Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #211  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Rulemom,

I use plain non-fat greek yogurt in the morning sweetened with SF Starbucks vanilla syrup or splenda & vanilla extract. If you check out the "Phases" thread in with the stickies, there is some great advice. Look at post #19 from Jordanna. There is a download of Phase III-explanation. Very helpful. I'd attach the link but I don't know how to do that. Good Luck.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #212  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Well yesterday was my first day on Phase III, it went really well, had greek yogurt, an apple, 1 egg, 2 peices of bacon and multi-grain bagel thins, about 415 calories. Funny thing is I thought that I would be craving sweets and carbs all day, but nope not once. After breakfast I did 1hr of dance zumba and 15min abs.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #213  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Well yesterday was my first day on Phase III, it went really well, had greek yogurt, an apple, 1 egg, 2 peices of bacon and multi-grain bagel thins, about 415 calories. Funny thing is I thought that I would be craving sweets and carbs all day, but nope not once. After breakfast I did 1hr of dance zumba and 15min abs.
Sounds perfect! I have never been a breakfast person but I have greek yogurt and an apple almost every morning. This diet really does change how we eat. You will be amazed how easily you transition into a healthy diet.

Way to go and congratulations!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Default phase 4 question

Just a quick question for anyone in phase 4. I would love to find a great protein powder that I can make a good smoothie in the morning. I love the fresh fruit, love the greek yogurt, and toast.... but I can't eat another egg! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #215  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Just a quick question for anyone in phase 4. I would love to find a great protein powder that I can make a good smoothie in the morning. I love the fresh fruit, love the greek yogurt, and toast.... but I can't eat another egg! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I continue to use a whey protein powder I found at my local supermarket. I used it throughout the diet, and find I still enjoy my smoothies, especially after a good workout. I scoop has 80 cals, 16 g protein and only 3 carbs. It is manufactured by Publix. However, I started using the Biggest Looser whey protein power and switched to the Publix brand for costs. They are similar in nutritional value.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #216  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I unexpectedly decided to start phase three today!! I was so excited to have my big breakfast, it was so good. My calorie count was alittle high because I got my meal from the cafeteria at the hospital. After work I went and loaded up on all the necessities to make breakfast at home. Looking forward to french toast tomorrow, mmmmmm!
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I unexpectedly decided to start phase three today!! I was so excited to have my big breakfast, it was so good. My calorie count was alittle high because I got my meal from the cafeteria at the hospital. After work I went and loaded up on all the necessities to make breakfast at home. Looking forward to french toast tomorrow, mmmmmm!
Super! Well done.

I am lacking on energy this week now that I started Phase 3. I really don't like it. I'm thinking of cutting back on my toast in the morning. I have sprouted wheat toast- 2 pieces because they are 15g carbs each. I am thinking of just eating my cup of non-fat Greek yogurt (7g carbs, 22g protein) and berries from now on. Maybe with one piece of toast with natural peanut butter. I don't know, this feeling of dragging myself around makes me almost want to just drink a protein shake from breakfast again like phase 1. I know it sounds crazy. I don't bother to cook eggs or anything for breakfast because I usually eat eggs as one of my other meals. I eat eggs and fish so it's one or the other and fish is really starting to get to me.

I am also loading up on the veggies as much as possible without measuring them. Weight is steady so I think it's alright to do that. Is anyone else dragging because of Phase 3?
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #218  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

bump
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Phase II questions...

At my next WI, I am probably going to tell my Coach that I want to go on to phase II. My weight at home today is 148.8 lbs, which is 4.8 lbs away from my goal and represents over 80% of my weight goal. I know that I weigh 2 lbs more on my coach's scale (mid-day with clothes) but by WI on Wednesday, anything is possible (unless I gain for some reason). As long as I am 150 lbs or less, I am moving onto phase II.

I have some questions...

1) For you, during phase II, did weight loss slow down or was it about the same rate as during phase I?

2) I attend a one-hour tap classe 2X per week (over 300 calories burned). I usually have an extra packet when I go to tap (a bar or ridges). Should I continue to do this?

3) Any advice/lessons learned that you would like to share for phase II?

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-22-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Phase II questions...
1) For you, during phase II, did weight loss slow down or was it about the same rate as during phase I?
For me it was about the same, which was not really much at all. My weight loss slowed down dramatically after a certain point. I did get through a plateau by switching to phase 2.

HOWEVER, since I started phase 3, my weight loss has restarted again, which is weird. I'm losing faster than I have in many months.

Quote:
2) I attend a one-hour tap classe 2X per week (over 300 calories burned). I usually have an extra packet when I go to tap (a bar or ridges). Should I continue to do this?
No reason not to. If you're still losing, then stick with what you're doing. (But, ask your coach, rather than listening to me. :-)

Quote:
3) Any advice/lessons learned that you would like to share for phase II?
Phase 2 isn't that much different from Phase 1, or wasn't for me. Phase 3 is confusing the crap out of me, but I suspect that's because I'm overthinking it.

I've heard of people continuing to lose through Phase 2. It feels a lot like starting to live a normal life again, without changing all that much nutritionally.

Good luck!
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Well, the good news is that when you HAVE a protocol you do follow it. So, I would suggest you sit down and map out a customized phase 4 protocol for yourself. I would start with the phase 3 sheet, keep breakfast exactly the same.

Now you just need to add some dairy or other fat to lunch (cheese, dairy, "real" dressing on a salad, yogurt, etc.) and add a slow carb serving (brown rice, a sweet potato etc.) to dinner.

Soooo.....
Write out a list of "fats" (and appropriate portions) to add to your lunches. Write out a list of "slow carbs" (and appropriate portions) you can add to your dinners. Staple it to your Phase 3 sheet.

That IS the phase 4 protocol, essentially and it will keep you at your ideal weight. Give yourself one free day a week to do whatever you want, then Phase 1 for one day, then back on YOUR personalized phase 4 protocol.

good luck!!
I'm still a few weeks from phasing off, but I've spent the last 2 days poring over all of the "Life After" threads... so much great info all the way through... no way I can quote & deal with all threads that have a big help to my understanding of phasing off, but I want to thank you, Rocky, for this one... what you said about writing out our own personal protocol went a long way toward dispelling my fears of Phases 3 & 4...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 05-23-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #222  

My goodness, it sure doesn't take long for a thread to get pushed waaaaaay down, does it?.. I found this one on page 5!..

Anyway, today I'm starting Phase 2!!!.. one week here (hopefully) & then it's on to Phase 3 for 2 weeks, then MAINTENANCE!!!.. I'm so ready & sooooo excited!.. right now, I'm at 82% of goal... hoping this next week will bring me closer to 85% so I can finish phasing off by June 23...

WOW!.. it feels great to have a real, definite date on the IP calendar!..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #223  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
My goodness, it sure doesn't take long for a thread to get pushed waaaaaay down, does it?.. I found this one on page 5!..

Anyway, today I'm starting Phase 2!!!.. one week here (hopefully) & then it's on to Phase 3 for 2 weeks, then MAINTENANCE!!!.. I'm so ready & sooooo excited!.. right now, I'm at 82% of goal... hoping this next week will bring me closer to 85% so I can finish phasing off by June 23...

WOW!.. it feels great to have a real, definite date on the IP calendar!..

hugs
Fantastic job! You'll do great on phase 2.

I'm struggling a bit with phase 3, but don't know where to turn. I don't want to post on the main board about it but don't know if this one gets read very much anymore.

I don't know if I'm getting enough at breakfast. I can't figure out if the protein in, say, greek yogurt counts towards protein or just dairy.

I typically have:
non-fat greek yogurt
berries
whole wheat english muffin
butter

But I think that only adds up to around 15 grams of protein. That isn't enough, is it?
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Fantastic job! You'll do great on phase 2.

I'm struggling a bit with phase 3, but don't know where to turn. I don't want to post on the main board about it but don't know if this one gets read very much anymore.

I don't know if I'm getting enough at breakfast. I can't figure out if the protein in, say, greek yogurt counts towards protein or just dairy.

I typically have:
non-fat greek yogurt
berries
whole wheat english muffin
butter

But I think that only adds up to around 15 grams of protein. That isn't enough, is it?
When I started phase 3 my coach gave me a breakfast list - It consisted of the items you have above plus 1 scrambled egg and 2 slices microwave bacon. So you look like you might be short on the protein.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #225  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
When I started phase 3 my coach gave me a breakfast list - It consisted of the items you have above plus 1 scrambled egg and 2 slices microwave bacon. So you look like you might be short on the protein.
THANKS!!!
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote