3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223019-ip-daily-chat-thursday-jan-20-2011-a.html)

Beachbella 01-20-2011 07:50 PM

Thank you Carla for responding. I appreciate it.

df1960 01-20-2011 07:55 PM

Day 1

Today is day 1 for me and I have a terrible headache right now. This is what I've had to eat today:
Breakfast: 1 IP Oatmeal
Lunch: Salad, 2 cups of cuccumber, 1 IP vanilla pudding
Supper: Salad, Chicken
Snack: 1 IP hot chocolate
I know the first few days are the worst so I think it's going to be early to bed tonight.

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3665925)
Today is day 1 for me and I have a terrible headache right now. This is what I've had to eat today:
I know the first few days are the worst so I think it's going to be early to bed tonight.

did you get your last 2 cups of vegetables on your salad?

Have you had all of your sea salt for today?

How much water did you get in?

The last 2 will cause a head ache.

Try this, take 1/3 tsp of sea salt, place it on a spoon and eat it and follow with a large glass of water or, try taking it mixed in a glass of water as a drink. It may help.

Sometimes the headache is simply the withdrawal from carbs though.

Sleep is a good idea. It will help and come tomorrow you will be ready to get through day 2!

df1960 01-20-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3665930)
did you get your last 2 cups of vegetables on your salad?

Have you had all of your sea salt for today?

How much water did you get in?

The last 2 will cause a head ache.

Try this, take 1/3 tsp of sea salt, place it on a spoon and eat it and follow with a large glass of water or, try taking it mixed in a glass of water as a drink. It may help.

Sometimes the headache is simply the withdrawal from carbs though.

Sleep is a good idea. It will help and come tomorrow you will be ready to get through day 2!

As far as the water I'm on my 7th glass now, salt I didn't measure it but I'm sure I've used at least 1/3 tsp...... but I completely forgot my 2 cups of vegs at supper time, when you posted your reply that's when it clicked, so i'm munching on a plate of veggies as i'm typing this. Thanks

couts71 01-20-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudoGirl (Post 3664473)
So does anyone have a special outfit picked out for Valentines Day...
its a great time to show off your success and have a wonderful evening...
I weighed yesterday and after vacation and pulling myself back together
i was down 2 lbs..I'll take it and gladly....
Have a great IP day...
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::c heers::cheers::cheers:

Thats awesome congrats on your weight loss. :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCWilkie (Post 3664499)
W2 last night...Down another 6lbs! thats 12.6 in 2 weeks! I love this program!

Congrats keep up the great job. :broc:

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3665149)
Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.

I wish you all well in your IP journey. I have a ways to go, but it has been great so far.

Thanks for the support in this forum!

That's awesome results keep up the great work. :high:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaciMiner (Post 3665287)
Hello all! I have been on IP for 6 weeks and have lost over 24 lbs! Love this diet. Although I am not new to this site as I read postings daily, I am new to post. Hope everyone is having a great day:carrot:

Awesome results keep it going. :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickmouse (Post 3665295)
Just got back from my 1st weigh in and had to share. I lost 6LBS!!! I've NEVER lost 6lbs in 1 week in my entire 41 years....usually it's 1-2lbs. Super excited to see what next week WI will be - if I don't gain it all back - I'm SOLD!

Congrats keep up the great work. :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambydawn84 (Post 3665376)
I started IP Jan 5. Since then I have lost 10 lbs!!! Yesterday I had a big set back, MAJOR cheating. Thank goodness today is a new day, and I am back on plan 100%. I have found so much good info and motivation looking through this forum! I know that if so many of you can get amazing results so can I! Hope all you IPers have a wonderful 100% on plan day!

Congrats on the weight loss now get back on the horse and keep up the good work.:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbella (Post 3665435)
Hi everyone:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. My WI should have been tomorrow but the east coast is being hammered weekly with storms...so you guessed it snow in NJ tomorrow. Reached out to my coach to do my WI today and I am down another 2 lbs which is a total of 16 lbs in almost 3 weeks (Monday will be 3wks). I have to say I am so proud of myself and I am enjoying these little moments of success.

Congrats keep up the great job you are doing we are all proud of you too. :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3665837)
I started this journey back in early September with what seemed to me to be an almost impossible amount of weight to lose. Well fast forward 4 months and I am realizing that I can do this. I love the program, I love cooking ( I was a fast food junkie before), I love the way I feel, I love that I no longer have high blood pressure, and most importantly I love all of you who take the time to share your weight loss journey and knowledge. I have lost 83 lbs. and 47 inches and I will be thin in 2011!!!!

Those results are awesome you are an inspiration to all of us. :bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3665872)
just back from WI 2 and i'm down another 5.6 lbs. i love this diet. 2.5 inches off my waist in 13 days! i wish i had found this program sooner. can't wait till WI 3!!

AWESOME!!!! keep up the great work. :bravo:

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3665945)
As far as the water I'm on my 7th glass now, salt I didn't measure it but I'm sure I've used at least 1/3 tsp...... but I completely forgot my 2 cups of vegs at supper time, when you posted your reply that's when it clicked, so i'm munching on a plate of veggies as i'm typing this. Thanks

:) it can be easy to forget some things some times.

Definitely try to get in a little more salt, we need 1/2 tsp a day.

For water if you find 8 glasses isn't enough, try going between 80 and 100 ounces a day. MANY people on here have found that necessary. You can also count brewed decaf herbal teas as part of your water. And it's relaxing and soothing while you get over the next 3 days.

Have a great evening!

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 08:53 PM

Can't believe I almost forgot lunch today! All right off to do dinner. It makes dinner seem so early!

See you all later!

CheekyWit 01-20-2011 09:07 PM

Hi all - I think CuteEli asked this yesterday (sorry if it wasn't you) but I just got my new omeletes this week (and keep in mind I also bought them last week so I am looking at the nutrition information on both boxes as I type) this week my coach said they were a new formulation - the new stats on the omelete are as follows - 140 calories (used to be 100), 4.5 g fat (used to be .5) 25 mg cholesterol (used to be 0), Sodium 630 (used to be 150), Total Carbs 7 (used to be 3), Dietary Fiber less then 1g (used to be 1 g), Sugars 3 (used to be 0), Protein 18g (used to be 20) -- I realize the serving size is larger in the new omelet 35g vs 29 - but the protein is less and so is the fiber -- Does anyone know what is up with this???? -I liked the old formulation and now looking at the new ones I think I like the old ones even more -- Carla do you have any ideas on this???? My coach said they increased the fat to perhaps keep us satiated longer (which makes no sense since these were one of the highest protein packets available and thus very satiating as they were)

CheekyWit 01-20-2011 09:17 PM

Also for those of you looking for the new chocolate pudding and did not know this already.... it is here -- I just got it - it is now called Milk Chocolate Pudding Mix -- here are the nutritional details - Calories 110, Total Fat 0.5, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 110 mg, Potassium 290, Total Carbs 7, Dietary fiber 2 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 18g (serving size is 31 g) -- again this one is higher in carbs then the other chocolate pudding and has less protein (so I might not get this one again - I am trying it tonight to see if it is that much better to justify the extra carbs)

ash825 01-20-2011 10:08 PM

I am curious where y'all find rice vinegar with low/no carbs? I've gone to 3 stores and can't find a lower carb one. Thanks!

Sm824 01-20-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df1960 (Post 3665925)

That is exactly what I did to get through the first few days....SLEEP! Hang in there it does get better!!!

whisperingshouts 01-20-2011 10:11 PM

TERRIBLE day at work.. Was VERY tempted to comfort eat, but didn't cave.. Even turned down chocolate cake very easily.. VERY VERY proud of myself!!!
:wave:

Sm824 01-20-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3665837)
I started this journey back in early September with what seemed to me to be an almost impossible amount of weight to lose. Well fast forward 4 months and I am realizing that I can do this. I love the program, I love cooking ( I was a fast food junkie before), I love the way I feel, I love that I no longer have high blood pressure, and most importantly I love all of you who take the time to share your weight loss journey and knowledge. I have lost 83 lbs. and 47 inches and I will be thin in 2011!!!!

Impressive weight loss!! Keep up the great work!:cheer:

CheekyWit 01-20-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash825 (Post 3666178)
I am curious where y'all find rice vinegar with low/no carbs? I've gone to 3 stores and can't find a lower carb one. Thanks!

I got mine at Whole Foods -- the brand name is: Marukan Organic Rice Vinegar - Traditionally Brewed

JudoGirl 01-20-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3665149)
Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.

I wish you all well in your IP journey. I have a ways to go, but it has been great so far.

Thanks for the support in this forum!

Excellent job...this is just simply the best program and I love it..
Good start I'm sure you will have many many great weigh in's
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: