Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I had my first official wi today - I'm down 8 lbs after being OP for 9 days. Yah! Here's to another week OP!
Yay, Laura!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hi all. SV for me today, I am one of those SW's, so I weigh every day. I take great pleasure in seeing those first thing in the morning low numbers, because I know soon I will see that at the Official WI in the clinic. Anywho, this morning I saw for the first time 159. The last time I saw 159 I am sure I was not as excited as I was this morning, because I was probably on my up in weight. I know I probably won't see 159 at the clinic for a week or two, but it was exciting for me none the less.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here, and I hope to get some yard work done, and just hang around the house. I am really looking forward to this weekend after a hellish week at work. It seems like these short weeks last forever!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Awesome! You're almost there!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #93  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have a new theory..I think the reason that we can go weeks with no lose..but lose inches is because..We lose fat underneath, and it takes time for the rest to resituate itself into the spaces that were created!!

I just took some half month pics..and I'm sorry..but 3 pounds does NOT show that much!!!

It's amazing the difference 2 weeks makes.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is my son's 8th birthday and we will be having a home party for him in a Star Wars theme!

When I first started IP, I had planned to be completely done with all four phases by today. The goal was to enjoy his birhtday and all the treats that go along with the day. Well, it's been slower than expected, I am not done, and for that, I am thankful now. It's been an amazing journey so far and I have learned a lot about myself. I have seen many unpleasant symptoms that I had learned to "just live with" go away and food no longer has the same hold on me, or even the same appeal that it once had. I am also realizing that I may never be able to eat that way ever again, even when my dieting is "done". I have mourned it and I think I may have come to terms with it, even though I still have my moments from time to time.

I am happy today! I am looking forward to my son's Star Wars party today and I am okay with staying OP today. It may be a little difficult but I really don't expect it to be too bad. The last time I had "kid party food", I was sick during his party... I had to stop a game halfway through and get someone else to replace me while I ran back and forth the washroom (that was highly in demand that day). This is one party where I will be healthy and energetic! I was able to actually fit into a Star Wars Yoda T-shirt (Yoda with sun glasses and the star wars logo in pink on an army green Tee) from a store that is obviously geared to the younger crowd (it was on sale for very inexpensve). Yeah, it's an XL from that store but I can actually wear it proudly and be that "cool mom" (or just a nerd or geek, whatever!), organzing games and playing with the kids at the party! I really am a big kid at heart! I don't need food to make me happy today, it is just fuel for my body and I can still have fun today!

Today, the sun will be shining, we can have the party outdoors with lots of people coming over. My son will hopefully have a magical day with lots of surprises, games and a great big present from mom & dad! What can be better?!?!
Have a really fun time celebrating your son today, Suzie! You're so close to your goal. I've loved being on this journey with you, and I really relate to being free of so many 'unpleasant symptoms' that we tend to think are because of age or menopause. I saw my naturopath yesterday for a follow-up on some bloodwork, and all the areas that were not-so-great, have improved!

Bet you're rocking that star wars T-shirt, too!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskDragonfly View Post
Well, my week was much better than expected. I am 100% OP and felt like I did not lose this week, but I was not disappointed. Have the motivation for the next week. People are starting to notice my weight loss now. What a great feeling! Stick with it and you will have success!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

need to update my ticker. I have lost 21 pounds now!
Congrats! You're doing really, really well!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
NSV yesterday.
I teach machine embroidery at my local sewing store one day a week and was getting ready to head out to class. When I went into my closet I discovered not too much that I can fit into any longer. All my slacks are either WAYYYYYYY too big or not quite big enough (like so many of us... I have various sizes of jeans, slacks, etc.--must have skipped a size, however) So.. I opted to wear a dress instead. I haven't been able to get into this dress in years... still very pretty and a classic style. I put it on and WOW! It not only fit, but it was just slightly loose. So I decided to wear it while I still could.

I received so MANY compliments and the fact that at -19 pounds people actually noticed that I am losing! I know that you probably know that feeling, but I had to share it anyway. I'm so thankful for IP and for the people on here who continually keep me motivated. I may be losing the weight, but it's because of your support that I am being so successful.

Thank you!
That's wonderful! Congratulations on the 19 pounds loss. It feels wonderful, doesn't it!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #97  

Well...today is the day I start phase 3! I thought I'd be doing it without quite making my goal, but I DID IT! I almost cried looking at my updated ticker; .6 below goal!

Stay strong, everyone! This amazing program will do it's work, we just have to work with it.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #98  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Well...today is the day I start phase 3! I thought I'd be doing it without quite making my goal, but I DID IT! I almost cried looking at my updated ticker; .6 below goal!

Stay strong, everyone! This amazing program will do it's work, we just have to work with it.
Congrats Blue & White! Way to go!

Last edited by MInewgoal; 06-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I have a new theory..I think the reason that we can go weeks with no lose..but lose inches is because..We lose fat underneath, and it takes time for the rest to resituate itself into the spaces that were created!!

I just took some half month pics..and I'm sorry..but 3 pounds does NOT show that much!!!

Minewgoal! You look fantastic, you can absolutely see the difference in the last couple of weeks! Way to go, Girl!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

WI#8 yesterday and down another 3 pounds! Woot woot! I have my TOM and I squeezed myself into a pair of size 13 pants, that were feeling kinda tight by mid-afternoon, so I wasn't expecting much loss...but that is fantastico!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #101  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks for your post... As for feeling icky, something that has worked for me is probiotics. When my digestion feels icky and slow, I take two and I seem to be fixed the next day. Since we're not eating any yoghurt cultures, I think this is something that we are missing from our diets.

Google "Udo's Choice Probiotic Blends: Adult's Blend". I got mine at Whole Foods. Keep 'em in the fridge.
That's an excellent sugestion! I will try that today. I love all of the Udo's Choice products Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #102  

Height: 5'3"

My coach sells some probiotics and I was thinking of trying them...I love losing the weight but everday feeling yucky in the tummy is annoying....although I have to say its better then feeling fat in the tummy haha.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #103  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post

I have to say i think your last 2 pics are a little tricky for the eyes. In the one where you 183, you are wearing black pants... In the 180 one, they are blue jeans. Either way, who cares about the little bits along the way. You are on your way to fantastic forever... and have come so far.

In your next progress picture, though, I'd like to see you smile. You're SO much prettier when you smile!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation Im confused

Happy Saturday everybody. I'm a little confused this am. I was totally OP yesterday, the only thing I did different is have a chicken soup abt 1130 last nite after getting home from the theater. I was hungry for the first time!. I was up 2 lbs this am??????!!!!!

What's up with that? Anybody had that kind of shocker? Must be fluid huh?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Happy Saturday everybody. I'm a little confused this am. I was totally OP yesterday, the only thing I did different is have a chicken soup abt 1130 last nite after getting home from the theater. I was hungry for the first time!. I was up 2 lbs this am??????!!!!!

What's up with that? Anybody had that kind of shocker? Must be fluid huh?
The soups are really high in sodium, so that could account for fluid retention, which it has to be, as you can't gain 2lbs of fat overnight! One of the downsides of daily weighing, don't worry!
Closed Thread