Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #151  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Have a great time today. I do know what you are talking about re: being self conscious. I am now tucking in shirts/blouses, I bought new heels (yeah, really high priority) and am walking taller. That is what is making people notice and now people feel compelled to bring it up. "Wow. Look at you." "You look all put together." "New pants?" It is like they are focusing on the 'image' and less on the loss. Not that it is a bad thing, but I get what you're saying. I'm a 41 year old happily married mother of 2 kids. I'm not shopping for compliments.

But it doesn't hurt.
Tucking in? What is that??? I don't think I've done that since I was 12 years old. Wow. I can't wait. And congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post

How do you balance comments like 'you should stop' and 'don't lose too much' with the context (is the person speaking projecting their issues on you?) AND with the reality that I know I could gain 3-5 lbs once I'm in maintenance just from the glycogen?
I think most people have issues regarding weight or a preconceived notion of you. Either way, you are challenging them. Some people that I know were quite happy for me when I first starting losing weight. Now that I have less to lose than they do, I think their attitude has changed. It might be because I was, in their mind, always bigger than they were. Now that's no longer the case, they are confused... That's not my issue... It's theirs.

I must admit that I haven't gotten the "stop now" comments from anyone. However, I've also made a commitment to stop talking about my weight loss in great detail. I discussed with my coach, and I was getting sick of spending 10 minutes explaining the diet, only to hear "Wow, that sounds really hard. I could never do that" at the end. Another friend and I have vowed, when that happens, just to nod and think (to ourselves) "Fine, be fat. I don't care." People have to embark on a weightloss journey on their own will and timeline. So, I now avoid the long discussions and, when asked, just reply that I have lost "a lot" of weight and that I am doing a medically monitored protocol, and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Did my measurements today and I was down more inches (especially in chest). My bra size has gone from a 44 DDD to a 36 somewhere between B and C. I have lost 4.5 inches on each arm. I have lost 10 inches around my breast, I have lost 5 inches on each thigh (they are almost in the teens...exactly 20 inches...very excited about that). Lost 11 inches in my waist. Lost 10 inches in my hips....very excited.

Oh well.....I will hope to see that beautiful 169.8 tomorrow.
I have my fingers crossed for you! Please let us know if you made it today...

I also can't wait to crack the "16" barrier, but my body hasn't been torturing me like yours has you, so I have nothing to complain about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Now having said all those things that make sense...........I was thrilled the day I got to a healthy BMI number and when I shared I was told it is just a number. I bit crushed by those words.........but in hindsight...........truer words have not been spoken. I don't even look at BMI anymore I love my size 6's and some skinny 8's. Let's do this!! get'er done
I struggle with BMI too. I want to be at a healthy BMI, but it's something like 147 according to my doctor (I think he wrote down I was 5'5"?) and 154 when I calculated it online (using 5"5.5"). That's the lowest weight I have ever been, and that just gets me eek'ing into the healthy range. I agree that it's better to look at clothing sizes, and Juiceman suggests the body fat percentage test (which I will do reassess my goal when I am closer).

That said, getting to healthy BMI is huge! Yes, it's just a number, but it's an accomplishment!! The better accomplishement is fitting into size 6's and 8's!! Congratulations!!
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #152  
Senior Member
 
mamarix1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 496

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Great Job!

We are ALL doing a GREAT JOB! We have all come so darn far, let's pat ourselves on the back. Keep going! WE ROCK! I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Look at old pictures when you get discouraged! I found one yesterday that scared the crap out of me. and I lived like that for years, and went out in public and functioned! Thank you my children for finally telling me I was just plain fat and they were embarassed. I needed the shock. Tomorrow I get to add another little swimmer at the bottom! .6 here I come.
Mary

Last edited by mamarix1; 05-15-2011 at 10:55 AM.
mamarix1 is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #153  
maintenance since 2/16/11
Thread Starter
 
darbs7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,612

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default

No such luck on the scale...that makes 8 absolutely 100% days and the scale moved .2 and that is it.

Ladies after 36 weeks I am dissolving....sadly.

But I will not stop this journey without completion. I am starting phase 2 today. I am going to do phase 2-4 weeks depending on how it goes. I have heard many times of people losing more again when they start phase 2.

I am going to try real hard not to step on that scale until next Friday.

I am 14 pounds from goal, but I would rather end this properly than to make stupid mistakes.
darbs7 is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #154  
Senior Member
 
Momto2cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,729

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Good luck on phase 2 darbs. I am thinking of moving on to it too.
Still eking my way down the 140's, but I am satisfied at my current weight.

When people ask now where those pounds will come from I just laugh and say all those places you can't see with clothes on!

People definitely have an easier time commenting on weight loss and the need to stop than they ever did on weight gained!

8 weeks, 21 pounds lost back into my size 6 jeans!!!
Momto2cs is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #155  
Maintaining since 6/9/11
 
Lucky Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 369

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I must admit that I haven't gotten the "stop now" comments from anyone. However, I've also made a commitment to stop talking about my weight loss in great detail. I discussed with my coach, and I was getting sick of spending 10 minutes explaining the diet, only to hear "Wow, that sounds really hard. I could never do that" at the end. Another friend and I have vowed, when that happens, just to nod and think (to ourselves) "Fine, be fat. I don't care." People have to embark on a weightloss journey on their own will and timeline. So, I now avoid the long discussions and, when asked, just reply that I have lost "a lot" of weight and that I am doing a medically monitored protocol, and leave it at that.
I do have to remember this. You have written similar points in the past, but I forget to just stop talking about it. It can be hard... it seems like my only focus the past 13 weeks has been this program. (I almost wrote diet.) That's my next step-- figuring out what else to focus on!

Dr. Pxlkitty, that is a FANTASTIC picture of you. You look great!
Lucky Chick is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #156  
Senior Member
 
mamarix1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 496

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
No such luck on the scale...that makes 8 absolutely 100% days and the scale moved .2 and that is it.

Ladies after 36 weeks I am dissolving....sadly.

But I will not stop this journey without completion. I am starting phase 2 today. I am going to do phase 2-4 weeks depending on how it goes. I have heard many times of people losing more again when they start phase 2.

I am going to try real hard not to step on that scale until next Friday.

I am 14 pounds from goal, but I would rather end this properly than to make stupid mistakes.
Darbs, how about hitting the pool or mixing up your exercise? I too have 16 to go, but I'm just adding more laps, faster laps, and adding fins to my hands and feet. It seems to help with the toning too. I have said I'm afraid to go to phase two, but I do have protein more than once a day, so I suppose I've already inadvertantly started phase two. The more exercise I do, the more protein I have. I hate to see you have a meltdown, I think phase 2 will help you with those pesky remaining lbs.
mamarix1 is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #157  
Senior Member
 
mamarix1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 496

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Great Day in the sun!

Today was an awesome day. I bought a new bottle of coppertone, a new floatie, and (get this) A BIKINI!!
The sun was shining, and the pool has finally warmed up. Oh man oh man, what a great day.
I hope everyone else is livin the good life too.
Mary
mamarix1 is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #158  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
No such luck on the scale...that makes 8 absolutely 100% days and the scale moved .2 and that is it.

Ladies after 36 weeks I am dissolving....sadly.

But I will not stop this journey without completion. I am starting phase 2 today. I am going to do phase 2-4 weeks depending on how it goes. I have heard many times of people losing more again when they start phase 2.

I am going to try real hard not to step on that scale until next Friday.

I am 14 pounds from goal, but I would rather end this properly than to make stupid mistakes.
I wish you every success on phase 2. And I certainly you hope that you are one of the lucky ones that sees more progress on phase 2 than phase 1. keep us posted!
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #159  
maintenance since 2/16/11
Thread Starter
 
darbs7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,612

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Darbs, how about hitting the pool or mixing up your exercise? I too have 16 to go, but I'm just adding more laps, faster laps, and adding fins to my hands and feet. It seems to help with the toning too. I have said I'm afraid to go to phase two, but I do have protein more than once a day, so I suppose I've already inadvertantly started phase two. The more exercise I do, the more protein I have. I hate to see you have a meltdown, I think phase 2 will help you with those pesky remaining lbs.


I have started adding my lunch walks, golf (I walk and carry the clubs), and some yoga....it seems to be slowing my loss (as exercise has for me in the past). I don't have a pool anywhere near my house and I love to swim. 36 weeks I am just spent...if I was still losing like I did in the beginning I wouldn't have a problem.

I am going to phase off of this plan properly and then really up the exercise. I think you can still lose in maintenance if you don't have a cheat day and add intense exercise (I am going to take up running). It would be like following a WW type plan. The weight will come off slow, but it is coming off slow anyways.

I know you will find you way to the end of your journey because you are still losing at a good pace....and you didn't have as much to lose (mad at myself for how high I let my weight get). Keep up the great work and you will see that goal.
darbs7 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #160  
Senior Member
 
Lisaf373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Ladies after 36 weeks I am dissolving....sadly.

But I will not stop this journey without completion. I am starting phase 2 today.
Starting Phase 2 is not dissolving. It's moving to the next step, because what you've been doing is no longer working. You're still working toward the same goal, you're just using different tools to get there.

You and I have both been doing this a long time. I think this diet was never meant to be used as long as we've used it, at least not in one shot. Our bodies are in shock - losing that much weight is not only tremendously difficult, and tremendously amazing, it's not something our bodies are programmed to do. We've been tricking them into doing it, and they've finally caught on. We just need new tricks now.
Lisaf373 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #161  
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

I was feeling down this morning after my 1.6 lb loss, the looked at my updated ticker to realize that I am now only 16.9 lbs from my goal. I never thought I would be so close... So, I had a little attitude rearrangement after that. Good job everyone! We are doing this!!! Time to update the spreadsheet, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I am going to phase off of this plan properly and then really up the exercise. I think you can still lose in maintenance if you don't have a cheat day and add intense exercise (I am going to take up running). It would be like following a WW type plan. The weight will come off slow, but it is coming off slow anyways.
I think you are being very smart to phase off properly. I'm proud of you. I know that you have been on this journey for a very long time. It's wonderful that you have shared your experiences with us all. I, for one, have learned a great deal from reading your posts.

I've seen a lot of people quit cold turkey and I don't think it's the best way to get all the benefits from the program. So, bravo! I have one request: please do share your Phase 3 breakfasts with us, so that we can all live vicariously. That's my favorite vision of the future. Really... Is that sad?
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #162  
maintenance since 2/16/11
Thread Starter
 
darbs7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,612

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
Starting Phase 2 is not dissolving. It's moving to the next step, because what you've been doing is no longer working. You're still working toward the same goal, you're just using different tools to get there.

You and I have both been doing this a long time. I think this diet was never meant to be used as long as we've used it, at least not in one shot. Our bodies are in shock - losing that much weight is not only tremendously difficult, and tremendously amazing, it's not something our bodies are programmed to do. We've been tricking them into doing it, and they've finally caught on. We just need new tricks now.

You did so well....going to a full year. But this loss has slowed down so much and I really do like the way I look....at the doctor's this morning...she couldn't believe I wanted to lose 14 more pounds...I asked her to guess my weight and she guessed 140. I need to take time to become familar with my new size and accomplishment and to focus on maintenance...because that really will be the hardest part. If I want to lose more I will attempt it later this year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post


I think you are being very smart to phase off properly. I'm proud of you. I know that you have been on this journey for a very long time. It's wonderful that you have shared your experiences with us all. I, for one, have learned a great deal from reading your posts.

I've seen a lot of people quit cold turkey and I don't think it's the best way to get all the benefits from the program. So, bravo! I have one request: please do share your Phase 3 breakfasts with us, so that we can all live vicariously. That's my favorite vision of the future. Really... Is that sad?

I have just reached a point where it is so slow and I am very proud of the 76.5 pounds I have lost so far. I love shopping for clothes now. It is time to phase off....I just don't want to plug away for 3 more months to lose these last 14 pounds. I do hope I drop a few in phase 2. I am staying on phase 2 for at least 2 weeks and maybe 4 weeks if I am successful.
darbs7 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #163  
Started IP March 29, 2011
 
cwphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 54

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Darbs7-

Your going to do GREAT in Phase 2 and beyond!
I can't wait to se your final results when you reach maintenance!
cwphy is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #164  
Senior Member
 
Lisaf373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
But this loss has slowed down so much and I really do like the way I look....

That's what it comes down to. If you're happy (and you SHOULD be) with your progress, it's time to stop.

Starting Phase 3 has been really hard for me. I panicked in the fruit aisle, and I've been second-guessing my decision for the last three days. I've also started being really self-conscious and having body image issues - before when I looked in the mirror, I saw how much I'd lost. Now, all I see is how much I haven't lost. Everything looks fat. (How's that for psychology? I'm having separation anxiety with my diet.)

I did instantly gain back the 2 pounds from the glycogens that they warn you about. Hopefully, it will be the only 2 I gain back.
Lisaf373 is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #165  
Maintaining since 6/9/11
 
Lucky Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 369

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
You did so well....going to a full year. But this loss has slowed down so much and I really do like the way I look....at the doctor's this morning...she couldn't believe I wanted to lose 14 more pounds...I asked her to guess my weight and she guessed 140. I need to take time to become familar with my new size and accomplishment and to focus on maintenance...because that really will be the hardest part. If I want to lose more I will attempt it later this year.

I have just reached a point where it is so slow and I am very proud of the 76.5 pounds I have lost so far. I love shopping for clothes now. It is time to phase off....I just don't want to plug away for 3 more months to lose these last 14 pounds. I do hope I drop a few in phase 2. I am staying on phase 2 for at least 2 weeks and maybe 4 weeks if I am successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
That's what it comes down to. If you're happy (and you SHOULD be) with your progress, it's time to stop.

Starting Phase 3 has been really hard for me. I panicked in the fruit aisle, and I've been second-guessing my decision for the last three days. I've also started being really self-conscious and having body image issues - before when I looked in the mirror, I saw how much I'd lost. Now, all I see is how much I haven't lost. Everything looks fat. (How's that for psychology? I'm having separation anxiety with my diet.)

I did instantly gain back the 2 pounds from the glycogens that they warn you about. Hopefully, it will be the only 2 I gain back.
The two of you are so incredible. We are so lucky to have you on this forum sharing your experiences. The advice you provide to newbies and more experienced IPers is invaluable. Thanks for taking the plunge towards phasing off and sharing your journey. It has to be a tough transition when you've been on plan for so long. Your bodies deserve the break and you have both been incredibly successful.

Cheers to a lifetime of meeting your goals. If we can do this, we can do anything.
Lucky Chick is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many pounds to lose a dress size brat_61886 300+ Club 36 11-14-2017 03:51 AM
how many pounds to lose a dress size brat_61886 20-Somethings 16 03-30-2007 01:19 PM
1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go! LadyLai Support Groups 568 01-02-2007 01:12 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.