Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #91  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

I think I got my ticker....hop efully it works.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #92  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Get rid of them - don't give yourself any reason to go backwards. A dear friend of mine started losing weight right around the same time that I did and she is 2-3 sizes up from me, so everytime I clean out my closet, she gets more clothes! Good for her and good for me. I don't want to ever have a reason to wear those clothes again.

Push on through! January was a TERRIBLE month for me - slow, minute losses, so frustrating. So far in February, my 2 losses have been 4.8 & 6 lbs. Your body will let go of it - I swear.

IP Boot Camp is no occasional veggies, no restricted packets. Sometimes people do it when they feel like their in a slump. So, only unrestricted veggies & packets!

Petiteandcute is the best - she and RockyMonarch kicked my butt back in week 3 or 4 when I was screwing around!
You have come a long way in many ways, I am proud of you. I am glad your surgery was successful. Judy
Old 02-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Congrats!! Please let us know how maintenance goes....to me, that is the scariest part of all, when we are left to our own devices. I am starting phase 3 next week.
I'll definitely report in and let you know how I'm doing...I'll be keeping a tight watch on myself....cuz I've been there done that, got the "gained it all back t-shirt" and don't need another one.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I just started IP last Thursday, and had my first weigh in today. Down 6.4 lbs!

I have been reading this forum for the last month as I was trying to decide whether to do IP. Reading posts this week have really helped me get through my first week.

So I thought I would stop stalking and start posting!

Thanks for all the inspiration!
and keep checkin' in...you're gonna do just great. we all help each other do this right and get the job done! I'll be hanging out here long after I'm done with my weight loss for the support and friendship I've experienced here.
Good luck!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Confessions of a Spoon Licker.

I couldn't do it. No it was just way too much temptation. I brought this on myself and knew all along I was leading myself down that road of self-sabotaging behavior. It's been a hard week. I've struggled. I suppose, at the end of these days, I could have been much more bad than I have been. What was I thinking cooking a turkey yesterday; knowing I would be the one who would have to carve it for dinner. Carving comes with picking and sneaking little tidbits of the tasty bird, surely more than the allowed 5-7 ounce portion, plus having my evening meal. Thinking now I realize just how " fowl" my actions against myself were. As if that weren't enough, gravy reared it's ugly head. After all, what is turkey without gravy? A naked bird. It was simply too much. I caved to licking that gravy spoon. Not once, but several times. Baaaddd thing that spoon licking. It's not like I sat down with a spoon in the gravy pot, but may as well have I guess.

Well, on to today; a new day, right? Hmmpf... Sweet son of mine turned 12 today. Thought all day about how to deal with the whole birthday cake thing. Decided to make a smart choice (ha) and go with an angel food cake, fat free cool-whip and berries. Angel food cake is a smart choice in the arena of not-so-smart choices. I couldn't not have a birthday cake for him. So with my seemingly self-destructive me on a rampage I thought I did as fairly well as one could given the fact that I have been in a terribly weakened state. I got out the door with fat free frozen yogurt, angel food cake and berries and fat free cool whip. Got home still in a tizzy from the frenzy in my mind over a birthday cake. I put it all together, slammed it in the freezer, then looked down at my fingers. It would have entirely too easy to just walk three steps to the sink and wash my hands. So I begin to lick. I lick my fingers clean. Couldn't stop there either. I moved to the lid of the cool-whip containers....there were two. Form there the angel food cake tin. I was able to refrain from berry-board where I so diligently cut up the berries. And I was able to hold-back licking the ice cream spoon... And I didn't indulge in a slice of cake...even though my mother asked, "Aren't you going to have some?"...(she doesn't know I'm trying to lose weight, and would scoff at any mention of my efforts).

I'm a Spoon Licker.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Tomorrow I will not lick spoons.
Tomorrow I will not lick spoons.
I will not lick spoons.
IP is the way, I will stay OP.
OP means NO Spoon Lickin'
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #96  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norahs Wish View Post
Hi all! So I'm new here but I can see this is going to be a good place for motivation and support! Had to eat at Applebee's today, ordered a side salad with lemon wedges. This thing came and it was huge, covered with bacon bits, cheese, tomatoes diced very fine and croutons I scraped out the spinach and lettuce the best I could hope it doesn't hurt in the long run. I also had grilled shrimp, it was good but not sure dry. Now I am setting here hungry, but I forgot my drink in the car and I am hooked up to a IV for RA so I will have to wait until at least 5. Moral of the story is I need to plan better when I have to travel. Thanks for listening.
Last June I went to town without an IP product and stayed longer than I had planned. Well, that was my last time to leave home without an Ip product. I keep a small gift bag packed with salt for one meal, a tea bag, sweetner, few vitimins, individual salad dressing, a bar or a bag of chips. I grab that bag and a cup or bottle of water even if I am just going to town. (4 miles).

Restaurants: Learn to ask more questions than you might think is neccessary. All restaurants do not put the same ingredients in a salad. Sometimes I told the waitress what I could have in my salad, sometimes I would tell her what to leave out. Ask detailed questions about ingredients, substitutes, cooking method, number of ounces in meat. Sometimes veg. are steamed in butter. I have probably failed to ask some things, but I have tried. I have never had a waitress or waiter to act like it was a problem. When you explain you are on a medically supervised diet or loosing weight, ears perk up. Be nice, smile and express your gratitude. Remember the waitress is there to serve.
I know you didn't really ask for this info. I just thought maybe some new people might find it helpful. Judy
Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #97  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Swinging down from the rafters....

I've been lurking off and on most of the day. Love reading all the weight lose and chatting about clothes that are too big and what to do with them. wow, I can't wait until I can have that delemia.

Really had to laugh about the turkey/gravy/cake story. Egads, you need to step away from the spoon for a bit, I'm afraid. lol. I consider myself very lucky as I don't have kids to feed and partys to throw for them, I also have a very understanding hubby, bless his heart.

Well tomorrow is my start day! I'm excited and I'm scared to death. I have never really been a dieter and I can be a royal b i t c h when I don't get what I want. My head is up and I am looking towards my goal. I think this first week is gonna be trying, but I need to nail this, to prove it to myself that I'm not a whimp.

I have spend hours packing a travel bag for myself, getting my food journal ready, chopping veggies and I even cooked about 4 serving. I am ready! But I am pooped and can you believe I can't find a veggie steamer in this town? *eyeroll*

As you can see, I have my ticker!!! (Lets hope it shows up)

If someone would like to start a new thread, I am here to lock this one. If I don't get any takers, I guess I will do it (just makes me nervy) Give me shout out if someone is gonna start it.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #98  

Yea....

it showed! Now to make that cute little heart move
Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #99  

OK then... I will start the thread... I promise to get the date right and try and get everything right... lol. brb with a link.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #100  

Here's the link to tomorrow's chat!

...and no Egads....you can't take your spoons with ya over to the new thread.

Enjoy!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3717761
Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #101  

Default Closed thread

Good night everyone, I'm gonna lock this thread.

Here's to hoping everyone can have a OP IP day tomorrow!
Closed Thread