Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Did you workout while on IP ?

Sorry i guess the question is are you still working out while on IP?

I just finished my first week and I have not started working out yet. I had my first WI today and my coach and I discussed this. I was really pushing it, so she said if I MUST I could start, but I have to have an extra packet or extra protein. But she said it would be best if I wait one more week.

I decided not to work out the first week because my doctor thought that my body was in starvation mode and that's why I wasn't losing while I was working out so hard, so I didn't want to continue with that cycle.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to start working out this week or next, but I'm leaning more towards starting next week.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in. I'm 2.5 weeks in and going for my first official WI tomorrow at noon. I've been delayed on WI's as I've been on the road for the first two weeks. I'm interested to see what the numbers look like as I know my clothes are fitting better and my unofficial scales have me down around 15 pounds.

Back to cleaning the garage!
Way to go, Kelly!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Ok so WI #1 and I'm down 7 lbs! I'm really happy about it!

The only "unfortunate" thing is that I'm going to have to only go with my scale as I was told by my coach that their scale is off by 1-2 lbs. And so, I just can't trust that, i'll go insane. I came home and made sure my scale is working by weighing a few dumbbells of different weights. They all showed the right weight, so I think it's ok to trust my scale.

Congrats to everyone today in the various NSV and SV's!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
That is exactly what happened to me! I was working out 5-6 times a week for 2-3 hours at a time, and eating 1200-1500 cals of clean foods a day. I lost NOTHING, which prompted me to go to my doctor to make sure I didn't have a thyroid problem or something. Anyway, he's the one who recommended this program as well. So yeah, I just wanted to say congratulations on your current loss and being in the 150's!
YES!YES!YES! I did the same thing, I thought for sure something had to medically wrong with me because there was no way I shouldn't have been losing weight. This went on for almost a year and a half, and I was at my wits end. I had everything tested that I could think of! Of course, I came back healthy as a horse and for the life of me could not figure out why at my age (36) monitoring everything I eat and working out 5-6x a week, I was barely squeezing into a size 12. Even my mother was like "I don't understand, with everything you do, you should be tiny"

Thanks! I am super excited being back in the 150's, and the fact that I can actually wear clothes that button and zipper

BTW- did you decide to continue working out through IP too?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #80  
skp

Height: 5'8"

This is just the sort of information I need to hear. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

i have my third weigh in tomorrow and i am feeling nervous. Lets see what happens
Old 06-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #82  
skp

Height: 5'8"

This must have been a great feeling for you! Keep it up!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #83  

Hello all! I am on Day 2 of the IP phase 1 diet and am feeling very full. I do have company so it is a little bit harder to do this while I fix them different meals! I really believe I am going to lose this weight this summer!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

without fail I have seen that during the week my weight goes up a pound or two for no reason. even if I stick to the program
Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 215/179/150

So I lost 2.75 lbs! I am happy with that!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
I just finished my first week and I have not started working out yet. I had my first WI today and my coach and I discussed this. I was really pushing it, so she said if I MUST I could start, but I have to have an extra packet or extra protein. But she said it would be best if I wait one more week.

I decided not to work out the first week because my doctor thought that my body was in starvation mode and that's why I wasn't losing while I was working out so hard, so I didn't want to continue with that cycle.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to start working out this week or next, but I'm leaning more towards starting next week.
My coach said nothing for a month, but I am going to scale it down a bit and see how it goes. I know when you weight train you do retain water as I was 195 on Monday morning and then at the gym on Tues they weighed me at 4:00pm and I was 196 then I weight trained. This morning I weighed in with my coach at 198 !! I may just train on Thurs instead.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
i have my third weigh in tomorrow and i am feeling nervous. Lets see what happens
You'll do great!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Did anyone skip their TOM in phase 1??
Yes, my coach had mentioned that might happen.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #89  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I saw a recipe on the forum for BBQ sauce and Ketchup..but is it permissible for phase 1?? cause i thought you couldnt have tomato paste or tomato sauce???
it is your restricted veggie, you can have/make the bbq or ketchup but that would be your 1 restricted veggie for the week from the list. I have tried the BBQ and it is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Yeah! Down 4.4lbs today. Lost 1 inch from stomach, 1 inch from hips, and 1/2 inch from each thigh! this put me under 200lbs! I haven't been less than 200 since before my 2yr old was born!

Originally I planned to treat myself to a hot stone massage for making my first mini-goal, but have decided on a pedicure instead. We are finally getting nice weather & I want to wear cute wedges and sandals. My feet are looking gnarly right now. So pedicure for me on Friday!!!!!
Congrats that is great, keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
WI today was -4.2!! Woo! I also added my WI's from the whole time to my signature. I know that helps me to see other people have had slower weeks too. I can't believe it's almost been 3 months!

I'd be going a bit crazy smelling ribs all day too. Ouch. Keep strong! You can do it!
Not as bad as having to make homemade baked beansand smelling them cook all day... but it is good that we are strong enough to resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
*Warning* Food vent... skip if you're easily triggered!

Damnit! A volunteer came in to work today and brought donuts. Just when I'm feeling weak. No, I won't eat any, but I'm annoyed by having to defend my reasoning behind not eating them- damned food pushers!

Okay, vent/rant over. Just had to share somewhere I know people will understand.
Cindy it is okay, I think you just have to tell them no thank you and you don't have to even give them a reason. The right thing is to not have them. When I started I decided that all those temptations are going to be around me for the rest of my life so I wouldn't take them out of my house. I have slowly thrown some junk food out as I am thinking some are quite stale. Have things in my freezer too. Have candy jar on my desk at work and have all sorts of goodies. I think I have just set my mind that I don't need anything, I am on this diet to live and I don't need junk to live. at least right now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan232323 View Post
So I lost 2.75 lbs! I am happy with that!
That is great, any weight loss matters and you will never see it again.

Congrats to everyone with SVs and NSVs, and Welcome to the Newbies I see that there are a lot of you. Great program to do.

Been busy lately so haven't posted a lot, hopefully it will slow down so I can enjoy reading and writing to you all... later.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #90  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great day!

NSV for me today, size 12 jeans at Old Navy were too big! I also had a surprise celebration for my 5-year work anniversary, and it was super sweet of my boss to put together. They had a ton of cupcakes, but I didn't even so much as touch one, so I was proud of myself!
Closed Thread