Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #76  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Question I got a variety pack yesterday at my WI and in it was a pack of chili, spaghetti and stew however there are no instructions of the back of the packet as to how much water to add? Can someone tell me how to make them?? Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
WI #11 for me today....down 3.6#'s.... Reached my GOAL!! I am actually one pound under goal and headed to phase 3 tomorrow or maybe saturday. IP is amazing. I lost 34.2# total and my body fat is down to 23.4%. I have lost over 30 inches.

My 38th Birthday is tomorrow and I could not have given myself a better present. I feel great!

This forum is the best!! to you all!
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! It's 1:03 am on th 18th here. So Happy Birthday

Last edited by Linden; 02-17-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Question I got a variety pack yesterday at my WI and in it was a pack of chili, spaghetti and stew however there are no instructions of the back of the packet as to how much water to add? Can someone tell me how to make them?? Thanks
Sure! Stovetop: 5-6 oz of cold water in pan, add packet, cook 10 minutes, stir occasionally, then let stand for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!

Microwave: same as above, use bowl (not pan) just cook for 2-3 minutes, stir.... Gobble it up!

I liked the chili, haven't tried the others...let me know what you think...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #79  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norahs Wish View Post
I have a quick question. Does it do any good to subscribe to this thread, or because it changes each day you would just have to resubscribe? Just learning how to navigate my way around. Thanks.
Once you subscribe, you're in. For good. You may want to take note of this URL: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ It admits you to all Ideal Protein stickies and threads.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #80  

Height: 5'3"

Default Weigh in #4

Another 3 lbs down......... yah! 15 lbs in 4 weeks.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
Sure! Stovetop: 5-6 oz of cold water in pan, add packet, cook 10 minutes, stir occasionally, then let stand for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!

Microwave: same as above, use bowl (not pan) just cook for 2-3 minutes, stir.... Gobble it up!

I liked the chili, haven't tried the others...let me know what you think...
Thank you!!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #82  

Has anyone else found that they are emotional on this diet?? I am noticing lately that I am crying over NOTHING (like watching commercials!) what the heck is that about or am I just moody!?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #83  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

After 3 attempts at turnip fries (and getting limp or burnt/limp fries) I had success!! I cut the fries pretty big, like steak fries. Microwaved them in the Pampered Chef Micro Cooker for 5 minutes then in to the oven at 400 after being tossed with EVOO and sea salt until they were browned on all sized. I turned them twice and I bet they were in there 15-20 mins. YUM! Paired with 1 carb ketchup and I was nearly licking the plate.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default RE: weight ticker

getting excited to be able to put in a weight ticker, joined 3 chicks jan 30, soooooooo just a few days to go. yea! Wonder if it will be to late to join the spring challenge? Do people wait to enter a loss on the challenge til they weigh in at their appt. or do you guys use your own scale and change more often? A little nervous about setting a short term goal and "failing". Does everyone set their own goal? Seems like I have seen 10 lbs and 15 lbs.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #85  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Are egg whites okay to eat every day? I`ve been making the pancake out of the cereal packet, with 2 egg whites in it. But got to thinking that maybe I shouldn`t have the egg whites every day? I hate cold cereal so I don`t want to just eat the packet as cereal, but I don`t want to waste it either! Any thoughts on this?
I have a question about this - being a vegetarian, eggs are a main source of my non-IP protein (dinner), so how is it that you can mix eggs with an IP packet? Isn't that too much protein in one meal? i asked my coach about this recipe and he said the only way this would be ok is if you used it for your meal AND snack protein. thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Has anyone else found that they are emotional on this diet?? I am noticing lately that I am crying over NOTHING (like watching commercials!) what the heck is that about or am I just moody!?
you have no idea the dumb things that i cry about lately!!! not real crying, of course, but i tear up for everything! especially all these weightloss shows that are on now. i feel so stupid. it must be all the estrogen running free.

just got back from WI#6. down 3.5 pounds. not awesome, but i still love it! my coach just got that IP body composition thing that tells you your hydration levels and body fat, so i did it today and it said that i am 40% body fat. that seems insane. that is much higher than when i first started IP. i'm not sure if it is more accurate, or completely inaccurate. anybody else get weird results with it?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
I have a question about this - being a vegetarian, eggs are a main source of my non-IP protein (dinner), so how is it that you can mix eggs with an IP packet? Isn't that too much protein in one meal? i asked my coach about this recipe and he said the only way this would be ok is if you used it for your meal AND snack protein. thoughts?

you have no idea the dumb things that i cry about lately!!! not real crying, of course, but i tear up for everything! especially all these weightloss shows that are on now. i feel so stupid. it must be all the estrogen running free.

just got back from WI#6. down 3.5 pounds. not awesome, but i still love it! my coach just got that IP body composition thing that tells you your hydration levels and body fat, so i did it today and it said that i am 40% body fat. that seems insane. that is much higher than when i first started IP. i'm not sure if it is more accurate, or completely inaccurate. anybody else get weird results with it?
Most definitely. I had my first two body compositions on the old machine, and the last two on the new machine. This last week it said that I had lost 3 lbs of muscle and had gone up in body fat. Meanwhile, I'd lost inches and 3 lbs. So, she had me hold it at different heights with my arms in different positions. Then she remembered that we had entered me as an "Active" person last week and she entered me as a "Normal" person this week. My cardiologist coach read the results and decided that I was a "non-complier" and lectured me for 30 minutes about cheating ( I haven't cheated) and all because of the inaccuracy of the macine. I thought "for this I'm paying an additional $20 a month?"
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffsgal View Post
WI #11 for me today....down 3.6#'s.... Reached my GOAL!! I am actually one pound under goal and headed to phase 3 tomorrow or maybe saturday. IP is amazing. I lost 34.2# total and my body fat is down to 23.4%. I have lost over 30 inches.

My 38th Birthday is tomorrow and I could not have given myself a better present. I feel great!

This forum is the best!! to you all!
Yeah for you!!! What a nice gift to give yourself. Happy Birthday to you!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Is there a trick to putting two tickers on my signature??? I am computer challenged and can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #89  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Most definitely. I had my first two body compositions on the old machine, and the last two on the new machine. This last week it said that I had lost 3 lbs of muscle and had gone up in body fat. Meanwhile, I'd lost inches and 3 lbs. So, she had me hold it at different heights with my arms in different positions. Then she remembered that we had entered me as an "Active" person last week and she entered me as a "Normal" person this week. My cardiologist coach read the results and decided that I was a "non-complier" and lectured me for 30 minutes about cheating ( I haven't cheated) and all because of the inaccuracy of the macine. I thought "for this I'm paying an additional $20 a month?"
i don't think i'll be paying for this option since is seem so inaccurate. i'd much rather pay a stranger on the street $20 a month to tell me i'm fat. oh, and that i'm well-hydrated, of course. really?!?! i'm well-hydrated?? hmm, maybe that has to do with drinking 100oz of water a day! thanks for reassuring me, IP machine.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #90  
Tracy

S/C/G: 198/169.4/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks to the Sheila's for the response on the orange cakes. The muffins sound really yummy, I am certainly going to try them.
Closed Thread