Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #31  

Default love this site

I am new to this site and just love reading what everyone has to say about IP. I started on March 17 and have lost 37 lbs. I have been getting "bored" with the same ole food, but I am getting great ideas from reading this site.

I have one question. This week I have felt like crap. Not sick, just stomach does not feel right. Before I started this diet I had terrible diareha and was on medication for it. I was in the bathroom all the time. Since I started IP I don't have it, but I don't have a bowel movement very often. I think that is why I don't feel good. Any advice of what I should or shouldn't be doing. I think this week it will affect my weight loss because my scale says I am up and last week I lost 5.2 lbs. So something is wrong.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Had my first weight in today down 7 pounds and very happy about it. My coach met Dr Tran over the weekend so she was super excited about the program. I have been weight training and weight trained the entire time I was on the program last year. My coach wants me to stop for a month as she said I will see results a lot quicker. Plus she said Dr Tran is against any kind of intense workout while on the program which is understandable given the low calories. Not sure I can stop for a month as I have been going 3 times a week for close to two years and I enjoy it. Not even sure what I can say as my oldest daughter works there. Since I have started back on IP I have only gone once as I was sick all last week. I have cancelled my next two Saturday sessions as I am busy and tentatively cancelled tomorrow. I understand what she is saying and I makes sense. I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time.
I also exercise with weights and do an intense workout, and I have not stopped. I told my coach right off the bat that I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and I wasn't going to stop now. I have been taking it a lot easier and just doing what I can and not working out so intensely, but I have not stopped. My coach did tell me that I might have slower losses than the average 3-7#, but I would probably drop inches quicker. I don't really care, as long as the fat comes off.

If you don't want to stop, then don't. Just take it down a notch. I have been OP for 3 weeks and have always had a loss. I am also fitting into clothes that I couldn't wear at this weight the last time I was under 160. So, I think that the exercise IS helping to lose inches, even if I am only down 10# in 3 weeks. It is up to you, but there is no way I am ever going to stop exercising.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I also exercise with weights and do an intense workout, and I have not stopped. I told my coach right off the bat that I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and I wasn't going to stop now. I have been taking it a lot easier and just doing what I can and not working out so intensely, but I have not stopped. My coach did tell me that I might have slower losses than the average 3-7#, but I would probably drop inches quicker. I don't really care, as long as the fat comes off.

If you don't want to stop, then don't. Just take it down a notch. I have been OP for 3 weeks and have always had a loss. I am also fitting into clothes that I couldn't wear at this weight the last time I was under 160. So, I think that the exercise IS helping to lose inches, even if I am only down 10# in 3 weeks. It is up to you, but there is no way I am ever going to stop exercising.
Oh- and I also do 4 packets a day w/ working out. (1) packet for breakfast, protein on my own at lunch, (1) restricted snack around 4, workout 5:30-6:30pm, RTD shake right after workout, (1) packet for dinner.

I have found that having a restricted snack an hour or so before working out gives me more energy during my workout.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Bye to the 190's............Hello to the 180's...Wahooo...Cartwheel....Cartwheel......170's ...watch out!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #35  

I could use a little encouragement that this diet will continue to work! I just had my 3rd WI and I am down 10# total. This is something that would normally take me 2-3 months to do on any other diet.

But the assurances I need is that it is not going to stop working. On any other diet, the 1st weight loss would be great, the 2nd good, the 3rd ok and then by the 4th or 5th week I am lucky to be losing 1/2 pound if anything at all. I know I just mentioned about the exercising and that my coach said I might not see the same kind of losses, but I will still lose, right??? Of course this is all contingent on staying OP, but I am so used to the weight losses stopping that I am kind of nervous about it happening again. I would definitely be happy with 2# a week b/c that is more than anything else I have ever tried.

WI#1: -5.6, WI#2: -2.4, WI#3: -2
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Good Bye to the 190's............Hello to the 180's...Wahooo...Cartwheel....Cartwheel......170's ...watch out!!!!
Congratulations! That is such a good feeling isn't it? I just weighed myself this morning and it was 179 so I am saying goodbye to the 180's. Yea. I love this diet. Now I can't wait to see the 160's. Great job!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Had my first weight in today down 7 pounds and very happy about it. My coach met Dr Tran over the weekend so she was super excited about the program. I have been weight training and weight trained the entire time I was on the program last year. My coach wants me to stop for a month as she said I will see results a lot quicker. Plus she said Dr Tran is against any kind of intense workout while on the program which is understandable given the low calories. Not sure I can stop for a month as I have been going 3 times a week for close to two years and I enjoy it. Not even sure what I can say as my oldest daughter works there. Since I have started back on IP I have only gone once as I was sick all last week. I have cancelled my next two Saturday sessions as I am busy and tentatively cancelled tomorrow. I understand what she is saying and I makes sense. I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time.
Way to go - 7# is great. I was working out with a trainer twice a week before I started. I've been on the plan for only 2 weeks and I didn't exercise but I am planning on starting my exercise routine next week. My coach said that I could exercise just do 1/2 as strenuous as I was doing so I am going to try and see what happens.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #38  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
I could use a little encouragement that this diet will continue to work! I just had my 3rd WI and I am down 10# total. This is something that would normally take me 2-3 months to do on any other diet.

But the assurances I need is that it is not going to stop working. On any other diet, the 1st weight loss would be great, the 2nd good, the 3rd ok and then by the 4th or 5th week I am lucky to be losing 1/2 pound if anything at all. I know I just mentioned about the exercising and that my coach said I might not see the same kind of losses, but I will still lose, right??? Of course this is all contingent on staying OP, but I am so used to the weight losses stopping that I am kind of nervous about it happening again. I would definitely be happy with 2# a week b/c that is more than anything else I have ever tried.

Don't worry --- it keeps working.

I've been on since mid February and have had solid weight loss when I stayed OP, except for a slight stall when my body was adjusting to the changes. My coach had me up my packets from 3 to 4 per day, since my body had gone into starvation mode from having too few packets.

Just keep working it --- you are doing great!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I can relate to that! I found that around 3-4 weeks I really KNEW this would work for me. It was still hard at times, but the KNOWING made it easier.

It is common around 4-6 weeks to have a bit of a stall, so don't panic! It doesn't mean you won't lose anymore; it's usually just the occasional 0 or 1 lb loss as your body adjusts. Also, as I got down to the last few lbs, the numbers were smaller, of course.

You've made it through the worst part - you're going to do great! It really does work like nothing else!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #40  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

So just got weighed, and as expected, I was up. By more than a pound though! Grrr argh. Might go look up those probiotics someone mentioned and see if they help with the bloatedness and how that affects things.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #41  

Default A little advice please!!

Hi, i am new to the program and this is day 4 for me. My biggest struggle is the packets! i am having a hard time finding ones i like! from process of elimination it seems its only the puddings i like...so my question is about egg whites..if i have egg whites in the am instead of the protein pack am i doing a disservice? my coach is away so cannot ask her! i have no problem eating the veggies and of course like the restricted snacks but two puddings a day may make me tired of the food fast...advice please! also, are we allowed diet gingerale (the one with splenda)
Thanks everyone! these boards are a godsend!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #42  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren61 View Post
I am new to this site and just love reading what everyone has to say about IP. I started on March 17 and have lost 37 lbs. I have been getting "bored" with the same ole food, but I am getting great ideas from reading this site.

I have one question. This week I have felt like crap. Not sick, just stomach does not feel right. Before I started this diet I had terrible diareha and was on medication for it. I was in the bathroom all the time. Since I started IP I don't have it, but I don't have a bowel movement very often. I think that is why I don't feel good. Any advice of what I should or shouldn't be doing. I think this week it will affect my weight loss because my scale says I am up and last week I lost 5.2 lbs. So something is wrong.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
I would probably see a doctor. Are you drinking all of the water? Eating lets of lettuce?
I know that IP recommends the Novi-Cleanse at week 4.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #43  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpark2011 View Post
Hi, i am new to the program and this is day 4 for me. My biggest struggle is the packets! i am having a hard time finding ones i like! from process of elimination it seems its only the puddings i like...so my question is about egg whites..if i have egg whites in the am instead of the protein pack am i doing a disservice? my coach is away so cannot ask her! i have no problem eating the veggies and of course like the restricted snacks but two puddings a day may make me tired of the food fast...advice please! also, are we allowed diet gingerale (the one with splenda)
Thanks everyone! these boards are a godsend!!!
I would do the egg whites. They are protein. Just talk to your coach when she gets back.
I am only doing the packets of puddings.
I was told coffee, tea and water. No diet drinks.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I completely understand, I have been working out for the last year 3 to 5 days a week doing boot camps strenght training and running. I was also doing the clean eating thing and lost only 10 lbs and that took about 7 months, then I quite losing alltogether. I gave up a couple weeks ago as I felt like I was working sooooo hard and getting minimal results. Im going to be starting the IP diet in another week and am hoping to finaly see some results. However, Id like to get back to working out as it sure makes me feel good both mentally and physically. Good luck on your journey!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #45  
I know I can

Quote:

I know I keep saying this BUT, my dad is my motivator. He was on IP for 3 months and lost 50 pounds. He is 72 years old. He did not cheat. He kept going. He wanted to do this and he did! If he did it, WE can sure do it.
Closed Thread