Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Wednesday, June 22

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 21
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Hello hello...

So today I am supposed to have my 4week WI at noon. I am SO not looking forward to it. Last week I was only down 0.2lbs, and my home scale this week says I've gone UP almost 0.6lbs.

It was TOM from the 13th up until the 19th, but still disappointing. I also had HUGE issues with hunger and carb cravings (and still having them) since it started. I also still feel bloated (which I never had issues with before).

Just have to wait and see what happens. Will update with actual results later.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday!

Wow! We have sun for the first time in days. How nice!

The sun brightens my mood, but the scale does not! Today is my Wi day and I'm up 2 lbs. That's a first since starting IP. I know it's all the hormones and water and whatever, but I'm feeling a little betrayed by my body today.

I'll just take a deep breath and look forward to a turn around.

I hope everyone has a successful, fabulous day!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
Hello hello...

So today I am supposed to have my 4week WI at noon. I am SO not looking forward to it. Last week I was only down 0.2lbs, and my home scale this week says I've gone UP almost 0.6lbs.

It was TOM from the 13th up until the 19th, but still disappointing. I also had HUGE issues with hunger and carb cravings (and still having them) since it started. I also still feel bloated (which I never had issues with before).

When I feel icky and bloated, I take some probiotics and I seem to be cured in one or two days... It's probably just your system being backed up. You'll see the weight improve drastically once the problem is resolved. Also, avoid really salty food and marinades until it's passed... if I eat soy/Chinese style food it makes it worst. My favorite probiotic is Udo's Choice Adult blend and I find it at Whole Foods... Keep 'em in the fridge.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

I am on day 2 of phase 1. Happy to report that my vacation weight is gone I am going to stay on this for a week or so and then back to my lovely and yummy phase 3 breakfasts. IP does work! I really enjoyed my vacation and didn't worry about food or weight. I knew that I would go phase 1 and it worked. To all newbies and those struggling... This is so worth it. YOU are so worth it!!! Feeling comfortable in your own skin and not worrying if everyone is looking at you is priceless. Happy in a swimsuit ...priceless. Yes this diet is hard work but the results are worth it. Keep at it and know that you can be you only better!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Gooood morning beautiful IP friends!!

I hope everyone is doing well..I haven't posted anything in a while but I have been reading and have been finding it really interesting!
I had a NSV last night!!! I went to the gym and decided to bike instead of "running"..and I noticed that I was able to go up to level 11 when only a few weeks ago level 7-8 was too hard!! WOUHOU I lost double the calories I usually burn and I just felt good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
Hello hello...

WijitingBoo...I had the same thing last week..I went down only 0.6lbs I was so disappointed..so my coach told me maybe you lost more in inches so she measured me and I had swollen up all over! I thought I was going to start crying especially because I was on track all week..then I looked at the calendar and saw that my TOM was approaching so water retention is all part of the game it's NOT fat!
My dear coach was telling me that she sees some women go up to 5-6lbs when their TOM is approaching..especially from their ovulation time until the end of their cycle. Make sure to drink LOTS of water to eliminate it and don't worry everything will go back to normal soon
Old 06-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #7  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Wijitingboo...I know how you feel. I have been on te program 4 weeks now and I am only down 6lbs. I weigh tomorrow but last week I only lost 1lb. I do follow the protocol so I am not sure what I am not doing right. I usually go to the gym three days a week but at the advice of my coach I do not lift weights right now

I will think skinny thoughts for your noon weigh in!

Tina
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

Did anyone skip their TOM in phase 1??
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Did anyone skip their TOM in phase 1??
It is normal that your TOM may play around..in the sens that the day may not be the exact same day as you usually have them..they might be longer or shorter it really depends on your body.
But some people just don't have them either or might come really late..it is part of the diet..you are changing everything in your system so it needs some getting used to!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/ip 219/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Today is my WI and I'm feeling pretty meh about it. I've been exhausted the last couple of days and I know I'm retaining water. I haven't lost a single pound this week, but we'll see what the scale says at WI.

Other than the lethargy and scale battle, I'm pretty good. I was hungry this morning, but I think that was just thirst.

We've got a lot of big life changes coming up in the next 2 weeks, so I better get some rest between now and when the madness starts!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread
Thanks for starting the daily thread... again. You seem to be our resident thread starter these days!! Much appreciated!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

As of this morning I have been on IP for two months, and I am down 30 pounds. Down a total of 36 pounds since February. Love it. I love that I know I will be able to reach my goal, it's not scary or unrealistic feeling anymore!!!
Last night I made the "pudding cakes"..and yum! I made my boyfriend have a taste and he agreed- he thinks they taste like dumplings. The only thing I did differently was add some splenda and doubled the recipe so I could have some today as well. After I had dinner last night I heated up some WF chocolate sauce and dipped them in it...YUM!!!
Another thing that is tasty that gets my veggies and protein in for dinner that I love has been a soup that my boyfriend makes (I leave my IP paperwork in the kitchen for him to follow along when he cooks). Turkey meatballs, kale and celery-again YUM!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
It is normal that your TOM may play around..in the sens that the day may not be the exact same day as you usually have them..they might be longer or shorter it really depends on your body.
But some people just don't have them either or might come really late..it is part of the diet..you are changing everything in your system so it needs some getting used to!
O thank goodness!! lol Thank you for your quick reply!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Was so exhausted yesterday that I went to bed early without having my snack or last 2 cal-mag supplements. whoops.

Pulled out some jeans I haven't worn in over a year. They fit my hips & thighs nicely and gap in the waist! A usual problem for me since I am VERY pear shaped. The weight loss has accentuated that once again. Also in need of new bras. I am on the last hooks, and they are feeling loose!

Excited for my WI over lunch today. I think it's a good day.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'4''

Good morning all....
I am very upset with myself today, its my TOM and I had my first breakdown lastnight (this is my 2nd week) and I had a piece of bread and a muffin....I just wanted to cry this morning!! I am sure this will affect my WI in friday!
OK I am done ranting, I am back on track today!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread