Old 09-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #16  

Back from Weigh In! I lost 3 pounds and 3.75 inches! I wanted to lose just a little more to get into the 160's , but next week will do it!!

Happy Birthday BusyMom!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Happy birthday busymom

I went to buy my IP food yesterday and the coach told me they are going to raise their prices soon! I was disappointed cause I already find that they are expensive anyway.

I searched a lot on this site to see about cheaper alternatives, read many threads, printed the nutritional information sheet of IP product and got on Lindora website and Nashua website and compared the ingredient and nutritional value. I first called Lindora, cause I could not place an order online since I am in Canada, and my luck had it that I got the most uneducated customer service ever! I mean, she never heard of Canada it seems! She did not know we have a province called Quebec, she asked me to spell that for her, nor did she know that there is a city in Quebec named Montreal, she also asked me to spell that for her and then she asked me for my zip code and when I told her that in Canada we don't have zip codes, we have postal codes, she was in disbelief! God! I mean was she serious? But anyway... I then registered to nashuanutrition and there I could make my order online, I found that even with the shipping costs it would save me a lot of money to buy my products from them, the only difference would be about 4-5g of protein less in their products and I thought this would be ok since I could add two egg whites and it will cover the difference without adding too much calories.

So, I know there are many threads about alternative products to use on this program, nevertheless, I would like to hear your comments in here if you ever tried any of these two: Lindora or Nashua.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Waiting for your replies.
My plan of attack is mostly ordering from Nashua. I get the Health Smart hot choc (the sucralose one), ProtiDiet chicken soup, Health Smart Maple brown sugar oatmeal, Health Smart plain pancakes and on occasion the Health Smart Lemon Razzy and Health Smart Cran Grape drinks. None of these are restricted. You do have to watch tho when ordering that your products are using sucralose and not aspertame. I also go to Sams and get a case of the EAS Carb Control shakes in chocolate or vanilla. You can find then in a 4 pack at Walmart also but they are cheaper by the case at Sams. I sometimes get a box of IP jelly when I am getting my supplements. I think all of my Nashua products have 15 g protein and the EAS have 17 grams. I have not noticed a dif with the lower protein tho. I would think having a few egg whites a day would be ok tho if needed.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Back from Weigh In! I lost 3 pounds and 3.75 inches! I wanted to lose just a little more to get into the 160's , but next week will do it!!

Happy Birthday BusyMom!
Good for you. You are soooo close to the 160s. Can't wait to say the same. NOt this week.....it's been a slow one.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!!
Have a fantabulously skinny birthday BUSYMOM!!!
We have another sunny, slightly toasty day on the way. I need to get my butt in gear and get my walk in before it gets too toasty and then I plan on soaking up a bit of Vit D on the lawn again. It's relaxing and I can take the time to just sit and read
Have a great day everyone!!! May the whoosh fairy be with you!!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for sharing the progress photos Pxl - you've done amazingly and it's very motivating to see!

Happy Birthday Busymom, and way to go planning an OP birthday!

I just did my first order from Nashua. I've been supplementing from the start with EAS shakes and Pure Protein bars, but now I'm ready to cut off the pricey IP products all together. I think I can kick this last 15 on my own. I will have to break it to my coach at weigh in today. Not that she will care... I'm sure I'll miss her more than she'll miss me.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Good morning everyone. My WI is also today. I usually go at lunch or in the morning if I can sneak out.

I'm just plodding today - extremely exhausted. I have sleep problems anyway and I have restless legs which get worse when I'm tired. I'm almost out of my restless legs meds and so I'm hoarding them and not probably taking as many as I should. But yesterday I went and bought Nytol thinking it might help. Nope, I had a terrible time. At 1 a.m. I took a restless legs pill. At 1:30 I took another Nytol. I was still flopping around like crazy.

My bedroom is in the back of the house and looks out on my deck and backyard. My yard is very long 189 feet and I have a lot of trees so it's very dark. So somewhere around 2ish I hear a noise outside so I sat up to hear better - thinking it was the guy next door maybe coming home. I heard voices. And then I saw at least two people enter my backyard from the side gate and walk across the deck and on to the lawn and walk into my yard - where they disappeared in the blackness of the trees.

So I jumped up and called 911 and told them I had a prowler. We had an arson on my street recently - a shed - and I was afraid they were heading to the shed to set it on fire. The guy on the phone was very calming but it took probably 5 minutes for the police to arrive. There was no sign of anyone when they roamed around my yard.

Surprisingly I fell asleep pretty soon after but I'm so groggy today.

the biggest problem is that when I get super restless I tend to start eating. I not only start popping any pill I can find that might help, I start to eat. So I had a packet of peanut butter balls, I had an orange crush with splenda, I had a a slice of low fat cheese and two pickles.

so right now I feel heavy and bloated and groggy. I hope I didn't mess up my loss - since I was away I'd be happy with pretty much anything but I'm hoping for 2 lbs at least.
Oh my! I would be freaking out too! Have you tried Hylands restless leg? They are homeopathic and work quite well on hubby. I have been taking 6 mg of melatonin at bedtime for the past 2 months so I can get some sleep. It works great and I am not groggy in the AM. I also think it helps with stress (not enough the past few weeks tho). UGH that darn emotional eating strikes again. I hate that. I think women are much worse than men with that also. Hope your night is better.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Good morning everyone. My WI is also today. I usually go at lunch or in the morning if I can sneak out.

I'm just plodding today - extremely exhausted. I have sleep problems anyway and I have restless legs which get worse when I'm tired. I'm almost out of my restless legs meds and so I'm hoarding them and not probably taking as many as I should. But yesterday I went and bought Nytol thinking it might help. Nope, I had a terrible time. At 1 a.m. I took a restless legs pill. At 1:30 I took another Nytol. I was still flopping around like crazy.

My bedroom is in the back of the house and looks out on my deck and backyard. My yard is very long 189 feet and I have a lot of trees so it's very dark. So somewhere around 2ish I hear a noise outside so I sat up to hear better - thinking it was the guy next door maybe coming home. I heard voices. And then I saw at least two people enter my backyard from the side gate and walk across the deck and on to the lawn and walk into my yard - where they disappeared in the blackness of the trees.

So I jumped up and called 911 and told them I had a prowler. We had an arson on my street recently - a shed - and I was afraid they were heading to the shed to set it on fire. The guy on the phone was very calming but it took probably 5 minutes for the police to arrive. There was no sign of anyone when they roamed around my yard.

Surprisingly I fell asleep pretty soon after but I'm so groggy today.

the biggest problem is that when I get super restless I tend to start eating. I not only start popping any pill I can find that might help, I start to eat. So I had a packet of peanut butter balls, I had an orange crush with splenda, I had a a slice of low fat cheese and two pickles.

so right now I feel heavy and bloated and groggy. I hope I didn't mess up my loss - since I was away I'd be happy with pretty much anything but I'm hoping for 2 lbs at least.
Oh my gosh how scary would that be! Hope you can sleep better tonight and I don't think your choices were bad at all, def. could have done much much worse.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, today's my bday and i already planned everything to make sure i stay OP. We'll have burger on the BBQ so i can have that too (bunless of course) and we'll have a small cake for everyone else and i'll make my pudding cakes, i'm not crazy about them as everyone else, don't like the texture too much but i'll make some vanilla ones and i got the WF maple syrup so i figured it should be good with a bit of it on it. Also saw at Loblaws yesterday that they have about 12 different kinds of dressing so that's good to know.

So since saturday the scale hasn't moved again so this seems to be my pattern

Have to take the dog to the vet tomorrow (payday)...she's been scratching her nose on everything for the past couple weeks...getting pretty bad poor baby. It started when she was digging in the yard and putting her nose in everything so we thought maybe a bug bit her but it doesn't seem to be going away. thought maybe it was allergies but not sure...so we'll go and they'll do a scraping and hopefully its something easy to resolve
Happy B-day! Sorry for your doggie I hope they can figure it out. I took my pup into the vet today too, but only for a haircut and bath
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #24  

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Happy birthday busymom

I went to buy my IP food yesterday and the coach told me they are going to raise their prices soon! I was disappointed cause I already find that they are expensive anyway.

I searched a lot on this site to see about cheaper alternatives, read many threads, printed the nutritional information sheet of IP product and got on Lindora website and Nashua website and compared the ingredient and nutritional value. I first called Lindora, cause I could not place an order online since I am in Canada, and my luck had it that I got the most uneducated customer service ever! I mean, she never heard of Canada it seems! She did not know we have a province called Quebec, she asked me to spell that for her, nor did she know that there is a city in Quebec named Montreal, she also asked me to spell that for her and then she asked me for my zip code and when I told her that in Canada we don't have zip codes, we have postal codes, she was in disbelief! God! I mean was she serious? But anyway... I then registered to nashuanutrition and there I could make my order online, I found that even with the shipping costs it would save me a lot of money to buy my products from them, the only difference would be about 4-5g of protein less in their products and I thought this would be ok since I could add two egg whites and it will cover the difference without adding too much calories.

So, I know there are many threads about alternative products to use on this program, nevertheless, I would like to hear your comments in here if you ever tried any of these two: Lindora or Nashua.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Waiting for your replies.
I cannot imagine prices going up, if anything they need to go down. So I can only assume this is not only your clinic but will be making its way to all of us company-wide?

I placed my first order with Nashua this week. Will be far less than half what it costs at IP. I still plan on getting a few thing there like cereal/puddings/gelatin and supplements. Haven't received them yet so I'm not really much hlep yet. I chose some Proti-Diet/Proti-Thin/HealthSmart products if that helps. I think the tips are to watch for Aspartame, MSG and other than that I just made sure cal/carb/sug were not far off from IP's and like you already said just get enough protein. I also read reviews to see if people liked the taste.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Happy Birthday Busymom! I hope you have a great day!

Pxl - Thanks for sharing the pictures! You look wonderful!

sandralosingweight/wildflower613 - That is interesting about raising the prices. At our clinic, the just got rid of the $5 coaching fee that they have been charging. I am wondering if they are doing that in anticipation for the costs of going up. It seems like the diet is expensive enough now!
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #26  

Quote:
Good morning, today's my bday and i already planned everything to make sure i stay OP. We'll have burger on the BBQ so i can have that too (bunless of course) and we'll have a small cake for everyone else and i'll make my pudding cakes, i'm not crazy about them as everyone else, don't like the texture too much but i'll make some vanilla ones and i got the WF maple syrup so i figured it should be good with a bit of it on it. Also saw at Loblaws yesterday that they have about 12 different kinds of dressing so that's good to know.

So since saturday the scale hasn't moved again so this seems to be my pattern

Have to take the dog to the vet tomorrow (payday)...she's been scratching her nose on everything for the past couple weeks...getting pretty bad poor baby. It started when she was digging in the yard and putting her nose in everything so we thought maybe a bug bit her but it doesn't seem to be going away. thought maybe it was allergies but not sure...so we'll go and they'll do a scraping and hopefully its something easy to resolve
Hope you get your puppy all fixed up.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #27  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I updated my mini photo album today. Wow. What a difference 6 months on IP makes!
You look fantastic!!

Quote:
Good morning, today's my bday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Way to go on being prepared to stay OP!

Hope you're doggie gets better and it's nothing serious.

Quote:
They are already expensive enough! I hope they don't raise their prices, I can't afford much more than the $100/wk I'm already paying.

Quote:

That is scary!!

I went for my WI this morning. After last week I was so disappointed, and didn't really expect much of a loss this week since I just got over my TOM, but I am down another 6.6lbs

I bought some new food to try out, and can't wait... hope it's good.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
You look fantastic!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Way to go on being prepared to stay OP!

Hope you're doggie gets better and it's nothing serious.

They are already expensive enough! I hope they don't raise their prices, I can't afford much more than the $100/wk I'm already paying.

That is scary!!

I went for my WI this morning. After last week I was so disappointed, and didn't really expect much of a loss this week since I just got over my TOM, but I am down another 6.6lbs

I bought some new food to try out, and can't wait... hope it's good.
6.6 I could only wish for a week like that!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes in yesterday's daily chat!

WI day for me, down 3.4! Holy crow! I can taste the 130's. I have a short week this week b/c I will be away on Tues & Wed next week, so I am hoping that I can get 1# down to get intot the 130's and be at 30# lost. I can't believe I am actually 11 pounds from my declared goal. I also can't believe how fast I am plowing through the 140's when it felt like forever to get out of the 150's. Weird. I am a little nervous that 11 pounds won't be enough to get me looking the way I want, but I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I am starting P2 today in preparation for phasing off for our vacation. Next Wed. I start P3 for a week, and then I am off! I am kind of excited to experience a week at the other phases. I think it will help me mentally for when I am ready to phase off for good.

Good luck to all those who weigh in today!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #30  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I am down another 3.2 lbs. I lost almost 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my chest, 1/2 inch from both hips and thigh. My thigh measurement is 25 inches. I've always had bigger thighs, mostly due to muscles when I was younger and in gymnastics. Seeing this measurement made me think of the "perfect" proportions for women, you know the 36/24/36 ratio? Or something similar. So, I looked down at my thigh while I was sitting in my truck and thought, how ridiculous. My thigh looks too big to be a thigh, but way too small to be a waist.

In other news, I found some seafood stock at my local grocery store yesterday that I plan to add to the packets of soup I've been dreading to eat. It's Kitchen Basics brand and it is 0/0/0, no MSG, no glutens, and it lists sea salt as an ingredient. I'm planning to have a soup packet for lunch today and see if it makes me feel full longer. I've really been struggling to stay full this past week.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote