Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

AMYONIP:

Amazing! Congrats on your success! You look so happy! I now have a new energy today to stay OP! Thanks for sharing your pictures. My goal will be one week at a time. Hoping to go for three without failing. If I'm tempted to go astray I'm going back to look at your pictures! Wow!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

WELL...first i would like to say congrats to everyone! you guys are all doing amazing and i love hearing about how you handle the huge losses! According to my scale this morning....i have lost everything i gained from my cheating last week AND 2 more pounds!!! I am 1 pound away from the lowest i have weighed in 6.5 years!!! and that was only for a day 2 years ago

I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow! maybe i can drop 1 more pound today LOL i know greedy greedy!
Funny when i met with my coach last she told me that we would play it by ear but she thinks that i should up my goal weight by 5 pounds. I guess she is concerned that 124 wont be really easy to maintain and she wants me to be "normal" once i phase off and be able to not obsess over food anymore. that would mean only 10 more pounds to go....weird to say that. i know me though, and i never think i am thin enough. guess my mirror vision is broken.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TODAY! HAVE AN AWESOME IP DAY!!!!!!!

Last edited by amber2beme; 02-21-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

I still can't figure out how to make a link for my progress pics! I am not quite computer illiterate but pretty close! So if any one can give me the A to B links for dummies I would appreciate it. You can PM me if you want.

On a happy note the scale is definitely moving down YAY! Official weigh in is tomorrow so todays numbers don't count. I am a daily weigher but I only count the Tuesday official weight. The other days are my motivation I guess to stay on track and to keep me OP! Now 100% OP for the first time ever and wow it really does work! DUH!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Day 4 on top - and I feel fine, sorry, I'm just shocked about that. Maybe I hopped myself up on the fact of feeling crappy. What shows up today? Wilber, a.k.a. TOM. I guess that's one way to keep me off my scale. Any idea how long that little bit of extra weight lasts? My 1st WI is Weds, and I was so wanting to get a real weight, not a TOM weight. Shhheeett!
If I recall correctly, you started tapering your carbs or sugars before you started. This may soften your experience of "carb flu."

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
hmmm... is it weird that after another 3 pounds lost for a total of 26 pounds I am starting to think this might actually work???
Yeah, the skepticism goes out the window with the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
... I went and got a pair of 36's and they fit well.

I have not been in 36's since early college years and before I stated this program my 42's were getting snug. My wife could not believe I was wearing 36's. I am going to hold off buying anymore and rotate these in along with my 40's. Might even drop another size, we shall see.
Don't invest too heavily in new clothes until you're certain you're at your final weight. It probably won't be long before those new 36s are loose.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

AmyonIP You really do look fantastic! Wow you must be so happy with your new body shape! And thank you for pointing out that Svelting is in the 100's Without the ticker it is hard to see that! Right on Svelting that is excellent! When did it happen and where is your ticker?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #21  

Sorry for the double post; maybe someone will actually post between two of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I am 1 pound away from the lowest i have weighed in 6.5 years!!! and that was only for a day 2 years ago

... Funny when i met with my coach last she told me that we would play it by ear but she thinks that i should up my goal weight by 5 pounds. I guess she is concerned that 124 wont be really easy to maintain and she wants me to be "normal" once i phase off and be able to not obsess over food anymore. that would mean only 10 more pounds to go....weird to say that. i know me though, and i never think i am thin enough. guess my mirror vision is broken.
Amber, of course you get to say what your goal weight is. I hope you happily and easily achieve and maintain it. However, I hope you'll take this in the spirit it's intended, but the sentence I've emphasized about not being thin enough is a concern. That kind of self-destructive thought is a setup for a life of struggle and misery. Please do whatever it takes to adjust that way of thinking.

The weight you think you "should" be at may be very different from the one that's actually best for you especially after IP. You'll probably have more lean body mass (from the protein and the supplementation) than you previously did at that body weight. I've seen some amazing photos (may link later) of people who've increased/maintained their muscle mass while dropping body fat and are now are at a weight they once were. Looking at the photos they are SOOOO much smaller than they once were at the same number of pounds.

Many people here report a similar phenomenon. You'd never know what some posters here weigh just from their photos or seeing them face-to-face.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pegsi
Svelting is in the 100's Without the ticker it is hard to see that! Right on Svelting that is excellent! When did it happen and where is your ticker?
Thanks, Pegsi. I crossed that line in early November, around the 6th I think. I've been holding within 3 lbs of that since then. As for the ticker, because I wasn't in a weight loss mode, I decided not to use one.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #22  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
I still can't figure out how to make a link for my progress pics! I am not quite computer illiterate but pretty close! So if any one can give me the A to B links for dummies I would appreciate it. You can PM me if you want.

On a happy note the scale is definitely moving down YAY! Official weigh in is tomorrow so todays numbers don't count. I am a daily weigher but I only count the Tuesday official weight. The other days are my motivation I guess to stay on track and to keep me OP! Now 100% OP for the first time ever and wow it really does work! DUH!
I don't know about the links either but your photos are AMAZING!!!! You look fantastic - you must feel so proud that you ...did...that. Photos are so inspiring because they tell a story... and yours well that is a great read!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

AmyonIP Thank you soooo much for posting your pics! What an inspiration. You are where I want to be. We are the same height and right now Im just a little over where you started. Congrats! I bet you feel awesome. How long did it take you?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #24  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post

Okay, do you have your photos posted in one of the mini-albums on here? Open up your "Edit signature" in one window and open up your mini-album in another window. In the "edit signature" section, type "my progress photos" or whatever you want it to say - Peggy's Rapidly Shrinking Body? Go to the other window and copy the address to your photo album. Go back to the signature page, highlight what you typed (my progress photos or whatever) and click on the hyperlink icon - it's the one below the smiley face that looks like a globe with a paper clip. A little scripted window should pop down at the top that asks you for the web address. If you get a yellow bar rather than the little window, right click on it, say "temporarily allow pop ups" and then go back and do the highlight and click on hyperlink again. Paste your address into that little window, click on okay and it should save it. Don't forget to save your signature!

I hope this works - it's weird trying to type it out, rather than just showing you...
Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #25  
argiles2002

Good Morning Everyone! I'm new here and only on day 2... I survived the first day, despite a lot of frustration and some hunger...and woke up today feeling a bit depressed and just MAD... Not sure what is up with that. I'm hoping to find enough recipes in the forums this week to make trying the different protein packs more tolerable. Right now, they all taste awful to me and I've NEVER been a picky eater! I mean heck, you don't get like this being picky!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #26  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
If I recall correctly, you started tapering your carbs or sugars before you started. This may soften your experience of "carb flu."
Actually, I had thought about it, but not for long... lol.

I was slamming wine and pasta right up until the last minute.

Ohhhh Amber! I'm very excited for you! I bet you feel like you can reach out and touch your goal weight!!! I'm here you on!

Happy Monday everyone! *nibbling on *
Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #27  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argiles2002 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I'm new here and only on day 2... I survived the first day, despite a lot of frustration and some hunger...and woke up today feeling a bit depressed and just MAD... Not sure what is up with that. I'm hoping to find enough recipes in the forums this week to make trying the different protein packs more tolerable. Right now, they all taste awful to me and I've NEVER been a picky eater! I mean heck, you don't get like this being picky!
Ohhh Argiles, try the banana pudding! If you don't like that, then I would tell ya that your a picky eater... lol.

Best of luck, you can do this!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #28  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Good Morning! Today is my first day of IP and so far, so good. I am on the Alternative Plan, so I'm hoping to see the great loss my family has experienced and still maintain my exercise levels. I would love to hear from anyone else who is on the Alternative Plan. Have you had big results? Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #29  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good Morning! Today is my first day of IP and so far, so good. I am on the Alternative Plan, so I'm hoping to see the great loss my family has experienced and still maintain my exercise levels. I would love to hear from anyone else who is on the Alternative Plan. Have you had big results? Thanks!
Welcome MarcusBrody, Welcome. I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge here. Good luck in your journey and I am sure you will do well. How is your first day going so far?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #30  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Welcome MarcusBrody, Welcome. I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge here. Good luck in your journey and I am sure you will do well. How is your first day going so far?
Not too shabby - I'm glad I have the day off. I'm heading out to pick up all the spices and some more veg. I was pleasantly surprised to find that en entire carton of blueberries is only 170 g. I'm not hungry....yet!
Closed Thread