Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #61  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Rocky, the "low carb flu" is your brain adjusting to decreased glucose to burn until the ketones kick in. Something that can help that transition is 1/2 teaspoon of powdered L-glutamine allowed to dissolve under the tongue 3 times daily. Your brain can use the L-glutamine until there are enough ketones for fuel. I read about it [URL="http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/blog/?p=428"]here:
thanks for the tip Svelting. I'm headed out to the store in just a bit and I'm putting it on my list! I'm just kicking myself for going off maintenance, but it is a good lesson learned that you really have to stay vigilant forever or the pounds will come back. It's so easy to stay on phase 4, so I have no excuse except getting cocky and lazy...but that's how I got fat in the first place! Live and learn.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 142/130/125

Height: 5'2''

Post When to transition to Phase 2

Hi, I'm new to the forum and trying to figure out if I should move to phase 2. I didn't have a lot to lose but wanted to get more proportioned from top half to bottom half....weight heavy on the stomach hips and thighs. I started at 142 five weeks ago and have had really varied weeks for weight loss (-4/-2/-1/-4) I'm now at 131.4 and I've lost 22" over my whole body and I know that inches are sometimes better than pounds. So my question is....If I want to reach 125 should I hold off a bit longer for Phase 2? I read someone say that they gained 3-5lbs transitioning in 3 or 4 and I'm nervous I've not lost enough yet. Help!
Maureen
Maureen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #63  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen123 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum and trying to figure out if I should move to phase 2. I didn't have a lot to lose but wanted to get more proportioned from top half to bottom half....weight heavy on the stomach hips and thighs. I started at 142 five weeks ago and have had really varied weeks for weight loss (-4/-2/-1/-4) I'm now at 131.4 and I've lost 22" over my whole body and I know that inches are sometimes better than pounds. So my question is....If I want to reach 125 should I hold off a bit longer for Phase 2? I read someone say that they gained 3-5lbs transitioning in 3 or 4 and I'm nervous I've not lost enough yet. Help!
Maureen
Hi Maureen, every coach is different. My coach had me on phase 1 until I was at my target weight. Then I continued to lose a bit more in Phase 2 so I dipped under my weight, on Phase 3 I didn't lose much more but the inches continued to shift and drop, then in Phase 4 I gained back about 2 pounds, which is typical because as you increase carbs you need to hold more water.

But many of us have found that your "weight" is less important than if you look like you want to look. At least for me, losing weight on IP meant dropping inches I've carried all my life. At 140 I look better than I did at 130 20 years ago, because I've dropped so much fat. So, if you feel like you want to end up looking more slender than you currently are, I would suggest staying on until you are at the measurements or "look" that you want, and then phase off.

Sorry if that is not much help...
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #64  

No it's great to hear from people who have been on this besides my friends who are at the same stage as me. I hear what you're saying about "size matters" not weight.....it's just hard to wrap your head around it when we focus so much on our goal weight. Thanks for your words of encouragement!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #65  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Maureen
Rocky gave an excellent response to your post. A few minutes ago I responded to a similar post on the daily chat. If you will go to todays chat, page 12, post #170 and see if that is any help. I type very very slowly or I would retype it on this thread and I don't know how to quote from one thread to another, if that is possible. Months ago I told the chicks, " I can do IP, but I'm not computer savoy."
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Rocky gave an excellent response to your post. A few minutes ago I responded to a similar post on the daily chat. If you will go to todays chat, page 12, post #170 and see if that is any help. I type very very slowly or I would retype it on this thread and I don't know how to quote from one thread to another, if that is possible. Months ago I told the chicks, " I can do IP, but I'm not computer savoy."
thanks I'll check it out!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #67  

Quote:
thanks I'll check it out!
where do I find today's chat? I know computers but I can't find stuff on this site
Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Good luck, Stacey!!

I'm not at the point where my mind is set to do IP again even though I want to get down to my original goal. How did you get there? I just can't make myself want to do it again..
Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Boy, I think it was almost harder mentally this time. I had to really give myself a pep talk yesterday (day 5) to stick with it. I think setting a shorter time goal this time has helped. Last time I committed to 3 months, this time my goal is 1. It's helpful to be able to tell myself - hey you did this 3x as long before, you can do this. I do better with a definite time span, rather than a goal weight.

I did get into ketosis a lot easier this time. It was faster and I didn't experience the headaches and sick feeling I did last time. Probably because my body didn't have so much crap to get rid of this time.

I would say, don't do it until you're sure your ready, otherwise you'll be fighting yourself and that's rough. Then when you're ready, give it your all!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #69  

Quote:
where do I find today's chat? I know computers but I can't find stuff on this site
Look up at the top of the page just under the image of the baby chicks, there are a series of links in purple font:
3 Fat Chicks on .... > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Ideal Protein Diet > Life After Phase ...

Click on the words "Ideal Protein Diet" The page that loads is the main Ideal Protein sub forum on this site. Bookmark or Favorite that page. It has two parts:
  • the top part holds "sticky" threads -- frequently used threads and/or reference threads that never move from the main page
  • the lower part lists ongoing chatter starting with the thread with the most recent post. The Daily Chat thread is there. The current "Daily Chat" is usually among the top 5 listed in the lower half of that page.
  • On the weekends, we use a weekend thread for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
and come back lady from Steeltown (among many other things)!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 03-05-2011 at 08:31 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #70  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Bump!
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Look up at the top of the page just under the image of the baby chicks, there are a series of links in purple font:
3 Fat Chicks on .... > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Ideal Protein Diet > Life After Phase ...

Click on the words "Ideal Protein Diet" The page that loads is the main Ideal Protein sub forum on this site. Bookmark or Favorite that page. It has two parts:
  • the top part holds "sticky" threads -- frequently used threads and/or reference threads that never move from the main page
  • the lower part lists ongoing chatter starting with the thread with the most recent post. The Daily Chat thread is there. The current "Daily Chat" is usually among the top 5 listed in the lower half of that page.
  • On the weekends, we use a weekend thread for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
and come back lady from Steeltown (among many other things)!
Thanks! I stumbled upon the daily chat yesterday then couldn't find it again....will look there for details......Think I might stay on phase 1 another week or so....made the mistake of looking at my backside in the carnival mirrors in the change room today and it scared me! Not quite at the size I want to be....but getting there bit by bit.....it's exciting to be gradually shrinking down close to pre-baby weight....and my kids are 14 and 17!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Just back from a 10 day trip in Negril. I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted and only gained 4lbs! I was very happy that was all. I am now on phase 1 for a few days until I am back down to my pre-Negril weight.

Thanks to petiteandcute for pointing me in the right forum!
Clarice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #73  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Well...I was supposed to move to phase 4 this weekend and I just couldn't do it. I am perfectly happy on phase 3. I love the breakfast with yogurt and an apple and protein & vegis for lunch and dinner are fine with me. I really don't want the complex carbs. I was trying to work in some boca burger products but it seems there is some question about it's safety. I am looking for some help planning meals. I am checking out the recipe threads but would love to hear from people who are doing it daily right now.

Thanks,

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #74  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Well...I was supposed to move to phase 4 this weekend and I just couldn't do it. I am perfectly happy on phase 3. I love the breakfast with yogurt and an apple and protein & vegis for lunch and dinner are fine with me. I really don't want the complex carbs. I was trying to work in some boca burger products but it seems there is some question about it's safety. I am looking for some help planning meals. I am checking out the recipe threads but would love to hear from people who are doing it daily right now.

Thanks,

Lynn
I'm with you Lynn, today is my last Phase 3 day, happy to report I lost another pound, and was able to say good-bye to the 130s!!! (What is it about moving into the next 10 pounds that feels so good?)

I feel the same you do, quite happy in Phase 3 land, nervous and scared of Phase 4. Although I am looking forward to my first 'free' on Saturday, going to a birthday party. Hello wine and cake, I've missed you my friends.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #75  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post

Thanks,

Lynn
I wanted to add that for dinner, I plan on a typical Phase 1 meal, and add some brown rice. Rocky recommended brown, and I ate it all the time before IP. I'm going to take it slow and see how my body adjusts.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote