Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Thursday!!

So after a week that started out very slow and bothersome....the weekend is upon us and I am looking forward to it......I am going away for the weekend to go snowboarding and I am excited but a little scared. I know that there will be alot of tempting food but I will just have to remember to bring supplies.....

Hoping everyone has a 100% Ip day
Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #32  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank You!!!

Thank you, Coloradodivegirl and Linden!!!

I've had a horrible week at work and then had a very early and screwed up morning that had me totally out of my morning routine. Thank you both for getting things opened this morning and sorry I spaced cadetted out.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll be back to my normally scheduled programming.

Gah, stress does not become me. Here's to a better rest of the day!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Smile Weighloss info

Thanks CheekyWit and Juiceman11 for your info. I love the daily chat on this page. I have been a member of 3fc for a while but the daily interaction is great and inspiring on the IP site here. Everybody have a great day!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #34  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm borderline frustrated and I know this is the only place I feel comfortable venting. I'm been having large losses but last week (week 5) I lost under 2 lbs and the scale hasn't been moving much since that weigh in a few days ago. What gives? I know there is a healing time and slow down for most people but 2 weeks long?! I have not cheated one bit this entire time, drink all my water, take my salt and vitamins.

On another, happier note, I'm wearing size 14 Gap jeans (a bit tight) at work today and I started at a tight 18. Love that.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #35  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Heading to my 3rd weigh in on Phase 2 this afternoon. As of last Wed. I had 2.6# to reach goal. I had a 4.2# loss in week 1 on Phase 2, then a 1# loss in week 2 on Phase 2. Hoping this is the week to reach or surpass goal and move on to Phase 3!! I am ready!! Say a small prayer to the thin fairy for me today. I am also attending the Phase 3/4 class tonight at my clinic and am excited for that.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 265/246.5/200

Default orange cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
Hello Everyone. Has anyone used the orange pancakes? I am disappointed withe them this morning. I mixed them properly but even with some olive oil in the pan, they stuck something terrible. I ended up eating this pile of yuck. Does anyone have any wisdoms with this? I have cooked many pancakes in my day, but these are so terribly thin. Thanks
Hello! i had the orange cakes this morning and i really liked them. they were really thin, made them in a nonstick pan with olive oil. i did let the pan warm up a little and cooked them at med heat. They were really good with the hint of orange and WF syrup. YUM YUM!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #37  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaTracy View Post
Hello Everyone. Has anyone used the orange pancakes? I am disappointed withe them this morning. I mixed them properly but even with some olive oil in the pan, they stuck something terrible. I ended up eating this pile of yuck. Does anyone have any wisdoms with this? I have cooked many pancakes in my day, but these are so terribly thin. Thanks
I actually love the orange pancakes (but not as pancakes). I make muffins with them (use only 2 oz of water). I, also, add either cinnamon and allspice or WF Maple syrup to them, cook for 10 min on 400. I get 3 tasty muffins that are waaaaaaaaay better than the pancakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Does anyone know why an excel isn't a legitimate file to attach?

And a food idea: I'm on my way to the movies. Well, a documentary on dance in the Paris Opera house but the same thing if they have popcorn. I'm taking a large yellow pepper (241 g) cut into small, bite-size pieces (1/2" x 1/2") to nibble. I was going to throw the pepper in the lunch omelet but it was so sweet and juicy, decided it would make a good snack.
I'm not sure about excel unless it is a size issue. I've had more problems attaching things than luck on here, but then again I'm an IT person who expects things to react a certain way and these forums do not always act the way I think they should.

PS. I love when we have great peppers. It has become one of our favorite snacks and sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
I say donate them. I got mine out of the house as fast as possible, because I don't want to spend money to buy new "fat" clothes ever again. For me it is extra incentive to make sure I always fit in my old and/or new "skinnier" clothes. Every one needs to handle these things differently but I gave mine away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I'm borderline frustrated and I know this is the only place I feel comfortable venting. I'm been having large losses but last week (week 5) I lost under 2 lbs and the scale hasn't been moving much since that weigh in a few days ago. What gives? I know there is a healing time and slow down for most people but 2 weeks long?! I have not cheated one bit this entire time, drink all my water, take my salt and vitamins.

On another, happier note, I'm wearing size 14 Gap jeans (a bit tight) at work today and I started at a tight 18. Love that.
Congrats on the smaller jeans!!!

I was a slow loser the entire time I was on phase 1. It didn't matter if I did boot camp or had an extra protein. I rarely lost even 2 lb. a week. Hang in there. I know it is difficult after the bigger losses, but every 1 lb. is still a loss. Is it around TOM? Sometimes that can slow weight loss down for some women.

If it isn't around TOM, you may want to try an extra protein pack a day to see if that helps or try IP boot camp for a week to see if that helps.

Stick with it. You are still making progress in the right direction. Congrats again on those size 14s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well poo..... I created this thread before I had my coffee and I put the wrong date on it... OMG... how embarrassing! Someone beat me with IP carmel nut bar! I did edit it, but it didn't change the date on the thread title.

Sorry everyone, maybe I should allow the pros to set up the threads... lol.
DO NOT worry about it. Try being the girl who forgot to open the daily thread all together Also, I make mistakes all the time...like keeping 2010 as the year for the first week or 2 of this year. Mistakes happen. It isn't the end of the world. THANK YOU again for getting thread open for everyone. I'm very very grateful.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
I am also attending the Phase 3/4 class tonight at my clinic and am excited for that.
I hope you take/took notes. There are a great many people here who would like to hear anything you can share.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #39  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Heading to my 3rd weigh in on Phase 2 this afternoon. As of last Wed. I had 2.6# to reach goal. I had a 4.2# loss in week 1 on Phase 2, then a 1# loss in week 2 on Phase 2. Hoping this is the week to reach or surpass goal and move on to Phase 3!! I am ready!! Say a small prayer to the thin fairy for me today. I am also attending the Phase 3/4 class tonight at my clinic and am excited for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I hope you take/took notes. There are a great many people here who would like to hear anything you can share.
Yes, please report back on what you learn! Phases 3/4 seem to be the phases with the least info available.

Last edited by JSP; 02-17-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #40  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Great job! Please post what you learn about phases 3/4. My clinic doesn't have a class. I think they just hand me a sheet of paper.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #41  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Today's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well poo..... I created this thread before I had my coffee and I put the wrong date on it... OMG... how embarrassing! Someone beat me with IP carmel nut bar! I did edit it, but it didn't change the date on the thread title.

Sorry everyone, maybe I should allow the pros to set up the threads... lol.
Thank you so much for opening this thread. I was going nuts this AM trying to find you all. This thread has become part of my morning routine. I was going through withdrawal.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #42  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

My weeks 5 and 6 were both a 1 pound loss, then happily week 7 was 4... back to normal. I guess it just may fluctuate!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #43  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Tomorrow is my first day on phase 4, I have a general idea of what to do. I think my problem is moving from 3 exact phases to a phase with more choices. I appreciate all the help I can get, so post the info you get. I plan to slide into phase 4 gently. I have been on this program 9 months. I have really enjoyed blueberries the past 2 weeks. They say "You don't miss the water till the well runs dry." Judy
P.S. Keep your head up and your weight down.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Thank you so much for opening this thread. I was going nuts this AM trying to find you all. This thread has become part of my morning routine. I was going through withdrawal.
I think you may be missing a whole lot if you don't have access to ALL the threads and stickies. They're here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

If you ever find yourself in the same position, just post in the day-before thread which will still be open.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Thank you for opening the thread. I'm sure we can all live with the wrong date....
i'd rather smackdown someone with a carmel nut bar... lol...all that built up emotion releasing with my fat!! jk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
my hubby said i didn't have to keep anything when i packed up my too smalls. they are likely out of date style wise anyway. he's so sweet, said i could use the new clothes as a rewards along the way. perhaps you could use "style" as a sorting option as well when you get busy on them.. and i will keep a few too big jeans, sweatshirt maybe this time around for snow activities that require alot of under layering. other than that, it's outta here!
Closed Thread