Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I'm fairly new to IP as well and have been weighing myself daily. I noticed the biggest weight drop the first week and now I seem to have hovering zones of up to 3 or 4 lbs where I go up or down and then finally stay down. is this normal and could it be due to hydration?
That happened to my husband. First week was great, but the next couple of weeks he was either up a few pounds before going back down, or even had a 5-day plateau before dropping several pounds. He was discouraged but I didn't let him quit. He's now in a size 38 shorts (down from size 44) after five weeks and looking darn good! Hang in there. It'll happen for you.

Nonna G
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #32  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Just a friendly reminder to please make sure that these posts are just for the tips thread (sticky) .. all introductions, hello's, and/or regular questions should be posted on the weekly thread below (reason is, if this thread gets to big we have to lock it or I have to start deleting posts).

Please don't be offended if I clean up the STICKY threads by deleting them

Thank you all for understanding,
Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 08-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Advance food preparation

For newbies and oldies alike... My husband and I have been on IP for 6 weeks (as of tomorrow). Because we own a business and get home later, we have been doing salads at work (taking bagged sweet butter lettuce, sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, dill pickles and WF salad dressings). It tends to take quite awhile to chop everything up, so this afternoon, while Michael was watching the golf tourneys (through closed eyelids), I chopped, sliced and diced every veggie I bought (zucchini, green onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, cucumbers and turnips). All have been separated into neat little flat rectangular 2-cup plastic containers. Yesterday, Michael slow-grilled enough boneless, skinless chicken breast and Jenny-O turkey tenderloins to serve both of us a five oz portion for 10 meals! Now all I have to do is scoop out the amount of whatever veggie I want to cook (or put in my salad) and chomp away. It makes me feel so motivated!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #34  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Some random tips for newbies

** This is a personal observation, but I think others may agree with me. The three most valuable things things you can do while you're on the Ideal Protein Program (not diet) are:

-Think;
-follow the program faithfully;
-and start at the beginning of a thread and read the whole way through.

The latter takes TIME, a precious commodity for most people, but it's time well spent that ultimately will maximize itself because you'll get the tools and ideas that help you think about what you're doing; the threads also explain what happens during, and how to profit from, the Ideal Program.

Also you won't embarrass yourself by asking a question that was answered just a few days earlier (and perhaps several times before that). Nobody grudges you're asking a question, even if it's been asked before, because we know it's the first time you have asked. Still, like the smart person you are (I mean, you choose IP), do as much homework as you can before you jump into question mode.

** If you are having trouble swallowing your supplements, my pharmacist checked his "big book" and found that both the magnesium and potassium can be broken in 1/2 or 1/3rds, or crushed. Just don't pass on them because they're hard to swallow, OK?

** Calcium interferes with the absorption of thyroid medicine. So if you take thyroid medicine in the morning wait, optimally, 4 hours until you take your mag/cal and K/cal supplements.

** Don't ever double up on potassium supplements -- space them out at least 6 hours apart.

** Here's some useful information about different types of lettuce and their nutritional value: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art39879.asp

** Not everyone is given the same supplements when they start the program. In addition to the four basic supplements (multivitamin, mag/cal, K/cal, and Optimal Digestion), some others are

Novi-Lax. An as needed laxative containing very small amounts of fat, carbs, sugar, protein and some miniscule amounts of a few vitamins and minerals;

Flora-Lax. a combination of psyllium husk 250 mg, aloe vera 150 mg and prune powder 50 mg. (Thanks to lcw32.)

Optimal Fat - Sugar Formula. Additional enzymes to promote the use of sugars and fats. And probably some I don't know of.

Some people may also take fish oil or another omega3 rich supplement, more potassium (for muscle cramps), CoQ10, etc. Please don't take these until you discuss them and their dosage with your coach.

***The 3 Chicks search engines are probably as bad as they get BUT they sometimes come up with a winner so don't write them off entirely.

***It takes about 21 days and at least 20 posts to be able to get your tracker: the weight tracking vehicle you see at the bottom of most posts. So be patient and post.

And if you have questions, please head over to the weekly thread, where most of the activity goes on, and ask them.

Bon Voyage

Last edited by Linden; 08-08-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #35  

Lightbulb Links to posts with additional info on Ideal Protein

The IP protocols for Phase 1 & 2 as of May 2010 are here in message 11 of the IP Phases thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3307114-post11.html

Want more details about Phase 3 & 4? See the PDF info sheets Jordanna posted here in Message 19 of the IP Phases thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3351408-post19.html

Phase 2, 3 & 4 IPers chat about their food, exercise and other stuff (such as tight butts ) on this highly rated (5 stars!) thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Want to know about the packet ingredients as of February 2010: Jordanna attached 2 PDFs to her Message #5 in the IP Food Alternatives thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3162766-post5.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-09-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #36  

Lightbulb How do I do [something] on this website?

For information about signatures, pictures, posting on the boards, check out the Announcements and Forum Help/Frequently Asked Questions board:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...questions-155/

For details on setting up your signature and/or "ticker", see the link posted by showgirlaz a few posts before this one. I'm not specifying a post # or # of posts because posts may get "pruned" (or deleted )

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-08-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 188/138/145 started 5/4/10

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
♥Turn your vanilla pudding in to a shake by adding about 10 oz of water. Add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and some splenda to make it seem like a delicious no no

Hey, Jordanna. I came home late the other night and was super hungry. Instead of eating the 5 or 6 cookie dough balls I felt like eating, I made this. It was truly delicious and I can't wait to have another one. I am going to get half chocolate and half vanilla puddings just because of this recipe! I usually get all chocolate. Thanks so much for your help. You kept me on track!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default The Shaker

Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your shaker. Most benefit as well as most liquid.

Wash the shaker immediately after you use it. Same with the glass or cup you pour it into. Whey and powdered egg are difficult to wash off once they have dried.

Dry the shaker, or at least the top, really well. Reason? Powder in the packets won't stick to the sides or top of the shaker.

Experiment with the amount of water you use for each packet. Most taste better with more liquid -- up to 8 ounces more.

N.b. If you use your shaker as an exercise tool, shake each drink 1 minute in each hand or mix it up.

Bonus recipe: Mix one packet of raspberry jelly with 1/2 packet Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade drink (if that's permitted by you coach). Mix both ingredients into 8 ounces of filtered water and SHAKE. Decant. Add 8 more ounces to the shaker and SHAKE. This will help transfer the foam from the shaker to a glass or cup that's large enough to hold the whole concoction. Then eat the foam with a spoon. Lovely, like the top of an ice cream soda. Refrigerate the rest for a great cool drink. An easy way to add 16 ounces of liquid per day.

Last edited by Linden; 08-24-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #39  

Lightbulb Got questions? Get more answers by asking in the daily chat thread

There are experienced IP followers who are willing to answer your questions. They have lost 50, 80 pounds and more -- they've walked the path you're on and have reached the destination. Trust me, you want their insight.

If you post in the daily chat thread, you're more likely to get an answer from them. It may feel a little uncomfortable just jumping in. But, I promise you taking the risk will be worth it. I understand why you might be nervous, I mean look at those chompers. However, we only bite our favourite veggies and IP bars. Come join us.

How to find the daily chat thread:
  1. Navigate to the IP main forum
  2. Look for a thread called IP Daily Chat with the current day's date in numbers, e.g. IP Daily Chat 8/20/2010
  3. Click on the thread, read or just click to the last page
  4. Post your message
  5. Wait for replies.
  6. Answer any follow up questions the wise ones ask in their replies.
Here's a link to the main forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-20-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #40  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Acronyms

Wondering what DH means? Check out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...-acronyms.html

Last edited by Linden; 08-23-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Neste and Arizona juice crystals are made with splenda (or sucralose) and I find taste better than Crystal Light. I found the arizona iced tea singles at superstore. They are yummy!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #42  

Cool Searching the forum

You can search this forum or others on 3fatchicks by using the search feature. Look up, waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy up (remember that my fellow Canadian chickies?) to the purple bar near the top. Click on the word "Search" and away you go.

If you don't find what you're looking for using the website search function, try using Google. I've attached a screen shot.
Here's what you're doing
  • The operator, "site:" , tells google to look only at that specific website
  • The search term, "ideal protein", will tell google to only look at pages that contain those words
  • Add whatever you're looking for in the forum and Bob's your uncle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg google site search2.jpg (4.6 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5"8"

This is my 4th day on IP...I don't really feel like I have lost any weight yet..when should this start?? Thank you!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #44  

Started IP Monday afternoon and still don't feel like I have lost any weight??? However, i am not sure...I haven't weighed myself?? How do I make a ticker and all of that fun stuff on here?? How do I check my replys?? Sorry..new to the site and trying to figure it out!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #45  

okay..I hope so..I have been following it to a T...I am eating 2 snacks a day instead of one...I get too hungry in between lunch and dinner...My coach said that it was fine to eat an extra snack..Other than that, I haven't felt to bad since I started..I have had some really bad headaches in the back of my head...to the point that I have had to lay down...Hopefully those will be over soon! I have one cup of coffee in the morning and I diet Coke soda with splenda in the the affternoon....The rest is water water water...Does anyone know why we use skim milk instead of coffee creamer in our coffee...the skim milk has more carbs?? Just wondering?? Thanks everyone for any help!
Closed Thread