Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/01/2010

It's a new month. If you're new to IP or to this forum, post your introduction and your questions here. And, If you're an "old hand" at IP, post your news and questions here!

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions ever held on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! The BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - OUR Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-01-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #2  

Default While you were sleeping ...

Yesterday's chat - post as of 9:08 pm

Okay, well sleepyheads here's what happened while you were gone:
- A speedo threat from our own salesgod -- animal print,
- continuing bra & man-zierre talk, and the added spice of a nooky reference
- elle12 had a good tip for a tasty chocolate shake
- JessicaCourez NSV can now wear her husband's jeans
- Jacqueline posted an inspiring vision based on her day at the beach, swim
- gibster took a rotation on the 3FC IP welcoming committee, and tipped a smartphone weight tracker app
- linden linked to a NY Times article about losing and retaining muscle mass, and double negative , which IMO was completely appropriate
- MotherDuckMJ expressed her appreciation and has a spiffy photo avatar
- candace5 and sillyputty checked in with responses to earlier posts
- Becca7 gave her POV on those devil bars and will get back on track with IP today
- TAB3319 bought jeans in size 5/6 because they FIT!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

It seems my little trip to the dr's office on Monday has resulted in my contracting some sort of cold/flu! I feel like crap. Scratchy throat, achy body, headache and over all blah! I'm sick, what??? I went to the dr not sick, but left sick, nice!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
It seems my little trip to the dr's office on Monday has resulted in my contracting some sort of cold/flu! I feel like crap. Scratchy throat, achy body, headache and over all blah! I'm sick, what??? I went to the dr not sick, but left sick, nice!
Ug, sorry to hear you're feeling bad. We've got a bug going around our office, sounds like the same thing. I'm just hoping I don't get it over the holiday weekend.

When will you get your test results back? I've got my fingers crossed that you find your answer!! Keep your chin up!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Well. I believe they call it stress. I call it a trip to the doctor's office when I catch something.

Please, please, please when this is over, get a pneumonia shot and the booster.

Water. Drink water.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Speedo's and man bra's definitally good for a few laughs and we all need to laugh more. Maybe laughing could be my replacement for good chocolate and buttered popcorn .
MDMJ- I believe on a Seinfeld episode it was called a "bro". (Okay, I'll stop now.)

Just wanted to say Good Morning to everyone! I'll be back tonight to read all your posts.

~Linda

Last edited by gibster; 09-01-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #7  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone,
Kelsey-Hope your feeling better soon!

Had a LONG day yesterday so we decided to go out for Chinese. I was a good girl and ate my steamed veggies w/grilled chicken. Although Egg Foo Young was just sitting their in front of my 3 1/2 Year old and i took a bite. YUMMY! I had two more bites and stopped. I am not disappointed in my self the only thing bad was the brown sauce. I am glad I could stop at 3 bites and finish my meal-that by the way stuffed me.

I also cycled 1/2 hour when I got home, that made me feel good too!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Last edited by paygirl; 09-01-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #8  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Melissa - it's a delicate balancing act to keep your TSH around 1 or whatever your number is.. Hope you get answers to your questions.
Thanks, Tricia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm so disappointed. I got a big fat 0 for my weightloss this week. I needed 1lb to transition to phase 2! Ugh. Let me tell you why.

I feel bratty and childish.
Hope you're feeling better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post

It seems to be about the right range for those of us who have been on medication for awhile. So while you're getting your thyroid testing done, maybe you could get your vitamin D level checked as well. It impacts our health in so many ways.
Don't think Vitamin D was in there, but I take 6,000 daily D3, so that should be good, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB3319 View Post
I HAVE A NSV!!! I WENT SHOPPING FOR SOME NEW JEANS FOR FAMILY PICTURES. I HAD AN ARM LOAD OF SIZE 9/10 AND 7/8 JEANS. THOSE DID NOT FIT AND THE LADY WORKING THERE GOT ME 5/6 AND THEY FIT!!! I BOUGHT SIZE 5/6 JEANS, YES 5/6. 5 MONTHS AGO I WAS IN A SIZE 18. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT AND HAD TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE.
WOW - Congrats on the skinny jeans, Tammie!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Ug, sorry to hear you're feeling bad. We've got a bug going around our office, sounds like the same thing. I'm just hoping I don't get it over the holiday weekend.

When will you get your test results back? I've got my fingers crossed that you find your answer!! Keep your chin up!
Thanks, Stacey. I hope to shake it quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well. I believe they call it stress. I call it a trip to the doctor's office when I catch something.

Please, please, please when this is over, get a pneumonia shot and the booster.

Water. Drink water.
I will get the shot later this month, but I don't know about the booster? We get the "Flu Shot" at work... and yes, I need to up the water. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Kelsey-Hope your feeling better soon!

Had a LONG day yesterday so we decided to go out for Chinese. I was a good girl and ate my steamed veggies w/grilled chicken. Although Eff Foo Young was just sitting their in front of my 3 1/2 Year old and i took a bite. YUMMY! I had two more bites and stopped. I am not disappointed in my self the only thing bad was the brown sauce. I am glad I could stop at 3 bites and finish my meal-that buy the way stuffed me.
Thanks, Paygirl. Hope you have a good day today.

Read yesterday's posts, what a great day! I wasn't feeling great yesterday, didn't post at all, but enjoyed you all very much. Thanks to all who post.

Welcome newbies, and welcome back to some old timers.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #9  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good Morning All!

Sorry You 'under The Weather' Kelsey..
Jackie-great Post! I Live Near The Beach, And never go Except For Sept/oct When Tourists Are Gone And Beach Is Empty,... Not Next Year!!!

Since I Have To Eat The 'evil' Bars For Breakfast- My Body Needs The Higher Sugar Content In The Morning, Or I Get Really Weak And Feel Like Fainting..i Just Cut Them All Up Into 12 Pieces Each And Froze Them In Mini Baggies..they Take Longer To Eat That Way With Morning Coffee ( After A Lg Glass Of Salted Water)

Now If My Hubby Thinks They Are Hidden Candy Bars, Cut Up In The Freezer, I Will Laugh..

Congrats On All The Weight Losses And Nsv's!!!!!!!
I'll Check Back In Later After Work....
Old 09-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I will get the shot l [pneumonia] later this month, but I don't know about the booster?
Booster is after you're sixty -- a one time booster and you're set.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I Live Near The Beach, .
I hope you're totally prepared for the hurricane which, I again hope, never comes near you.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #12  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Melissa Don't you hate when that happens?? Did you wait a long time to see the doc ?? Sorry you are ill and hope you have good answers from your blood work. Do you think extending the 20 lb challenge date a bit makes any sense? Or should I just wait until there's another one? Congratulations to Stacy49 and the 5 or 6 others who have lost the 20 lbs already. A lot of others are really close.
A couple of NSVs yesterday. Went to get international driver's licenses and ran into a friend of my husband's. He said to him, "I know you have 2 sons but I didn't realize you have a daughter too." Yess it is kind of a cheesy compliment but I know he wouldn't have said it last February before I started IP. When I mentioned it at dinner to my hubby, he said "I was thinking when you got out of the car how beautiful you are." Well, that took my breath away. Not sure when he has said something like that to me...Have a great willpower dust filled day everyone!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-01-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #13  

Default Vitamin D

Quote:
Don't think Vitamin D was in there, but I take 6,000 daily D3, so that should be good, right?
Good for you! If your doctor requested 25-hydroxyvitamin D or 25(OH)D levels, you'll know whether you're getting enough D3. (50 ng/ml is about the minimum level to have some D3 reserves; optimal range is around 55-60)

Quote:
Read yesterday's posts, what a great day! I wasn't feeling great yesterday, didn't post at all, but enjoyed you all very much.
I agree. Yesterday's thread was fun and funny and inspiring. I might just bookmark it when I need a laugh or a lift.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #14  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, all! Looking forward to another great day of posts!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #15  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
[B]Melissa [/BWhen I mentioned it at dinner to my hubby, he said "I was thinking when you got out of the car how beautiful you are." Well, that took my breath away. Not sure when he has said something like that to me...
OH, BOY. I doubt anyone can top that, even if they go look at your picture on your personal page. And all this time I thought you looked like a beautiful dog.
Closed Thread