Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #61  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
WI #6 today and it is pouring rain outside. i don't drive and i have to go downtown for my appointment. i don't even want to get out of bed today (yes, i am working for BED today). wah, wah, wah... life is so hard living in a city that has had the entire winter in the 70s!
That's amazing!. Not the whole winter in the 70s. I've done 70s to 82 for years. But I've never known anyone from California who didn't drive. Some incessantly. At slow speeds.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #62  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

I didn't have a chance to read everyone's posts today, I hope all is well on the IP front.

W6 last night, down another 3.6 Lbs. I'll take it! ttyl~!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #63  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Clothes-

I gave a whole box away to a friend I bowl with (probably almost $1000 worth!).....which pretty much emptied me out!

However, my aunt (also on IP) is sending me a box as we speak! She said they are all almost new and very expensive brands! YEAH!!!

I did tell my friend that if I got prego she had to return some! Lol!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

WI #4 today, 3 lbs aaaaand (drumroll, please) THIRTEEN inches. In a stinkin week. I WAS measured by someone else today but he also measured me the first time so that means I am down a total of 13 lbs and 17 inches in 4 weeks! So I had some happy news today and I had to share! Hooray!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello

I just started IP last Thursday, and had my first weigh in today. Down 6.4 lbs!

I have been reading this forum for the last month as I was trying to decide whether to do IP. Reading posts this week have really helped me get through my first week.

So I thought I would stop stalking and start posting!

Thanks for all the inspiration!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I just started IP last Thursday, and had my first weigh in today. Down 6.4 lbs!

I have been reading this forum for the last month as I was trying to decide whether to do IP. Reading posts this week have really helped me get through my first week.

So I thought I would stop stalking and start posting!

Thanks for all the inspiration!
Welcome! This board really is a wonderful place. The "oldies" are really quite helpful and so encouraging. I wish you all the best in reaching your goals!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #67  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Oh THANK YOU MRS. D!! I may try IP Boot Camp to see if I can boost my 2 pounds a week up a bit. I just love this forum!!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #68  

Hi all! So I'm new here but I can see this is going to be a good place for motivation and support! Had to eat at Applebee's today, ordered a side salad with lemon wedges. This thing came and it was huge, covered with bacon bits, cheese, tomatoes diced very fine and croutons I scraped out the spinach and lettuce the best I could hope it doesn't hurt in the long run. I also had grilled shrimp, it was good but not sure dry. Now I am setting here hungry, but I forgot my drink in the car and I am hooked up to a IV for RA so I will have to wait until at least 5. Moral of the story is I need to plan better when I have to travel. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #69  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=carlasherea;3716634]GET RID OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are never going back. I gave all my clothes to my mom who is on Ideal Protein and I get so much joy seeing her wear them.[/Q

Have to agree with this! Let them gooooooo! Your closet will thank you and so will all those on the receiving end. It is difficult but such a good feelig when you know someone else can use them. Mine all went to friends who asked for them or to the donation bins. My friends who regularly wear them are a great reminder why I don't want to go back to that size again. Love my friends but don't miss the excess weight one little bit and I never want to see it again.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #70  

I have a quick question. Does it do any good to subscribe to this thread, or because it changes each day you would just have to resubscribe? Just learning how to navigate my way around. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Red face

Well, I've been gone for a few days.. Had some crazy days at home!! But, I'd like to update everyone..
I had WI number 3 on Monday. I was down another 6 pounds, which puts me at 20.5 in 4 weeks. I am OVERJOYED!! I LOVE IP.. I will admit, I was very not very optimistic when I started, but I have a new found passion for this and am very committed to my own success!!!
Today I decided to try on a pair of my prepregnancy jeans.... And they fit, even a little loose!! I am just soooo excited and so pleased with my progress.. You ladies (and men) really were right, stick it out, it works!!!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Default successful meal for non-dieter!

I've got to share this, as I'm so tickled at my success.

With only a couple weeks on the IP diet, I've been afraid to visit with friends because it's always been about food and cocktails. Tired of being a shut-in, I finally invited a friend over for dinner last night, and though she feared me feeding her cucumbers "tacos" in nori sheets, she found herself totally delighted and filled by my meal. (yay me!)
The dinner was roasted whole chicken with fresh herbs and lemon (a la Thomas Keller), roasted cauliflower, and braised escarole with garlic. In fact, she liked it so much, she wanted to make it for her husband later in the week. Ah...it's just a relief to know I can still wow people with my cooking and remain in ketosis.

Next chick flick night: lemongrass meatballs in lettuce wraps with asian slaw (WF ginger soy dressing).
Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #73  
Sallycat88

S/C/G: 170.2/136.4/137

Height: 5'7"

WI #11 for me today....down 3.6#'s.... Reached my GOAL!! I am actually one pound under goal and headed to phase 3 tomorrow or maybe saturday. IP is amazing. I lost 34.2# total and my body fat is down to 23.4%. I have lost over 30 inches.

My 38th Birthday is tomorrow and I could not have given myself a better present. I feel great!

This forum is the best!! to you all!

Last edited by Spiffsgal; 02-17-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I'm borderline frustrated and I know this is the only place I feel comfortable venting. I'm been having large losses but last week (week 5) I lost under 2 lbs and the scale hasn't been moving much since that weigh in a few days ago. What gives? I know there is a healing time and slow down for most people but 2 weeks long?! I have not cheated one bit this entire time, drink all my water, take my salt and vitamins.

On another, happier note, I'm wearing size 14 Gap jeans (a bit tight) at work today and I started at a tight 18. Love that.
Have you measured? It seems when the scale does not move then the tape measure does.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #75  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I've got to share this, as I'm so tickled at my success.

With only a couple weeks on the IP diet, I've been afraid to visit with friends because it's always been about food and cocktails. Tired of being a shut-in, I finally invited a friend over for dinner last night, and though she feared me feeding her cucumbers "tacos" in nori sheets, she found herself totally delighted and filled by my meal. (yay me!)
The dinner was roasted whole chicken with fresh herbs and lemon (a la Thomas Keller), roasted cauliflower, and braised escarole with garlic. In fact, she liked it so much, she wanted to make it for her husband later in the week. Ah...it's just a relief to know I can still wow people with my cooking and remain in ketosis.

Next chick flick night: lemongrass meatballs in lettuce wraps with asian slaw (WF ginger soy dressing).
Good for you!! I have started to look at preparing meals for me and my family the IP way as a game. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I love the challenge!!
Closed Thread