Old 06-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #286  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
WWYD?

I have been invited to have cocktails (and probably snacks) in the Executive Boardroom with the big bosses on Thursday, which is just 2 days before the end of phase III for me.

Should I try to stay OP or just consider myself on phase IV, enjoy, and do a phase I day on Friday if needed? Friday is a provincial holiday here but my husband is working, so I will be home with my kids and stressed if they don't behave themselves!
I would go for it and try to make reasonable choices. Those opportunities don't come up every day. You can make it work. Remember you aren't in ketosis anymore anyway. You aren't going to 'mess anything up'. This is the way life is...

Planning to do phase 1 the next day is a good strategy (and good practice).

Congrats!!
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #287  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Hi Guys! I have been reading now and then but haven't had a lot of time to post. We went camping this past weekend and I had quite the cheat weekend, but in reality the worst part was all the WINE I drank. The food wasn't too horrible. Overall I'd say I'm up a pound, but it is also TOM, so I think I'm back to a rounding error.

I hope everyone is doing well. We're finally getting some nice weather for the first day of summer. Took long enough. I'm going to drag the family out for a walk after our sushi dinner tonight. Yee haw.
I have found that as long as I don't go outside the plan foodwise that wine has not affected me.....only with that temporary "fluid gain" the next day or two. Relax you are doing awesome.

Quote:
WWYD?

I have been invited to have cocktails (and probably snacks) in the Executive Boardroom with the big bosses on Thursday, which is just 2 days before the end of phase III for me.

Should I try to stay OP or just consider myself on phase IV, enjoy, and do a phase I day on Friday if needed? Friday is a provincial holiday here but my husband is working, so I will be home with my kids and stressed if they don't behave themselves!
First you new pic is awesome.

Second, I have been on phase 4 since Saturday, but should have started it today. The reason why is I had a social thing to go to and wanted a cheat day on Saturday. I then ate like phase 2 on Sunday and then maintenance since Monday. I think you will be fine....enjoy.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

This question is for the ladies... although male advice is appreciated too!

I need fashion advice as I am used to Plus Size and usually kept things classic and that no longer applies!

Tomorrow is denim day at the office. Seeing as I no longer have any denim that actually fits, during lunch, I went out to try on some denim capris and I found two that I liked. I also found a cute belted denim dress... in size 8 petite!!! I could not believe my eyes that it fit!!! It can be seen on the Reitmans website under Petites and under Dresses if anyone is curious.

Now my question: are tight jeans where the length falls just above the ankle "in" (they remind me of 1950's or 1960's)? I think they are called "cropped jeans"... I brought a pair into the change room thinking that they were capris... when I got them on, I first thought: "Oh no!" but then I thought: "Hey! These don't look bad! Are these "in" now?" They are holding a pair for me until tomorrow morning... I still have time to change my mind.

Help!!!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #289  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I need fashion advice as I am used to Plus Size and usually kept things classic and that no longer applies!

Tomorrow is denim day at the office. Seeing as I no longer have any denim that actually fits, during lunch, I went out to try on some denim capris and I found two that I liked. I also found a cute belted denim dress... in size 8 petite!!! I could not believe my eyes that it fit!!! It can be seen on the Reitmans website under Petites and under Dresses if anyone is curious.

Now my question: are tight jeans where the length falls just above the ankle "in" (they remind me of 1950's or 1960's)? I think they are called "cropped jeans"... I brought a pair into the change room thinking that they were capris... when I got them on, I first thought: "Oh no!" but then I thought: "Hey! These don't look bad! Are these "in" now?" They are holding a pair for me until tomorrow morning... I still have time to change my mind.

Help!!!
I am sure they would work....but more important would be what top you pair them with...something fresh flowy patterned would be nice with a little pair of strappy sandals.

Personally I love a pair of dark wash wide-leg jeans with high heels and a dressy top
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Help!!!
I took a quick peek at the dress & I think it's adorable! (and we already know you can rock the belted look from your new photo! )

With the right shoes & top, I think the cropped jeans might be better than capris, more leg lengthening. A flowy, or longer top & some sandals with a heel would be great! I don't think you have to worry about a pant style not being 'in' - I've seen everything from really wide legs to skinny cropped, so just wear what you love!
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #291  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

I wish I had you guys around to shop with me. I need serious help with clothes. Any other general pointers? Anyone have ideas of what to do with boobs? Mine barely changed on this diet (although I went from a 34 to a 32 band).
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #292  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

And SusieBee that jean dress is really cute. I'm sure it looks great on you! I wonder if they ship to the states...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
And SusieBee that jean dress is really cute. I'm sure it looks great on you! I wonder if they ship to the states...
If not, I wouldn't mind shipping it to you... however, we do have a postal strike on right now (Canada Post) but courriers work and I could ship it through work and get the office rate (not sure how much that would be though).
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #294  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone!
I just started Phase 3 yesterday and had a question for anyone else that is on it or has completed it. My coach told me that if I have a Chobani nonfat, fruit on bottom yogurt, it would count as my yogurt and my fruit. It doesn't seem to me that they contain that much fruit and I wondered if anyone else had received advice like that. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
ritiki19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #295  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:

Help!!!
yup, very "in". Pair with a sandal with a heel, low for the office and tall for going out. Very Nicole Kidmann. I've also seen them with ballet flats but I think the heel helps those of us under 5'-8". I've seen it paired with a short somewhat fitted jacket (cotton or linen) and a scoop neck tank, and with longer more blousy looks (maybe with a belt at the hips?). Your photo is awesome and you will look great!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Hi everyone!
I just started Phase 3 yesterday and had a question for anyone else that is on it or has completed it. My coach told me that if I have a Chobani nonfat, fruit on bottom yogurt, it would count as my yogurt and my fruit. It doesn't seem to me that they contain that much fruit and I wondered if anyone else had received advice like that. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
I have been on phase lll for a week, my coach told me non fat greek yoguart. I add 1/2 cup of strawberries and a spoon of splenda. Taste like whip cream and berries. The greek yoguart has 18 gr of protein I think thats why they recommend it. Just add fruit to it. I picked strawberries because the local ones just came out!
On the sheet for phase lll your suppose to have around 20 gr of fruit. Takes alot of fruit to get up there. My berries just give me 5, I cant eat any more food for breakfast. lol

I tried the yves veggie burger for breakfast. I know most like it, but not me. I dont like even sausage pattys maybe thats why.

I didnt lose much weight on phase ll. but now on phase lll I am down almost two pounds. I thought most gained the first week in phase lll?

Last edited by locks; 06-24-2011 at 09:50 AM.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #297  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I have been on phase lll for a week, my coach told me non fat greek yoguart. I add 1/2 cup of strawberries and a spoon of splenda. Taste like whip cream and berries. The greek yoguart has 18 gr of protein I think thats why they recommend it. Just add fruit to it. I picked strawberries because the local ones just came out!
On the sheet for phase lll your suppose to have around 20 gr of fruit. Takes alot of fruit to get up there. My berries just give me 5, I cant eat any more food for breakfast. lol

I tried the yves veggie burger for breakfast. I know most like it, but not me. I dont like even sausage pattys maybe thats why.

I didnt lose much weight on phase ll. but now on phase lll I am down almost two pounds. I thought most gained the first week in phase lll?
I lost some on phase 2 and some more in phase 3. It really seems to vary with each person. My coach told me to expect a 3-5 lb gain in phase 3 but I just didn't see it. I'm just over 2 weeks into maintenance and so far am hovering at the same weight I was at the end of phase 3. I'll take it.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Help!!!
Those are called SKINNY jeans and congrats if you look good in them!!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #299  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Hi everyone!
I add more fruit. But, I've really come to prefer the Chobani vanilla yogurt rather than the fruited yogurt. I still add fruit to the vanilla yogurt. It's like vanilla ice cream!
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #300  

Hi All: My first post here is to report on my observations on my first day of Phase 4 (the rest of my life). I must say I was sick of eating salads to the point that I didn't eat one through all of Phase 3. I love veggies of all sorts and found that was enough to satisfy my appetite. I was so looking forward to ending Phase 3 that I planned a pizza and pasta party night at my favorite Italian restarant, and afterward I was going to eat that 1/2 'Milka' chocolate bar that has been sitting in the frige for the last 2 months. Well this is what I realized. The pizza and pasta no longer are the pleasure-providers that they once were. It was the conversation and company of friends that I enjoyed, not the food. When I got home I went straight fot the chocolate bar, but it had no taste and I stopped eating after two bites and put it back in the frige. It was then that I had my epiphone and realized that the secret for me is to not look at food as a source of pleasure but purely as a source of sustainance. All the weight I gained in the past has come about from eating out of boredom or depression. This has to end now if I'm going to take control of my life. That's not to say I need to eat boring foods. I look forward to eating healthy and exciting non-processed foods that I never or rarely eat because they are expensive or not the comfort foods which I have made part of my diet. I still like the idea of eating a big breakie and will continue that part of my daily routine, but then I will eat a small lunch and small dinner, none of which will be larger than the size of my fist. Combine this approach with daily exercise and I think I can defeat the up and down body weight cycle.
expandingwaistline is offline   Reply With Quote