Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
YES!YES!YES! I did the same thing, I thought for sure something had to medically wrong with me because there was no way I shouldn't have been losing weight. This went on for almost a year and a half, and I was at my wits end. I had everything tested that I could think of! Of course, I came back healthy as a horse and for the life of me could not figure out why at my age (36) monitoring everything I eat and working out 5-6x a week, I was barely squeezing into a size 12. Even my mother was like "I don't understand, with everything you do, you should be tiny"

Thanks! I am super excited being back in the 150's, and the fact that I can actually wear clothes that button and zipper

BTW- did you decide to continue working out through IP too?
I decided to take the first week off, and now I'm considering taking this second week off as well. My doctor said he believed I might be in "starvation mode" - you know, this term gets thrown around a lot... I wish there was some true way to find out if you really are or not. Anyway, because of that I just wanted to give my metabolism a break, and it seems to be working. I debated a lot about it, because I was so proud of how my cardiovascular capacity had improved, and I know that even taking a few days off sets you back in that department, but at the end decided that if I could get there once, I could do it again. But I'm definitively going to start again during week #3, and I"m ready with my HR monitor to not overdo it.

Good luck on whatever you decide! At the end of the day, we know our bodies better than anybody else

Last edited by Gika; 06-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Okay I have to say this because it is driving me crazy at work...and making me EXTRA hungry -_-!!!!!
When I get out of the building..I am at about 10 feet of the RIB FEST !!!!!!!
Alllll morning there was the rib sauce smell as if I was standing right next to the BBQ (and I am on the 6th floor) obviously making it hard for me to concentrate and working..because my stomach was going a bit crazy and screaming : GIMME GIMME GIMME (honestly ?!?!?) I ate my veggies, my peanut soy puffs and drank drank drank drank water..it calmed me down..but now it's BACK!!!!!!! I don't know what I will do tomorrow..I might bring a thing to block my nose LOL
I probably gained a pound just by smelling the damn thing!

Okay I just had to vent it out!
That would be pure torture for me! I LOVE BBQ. You have amazing will power and are my hero!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #93  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh man bbq!! You want to know whats worse?? There is a fish and chip shop down the main street of our town and you can smell it down the road..oh its killer..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great day!

NSV for me today, size 12 jeans at Old Navy were too big! I also had a surprise celebration for my 5-year work anniversary, and it was super sweet of my boss to put together. They had a ton of cupcakes, but I didn't even so much as touch one, so I was proud of myself!

You have a lot to be proud of! Congratulations on the NSV and making through you work anniversary. You're doing awesome!

Last edited by Lace and Levis; 06-22-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Only 1.2 this week....ugh. I take heart in everyone's WI numbers and know it can happen some weeks. At least it's a loss
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #96  

I'm so excited my mom and I are celebrating my 30lb loss tomorrow. We are going out for manicures and pedicures my hubby's treat! He's so excited for me and has always treated me like a

I've have no clothes that fit so I had to go get a few things and I think it was harder emotionally than anything else. It was fun to get smaller sizes but my mind has not caught up with my new figure. I still look for clothes that help hide my figure so mom had to work her mommy magic and mommy phychiatry. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself the size my new clothes reflect. Hopefully, my mind will catch up soon.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #97  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
I'm so excited my mom and I are celebrating my 30lb loss tomorrow. We are going out for manicures and pedicures my hubby's treat! He's so excited for me and has always treated me like a

I've have no clothes that fit so I had to go get a few things and I think it was harder emotionally than anything else. It was fun to get smaller sizes but my mind has not caught up with my new figure. I still look for clothes that help hide my figure so mom had to work her mommy magic and mommy phychiatry. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself the size my new clothes reflect. Hopefully, my mind will catch up soon.
Congrats on the 30lbs!
Enjoy your day with your mom and go for the ROCK STAR toes if your spa has them.....they are the best, sparkles and shine.

Don't know when our minds catch up but my mom had to do the same thing the other night.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

They use to start the thread about 6 am....and I am on to early so I miss the morning chats...and at night its late...
I miss the early birds....

Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Congrats on the 30lbs!
Enjoy your day with your mom and go for the ROCK STAR toes if your spa has them.....they are the best, sparkles and shine.

Don't know when our minds catch up but my mom had to do the same thing the other night.
Thank you! And aren't mom's great! I know we're fortunate to have mom's like ours. Congrats on your weight loss as well!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Oh man bbq!! You want to know whats worse?? There is a fish and chip shop down the main street of our town and you can smell it down the road..oh its killer..
There is nothing that taste as good as your going to feel...believe me I know..nothing...

I lost 14 of these blobs of 5lb fat
: dance:
Old 06-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Default weigh in #3!!

had my third weigh in today and i have lost 9 pounds and 15 inches!!!!

today for supper i made zucchini 'pasta' with peppers, leeks, and asparagus..YUM!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #102  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I saw a recipe on the forum for BBQ sauce and Ketchup..but is it permissible for phase 1?? cause i thought you couldnt have tomato paste or tomato sauce???
WF BBQ sauce is awesome. Never tried their ketchup, but Heinz makes a reduced sugar ketchup (1g carbs per serving instead of 4 g) - it's amazing to me that after having the reduced sugar version for so long, I can definitely taste the sugar in the regular version!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #103  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post

you are brave, I still haven't ventured into real stores, mainly because I am not near my goal and keep changing sizes. and the other truthfully am scared. Right now I have my friend's clothes and I venture to the used clothing stores for clothes. working so far. I would love to borrow someone's mom... I need help even walking and seeing myself in the window I see the fat me. Even when people say I look great, I still see the fat... hopefully everything will come together in the next 36 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
They use to start the thread about 6 am....and I am on to early so I miss the morning chats...and at night its late...
I miss the early birds....

I would start it but I am in the West so 6am is still later for the east and I love them for starting it earlier. How is your shop doing? I hope you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprotein View Post
had my third weigh in today and i have lost 9 pounds and 15 inches!!!!

today for supper i made zucchini 'pasta' with peppers, leeks, and asparagus..YUM!!!
I love zucchin pasta, I mix it with the broccoli cheese soup (made into a sauce) nice and cheesy..

For whoever asked the other day about the cheese crisps, they aren't bad, but I like the other ridges better. They would be good crushed and to coat a chicken for baking... yum

Kellyg good luck with your wi tomorrow.

Have a nice night everyone.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 180/159/135-140

Hi everyone! I have been reading all these threads for the last month and half and everyone in here is quite inspiring. I started Ip with a goal of about 40 lbs to loose. I am half way there and could barely stomach my salad today! I am starting holidays in 2 weeks and am thinking that maybe it is time for a break and to re-start in a month. I need advice to not gain while off! My coach is good for motivation but not strong with nutritional facts. Basically she tells me not to combine fat and carbs. How much fat should I keep away from? is there a majic number that I should stay away from with each meal? Any advice would be great!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow- there are so many new names on here! Welcome to everyone! Congratulations to everyone who is fitting into new sizes and fully 'enjoying' all that IP has to offer. I lost 3 pounds this week (yay!) which happily landed me at 159.5- just squeaking in there but I'm so very happy to be here. It was exciting to discover that size 8 fits me now but I too am having trouble with a dysmorphic body image as all I can seem to see is the large parts of me. TOM started today and I believe it exacerbates this mentality. Hopefully in a few more pounds it will settle in a bit more. It's funny that when I was bigger I always thought I was smaller than I was and now that I'm smaller I see myself as being so large!
to Gika & Jennydoodle I hear you- I was following a low calorie balanced diet and working out 3-4/ week doing step classes and I fought hard for 6 months to lose 20 pounds. I ave lost 22 pounds on IP in 7 weeks. I too didn't want to give up exercise after having worked so hard to acheive a high fitness level but my coach said it would be best to cease for at least three weeks and then go at half capacity which I was not thrilled with. I did start exercising again in the fourth week but I found I was starving, tired and my weightloss stalled a bit. I think I will wait to begin a regular exercise regime until I'm in phase 4. Good luck with your decisions!
Closed Thread