Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #17  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all ! I was just noticing the other day that my closet REALLY needs some cleaning out..... my question to you all is: is anyone KEEPING their old fat clothes? I have so many capris, some are like NEW , brand new... from last summer... I am so happy they FALL DOWN on my now...but still that is a lot of $$. I do not plan on gaining...but if we are honest with ourselves, we know that happens..For whatever reasons. Kind of nervous to bite the bullet and donate bags and bags of these clothes. advice? ideas?
I feel exactly the same way. I have a pile of my old clothes sitting in my room. They have been there for two weeks now...just sitting. I still have a lot to go through in my closet. I may bag them up and move them to the garage, leave them there for a while....then donate them. I have regained weight my entire life, not that I think it will happen now, but until I am in maintenance, well, I think small steps is the path I am going to take.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #18  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
HMMM this is one of those things I too struggle with...I honestly have moved Rubbermaid bins marked XTRA clothes (meaning my "fat" clothes) at least 5 of my last 7 moves. In some respects I am glad I did because I had a great maternity wardrobe with some of my pieces. However, in some ways looking at them makes me think of myself as a failure even though I have managed to loose the weight (because in my mind I have no confidence I can keep it off) I too have spent significant money on clothes - I am one who is a firm believer in dressing my body type and since it has been all over the board...so has my wardrobe and wallet. I also tend to buy lovely pieces that fit my body in the state that it is or was in at the time so it is hard for me to part with them even if they don't fit. On the flip side I also have several Rubbermaid bins marked size 8, size 10 and size 12 a bin full of belts and a bin full of undergarments and shoes (I used to work high end retail so it kind of goes with the territory) -- I look forward to shopping in those bins again but I am not sure if I am ready just yet to part with the XTRA bins....but when I do it might help me to donate them to an organization that helps women feel good about themselves (job placement, battered women, look good feel good cancer network)- since I know the difficulties of dressing a larger body and making it look good so that the wearer can feel good. Not sure I helped, but I can sympathize with the thoughts. BTW you look AMAZING in your pictures...next time I think you should rock the bikini and not the takini rolled up....you inspire me.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Weightloss

Today I woke up and started my 3rd day of IP. I weigh every morning and today I showed a 7 lb loss since I started. I know there is a certain amount of water weight and different things contribute to this but before I started IP I was eating healthy with no caffeine and not very much sodium in my diet. Only one thing bothers me with this, I don't want to lose lean muscle. It just seemed like a huge loss for 2 days. Is this normal is the question I'm asking I guess?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
HMMM this is one of those things I too struggle with...I honestly have moved Rubbermaid bins marked XTRA clothes (meaning my "fat" clothes) at least 5 of my last 7 moves. In some respects I am glad I did because I had a great maternity wardrobe with some of my pieces. However, in some ways looking at them makes me think of myself as a failure even though I have managed to loose the weight (because in my mind I have no confidence I can keep it off) I too have spent significant money on clothes - I am one who is a firm believer in dressing my body type and since it has been all over the board...so has my wardrobe and wallet. I also tend to buy lovely pieces that fit my body in the state that it is or was in at the time so it is hard for me to part with them even if they don't fit. On the flip side I also have several Rubbermaid bins marked size 8, size 10 and size 12 a bin full of belts and a bin full of undergarments and shoes (I used to work high end retail so it kind of goes with the territory) -- I look forward to shopping in those bins again but I am not sure if I am ready just yet to part with the XTRA bins....but when I do it might help me to donate them to an organization that helps women feel good about themselves (job placement, battered women, look good feel good cancer network)- since I know the difficulties of dressing a larger body and making it look good so that the wearer can feel good. Not sure I helped, but I can sympathize with the thoughts. BTW you look AMAZING in your pictures...next time I think you should rock the bikini and not the takini rolled up....you inspire me.
This is all very good advice! thank you! ...I am still on the fence, because knowing ME.........its almost like a teeny excuse in my head wayyyyyy back in my mind, almost as a security blanket for lack of better example that I will 'always' have clothes to wear if i gain the extra 10 / 15 ++ god forbid! Maybe I should just bite the bullet! thanks for the compliment... My last day there I DID put on a REAL top that I had in the room that is actually from what would be a two piece. I had bought it several years ago from walmart, but ONLY the top because there was NO way I would EVER wear the bottoms hahahha......luckily the ONLY bottoms i bought to go with my 'tankini's' were black, so since it was my last day, I did put on the 'real' top and the blk bottoms. I got brave. hahhaha This time next year, I want a 'real' bikini in YELLOW and one in WHITE.......... i can hardly believe that I am saying that! I love IP I will post a pic with the 'real' two piece.... but i have a sarong over the hips.

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 02-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #21  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Donate the Clothes

IMHO, donate the clothes to a worthy cause. There are women and men out there that can use these clothes now while they are still in relatively good condition. The elastic on some of my "skinny" clothes I had "waiting" for me in the closet deteriorated so I had to throw them out. It was such a waste.

I love the IP protocol and believe that this is the last diet I will ever be on. We need to say this to ourselves each day. Congratulations to all the great losses of the week and the exceptional losses of the future.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh321pa View Post
IMHO, donate the clothes to a worthy cause. There are women and men out there that can use these clothes now while they are still in relatively good condition. The elastic on some of my "skinny" clothes I had "waiting" for me in the closet deteriorated so I had to throw them out. It was such a waste.

I love the IP protocol and believe that this is the last diet I will ever be on. We need to say this to ourselves each day. Congratulations to all the great losses of the week and the exceptional losses of the future.
VERY GOOD advice. I will do a massive cleanup and donation this weekend... my closet will look so much better, and I will feel like i have made a real commitment in my 'head' if anyone understands what I mean... AND families will benefit with these items THANK YOU
Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #23  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Today I woke up and started my 3rd day of IP. I weigh every morning and today I showed a 7 lb loss since I started. I know there is a certain amount of water weight and different things contribute to this but before I started IP I was eating healthy with no caffeine and not very much sodium in my diet. Only one thing bothers me with this, I don't want to lose lean muscle. It just seemed like a huge loss for 2 days. Is this normal is the question I'm asking I guess?
Hi Sandman... I lost 10 pounds my first week which was great but I too was a bit nervous about this so I asked my doctor and the scientists I work with (some of whom are doing studies on diabetes) - here is what I learned. If you are insulin resistant, you tend to store excessive amounts of water in your system. It is not uncommon for those who are type II diabetics (and I am not speaking for EVERY one because I know this isn't true for every type II diabetic especially if it is under control) to also use a diuretic to help with fluid shifts. I suspect that those of us who have large drops in the first week are probably more insulin resistant then others (although I have no concrete science to back this up...just discussions I have had with the scientists in this lab) also the more weight you have to loose the more shifts you will see in the first week - and because you are a man you will see more movement on the scale then the women on this site.
My dr. did this plan and wanted to test the theory of not loosing muscle mass (dr is a man) he maintained the same muscle mass the entire time he did the program and was able to lift the same amounts of weight when he was done as when he started. I too can lift exactly what I was lifting before (but I get much more fatigued) so I feel like my loss is fat related and not muscle related however I am loosing inches in places where I have more muscle (i.e. my thighs and arms - neither of which are big -- I am a distance swimmer so my thighs and arms are relatively toned) and not loosing as much in the places where I carry more wieght ...the DREADED midsection. My dr. thinks that has to do with the fact that my muscles are pushing out/consuming the fat faster and that because I don't have rock hard abs except for in my mind it is probably what is slowing the inches lost in the abdomen. As an observation some of my group has had similar issues where they loose inches in the places that are thinner and more muscular first (most of the women in my group are pear shaped and they are loosing inches in the abdomen,bust and waist first ...I am just the opposite).

Keep in mind this protocol is based on a diet created for top performing athletes to help them maintain muscle mass while loosing body fat.

So yes I think it is normal, and yes your body is going to go through some drastic shifts and the shape you take as you go through this may not look like it did when you weighed X number of pounds. Good luck to you .....this protocol has been a huge game changer for me and I cannot wait to compete again at a lighter weight.

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well poo..... I created this thread before I had my coffee and I put the wrong date on it... OMG... how embarrassing! Someone beat me with IP carmel nut bar! I did edit it, but it didn't change the date on the thread title.

Sorry everyone, maybe I should allow the pros to set up the threads... lol.

Awe, don't beat yourself up....takes courage to go the extra mile and do things were not accustomed to. I give you an A+ for effort. I want to hear about your meeting last night, I wonder if it's in last nights posts, I will go back and look. Is today day one for you?????
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #25  

Quote:
Hi Sandman... I lost 10 pounds my first week which was great but I too was a bit nervous about this so I asked my doctor and the scientists I work with (some of whom are doing studies on diabetes) - here is what I learned. If you are insulin resistant, you tend to store excessive amounts of water in your system. It is not uncommon for those who are type II diabetics (and I am not speaking for EVERY one because I know this isn't true for every type II diabetic especially if it is under control) to also use a diuretic to help with fluid shifts. I suspect that those of us who have large drops in the first week are probably more insulin resistant then others (although I have no concrete science to back this up...just discussions I have had with the scientists in this lab) also the more weight you have to loose the more shifts you will see in the first week - and because you are a man you will see more movement on the scale then the women on this site.
My dr. did this plan and wanted to test the theory of not loosing muscle mass (dr is a man) he maintained the same muscle mass the entire time he did the program and was able to lift the same amounts of weight when he was done as when he started. I too can lift exactly what I was lifting before (but I get much more fatigued) so I feel like my loss is fat related and not muscle related however I am loosing inches in places where I have more muscle (i.e. my thighs and arms - neither of which are big -- I am a distance swimmer so my thighs and arms are relatively toned) and not loosing as much in the places where I carry more wieght ...the DREADED midsection. My dr. thinks that has to do with the fact that my muscles are pushing out/consuming the fat faster and that because I don't have rock hard abs except for in my mind it is probably what is slowing the inches lost in the abdomen. As an observation some of my group has had similar issues where they loose inches in the places that are thinner and more muscular first (most of the women in my group are pear shaped and they are loosing inches in the abdomen,bust and waist first ...I am just the opposite).

So yes I think it is normal, and yes your body is going to go through some drastic shifts and the shape you take as you go through this may not look like it did when you weighed X number of pounds. Good luck to you .....this protocol has been a huge game changer for me and I cannot wait to compete again at a lighter weight.
this is great advice / info. I have copied and pasted it into an email for my boyfriend to read. He is type II diabetic and is ready to try this plan... thanks so much
Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning to all! WI #6 today and we shall see some results. Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day. 100% everyday till you reach your goal. 39 days into the program and I am very happy with my results.

Last night I was able to fit into my "worlds greatest dad" t-shirt without looking like I was a "fat guy in a little coat" LOL. It is an XL and XXL's were starting to get snug.

Good luck to all!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #27  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
Quote:

Losing muscle mass was a large concern with me as well. My primary doctor did this diet and told me I should as well. He did not lose muscle mass and I feel after 39 days so far, I have not lost any as well. I am actually seeing a bit more definition in my arms and shoulders again that I once had. I do occassional heavy lifting at work and have not struggled with it. I do pushups at night with my daughter on my back and can complete my sets and could even start doing more reps. Just some fun we have at home.

I have only lost 1" from my arms and 1" from my thighs which had some flab. I was a bit worried when I lost inches from those areas, but I feel it was fluid and fat, not muscle.

Good advise from Cheekywit too.

Sorry this got long winded, I think you will do just fine. In a week or so, I am going to start weight lifting to tone things up and work on some strength with a trainer that is researching the diet. I am looking forward to this.

Good luck to you and you are doing well.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #28  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday was weigh in #7. I lost only 1/2 a pound, but am in TOM and (see below) also a sponge. Next week, I'm hoping for a whoosh week! Water water water, time to drink some water!

Picked out my goal dress, and can't wait to get into it! I've decided that I really like some of the CLOTHES from Victoria's Secret (along with the pretty sets, of course!). I asked a friend where she got her shorts, and was surprised they were from there, because they were a good length and really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Well, I am happy to report that I am just a large sponge. After 1 day back on protocol, I am down 5 pounds! So my 15 pound gain in 1 week of vacation doesn't seem so bad! I must just retain a lot of water! Come to think of it, when I had my son, I lost 26 pounds overnight! I'm a sponge HA HA HA HA!

Have a great day!
Me too! I'm a sponge. I lost 60 pounds in two weeks after having my twins. (When they delivered, I was toxemic). I read this and started singing the "Sponge Bob Square Pants" song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to all! WI #6 today and we shall see some results. Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day. 100% everyday till you reach your goal. 39 days into the program and I am very happy with my results.

Last night I was able to fit into my "worlds greatest dad" t-shirt without looking like I was a "fat guy in a little coat" LOL. It is an XL and XXL's were starting to get snug.

Good luck to all!
WOO HOO! I love Tommy Boy, but it must be great to be feeling less Farley and more Spade!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #29  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
GET RID OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are never going back. I gave all my clothes to my mom who is on Ideal Protein and I get so much joy seeing her wear them.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
GET RID OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are never going back. I gave all my clothes to my mom who is on Ideal Protein and I get so much joy seeing her wear them.
LOL will do! thanks to all! Iam really looking forward to this type of cleansing!
Closed Thread