Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is my son's 8th birthday and we will be having a home party for him in a Star Wars theme!

When I first started IP, I had planned to be completely done with all four phases by today. The goal was to enjoy his birhtday and all the treats that go along with the day. Well, it's been slower than expected, I am not done, and for that, I am thankful now. It's been an amazing journey so far and I have learned a lot about myself. I have seen many unpleasant symptoms that I had learned to "just live with" go away and food no longer has the same hold on me, or even the same appeal that it once had. I am also realizing that I may never be able to eat that way ever again, even when my dieting is "done". I have mourned it and I think I may have come to terms with it, even though I still have my moments from time to time.

I am happy today! I am looking forward to my son's Star Wars party today and I am okay with staying OP today. It may be a little difficult but I really don't expect it to be too bad. The last time I had "kid party food", I was sick during his party... I had to stop a game halfway through and get someone else to replace me while I ran back and forth the washroom (that was highly in demand that day). This is one party where I will be healthy and energetic! I was able to actually fit into a Star Wars Yoda T-shirt (Yoda with sun glasses and the star wars logo in pink on an army green Tee) from a store that is obviously geared to the younger crowd (it was on sale for very inexpensve). Yeah, it's an XL from that store but I can actually wear it proudly and be that "cool mom" (or just a nerd or geek, whatever!), organzing games and playing with the kids at the party! I really am a big kid at heart! I don't need food to make me happy today, it is just fuel for my body and I can still have fun today!

Today, the sun will be shining, we can have the party outdoors with lots of people coming over. My son will hopefully have a magical day with lots of surprises, games and a great big present from mom & dad! What can be better?!?!
Have a great day Susie! I hope your son has a great birthday!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #77  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

NSV!!! I think my dad is going to consider this diet. Background: he has high blood pressure and arthritic knees. He had a scare the other day when he was told to double his blood pressure meds, but had been given a new medication for his knee pain. Anyway, long story short... he had a drug interaction (one caused blood pressure to drop when he took it without eating). He felt light-headed, sat down, threw up, and passed out momentarily... Luckily my parents live in a retirement community in AZ, so it took all of 4 minutes for 9 paramedics to show up after my mother called 911.

He is fine, but bought a BP monitor and is measuring 3x/day. I kindly suggested that it might be time to figure out a way of getting off the BP medicine. When I asked how he thought he might do that, he said "I guess I have to lose the weight." He's about 30-35 lbs overweight...

My parents are coming here on June 15th and we are going to the beach. I was originally planning to go to phase 2, but I think I will stick with phase 1 so that they can see me live the diet, and hopefully they will eat closer to Phase 2with some healthy carbs thrown in so that they can get a sense of what the diet would be like. I don't want him to enter ketosis or go directly on Phase 1 since he would need bloodwork, medical supervision, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I had my first official wi today - I'm down 8 lbs after being OP for 9 days. Yah! Here's to another week OP!
Wow! Great job. This diet only gets better. You will see results add up to amazing in no time. Keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Soooooo proud of you Laura!! Keep up the great work

I got pooped and peed on but yep, it was nice to spend it with 2 new bundles

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!!!
I guess that's a hazard of working with newborns. Glad you enjoyed your day. I do hope you were spoiled rotten in a non-food-centric kind of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hi all. SV for me today, I am one of those SW's, so I weigh every day. I take great pleasure in seeing those first thing in the morning low numbers, because I know soon I will see that at the Official WI in the clinic. Anywho, this morning I saw for the first time 159. The last time I saw 159 I am sure I was not as excited as I was this morning, because I was probably on my up in weight. I know I probably won't see 159 at the clinic for a week or two, but it was exciting for me none the less.
Congratulations! 159 is my next mini-goal. I am SO happy for you. I too can't remember the last time I weighed 159. In fact, my lowest weight ever after high school was 164 in grad school... I was doing weight watchers, walking 2 miles each day, and hiking fourteeners (8+ mils and lots of elevation change) each and every weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophly0709 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I had my first official WI this afternoon and I am down 8.6#'s!! I am so excited!!! I will definitely be staying OP for many weeks to come!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and the start of the weekend!
Congratulations! You have a great attitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy nancy View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for drinks on the Ideal Protein Diet. My friend and I are going to a dance tomorrow night and are wondering what our options are.
I normally just order club soda with lime. It looks like a cocktail. If you want, get some MIO water flavor to take with you (look near crystal light) -- my coach says it's allowed -- and add some to your drink. The pomegranate one will make it look like you are drinking a vodka cranberry-type drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingtime View Post
Hi, I'm pretty sure the soy patties are a restricted. Atleast thats what I was told by my coach. Of course we all get different information.

I know in my case like some of you are finding I was told to have a restricted a day from the start. I was my coach's first client though so she is going on the most up to date information whereas someone that has been doing it along time may not be.
I LOVE IP
The soy patties are not restricted. However, they also don't taste great (my opinion). I have only had one and won't be buying them again.

Quote:
When I first started IP, I had planned to be completely done with all four phases by today. The goal was to enjoy his birhtday and all the treats that go along with the day. Well, it's been slower than expected, I am not done, and for that, I am thankful now.
You are SO close to your goal and doing well on phase 2... I am glad that you are so positive even though you didn't quite make the goal.

I once brought up the idea of a goal date with the doctor who meets with me once each month (his wife is my coach). He said, quite simply, don't pick a date... you have no idea what will happen. He also advised me that I was allowed to throw out the idea of a goal weight and just take things 5 lbs at a time. I like that he is open minded and doesn't want me to stress about the program. I have taken that attitude to heart... one week at a time and things keep improving.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #78  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
NSV!!! I think my dad is going to consider this diet. Background: he has high blood pressure and arthritic knees. He had a scare the other day when he was told to double his blood pressure meds, but had been given a new medication for his knee pain. Anyway, long story short... he had a drug interaction (one caused blood pressure to drop when he took it without eating). He felt light-headed, sat down, threw up, and passed out momentarily... Luckily my parents live in a retirement community in AZ, so it took all of 4 minutes for 9 paramedics to show up after my mother called 911.

He is fine, but bought a BP monitor and is measuring 3x/day. I kindly suggested that it might be time to figure out a way of getting off the BP medicine. When I asked how he thought he might do that, he said "I guess I have to lose the weight." He's about 30-35 lbs overweight...

My parents are coming here on June 15th and we are going to the beach. I was originally planning to go to phase 2, but I think I will stick with phase 1 so that they can see me live the diet, and hopefully they will eat closer to Phase 2with some healthy carbs thrown in so that they can get a sense of what the diet would be like. I don't want him to enter ketosis or go directly on Phase 1 since he would need bloodwork, medical supervision, etc...

I once brought up the idea of a goal date with the doctor who meets with me once each month (his wife is my coach). He said, quite simply, don't pick a date... you have no idea what will happen. He also advised me that I was allowed to throw out the idea of a goal weight and just take things 5 lbs at a time. I like that he is open minded and doesn't want me to stress about the program. I have taken that attitude to heart... one week at a time and things keep improving.
That's a great NSV! I wish my dad would be able to change the way he's eating for his health. He's not in poor health, but it's his side of the family that carries the blood sugar issues that he and I share. It would be a relief if that could change.

I really appreciate the way your coach is handling goals. It's so much less stressful to consider things in baby steps. I don't even know what weight I'll feel good at. It has been so long since I've been under 190 that I don't remember what it's like.

I'm one of those SWs and my weight is stuck. Boo! I have weighed the same every morning for nearly a week. I still feel icky in the tummy, so I can't help but assume the two are related. After reading the thread about the cleanse yesterday, I'm turned off on the idea. I was looking for a quick fix- but it will work itself out eventually.

I have a lunch date with a colleague today. We're going to an Indian restaurant and I have no idea what I'm going to eat there! Probably not much

I hope everyone has wonderful weather and a great day on IP.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #79  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I'm one of those SWs and my weight is stuck. Boo! I have weighed the same every morning for nearly a week. I still feel icky in the tummy, so I can't help but assume the two are related. After reading the thread about the cleanse yesterday, I'm turned off on the idea. I was looking for a quick fix- but it will work itself out eventually.
Thanks for your post... As for feeling icky, something that has worked for me is probiotics. When my digestion feels icky and slow, I take two and I seem to be fixed the next day. Since we're not eating any yoghurt cultures, I think this is something that we are missing from our diets.

Google "Udo's Choice Probiotic Blends: Adult's Blend". I got mine at Whole Foods. Keep 'em in the fridge.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'8

Hello! This is my first post, although I've enjoyed this site for some time. I lost 40 pounds on IP a few years ago and kept it off for a while, but let things slide and gained back 20 pounds. Now I'm back on track, fully committed, and decided that participating on this forum might help to stay on plan.

I love this way of eating, to be honest. It's when I think a cocktail, glass of wine or dessert will somehow make me feel better, I start to lose control. One glass of wine leads to two, and a little slice of cake can be the start of something much more decadent. So, when I stay on program, life itself is sweet.

I like reading all the posts and hope my experience with IP can benefit others and vice versa. I've gone from 175 to 163 in four weeks, and think I'd like to see what 150 looks like.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is my son's 8th birthday and we will be having a home party for him in a Star Wars theme!

When I first started IP, I had planned to be completely done with all four phases by today. The goal was to enjoy his birhtday and all the treats that go along with the day. Well, it's been slower than expected, I am not done, and for that, I am thankful now. It's been an amazing journey so far and I have learned a lot about myself. I have seen many unpleasant symptoms that I had learned to "just live with" go away and food no longer has the same hold on me, or even the same appeal that it once had. I am also realizing that I may never be able to eat that way ever again, even when my dieting is "done". I have mourned it and I think I may have come to terms with it, even though I still have my moments from time to time.

I am happy today! I am looking forward to my son's Star Wars party today and I am okay with staying OP today. It may be a little difficult but I really don't expect it to be too bad. The last time I had "kid party food", I was sick during his party... I had to stop a game halfway through and get someone else to replace me while I ran back and forth the washroom (that was highly in demand that day). This is one party where I will be healthy and energetic! I was able to actually fit into a Star Wars Yoda T-shirt (Yoda with sun glasses and the star wars logo in pink on an army green Tee) from a store that is obviously geared to the younger crowd (it was on sale for very inexpensve). Yeah, it's an XL from that store but I can actually wear it proudly and be that "cool mom" (or just a nerd or geek, whatever!), organzing games and playing with the kids at the party! I really am a big kid at heart! I don't need food to make me happy today, it is just fuel for my body and I can still have fun today!

Today, the sun will be shining, we can have the party outdoors with lots of people coming over. My son will hopefully have a magical day with lots of surprises, games and a great big present from mom & dad! What can be better?!?!
What a beautiful attitude!! Have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCyclist View Post
Hello! This is my first post, although I've enjoyed this site for some time. I lost 40 pounds on IP a few years ago and kept it off for a while, but let things slide and gained back 20 pounds. Now I'm back on track, fully committed, and decided that participating on this forum might help to stay on plan.

I love this way of eating, to be honest. It's when I think a cocktail, glass of wine or dessert will somehow make me feel better, I start to lose control. One glass of wine leads to two, and a little slice of cake can be the start of something much more decadent. So, when I stay on program, life itself is sweet.

I like reading all the posts and hope my experience with IP can benefit others and vice versa. I've gone from 175 to 163 in four weeks, and think I'd like to see what 150 looks like.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Welcome back!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #82  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy nancy View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for drinks on the Ideal Protein Diet. My friend and I are going to a dance tomorrow night and are wondering what our options are.
A little Club Soda with a squirt of lemon??? Or... a nice cold glass of H2O with lots of ice and lemon? Sorry.. not much in the way of staying OP in the beverage dept at dances or clubs.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalynn View Post
I was allowed restricted since day 1. Coach tells me we need to have at least one a day. Funny how IP coaches are telling each of us different things. Wow!
This is probably one of the reasons why there are so many questions that have to be continually answered here. Even when we're on 100% IP, there are discrepancies. Quite honestly, however, it may have something to do with the amount of weight one has to lose. For example, a person with 50-100 or more pounds to lose probably requires more than someone who had 20 or so pounds to lose.

I'm not a professional my any means, and I can only offer my opinion, but this sounds reasonable to me. What does everyone else think? Could this be part of the confusion even for those who are using the IP products, plan, and have a coach? just wondering...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #84  

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

I can't tell you just how happy I am for you! As I read your post, I found myself smiling and remembering when I was planning parties for my own son. I know you will enjoy the day! Take pictures and share at least on of them here. I'd love to see your Yoda shirt!

Hugs to you, my friend!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #85  

Well, my week was much better than expected. I am 100% OP and felt like I did not lose this week, but I was not disappointed. Have the motivation for the next week. People are starting to notice my weight loss now. What a great feeling! Stick with it and you will have success!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

need to update my ticker. I have lost 21 pounds now!

Last edited by SaskDragonfly; 06-04-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #86  

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;3877486]NSV!!! I think my dad is going to consider this diet. Background: he has high blood pressure and arthritic knees. He had a scare the other day when he was told to double his blood pressure meds, but had been given a new medication for his knee pain. Anyway, long story short... he had a drug interaction (one caused blood pressure to drop when he took it without eating). He felt light-headed, sat down, threw up, and passed out momentarily... Luckily my parents live in a retirement community in AZ, so it took all of 4 minutes for 9 paramedics to show up after my mother called 911.

Wow... I'm so sorry to learn about your father. I will definitely keep him in my prayers and hope that he will work the program and get that weight off. In just a month, my BP was significantly and consistantly lower--enough so that my cardiologist cut my BP meds in half and said that if I keep going at the rate I'm going, that I will no longer need any BP meds. So... there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Also, not having those 30-35 pounds beating up his knees will also help. Your success will be a great incentive for him and you are a wonderful daughter!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Happy Friday everyone

I had WI 15 this morning and no shocker for me, I didn't have a loss OR a gain. It's been a bit of a rough week as last weekend I had a bridal shower and ate a small sandwich and a couple of strawberries and then just yesterday, I took the kids out to Boston Pizza as they've been begging to go and I decided to treat myself for my birthday with a couple small pieces of pizza and a couple of breadsticks. I knew what I was doing and what I was up against and I am ok with it. I kinda wish I had waited for that birthday treat until today since today is my actual birthday but what's done is done and I'm back at it this week. I am thankful that I didn't have a gain and also thankful that when I have indulged, I haven't gone overboard and feel MUCH MORE in control than I ever have in this life. It truly gives me hope that when I make it to maintenance, it won't be as scary as I once thought

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm spending mine with a couple of sweet newborns in the studio
Happy birthday, Stacy! Hope you had a great day yesterday.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Happy Birthday!
Love your new pic!!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #89  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Happy Saturday to all! Here's to a great weekend for everyone and for each of us to take the time to do something fun for ourselves.

My fun is cleaning out all my lower kitchen cabinets, new counter tops on Monday.....OK, maybe not fun but worth it for the new counter tops.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I believe I'm in the TOM right now - I feel so yucky but I haven't gained any weight. My only fear is that I won't loose this week...which is a silly fear as I haven't changed anything so why wouldn't I loose....such a vicious cycle LOL!

I'm working on a fence this weekend....hopefully it won't rain. Have a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread