Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks guys! I have been burned in the past by so many other diets and eating plans that it is hard to think that I won't be burned again. I feel my body changing everyday, and you are right, deep down I feel like this is truly it, but I am scared nonetheless.

Before I found IP, I was eating clean, all organic foods, "proper" portions all of that, plus working out 5-6x a week. And of course, did not lose hardly any weight. Not even much fat, because my clothes still weren't fitting! I know you can all relate to how frustrating that is.

I am so glad I found IP, or rather my doctor did and recommended it to me. He kept after me about it and I was hesitant because I am not really all that big on pre-packaged foods. But he kept telling me and telling me that it would be great, and he was right!

And one thing is for sure, I haven't been in the 150's in almost 1.5 years and it feels so good. I actually hit my goal which was out of the 160's by the end of June. Next goal is out of the 150's by the end of July. And finally, my clothes are starting to fit again!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

testing for signature...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #48  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpark2011 View Post
Hi, i am new to the program and this is day 4 for me. My biggest struggle is the packets! i am having a hard time finding ones i like! from process of elimination it seems its only the puddings i like...so my question is about egg whites..if i have egg whites in the am instead of the protein pack am i doing a disservice? my coach is away so cannot ask her! i have no problem eating the veggies and of course like the restricted snacks but two puddings a day may make me tired of the food fast...advice please! also, are we allowed diet gingerale (the one with splenda)
Thanks everyone! these boards are a godsend!!!

Somewhere on one of the threads,ive heard of people adding 3 egg whites and veggies in place of a protein packet.. or 2 whole eggs..

As for the diet pop..aspartame pop is a no no..but everyone has a different opinion on the use of pop..Personally, i drink crush cream soda which is made with splenda and is 0 0 0 ...Its no different then drinking carbonated water in my opinion..So.. i do drink maybe 1 a day..and thats just to keep me sane when starting out..its kind of like a treat for me ..and it helps to keep me drinking something so that i can get my thirst back and get more hydrated.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #49  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I saw a recipe on the forum for BBQ sauce and Ketchup..but is it permissible for phase 1?? cause i thought you couldnt have tomato paste or tomato sauce???
Old 06-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I also exercise with weights and do an intense workout, and I have not stopped. I told my coach right off the bat that I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and I wasn't going to stop now. I have been taking it a lot easier and just doing what I can and not working out so intensely, but I have not stopped. My coach did tell me that I might have slower losses than the average 3-7#, but I would probably drop inches quicker. I don't really care, as long as the fat comes off.

If you don't want to stop, then don't. Just take it down a notch. I have been OP for 3 weeks and have always had a loss. I am also fitting into clothes that I couldn't wear at this weight the last time I was under 160. So, I think that the exercise IS helping to lose inches, even if I am only down 10# in 3 weeks. It is up to you, but there is no way I am ever going to stop exercising.
Thanks jennydoodle, I was thinking exactly like you I have worked so hard to make exercise a part of my life. I know it is only for a month but a month is a long time. I am going to take your advice and just take it down a bit. Instead of 3 times a week I am just going to go 1-2 and see how it goes. I have cancelled Thurs and Sat's session but will go Tues.

Last edited by Vicjul; 06-22-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #51  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I saw a recipe on the forum for BBQ sauce and Ketchup..but is it permissible for phase 1?? cause i thought you couldnt have tomato paste or tomato sauce???
Check out Walden Farms Ketchup and BBQ sauce. I believe we can use them. I use the salad dressing-Honey-Dijon. It is not bad.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #52  
I know I can

Quote:
Somewhere on one of the threads,ive heard of people adding 3 egg whites and veggies in place of a protein packet.. or 2 whole eggs..

As for the diet pop..aspartame pop is a no no..but everyone has a different opinion on the use of pop..Personally, i drink crush cream soda which is made with splenda and is 0 0 0 ...Its no different then drinking carbonated water in my opinion..So.. i do drink maybe 1 a day..and thats just to keep me sane when starting out..its kind of like a treat for me ..and it helps to keep me drinking something so that i can get my thirst back and get more hydrated.
One Diet Coke kicked me out of ketosis. I LOVE Diet Coke! Just don't understand it....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I drink those Sparkling Ice drinks, they're flavored carbonated water. They really help keep me on track and I may not have one every day. If I find that they stall my loss, I'll stop drinking them. Until then, they're a great alternative to eating things not OP or eating too many restricteds. Sometimes you have to do what works for you. It is all 0's and my sheet didn't say no pop.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Good Bye to the 190's............Hello to the 180's...Wahooo...Cartwheel....Cartwheel......170's ...watch out!!!!

HOORAY and CONGRATS!!
I hit the exact same weight this morning-what a great feeling!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Yeah! Down 4.4lbs today. Lost 1 inch from stomach, 1 inch from hips, and 1/2 inch from each thigh! this put me under 200lbs! I haven't been less than 200 since before my 2yr old was born!

Originally I planned to treat myself to a hot stone massage for making my first mini-goal, but have decided on a pedicure instead. We are finally getting nice weather & I want to wear cute wedges and sandals. My feet are looking gnarly right now. So pedicure for me on Friday!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #56  

Height: 5'3"

I don't know how everyone else is always full... I am starving an hour after I eat and I am doing everything exactly as I was told. I am still in my first week so maybe I am still adjusting?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody, I just thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Carrie and I just had my 5th weigh in today and I'm officially down 14 pounds from when I started. I've been lurking for about the past month. Everyone here is so inspiring and I'm so glad I found you guys! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
I don't know how everyone else is always full... I am starving an hour after I eat and I am doing everything exactly as I was told. I am still in my first week so maybe I am still adjusting?
You can have unlimited lettuce, so make an extra salad. I also snacked on dill pickle spears a lot the first week.

When ketosis kicks in, you won't feel as hungry.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #59  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
You can have unlimited lettuce, so make an extra salad. I also snacked on dill pickle spears a lot the first week.

When ketosis kicks in, you won't feel as hungry.
OOO I thought I could only have lettuce at lunch or dinner! Thank you! Pickles sound fantastic right now
Old 06-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hi everybody, I just thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Carrie and I just had my 5th weigh in today and I'm officially down 14 pounds from when I started. I've been lurking for about the past month. Everyone here is so inspiring and I'm so glad I found you guys! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Welcome Carrie!!! IP is fantastic and this website is the best! You will find some very good advice and you will learn something new everyday

Okay I have to say this because it is driving me crazy at work...and making me EXTRA hungry -_-!!!!!
When I get out of the building..I am at about 10 feet of the RIB FEST !!!!!!!
Alllll morning there was the rib sauce smell as if I was standing right next to the BBQ (and I am on the 6th floor) obviously making it hard for me to concentrate and working..because my stomach was going a bit crazy and screaming : GIMME GIMME GIMME (honestly ?!?!?) I ate my veggies, my peanut soy puffs and drank drank drank drank water..it calmed me down..but now it's BACK!!!!!!! I don't know what I will do tomorrow..I might bring a thing to block my nose LOL
I probably gained a pound just by smelling the damn thing!

Okay I just had to vent it out!
Closed Thread