Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Monday, 21 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Weekend Chat - 18-20 February 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 02-21-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #2  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow! I never get to be first! Happy Monday everyone! It is a holiday for those of us here in Ontario so it still feels like the weekend....is that why everyone is still posting in the weekend thread? Have a great day!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #3  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, my internet friends! Reading through the weekend thread now, and wow, some great successes this weekend! I finally looked at my "before" pictures, and had my mom take a current one, so will be posting a link to them today...makes me super nervous.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

hmmm... is it weird that after another 3 pounds lost for a total of 26 pounds I am starting to think this might actually work???
Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #5  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone! I was away for the weekend and finally catching up on the weekend thread. So wonderful to see everyone doing so well.

Had a NSV over the weekend. I was up at my family's for a belated birthday dinner and everyone was amazed so far with my weight loss. It was a wonderful feeling and knowing I have their support is even more wonderful to me.

Another NSV was doing a little shopping over the weekend and just out of habit picking up sizes I normally fit in to and trying them on and they no longer fit. Had a little crying melt down in the dressing room (happy tears of course), so went back out picked out a couple more "smaller" sizes and they fit. I dont want to buy too much since I am sure my sizes will keep changing the next few months. But God it was such a great feeling to experience this weekend shopping.

Spending the morning today going through my closet and donating about 3/4 of my clothes that no longer fit. I am already at 4 bags of donations. Hoping for the snow to stop here so I can head to the mall I really need some new pants having trouble with jeans and pants seems to be "in between" sizes right now.

I hope everyone enjoys their day today.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all! Was not around this weekend to read the weekend thread. I am sure it is filled with NSV and SV's! Great job all and keep it up.

This weekend I decided I needed a new belt since I was sinching mine to the last hole and it was still too lose. I picked out a belt then said to myself, might as well try on a new pair of jeans. My size 42's were getting way too big and my size 40's were as well too big. I picked out 3 different styles of 38's and tried them all on. To my amazement, these were all too big too. I went and got a pair of 36's and they fit well.

I have not been in 36's since early college years and before I stated this program my 42's were getting snug. My wife could not believe I was wearing 36's. I am going to hold off buying anymore and rotate these in along with my 40's. Might even drop another size, we shall see.

Good luck to you all and have a wonderful IP day!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Beachbella - congratulations on all of your achievements. You are doing wonderful! Your progress is inspiring! Keep smiling
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #8  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Here's the link to the photos! I don't know how to make it pretty like saying "My Progress Photos" and it just goes to them....guess I'll figure it out, but for now, copy and paste works for me!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to_threadtools

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
hmmm... is it weird that after another 3 pounds lost for a total of 26 pounds I am starting to think this might actually work???
YAY! Our minds can hold us back as much as our old habits...I believe in you (all of you) and I love that you're starting to believe it will work for you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post

Had a NSV over the weekend. I was up at my family's for a belated birthday dinner and everyone was amazed so far with my weight loss. It was a wonderful feeling and knowing I have their support is even more wonderful to me.

Another NSV was doing a little shopping over the weekend and just out of habit picking up sizes I normally fit in to and trying them on and they no longer fit. Had a little crying melt down in the dressing room (happy tears of course), so went back out picked out a couple more "smaller" sizes and they fit. I dont want to buy too much since I am sure my sizes will keep changing the next few months. But God it was such a great feeling to experience this weekend shopping.
I did the same thing this weekend (family and shopping) and it was a great feeling! We started about the same time with at about the same size, so I love following your progress! So happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
This weekend I decided I needed a new belt since I was sinching mine to the last hole and it was still too lose. I picked out a belt then said to myself, might as well try on a new pair of jeans. My size 42's were getting way too big and my size 40's were as well too big. I picked out 3 different styles of 38's and tried them all on. To my amazement, these were all too big too. I went and got a pair of 36's and they fit well.

I have not been in 36's since early college years and before I stated this program my 42's were getting snug. My wife could not believe I was wearing 36's. I am going to hold off buying anymore and rotate these in along with my 40's. Might even drop another size, we shall see.
You rock! Congratulations! You'll definitely drop another size, and I think we need photos!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #9  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Beachbella - congratulations on all of your achievements. You are doing wonderful! Your progress is inspiring! Keep smiling

Thanks so much ErinO. It has been a great ride so far. Looks like you are doing well too!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

I am excited to say that I am off to the mall today, something I don't normally take the time to do between work and my family. Although I don't plan to purchase any clothes - my journey has just begun. I plan to pick up some new makeup and accessories - but hopefully NEXT time there will be a new smaller sized pants in my future.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
It does WORK! Keep at it and you will soon see, it does work. We can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good morning everyone! I was away for the weekend and finally catching up on the weekend thread. So wonderful to see everyone doing so well.

Spending the morning today going through my closet and donating about 3/4 of my clothes that no longer fit. I am already at 4 bags of donations. Hoping for the snow to stop here so I can head to the mall I really need some new pants having trouble with jeans and pants seems to be "in between" sizes right now.

I hope everyone enjoys their day today.
Congratulations. Feels great doesn't it? Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Monday

After a very stressful weekend I am glad that it's now Monday....Back to protocol and losing weight.....

Good Luck to everyone......
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
You rock! Congratulations! You'll definitely drop another size, and I think we need photos!!!!
Thank you. You are doing great yourself. I am not sure about pictures, the ones I have taken are of me just in gym shorts. Might put them on here, might....
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #14  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

Juiceman and JolieBug thank you so much for your kind words. You guys are doing great as well. I enjoy reading both of your posts daily. You guys motivate me you really do!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #15  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Woolberger and AmyonIP: I replied to both of you a few minutes ago, it is on the last post of yesterdays thread. I don't know how to bring it to todays thread. Hope everyone has a great IP day.
Closed Thread