Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #346  
Started IP 12/30/11
 
purple sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default Phase 2

So day 1 Phase 2 felt a little more like starting anew than I had thought it would. I think I got all my requirements in but I sorta messed up.

I ate two boiled eggs at lunch with my veggies and then maybe 4-5 oz of chicken at dinner. Because I was hungry and delayed dinner I had my snack before dinner and forgot my nighttime meds. Oh well. It's funny, I have some packets to burn through but then I realized when could I have my soup. It only made sense at lunch so this is a learning process, still. Not a challenge but an adjustment. I had just been on autopilot for so long. I mean not that long but still it was a while. Until recently I could not wait to get to phase 3. Now I am like, okay I can wait.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #347  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
They are vegetarian but not vegan. Just noticed they have egg whites, probably as a binder. The base is TVP with wheat gluten, soy protein, egg white, corn oil, spices, vitamins... 2 links have: 80 calories, 3 g fat, 3 g carb (minus 2 g fiber), 9 g protein, 300 mg sodium, no sugars.

I used their "Grillers Prime" burgers every now and then too. I really prefer black bean burgers, but they weren't allowed on Phase 1. Oh my...now I can get some! or make some!

I eat meat too, but sometimes this diet just seems like so much of it, so I enjoy varying it up a bit.
Great thanks for the information. I love black bean burgers too...I'll have to start looking into those again for maintenance! I've been eating a lot of Tofu and eggs on this diet...I cannot wait to have my egg whites again... soon!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #348  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Not a challenge but an adjustment. I had just been on autopilot for so long. I mean not that long but still it was a while. Until recently I could not wait to get to phase 3. Now I am like, okay I can wait.
Isn't it funny how P2 is just changing lunch but it feels like so much more! Being in autopilot and making this ONE little change is so BIG!!! LOL.

OH, and yesterday I forgot my dinner vits!

I had "extra" restricted bars and indulged yesterday...no weight gain. It's my TOM and my cravings were crazy...I'm going to have to find a strategy to fight them in the future. It seems like when I was fat I ate what I wanted, when I wanted so I never noticed my TOM cravings! Now they are so obvious...like red wine on a white carpet...

I went shopping for P3 breakfast and I'm ready to go tomorrow morning...I have blueberries, egg whites, lf cheese, turkey bacon, whole wheat bread and butter...I have to do my worksheet to make sure the serving sizes etc. But I think this is everything!

What is everyone having for P3??? Any thoughts yet?
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #349  
Started IP 12/30/11
 
purple sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Isn't it funny how P2 is just changing lunch but it feels like so much more! Being in autopilot and making this ONE little change is so BIG!!! LOL.

OH, and yesterday I forgot my dinner vits!
Crazy, right? But, that's okay. It does make me realize how easy it will be to slip on P4 so I might need to set up a new plan for P2 even though it will only be short time. I love this though. Going to seriously start saving money. It will go to other things like clothes and make up and stuff but I will be paying less and less each weigh in.

How long did you do P2? I need to remember to get my P3 sheet before I change so I have enough time to shop.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #350  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

My coach tells her clients P2 is two weeks but I told her I was going to cut it short. She was okay with that 'cause I've been a doing well. I will have done a total of 8 days on P2. P3 I know I can't cut short and it will be the full 14 days.

My cravings and desires to have non-protocol items (cadbury mini eggs) is growing stronger and stronger...I don't know if it's a TOM issue or because I'm nearing the end of the protocol and will be allowed some things real soon!

At your next visit ask for the P3 information so you can get acquainted with it. Lunch and dinner will not change from P2 to P3 but breakfast will...for the better...but I will miss my AM chocolate...

Today I stayed in sweats all day (real big baggy ones and I almost forgot all the weight I lost!). I kept looking in a mirror to make sure I was still "skinny"!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 04-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #351  
Started IP 12/30/11
 
purple sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 743

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default

Went for a bra fitting today and the lady said immediately, "you're small" when she measured my rib cage and I was like, hunh?

I miss the sweets too. Weird. I have to wait like 12 hours from breakfast to snack to get some goodie in my mouth. I did pop a few choc balls in my mouth after lunch.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #352  
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I went shopping for P3 breakfast and I'm ready to go tomorrow morning...I have blueberries, egg whites, lf cheese, turkey bacon, whole wheat bread and butter...I have to do my worksheet to make sure the serving sizes etc. But I think this is everything!

What is everyone having for P3??? Any thoughts yet?
I fell in love with fat-free plain Greek Yogurt, with frozen berries on it and some stevia too. The Oikos and Chobani brands have alot of protein in them.

Also tried the Morning Star breakfast links and they are pretty good too. Have always loved oatmeal, the original (not the quick-cooking, as that is higher glycemic index) and the Irish Oats. The Kashi go-lean and Bear Naked granolas are great too. You don't get alot, but they are satisfying. I also tried unsweetened, unflavored almond milk and now I love it! I have regular butter and the reduced fat butter, regular cheese and some fat-free cheese. Always on the hunt for fat-free anything, so I can spend my fat-grams on something else.

It is tricky at first to add up all the grams and calories of each category, but eventually I found my 'greatest hits' and made index cards that are on the refrigerator so I can pick out one, even half asleep, and make it in a jiffy.

Come evening, I start to get excited about what to have for breakfast!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #353  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

purple sky, After my breakfast I had coffee with WF chocolate syrup...it should fill the void 'til my night time IP chocolate snack!

sewmam, I like the index card idea. I feel like my breakfast this morning was just as undesirable as my first IP salad...which was pretty nasty. It took a few salads and experimenting to get into the groove...At least I can safely say (well, right now) nothing tastes as good as feeling skinny!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #354  
Senior Member
 
swimcoachmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: wyoming
Posts: 361

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I fell in love with fat-free plain Greek Yogurt, with frozen berries on it and some stevia too. The Oikos and Chobani brands have alot of protein in them.

Also tried the Morning Star breakfast links and they are pretty good too. Have always loved oatmeal, the original (not the quick-cooking, as that is higher glycemic index) and the Irish Oats. The Kashi go-lean and Bear Naked granolas are great too. You don't get alot, but they are satisfying. I also tried unsweetened, unflavored almond milk and now I love it! I have regular butter and the reduced fat butter, regular cheese and some fat-free cheese. Always on the hunt for fat-free anything, so I can spend my fat-grams on something else.

It is tricky at first to add up all the grams and calories of each category, but eventually I found my 'greatest hits' and made index cards that are on the refrigerator so I can pick out one, even half asleep, and make it in a jiffy.

Come evening, I start to get excited about what to have for breakfast!
While on phase 3 for surgery I also did the index card thing. It helped because I could assemble it while the coffee was brewing (which for me is before the brain wakes up). Lol.

Anyway, tomorrow back to p1 for the last 18 or so pounds. I will certainly be out of the house faster in the morning.... Hope you all don't mind if I visit this thread now and then until I am back for good. A
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #355  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
While on phase 3 for surgery I also did the index card thing. It helped because I could assemble it while the coffee was brewing (which for me is before the brain wakes up). Lol.

Anyway, tomorrow back to p1 for the last 18 or so pounds. I will certainly be out of the house faster in the morning.... Hope you all don't mind if I visit this thread now and then until I am back for good. A
Hi! Visit away!!! The more the merrier!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #356  
Senior Member
 
CassiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 396

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Default

Hey all,

Just recently finished reading all of the "Life After Phase 1.." threads. WOW I gained so much knowledge!
I originally was looking up information to start my phase out process for an upcoming vacation in May. I still have 2 full weeks until my coach wants me to move to phase 2 with a week of p2 and week and a half of phase 3. Tomorrow I weigh in and expect to have a 3lb loss according to my scale. That leaves me around 7lbs to my goal weight. I set it at 115 because I wanted to have a good cushion but really want to maintain 120.

My DBF (dear boyfriend) thinks I should be done and is very happy with my weight. I just wasn't sure because I havent went shopping for any new clothes yet and really have no idea what size i'm in anymore! All my clothes I wear are baggy and I was waiting until I get to goal to go shopping. I feel thin. I feel great about my body! Of course standing naked in front of the mirror before entering the shower every morning I don't think I'm perfect but am far from where I was. I think also a lot of my imperfections just need to be toned with exercise.

So after a long talk we decided that when I phase out for vacation that I'll stay in phase 4 and maintain. If I'm not happy I can always go back to phase one, right? I may have to after vacation anyways! I still have 2 weeks of phase 1 left along with a week of phase 2 and hope to lose as much as possible in that time. Maybe it will help with my view of imperfections?

Anyways.. Just wanted to say Hi and hope to learn more with your insightful ideas/comments about life after phase 1. I was nervous and really scared of moving out of the security of phase 1 but now I feel I'm ready.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #357  
started IP 01/03/2012
 
Mischyff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 37

S/C/G: 238/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Default

Just wondering, has anyone used a glass of red wine as their carb choice for dinner in phase 4? I know it's probably wishful thinking, but thought I'd give it a try!
Mischyff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #358  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Hey all,

Just recently finished reading all of the "Life After Phase 1.." threads. WOW I gained so much knowledge!
I originally was looking up information to start my phase out process for an upcoming vacation in May. I still have 2 full weeks until my coach wants me to move to phase 2 with a week of p2 and week and a half of phase 3. Tomorrow I weigh in and expect to have a 3lb loss according to my scale. That leaves me around 7lbs to my goal weight. I set it at 115 because I wanted to have a good cushion but really want to maintain 120.

My DBF (dear boyfriend) thinks I should be done and is very happy with my weight. I just wasn't sure because I havent went shopping for any new clothes yet and really have no idea what size i'm in anymore! All my clothes I wear are baggy and I was waiting until I get to goal to go shopping. I feel thin. I feel great about my body! Of course standing naked in front of the mirror before entering the shower every morning I don't think I'm perfect but am far from where I was. I think also a lot of my imperfections just need to be toned with exercise.

So after a long talk we decided that when I phase out for vacation that I'll stay in phase 4 and maintain. If I'm not happy I can always go back to phase one, right? I may have to after vacation anyways! I still have 2 weeks of phase 1 left along with a week of phase 2 and hope to lose as much as possible in that time. Maybe it will help with my view of imperfections?

Anyways.. Just wanted to say Hi and hope to learn more with your insightful ideas/comments about life after phase 1. I was nervous and really scared of moving out of the security of phase 1 but now I feel I'm ready.
Those threads really helped me too!!! Congrats on all the hard work you've put into this! You're going to love maintenance.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #359  
Senior Member
 
New Englander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,552

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
Just wondering, has anyone used a glass of red wine as their carb choice for dinner in phase 4? I know it's probably wishful thinking, but thought I'd give it a try!
No...I know they consider it a small slip if you have a glass of wine with dinner (but not on a regular basis). This small slip doesn't need to be followed with a P1 day the day after (as in the "fun" day when a full P1 day is required). Try posting this question on the Maintainers thread...there are more experienced folks there and it's a really active thread.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #360  
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Hey all,

Just recently finished reading all of the "Life After Phase 1.." threads. WOW I gained so much knowledge!
I originally was looking up information to start my phase out process for an upcoming vacation in May. I still have 2 full weeks until my coach wants me to move to phase 2 with a week of p2 and week and a half of phase 3. Tomorrow I weigh in and expect to have a 3lb loss according to my scale. That leaves me around 7lbs to my goal weight. I set it at 115 because I wanted to have a good cushion but really want to maintain 120.

My DBF (dear boyfriend) thinks I should be done and is very happy with my weight. I just wasn't sure because I havent went shopping for any new clothes yet and really have no idea what size i'm in anymore! All my clothes I wear are baggy and I was waiting until I get to goal to go shopping. I feel thin. I feel great about my body! Of course standing naked in front of the mirror before entering the shower every morning I don't think I'm perfect but am far from where I was. I think also a lot of my imperfections just need to be toned with exercise.

So after a long talk we decided that when I phase out for vacation that I'll stay in phase 4 and maintain. If I'm not happy I can always go back to phase one, right? I may have to after vacation anyways! I still have 2 weeks of phase 1 left along with a week of phase 2 and hope to lose as much as possible in that time. Maybe it will help with my view of imperfections?

Anyways.. Just wanted to say Hi and hope to learn more with your insightful ideas/comments about life after phase 1. I was nervous and really scared of moving out of the security of phase 1 but now I feel I'm ready.
Cassie,
What did your coach say about the time when you are on vacation? Will you be doing that as phase 3 or phase 4?
thanks!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.