Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 04/12/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-12-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default 3rd week of ideal protein

Am starting my 3rd week of ideal protein. Love the crispy cereal pancake recipe..so yummy and gives me something to chew at lunch! Has anyone tried the omlete? I'm kinda scared to try it. We are going to paris on May 8th and worried to go off plan for 6 days. Do you think I will gain a lot??
Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning

Looks like I will have another busy spring day. I will be staining our deck. I am trying to get ready for my niece's wedding shower which I will be hosting here on 5/6. I am really not looking forward to this job today, but it will be some exercise I guess. Gotta keep the body moving.

have a great day everyone..
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Am starting my 3rd week of ideal protein. Love the crispy cereal pancake recipe..so yummy and gives me something to chew at lunch! Has anyone tried the omlete? I'm kinda scared to try it. We are going to paris on May 8th and worried to go off plan for 6 days. Do you think I will gain a lot??
I have had the fine herb and cheese and it is pretty good. Just bought a box and had one for supper last night. Add salt and others veggies too if you like. I have yet to try the crispie cereal pancake, maybe this morning For your trip I would pack a load of packs with you and give it a whirl! Try to be as good as you can, I have heard it is hard to get back on program?????? Good luck!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning

Looks like I will have another busy spring day. I will be staining our deck. I am trying to get ready for my niece's wedding shower which I will be hosting here on 5/6. I am really not looking forward to this job today, but it will be some exercise I guess. Gotta keep the body moving.

have a great day everyone..

Wow that is a a big job for sure! We have been putting ours off for like 3 years......can you say procrastinator! Good luck, good for you for tackling that job
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks! Will try it today for lunch. I know it will be hard to get back on...but I will do it. I have never been out of the country, this is a big trip for us and will get a vacation without kids!!! I would have planned it a different time but my husband surprised me. Will do the best I can. Hope to be down another 12 by the trip. At 170 I am a size 10..wish I could speed up the process!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #7  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone!!

I have read some info on people travelling, but I am getting a bit nervous. Just learned I am heading over to Ireland for work April 21-April 28th! I have been a few times before for work just not while on a diet!

So I am starting to stress a bit. I have learned there is pretty much always something I can eat at restaurants here, but I know the food is different over there and I dont care for a lot of it.. sooo what to do?? I am planning on bringing some drinks and some bars with me, and can probably get some eggs for breakfast at the hotel, BUT what do I do about other meals and the nightly trips to the PUBS? I will be with a coworker and customers, so I know they will expect me to drink?? Help
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I mistakenly tried to post this as a response to some posts on yesterday's Daily Thread but it was closed. Haven't had enough coffee yet!! So I cut & pasted it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnsmom24 View Post
HI all

Just popping in to introduce myself. I was a regular poster last year having lost 77 pounds in a little over 4 months. I took a break to get married and then to my surprise we got pregnant almost immediately. So now Im back with a new account, a new purpose and a new goal. I have all the baby weight plus more to lose and so far after my first week Im down 9 pounds. Im training for a 10km at the end of May and the spartan race june 3 here in Ottawa. I was an avid runner before getting pregnant ( I was pregnant with triplets and put on no excercise, sadly we lost our twins but I gave birth to our little miracle Finn 7 months ago) and hope to get back to running the amount I was while on IP and losing all the weight.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing my journey with you.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your twins. I believe God has a greater plan and sometimes we just have to trust in that, unfathomable as it may be, esp in a situation like that. I hope that's not too personal a comment, I just want to extend my heartfelt sympathy and send you a hug.

Impressive that you are preparing for a 10K! I look forward to hearing about your success!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Disappointing WI (#3) today...-0.6. Body fat went up 0.5% but I did lose some inches. I find it hard to get too discouraged since I made about 3 bazillion candy easter eggs last week without eating a single jelly bean or piece of chocolate Still haven't had a cheat yet so I am hopeful next week will be better!
Our bodies shed weight in its own wise way and timeframe. So while that often takes more time than we want (for sure!), the good news is that the body will also, at times, forgive some dietary transgressions and not gain weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
We can???!!!! Oh my gosh, that makes me so excited!!! I didn't think we could have yellow squash. It is my favorite
Yellow squash? That's news to me too! Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I think I've made the decision to phase off for a while and then re-assess. I won't be completely going hog wild, I'm going to try giving calorie counting a whirl again.

There's just multiple reasons including stressed to the max [which is affecting my weight loss anyway], along with me being so tight with money that I'm basically struggling constantly, on top of remodeling our house [partially why struggling] & moving in the next month, along with Matt's health issues going on still, I've just had enough. I hope you all can understand.

I hope you all will still stand behind me, but this is just something I need right now. I promise I will still check in

I've come 63lbs and I WILL be back for more! I want to get down to 180 and then see where I want to go from there. But I think I just want some time "off" calorie counting to see how I feel.

Does that make me bad? I feel like I'm throwing in the towel :/ Maybe someone could try to talk to me about this? I really just need someone right now.
Miranda,
Your story sounds like mine, last year. I was on IP (100% IP, no alternatives then) and things became crazy when we had a buyer for our house and then our closing moved up, and we had to make so many trips to the new house to get things moved in (couldn't do it one fell swoop due to a twisty driveway that only small trucks could get down). Closing moved up from 4 months away to 6 weeks...it was also in the middle of truly nasty winter weather. I had lost most of the weight I needed on IP at that time - maybe had 10 more pounds to go to get to bathing suit perfection. My coach at the time (don't have a coach now and use 80% alternatives now, 20% IP) said to try to eat at least 2 IP meals/snacks (1 meal, 1 snack)/day, and make wise choices. That should prevent me from gaining weight. Things were crazy, I quickly fell off this new plan, ate whatever was handy at mealtime, gained back all the weight and more. I could have stayed on this plan, but just gave up. Truth is, I even delighted in trying many of the new restaurants. I turned my back on the scale and just used my larger size clothes...

What a mistake. I could have stayed the course, it really wouldn't have been that hard. All I would have had to do was keep a bag of bars and soup mixes (that mix well w/ just hot water) and a few salad dressing packets and I could have managed just fine.

Re money and results, since I used 100% IP the first time and now alternatives this time, at least for me, my rate of weight loss has been identical. I save 60-70% of the weekly cost on the IP food bill. This website provides far, far better coaching than I ever had with my coach, who I really like as a person and thought was fine as a coach - but had no comparison. Now I can compare to this website and learn from others what type of coaching they receive.

I'd recommend trying to make it work - even if you eat extra bars/day during a stressed out day, you are doing yourself a favor, really.

I hope this helps and know WE ARE HERE BEHIND YOU REGARDLESS OF WHAT ULTIMATELY HAPPENS. (need some grand music here...)

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-12-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
The herb and cheese omelet is my favorite IP meal.

Don't go off IP in Paris, bring food and a shaker with you and when you go out to eat just skip the carbs and order meat and fish with out sauces. You can still eat out well on IP. I bet there is at least one thread out there about traveling while on IP. I am using alternatives so even breakfast out was easy, two eggs over easy, wheat toast, dry, a large ice water and a black coffee.

Off to the doctor today for my second weigh in and then off to my coaching session.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
The plain omelet has become one of my staples. I will have it for breakfast or a snack with some WF pancake syrup. I sometimes add cinnamon for variety. I also like it for lunch with some roasted veggies thrown in.

WI#4 was yesterday and I am down another 1.6 lbs! The inches didn't change much but thanks to reading other Ipeeps stories, on this great forum, I am not a bit worried and know that it will come if I just stay OP. With a loss of a little over 13 lbs in four weeks the greatest thing, to me, is that I "tumbled" out of the 150s and zipped right thru the 140s and look! I am now in the 130s! Love IP!

Also bought some restricted, for the first time yesterday. Enjoyed the Lemon Poppy Seed bar last night. I am glad I waited this long. I appreciate the variety even more.

Wishing everyone a great 100% IP day!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

Quote:
Thanks! Will try it today for lunch. I know it will be hard to get back on...but I will do it. I have never been out of the country, this is a big trip for us and will get a vacation without kids!!! I would have planned it a different time but my husband surprised me. Will do the best I can. Hope to be down another 12 by the trip. At 170 I am a size 10..wish I could speed up the process!!!!
Lol I know what you mean about speeding it up......now would be nice! So nice that your hubby surprised you......very sweet....no kids? I am jealous! It will be great!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
The plain omelet has become one of my staples. I will have it for breakfast or a snack with some WF pancake syrup. I sometimes add cinnamon for variety. I also like it for lunch with some roasted veggies thrown in.

WI#4 was yesterday and I am down another 1.6 lbs! The inches didn't change much but thanks to reading other Ipeeps stories, on this great forum, I am not a bit worried and know that it will come if I just stay OP. With a loss of a little over 13 lbs in four weeks the greatest thing, to me, is that I "tumbled" out of the 150s and zipped right thru the 140s and look! I am now in the 130s! Love IP!

Also bought some restricted, for the first time yesterday. Enjoyed the Lemon Poppy Seed bar last night. I am glad I waited this long. I appreciate the variety even
N
Wishing everyone a great 100% IP day!
Wow you are doing great!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #13  

Morning IPers....working 12-8 today so I can check in this morning, nice way to start the day. I am down 2.4 lbs this a.m. Very happy, since my weigh in at the clinic was zilch! Being full of water and food doesn't help a late in the day weigh in! According to my scale I lost a full % of fat and up in muscle!

I am hooked on the restricted bars! Only have one a day obviously, and in the morning or early afternoon, but I am going to challenge myself to try and have one every other day.....

Hope everyone has a great ip day!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi Danif, I had been on IP about a month and then did a mini-phase off for a vacation to Jamaica. I didn't want to try and carry food through customs and we were staying at an all inclusive resort and I really wanted to enjoy it all! So, I phased off two weeks before the vacation, one week at phase two and one week at phase 3. I tried to make good food choices but did indulge in frozen fruity cocktails, sweets and lots of fruit and cheese. I did gain 6 pounds over the course of the vacation but lost 7 my first week back on plan. I will look for a thread to bump up for you that gives lots of informatin about how to do a mini phase off.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #15  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

GM iPeeps..
Getting ready to have another great IP day grooming some dogs... Must stay hydrated. Is always my Thursday challenge.

Have a great day. Weigh in tomorrow fingers are crossed.
Closed Thread