I've always wondered what this means?
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
I've always wondered what this means?
It took me a while to figure it out, too! it's just a way to keep the thread on the first page where it's easy to find - & I'm really needing this thread these days!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #258  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I've been off the board for awhile, with about 4-5 weeks of travel including just getting back from a work trip to Russia and Hungary. The great news? I did not gain even one single pound while gone! Yes, if anyone asks, IP works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
It might have been me girls. I needed to play around with amounts. I'm sure this is the part where we all have to figure out what our individual needs are. I'm so carb sensitive.. especially to potatoes and most bread type products, except for once in a great while. The weight gain is almost instant.
I think I'm Svelting had some great meal ideas earlier in the thread, using things like beans and yams instead of bread, especially for breakfast. Thought that was a great idea...maybe some kind of breakfast "souffle" with yams and rosemary and shreds of parmesan cheese? Or make huevos rancheros with a corn tortilla and black beans? etc. I've definitely found breads to be a problem, although I would not say I am gluten intolerant....just seems to make me feel "bleh" for the day.

Like someone else said (sorry I forgot to "quote") I also find that anything ending in "-ose" seems problematic for me. I only very occasionally allow myself to eat fruit (other than 1 T of fruit spread) and still staying away almost entirely from sugar.

Very interesting...while in Budapest I allowed myself some pastries which were really so amazing. And then said, "back in the US, no more sugar" and I've been able to do it with no problem for the past 2 days. So I do think there is something about permanently changing how you perceive food, and how your body processes food, because I was a total sugar ADDICT in the past. Very interesting for me to think about!

congrats to all the new arrivals in phase 2 and beyond... c'mon in, the water is fine!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

So left work early with chills and not feeling well, took a nap got on my scale and o my surprize, hit goal!! I think I am going to stay on phase 2 to get to 125 or as low as I can get so that I have a few lbs to play with in for the phase 3 carb additions. My plan is to be in maintenance by the 4th of July week as I am off that whole week!! I am going to keep my menu as low carb as possible because carbs are my trigger! Well I feel better so gonna finish my salad then go fathers day shopping for the hubby (and me too)!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

So, it's the end of day 5 on Phase III and I really feel like crap!

My complexion is going downhill (big zit on my chin) and I am back on Immodium again for the first time since starting IP (I took it regularly before starting IP for chronic "D"). I am tired and headachy too. I really don't feel like having any supper tonight and that is a rare thing for me!

The only things I've added are fruit, bread and peanut butter, so one of them must be the culprit. I know that I am fructose intolerant but I used to be able to have 2 portions per day without any problem before IP. I didn't have any fruit this morning but the ill effects of an intolerance are usually felt about 24 hours after the ingested food so... it's anybody's guess at this point.

I am not enjoying this phase one bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
So left work early with chills and not feeling well, took a nap got on my scale and o my surprize, hit goal!! I think I am going to stay on phase 2 to get to 125 or as low as I can get so that I have a few lbs to play with in for the phase 3 carb additions. My plan is to be in maintenance by the 4th of July week as I am off that whole week!! I am going to keep my menu as low carb as possible because carbs are my trigger! Well I feel better so gonna finish my salad then go fathers day shopping for the hubby (and me too)!!
Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #261  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Today is day 6 of phase 3 for me. Days 2-4 I felt crappy but today I feel better.

I got up and ran 2 miles this morning and then I at my perfect breakfast and then we had a department luncheon at work and I brought my own meat and salad and watched everyone eat all the yummies and then

I gave in to a piece of banana bread for dessert....I don't even like it that much, but this woman makes the most moist wonderful chocolate chip banana bread.

I felt so guilty I went out for a 4 mile power walk.

Came home to a perfect dinner and a bar for snack....

Not sure how I am feeling....guilty?????
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #262  
Getting it Done!

Quote:
So, it's the end of day 5 on Phase III and I really feel like crap!

My complexion is going downhill (big zit on my chin) and I am back on Immodium again for the first time since starting IP (I took it regularly before starting IP for chronic "D"). I am tired and headachy too. I really don't feel like having any supper tonight and that is a rare thing for me!

The only things I've added are fruit, bread and peanut butter, so one of them must be the culprit. :
this sounds like a peanut allergy to me. Just google the symptoms and you will see the big D is on the top of the list. If you were having that problem before IP that would not be surprising because peanut oil is in a LOT of foods these days. I would say cut out the peanut butter and read all your labels as you add back other non-IP foods. If you go symptom free for a few days, try some peanut butter and see--it's usually a reaction in a pretty short time (and I would only suggest this because it is obvious you don't have a life-threatening version of this allergy, but most people don't...just all those icky symptoms like fatigue, diarreah, cramps, skin reactions, etc.). Hope this solves it!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
this sounds like a peanut allergy to me. Just google the symptoms and you will see the big D is on the top of the list. If you were having that problem before IP that would not be surprising because peanut oil is in a LOT of foods these days. I would say cut out the peanut butter and read all your labels as you add back other non-IP foods. If you go symptom free for a few days, try some peanut butter and see--it's usually a reaction in a pretty short time (and I would only suggest this because it is obvious you don't have a life-threatening version of this allergy, but most people don't...just all those icky symptoms like fatigue, diarreah, cramps, skin reactions, etc.). Hope this solves it!
Wow! I never even would have considered that... something to look into!

Now I am awake in the middle of the night (from 2 a.m. and it is now 2:45 a.m. with what feels like a gall bladder attack, except that I have no gall bladder! I had it removed in 2005!

I have had attacks like this before IP and the best we could say is maybe gas? Gas-X (spelling?) seems to help. It hurts right where my gall bladder used to hurt and into the back of my right shoulder. At times, if feels like someone is stabbing me in the back below my right shoulder blade. Ugh!

Of course, we can't find the Gas-X, so my hubby is out in the middle of the night trying to find some.

I have no clue what I am going to eat tomorrow!

Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #264  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
I've been off the board for awhile, with about 4-5 weeks of travel including just getting back from a work trip to Russia and Hungary. The great news? I did not gain even one single pound while gone! Yes, if anyone asks, IP works!

I think I'm Svelting had some great meal ideas earlier in the thread, using things like beans and yams instead of bread, especially for breakfast. Thought that was a great idea...maybe some kind of breakfast "souffle" with yams and rosemary and shreds of parmesan cheese? Or make huevos rancheros with a corn tortilla and black beans? etc. I've definitely found breads to be a problem, although I would not say I am gluten intolerant....just seems to make me feel "bleh" for the day.

Like someone else said (sorry I forgot to "quote") I also find that anything ending in "-ose" seems problematic for me. I only very occasionally allow myself to eat fruit (other than 1 T of fruit spread) and still staying away almost entirely from sugar.

Very interesting...while in Budapest I allowed myself some pastries which were really so amazing. And then said, "back in the US, no more sugar" and I've been able to do it with no problem for the past 2 days. So I do think there is something about permanently changing how you perceive food, and how your body processes food, because I was a total sugar ADDICT in the past. Very interesting for me to think about!

congrats to all the new arrivals in phase 2 and beyond... c'mon in, the water is fine!
Way to go not gaining any weight!!! And thank you for that wonderful insight!! I think you really know and understand your body!!! What a blessing (I'm hoping some of that rubs off onto me...LOL)!!! Best wishes!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #265  

I reached my goal!!! I felt so bad for phasing off before reaching my goal and somehow, some way, I reached my goal this morning: 144.0 lbs and 30 lbs lost!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I reached my goal!!! I felt so bad for phasing off before reaching my goal and somehow, some way, I reached my goal this morning: 144.0 lbs and 30 lbs lost!!! Woohoo!!!
Fantastic Susie!!! It totally didn't matter how or when you met your goal. Your body just needed to do it for you as you phased out. They know better than we do is what I found out after I reached my goal between ph2 and 3 and even then some in 4.
You're a winner and congratulations
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3891970]I've been off the board for awhile, with about 4-5 weeks of travel including just getting back from a work trip to Russia and Hungary. The great news? I did not gain even one single pound while gone! Yes, if anyone asks, IP works!

Hey Rocky and Everyone
I'm trying the same approach while I have concerts in Europe...I'm being offered foods I don't normally eat and having smaller portions of richer foods, even had a little ice cream last night and a small piece of bread with some cheese. Keeping musicians hours and eating at odd times which is normal for me, but with the jetlag we're talking up till 5am. Good thing is that I'm in controlled environments where there is only so much food around and when the French are done eating, they are done! There's nothing in between. I can really see how they stay so slim here, so I'm doing as the Romans do when in Rome. Like you Rocky, when I return I'm back to no refined sugars and the usual drill. I'll let you all know how the weight does.
I'm so so grateful for this list and amazing community.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #268  

To the seasoned maintainers....how long were you in phase 3. I am going to start phase 4 on Monday....that will be 10 days in phase 3....is that okay? I want a full week of maintenance before Vegas.

I find I am terrified I will gain the 82 pounds back. Is this normal?

I am so afraid to eat. I am exercising like crazy because of the fear...at least 3 walks a day and every other day one of those walks is a run. I like to do 2 miles in the am and evening and 4 miles at lunch. Still doing the weight training 2X a week with the trainer.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #269  
Getting it Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
To the seasoned maintainers....how long were you in phase 3. I am going to start phase 4 on Monday....that will be 10 days in phase 3....is that okay? I want a full week of maintenance before Vegas.

I find I am terrified I will gain the 82 pounds back. Is this normal?

I am so afraid to eat. I am exercising like crazy because of the fear...at least 3 walks a day and every other day one of those walks is a run. I like to do 2 miles in the am and evening and 4 miles at lunch. Still doing the weight training 2X a week with the trainer.
Hey Darbs,
congrats on reaching goal! I did a full 2 weeks on phase 3, but I was not in any hurry and actually was relieved to take the time while I figured out phase 4! I think a little terror goes a long way Just remember that phase 4 is not your past life. It is a plan, just like the other phases are. And if you follow the plan, you will not gain weight. And it is actually an easier plan than phase 1, once you learn the "steps". (remember how hard phase 1 was for the first few weeks when you were like, "well, then what on earth CAN I eat???" and could not figure out vegetables? )

you'll do great!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #270  

Quote:
Hey Darbs,
congrats on reaching goal! I did a full 2 weeks on phase 3, but I was not in any hurry and actually was relieved to take the time while I figured out phase 4! I think a little terror goes a long way Just remember that phase 4 is not your past life. It is a plan, just like the other phases are. And if you follow the plan, you will not gain weight. And it is actually an easier plan than phase 1, once you learn the "steps". (remember how hard phase 1 was for the first few weeks when you were like, "well, then what on earth CAN I eat???" and could not figure out vegetables? )

you'll do great!
Well, I didn't quite reach my new goal. My original goal was 175 and my new goal was 156 so I settled in the middle at 165. I stopped at hubby's request. All my size 8's are getting pretty loose (and I have been purchasing 6's in the past few weeks) and so are my medium tops (purchasing quite a few smalls now). I too feel ready to tackle maintenance so it is not just at his urging. I feel amazing and this diet changed my life. I am so focused on maintaining and keeping it off as I have been throughout the whole diet, but I am afraid to eat more because I will gain. It is nice to hear you all eating all the food we can and not gaining.

It is very hard to train the mind to stay focused even when you are at the size you want to be. I plan to work this summer on staying focused and on track and really beefing up the exercise more and more. I want to be the most fit of my life.

Thanks for any words or wisdom or advice.