3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223019-ip-daily-chat-thursday-jan-20-2011-a.html)

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 02:09 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 19, 2011

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 02:26 AM

Listen up Ladies! Birth Control and IP

So, I thought I would bring it up just in case. We have many new women on the forum and diet right now. I am curious how many of you have read, heard from others, or heard from your coach that Ideal Protein adjusts your hormones in some instances. Have you also heard that it will mess with your birth control??

YEP! That's right. It has made BC (birth control) less than effective in many cases. It also will cause break through bleeding and spotting. During the past 15 months we have had 8 instances of "unexpected" pregnancy. I say it that way because several of the women wanted children, had even been trying, and hadn't had success or had been told it wasn't possible. GUESS WHAT? As this diet changes you, some of those changes happen too.

SO, with valentine's and other romantic events ahead, if you aren't looking to add to your family, be aware of the need to take extra precautions.

Here is a link to some old discussions about IP, birth control and, IP's impact on TOM.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ontrol-ip.html

toothgirl 01-20-2011 06:13 AM

Carla, I read in yesterday's post that you like the Costco brand protein drinks. Are they as good as the IP version? I wouldn't mind trying them but you have to buy a boat load (aka case)of them.
So sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.

diane49 01-20-2011 06:58 AM

Good Morning IP'ers......Another COLD day here in Jersey and more snow on the way...Thank u all for the kinds words !!

NSV !! after WI and hitting my 1st goal...I decided to pull out the tote of stuff from my thinner days.....I had 'complained' a few wks ago about my bras being too big... my daughter workd at Victorias secret for years and she got me tons of discounted stuff....I have matching bras and panties in every color and style u can imagine......THEY FIT AGAIN !!.....
..they had only fit for a short time so they all look brand spanking new !! YIPPEEEEE!!!! ....my pups layed on the bed and watched me as I tried every set on and danced the happy jig when they fit !!!

DOLLARNME....u asked if I eat the same stuff every day...I AM a creature of habit so I do tend to have the same protein drinks morning and afternoon..and usually a pudding at night....I have started experimenting w my dinners to spice it up a bit...

Last night's dinner : EVOO, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 c canned diced tomatoes,1 large bag fresh kale....simmer til kale is wilted down, adding a bit of water so it does not stick......(serve w 5oz beef,pork,veal or 7oz of fish)....I had leftover pork roast so I had pork with it....so simple and WOW...so DELISH....Hub loved it,too!!

HAVE A GREAT 100% IP DAY !!!

diane49 01-20-2011 07:01 AM

....PS....any fresh leafy green can be used, I have used fresh spinach and collard greens as well !!! All are so easy, healthy, filling and YUMMY!!!

SJackson 01-20-2011 07:57 AM

Carla.....WOW, is the only word that I can get to come out of my mouth. You are just so awesome to take the time to read and respond to so many posts!!!! I've been sitting here for 40 minutes just trying to catch up on the posts from last night.. LOL

Regarding my post about my coach and the girl that decided to quit. I need to clarify, my coach is fabulous and not against giving out this forum website. She told me she was going to go on it and read all of the posts as well. She is also on the IP program and I told her about the threads with all of the recipes.

The members on this forum are the best group of people that I've ever come across and it's such a wealth of combined knowledge, it blows me away.

One question. I thought I read way back in November that we can weigh our protein (fish, chicken, beef, etc) after it's cooked. I'm going to have to weigh before and after to see what the difference really is.

k9trainer 01-20-2011 08:01 AM

I have an off-the-topic question...how do you get the weight indicators and number of pounds lost dudes on your signatures?

As a second question, is there anyone out there who is Type 1 diabetic or on the alternate plan (not very willingly)? Seems like it will take forever going this route, but I understand it has to be this way.

Lilly0618 01-20-2011 08:20 AM

Good morning!

I have my WI#3 today and I am very excited. The only thing I am not happy about is that I get weighed at 5:00 pm since I get off work at 4 so I am heavier than in the mornings, and of course I want to see lower numbers on the scale. :)
Also I have been weighing in my military uniform and I have weighed the diference with and without it and it is like 2 pounds!! Ha ha Ha, I guess I am being just picky, I am still loosing weight and inches so I am very happy.

About the birth control issue, Yes , my coach told me about this when I went to my first appointment. I am not worried though because my husband is deployed and he won't be back until I am already out of the program.

Have a nice day!!!

SJackson 01-20-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9trainer (Post 3664382)
I have an off-the-topic question...how do you get the weight indicators and number of pounds lost dudes on your signatures?

As a second question, is there anyone out there who is Type 1 diabetic or on the alternate plan (not very willingly)? Seems like it will take forever going this route, but I understand it has to be this way.

Hello.

Welcome to the site!!! Read the very first post today about how to get your weight tickler. There are requirements that have to be met before you can get one. :)

whosinthemirror 01-20-2011 08:29 AM

NSV!!! Added my pair of cords back into the wearable stack!!! Haven't worn them in forever. And I need them as Texas goes through this "artic blast"! LOL... You know, 50's today... 20's tonight! That's cold for us! Especially when I am constantly freezing on this diet! Anyway, carrot dance for the cords!!! :carrot:

SJackson 01-20-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly0618 (Post 3664393)
Good morning!

I have my WI#3 today and I am very excited. The only thing I am not happy about is that I get weighed at 5:00 pm since I get off work at 4 so I am heavier than in the mornings, and of course I want to see lower numbers on the scale. :)
Also I have been weighing in my military uniform and I have weighed the diference with and without it and it is like 2 pounds!! Ha ha Ha, I guess I am being just picky, I am still loosing weight and inches so I am very happy.

About the birth control issue, Yes , my coach told me about this when I went to my first appointment. I am not worried though because my husband is deployed and he won't be back until I am already out of the program.

Have a nice day!!!

Good luck on your WI today!!! I know what you mean about weighing less in the morning (without clothes) LOL There is a 4-lb difference from the weight I am in the morning and what I will weigh at my WI. But, I try to wear the same weight of clothing each time.

bulleriina 01-20-2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???

Carla ♥♥ please, 1-2 tsp or tbsp?

juiceman11 01-20-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulleriina (Post 3664410)
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???

Carla ♥♥ please, 1-2 tsp or tbsp?

2 tsp I believe

bulleriina 01-20-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3664412)
2 tsp I believe

That sounds ok to me but some says 2 tbsp and it adds a lot calories and fat (even that EVO is good fat ):dizzy:

bulleriina 01-20-2011 08:51 AM

:( I'm stabilizing and still in phase 1:mad:

Have a great IP day everyone, this works (not for me right now ), I can wait!