Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #16  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Nice NSV this morning, one of the guy's in our office.

Thanks Jo.

I start today. Wish me luck!

Going cold turkey off pop. Should be an adventure!
Awesome.

I have some pretty big shoes to fill with you
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFit View Post
What a dream I had last night......I was back to my skinny minnie weight (oh, how good I felt) and yet I had about 3-5 candy bars in each hand,,,eating them.....then realized "hey, this going to put my weight back on, so put them in my pocket"...weird I know.

Guess I got my chocolate binge out in my dreams!!

Have a great weekend all,,,,,and keep it up!!
Ah you hit the dreaming of food stage, it is a very interesting stage lasts about a month... every once and a while I still have those dreams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
NSV yesterday.
I teach machine embroidery at my local sewing store one day a week and was getting ready to head out to class. When I went into my closet I discovered not too much that I can fit into any longer. All my slacks are either WAYYYYYYY too big or not quite big enough (like so many of us... I have various sizes of jeans, slacks, etc.--must have skipped a size, however) So.. I opted to wear a dress instead. I haven't been able to get into this dress in years... still very pretty and a classic style. I put it on and WOW! It not only fit, but it was just slightly loose. So I decided to wear it while I still could.

I received so MANY compliments and the fact that at -19 pounds people actually noticed that I am losing! I know that you probably know that feeling, but I had to share it anyway. I'm so thankful for IP and for the people on here who continually keep me motivated. I may be losing the weight, but it's because of your support that I am being so successful.

Thank you!
Congratulations that is great, and share away this is what we like to hear the pounds coming off and the compliments.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #18  
IP started 4/25/11
Thread Starter
 
MInewgoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 363

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good morning everyone, have a great weekend and keep up the good work. Try something different this weekend, I of course will be walking my dogs, but I also give blood on Saturday, so do you know what that means? I can't lift anything heavy for 8 hours... no housework, no yard work... yahoo like a vacation.
Riderollercoast-

I just have to comment!!! From reading and reading threads the past couple months I'm pretty sure that Donating blood while on IP is a horrible IDEA! 3 ppl that did it without thinking, passed out. When you are on a diet with cal intake under 1000 you really should not be donating blood.

I just wanted to warn you. You could research it a bit first. If you do donate...sit a lot longer then you normally would, and bring your bar to eat after words.
MInewgoal is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #19  
Started IP Jan 6 2011
 
CheekyWit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 353

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I can't believe it's the weekend already! Congrats to LeeArr and Reenabeana on some solid losses this week!

I spent about an hour going through old clothes that I had packed away but never actually donated. I'm glad now because I found a few pairs of pants and a couple of tops that I can wear again- my skinny Banana republic jeans fit me again. It's time to get rid of most of my old pants because every time I go up the stairs to my office, my pants are falling down. Not too professional when you're caught hiking your pants up at the top the of the stairwell.

I've read about doing a cleanse at around week 5. I was wondering if anyone has done one? I sure feel like I could use one this week. Blech.
I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Hi - I just bumped an old thread started by Beachbella regarding Novi Cleanse -- there is some good information on that thread -- take a look and see if it helps you make your decission. I have yet to do a cleanse an am on week 22. I might do one when I finish - but I am not sure yet. Hope this helps
CheekyWit is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #20  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Riderollercoast-

I just have to comment!!! From reading and reading threads the past couple months I'm pretty sure that Donating blood while on IP is a horrible IDEA! 3 ppl that did it without thinking, passed out. When you are on a diet with cal intake under 1000 you really should not be donating blood.

I just wanted to warn you. You could research it a bit first. If you do donate...sit a lot longer then you normally would, and bring your bar to eat after words.
HI, I am glad for your concern, this is the 3rd time I will do it since starting IP, I did ask the first time I donated and they said there wasn't an issue. It could be that they are just short my blood but... I will ask them again, so far I haven't felt dizzy or fainted. It could be the weight difference too, I am not sure how much the others weighed when they ran into those problems. Now that I am under 200, it might be different for me too. I go for a nice relaxing lunch afterwards so maybe that is the difference. I had read the others stories as well and kind of wondered... but I think they went shopping, or walking right after. I am thinking I will take some flavored syrup or splenda package as they only have non ip food to give you. which is full of sugar to replenish what you lost. I will let you know what the nurses say this time. The first time the nurse and I talked for about 1/2 hour about various diets and what work and what doesn't. My friend that comes with me wondered what took me so long.

Thanks for caring.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #21  
Senior Member
 
M0vingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 572

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi - I just bumped an old thread started by Beachbella regarding Novi Cleanse -- there is some good information on that thread -- take a look and see if it helps you make your decission. I have yet to do a cleanse an am on week 22. I might do one when I finish - but I am not sure yet. Hope this helps
Thanks!
M0vingon is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #22  
Elissa
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

I just came from WI#4 today, 2.4 lbs gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! My total of 20.6 in 4 weeks is overwhelming, I have nothing left in my closet that will fit me! Oh well, off to do some shopping today - I have 2 days in the office this week so I guess I better find something other than yoga pants to wear.

Have a great weekend!!
LaLibE is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #23  
Member
 
LeaArr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 81

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
I just came from WI#4 today, 2.4 lbs gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! My total of 20.6 in 4 weeks is overwhelming, I have nothing left in my closet that will fit me! Oh well, off to do some shopping today - I have 2 days in the office this week so I guess I better find something other than yoga pants to wear.

Have a great weekend!!
That's awesome! Good job!
LeaArr is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #24  
Maintenance since 8/2/10
 
cajunladybug22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 202

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
but I also give blood on Saturday, so do you know what that means? I can't lift anything heavy for 8 hours... no housework, no yard work... yahoo like a vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Riderollercoast-

I just have to comment!!! From reading and reading threads the past couple months I'm pretty sure that Donating blood while on IP is a horrible IDEA! 3 ppl that did it without thinking, passed out. When you are on a diet with cal intake under 1000 you really should not be donating blood.

I just wanted to warn you. You could research it a bit first. If you do donate...sit a lot longer then you normally would, and bring your bar to eat after words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
HI, I am glad for your concern, this is the 3rd time I will do it since starting IP, I did ask the first time I donated and they said there wasn't an issue. It could be that they are just short my blood but... I will ask them again, so far I haven't felt dizzy or fainted. It could be the weight difference too, I am not sure how much the others weighed when they ran into those problems. Now that I am under 200, it might be different for me too. I go for a nice relaxing lunch afterwards so maybe that is the difference. I had read the others stories as well and kind of wondered... but I think they went shopping, or walking right after. I am thinking I will take some flavored syrup or splenda package as they only have non ip food to give you. which is full of sugar to replenish what you lost. I will let you know what the nurses say this time. The first time the nurse and I talked for about 1/2 hour about various diets and what work and what doesn't. My friend that comes with me wondered what took me so long.

Thanks for caring.
Hi! I think it's awesome that you donate blood. Just please be very careful. I'm one of the ones that donated (last week, so I was 148) and I passed out. The actual process of the donation was fine. I even ate my IP Vanilla Peanut bar afterward to boost my blood sugar. I was sitting up in the front of the blood-mobile waiting on my co-worker to finish, and I started seeing spots. It was like 15 or 20 minutes after I finished. If you've already done it before just fine, then that's awesome, just be super careful.
cajunladybug22 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #25  
IP started 4/25/11
Thread Starter
 
MInewgoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 363

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Glad you knew about it! I just had to say something A sudden drop in blood pressure and passing out is just NO fun!

Good luck and enjoy your day after words.
MInewgoal is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #26  
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hi! I think it's awesome that you donate blood. Just please be very careful. I'm one of the ones that donated (last week, so I was 148) and I passed out. The actual process of the donation was fine. I even ate my IP Vanilla Peanut bar afterward to boost my blood sugar. I was sitting up in the front of the blood-mobile waiting on my co-worker to finish, and I started seeing spots. It was like 15 or 20 minutes after I finished. If you've already done it before just fine, then that's awesome, just be super careful.
Thank you I will, I have asked my friend to drive tomorrow, (she gives plasma so she isn't donating) then we go to my Fav restaurant for lunch. Last time I think the only thing that happened (other than the nurse was impressed with my blood pressure) was that it took longer than normal. I usually can be finished in 4 - 5 minutes that time was quite a bit longer. I am always curious to see how much my blood pressure has gone down. I was high high high before IP now heading to normal.

I usually get up walk my dogs and have breakfast before I go. Tomorrow I decided it will be an omlette as more protein and a little better that the drinks.

Thank you and I will for sure take care, I have seen enough people faint while I have donated.... I think this will be 55 donations...and I hate needles, and my first time the lady got a squirter and I had blood all over my shirt... the nurse was horrified.. not a good beginning, but since then it has been fine.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #27  
Newby!!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central IL
Posts: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
Hey guys. Official weigh in this morning and I am down 3 lbs which puts me at exactly 20lbs lost so far on IP. SO HAPPY. There are a few things I need to correct this week. I am also planning on making use of my treadmill to walk a little bit this week.

I am going to be SUPER BUSY this weekend. I have a wedding to go to today, then my nephew's first birthday party tomorrow. He turned 1 on wednesday. I can't believe how fast that year went. He's only one, but he is already growing up way to fast for me.
Good job!! You will make it through this weekend!!! Have fun!!
Grmekor78 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #28  
Senior Member
 
ontariophotogal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Default

Happy Friday everyone

I had WI 15 this morning and no shocker for me, I didn't have a loss OR a gain. It's been a bit of a rough week as last weekend I had a bridal shower and ate a small sandwich and a couple of strawberries and then just yesterday, I took the kids out to Boston Pizza as they've been begging to go and I decided to treat myself for my birthday with a couple small pieces of pizza and a couple of breadsticks. I knew what I was doing and what I was up against and I am ok with it. I kinda wish I had waited for that birthday treat until today since today is my actual birthday but what's done is done and I'm back at it this week. I am thankful that I didn't have a gain and also thankful that when I have indulged, I haven't gone overboard and feel MUCH MORE in control than I ever have in this life. It truly gives me hope that when I make it to maintenance, it won't be as scary as I once thought

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm spending mine with a couple of sweet newborns in the studio
ontariophotogal is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #29  
Senior Member
 
brummie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 237

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFit View Post
What a dream I had last night......I was back to my skinny minnie weight (oh, how good I felt) and yet I had about 3-5 candy bars in each hand,,,eating them.....then realized "hey, this going to put my weight back on, so put them in my pocket"...weird I know.

Guess I got my chocolate binge out in my dreams!!

Have a great weekend all,,,,,and keep it up!!
I remember the food dreams stage too! I remember one I had where I was sitting in the tub having a bath, I had 2 big donuts in each hand...I didn't want to eat them, but I couldn't put them down without getting them wet. I kept calling my husband to help me...I was crying...then I woke up! It was a little disturbing at the time, but now I think it's quite funny!
brummie is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #30  
Senior Member
 
brandam6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 240

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Happy Friday everyone

I had WI 15 this morning and no shocker for me, I didn't have a loss OR a gain. It's been a bit of a rough week as last weekend I had a bridal shower and ate a small sandwich and a couple of strawberries and then just yesterday, I took the kids out to Boston Pizza as they've been begging to go and I decided to treat myself for my birthday with a couple small pieces of pizza and a couple of breadsticks. I knew what I was doing and what I was up against and I am ok with it. I kinda wish I had waited for that birthday treat until today since today is my actual birthday but what's done is done and I'm back at it this week. I am thankful that I didn't have a gain and also thankful that when I have indulged, I haven't gone overboard and feel MUCH MORE in control than I ever have in this life. It truly gives me hope that when I make it to maintenance, it won't be as scary as I once thought

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm spending mine with a couple of sweet newborns in the studio
Happy Birthday!
brandam6 is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TBL "Just Beachy" Red Team Chat #7 Andi18 Biggest Loser Challenges 430 06-23-2008 08:53 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.