a week, and then I am off! I am kind of excited to experience a week at the other phases. I think it will help me mentally for when I am ready to phase off for good.

Good luck to all those who weigh in today!
I totally feel the same way-- I have 15 lbs to go before my goal weight (which most of my friends and family say would be too low of a number to weigh..they must not get that I'm only 5'2") And I have seen much of a differece from 145 to 135 to be honest..my clothes don't really fit differetly...but I'm afraid there's not going to be a big difference in the way I look even when I lose 15 lbs...But I guess I just have to remember that 15 lbs of fat is a lot, and even when I do get to 120, i need to tone my muscles to really look good

So I'm sure this has been brought up soo many times, but I bought these protein shakes at Wal-Mart (EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control) And they looked like they would be fine. 17 g High quality protein (sounds similar to Ideal Protein already), 2-6 g carbs depending on the flavor, 0 sugar, 3 g fat. But I think since I'm exercising I could possibly just drink one of these a day instead of the extra 2 eggs and it could serve as an extra packet...at a fraction of the cost. Anyone else drinking these?
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #36  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I'm in Canada too and I've had very good experiences with Nashua. I order ProtiDiet and ProtiThin and enjoy most of the products. You do have to watch the ingredient lists if you're avoiding certain sweeteners etc. I also use Premiere Protein shakes from Costco on a daily basis. They have 30g of protein and 3g of carbs. I feel that makes up for any lack of protein in the Proti packets. This is definitely do-able with alternative products.

Hi,

Did you have to pay customs on top of what they already charged you on your credit card for shipping? I just called them and cancelled my order cause I've heard that we have to pay customs as well. I live in Quebec, so not sure if that makes a difference or not.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
So I'm sure this has been brought up soo many times, but I bought these protein shakes at Wal-Mart (EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control) And they looked like they would be fine. 17 g High quality protein (sounds similar to Ideal Protein already), 2-6 g carbs depending on the flavor, 0 sugar, 3 g fat. But I think since I'm exercising I could possibly just drink one of these a day instead of the extra 2 eggs and it could serve as an extra packet...at a fraction of the cost. Anyone else drinking these?
I actually had several people recommend them to me in the past couple of days for coffee 'creamer'. I just picked up a 4 pack. Several of the more veteran posters recommended them so I'm sure you should be okay.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

What am i doing to myself!

I decided that instead of buying a small bday cake for the kids and everyone else coming tonight, that since i'm home and still had everything to make a cake, i would just make one. So i just finished making a vanilla bunt cake with strawberry icing in the middle covered with buttercream icing...holly cow does it smell good and sooo hard not to lick my fingers....i didn't have a taste of any of it but darn...next time i'm buying!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Well day 1 is going really well so far. I've already had 72 oz of water (I've always been a huge water drinker!), breakfast, and lunch. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the mushroom soup.

I also went to the commissary and stocked up on good veggies (going to make Kale Chips tonight :-) ) and lean protein. I also got all the food from past 'mommy diets' out of the house so I won't be tempted. Thankfully I have pretty good will power and most of my hubby and kids favorite snacks aren't at all appealing to me. The hardest to resist is going to be the kids fresh fruit, and all the homemade goodies I fix for them, but I'll make it :-)

Question for anyone else out there on Thyroid meds. How do you stagger the meds with the supplements (calcium especially). I know they can't be taken near each other, but how close is to close?

Also, silly question, but is Advil okay? I had thought it would be but then I read somewhere (I can't remember where, I've been doing so much research to be as prepared as possible) that it has a lot of sugar in it. I have major tailbone issues and am having a rough day but don't want to take something that will hamper my progress already!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
I use them 1 -2 times a day. I think you would be ok. Just use one of the lower carb ones. I know vanilla is low and I think strawberry.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #41  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

thanks! Wow, if I wasn't too lazy too look at the alternatives list erlier..it was like the 4th post down! I'm sorry guys!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #42  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Well day 1 is going really well so far. I've already had 72 oz of water (I've always been a huge water drinker!), breakfast, and lunch. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the mushroom soup.

IQuestion for anyone else out there on Thyroid meds. How do you stagger the meds with the supplements (calcium especially). I know they can't be taken near each other, but how close is to close?

Also, silly question, but is Advil okay? I had thought it would be but then I read somewhere (I can't remember where, I've been doing so much research to be as prepared as possible) that it has a lot of sugar in it. I have major tailbone issues and am having a rough day but don't want to take something that will hamper my progress already!
I take my thryroid before breakfast..Then I do not take the multivitamin and potassium calcium until lunch. You need 4 hrs away from the thryroid and calcium. Then I take the other calcium at night.
I have never heard of a problem with advil.

I like the soups also!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #43  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
What am i doing to myself!

I decided that instead of buying a small bday cake for the kids and everyone else coming tonight, that since i'm home and still had everything to make a cake, i would just make one. So i just finished making a vanilla bunt cake with strawberry icing in the middle covered with buttercream icing...holly cow does it smell good and sooo hard not to lick my fingers....i didn't have a taste of any of it but darn...next time i'm buying!

GOOD FOR YOU!!.

Just remember smell is about 75-80% of taste.. so whiff away... and smelling doesnt add pounds!!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #44  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I take my thryroid before breakfast..Then I do not take the multivitamin and potassium calcium until lunch. You need 4 hrs away from the thryroid and calcium. Then I take the other calcium at night.
I have never heard of a problem with advil.

I like the soups also!

I work for a Dr's office... and we usually recommend taking thryoid meds before bed... ever given it a try?? but all Docs are different!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Ok, so I had yet another low loss of 1.5lbs. I'm trying to stay positive... and think that at least I haven't had a complete stall. Also I was away for the long weekend (4 days) and although I stayed OP, I had to have all of my meals out, and well there's always issues with that as far as the fat content and maybe even a little with meat portions. I'm pretty sure I also INHALED a few hundred calories from all the junky food at the beach boardwalk and other places.

I think this is going to sound weird to some of you, but I had no idea what "funnel cake" was, though I had heard of it. So my husband and I were walking on the boardwalk and a woman passes by holding a delicious looking dessert, and I told him YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT WHATEVER IT IS! it just looked soooo good that someone had to have it!! haha, so he did buy it, and we found out it was called funnel cake. Anyway, I think I will def be trying one of those once I'm in maintenance.

On a good note, I'm 20 lbs away from goal. I just hope I don't lose it one pound a week because then it's going to be torture!
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote