3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223019-ip-daily-chat-thursday-jan-20-2011-a.html)

ambydawn84 01-20-2011 02:59 PM

I started IP Jan 5. Since then I have lost 10 lbs!!! Yesterday I had a big set back, MAJOR cheating. Thank goodness today is a new day, and I am back on plan 100%. I have found so much good info and motivation looking through this forum! I know that if so many of you can get amazing results so can I! Hope all you IPers have a wonderful 100% on plan day!

k9trainer 01-20-2011 03:06 PM

I am feeling great! I was able to fit into a size down jean today. I bought them a month ago when they were on sale and today, I get to wear them! Yay! Just had to share my little victory. =)

ambydawn84 01-20-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9trainer (Post 3665391)
I am feeling great! I was able to fit into a size down jean today. I bought them a month ago when they were on sale and today, I get to wear them! Yay! Just had to share my little victory. =)

Congrats! What a great NSV!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

sweetpea2011 01-20-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3664644)
OK i have attached the carb count spreadsheet that i got from my clinic. I must say that HOLY COW I am going to have to do net carbs. it isn't possible for me to only take in 20-25 carbs when my chocolate drink has 9 my strawberry pudding has 6 and my vanilla pudding has 3. and then i take in 1 with my rtd vanilla portion that i put in my coffee. that's 19 just from the packets!!!! and the vegetables have a lot more than i thought. I am going to recalculate things taking away the fiber from the carb amount and see if this makes it easier. I think i must have REALLY been doing like 40 or something a day. maybe that's why i have been hungrier, wonder if that was enough to get me out of ketosis.
on the birth control not. i take loestrin24 which makes you have a very short cycle and i honestly only get a light flow every couple months, cause i have always had light and short periods. this last week i noticed for 2 days i had spotting. kinda freaked me out so i was reading past posts on the bc issue. I ended up calling my doc and she totally said yes for sure such a quick release of fat cells releases more estrogen into the system (since that's where a lot of estrogen is stored) so my pills may not be as effective. she said she would just take extra precaution if she was me. after talking to my boyfriend we have just decided to put it in the hands of the gods and i will continue to take my bc as usual. honestly, i'm not really wanting to lose all this weight and then get prego and we really can't afford it. but i wouldn't be too terribly upset. ;)

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Thanks for the carb count spreadsheet!! I do have a question though... under cauliflower is says "6 each"... how much is 6? 6 what?

DinobowerRN 01-20-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickmouse (Post 3665295)
Just got back from my 1st weigh in and had to share. I lost 6LBS!!! I've NEVER lost 6lbs in 1 week in my entire 41 years....usually it's 1-2lbs. Super excited to see what next week WI will be - if I don't gain it all back - I'm SOLD!

That is sooo awesome!!! My first WI is next Tuesday, so I am still on day 3. I am so excite to see what my weight is. I don't have a scale at home and my clothes don't feel any different, so I hope I have lost. So far so good. I did have the chocolate pudding this morning and "YUCK" I couldn't eat it. Ofh hopefully my coach will let me trade it. Right now eating a salad with my 2 cups of veggies and a mango peach IP. Yummy!!

amber2beme 01-20-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbf410 (Post 3665369)
So I've never been a fan of fish, I hate the fishy taste. A friend of mine had some last night and since it was cooked in an IP friendly way I tried a bit. OMG, it doesn't taste fishy and I really liked it! I know I'm going to check the recipe thread, but do any of you make tilapia in a way that is really good? I think I'm going to try some tonight.

Also, last night for my meat I had shrimp. Holy cow 7oz of shrimp is A LOT!

I would be interested to hear on this one too. I totally agree with the 7 oz of shrimp i COULDN'T eat it all! i was gagging half way thru...and it tasted really fishy to me. i used to love shrimp...disappointed. i hate the way fish is so "fishy" and lemon and pepper just is SO BORING!!! i also tried fish last week too and ya only could eat half of that too. idk maybe i'll just stick to lobster and crab for my seafood delights :)

SOOOOO i have a few questions. is there a difference in carbs from cooked or uncooked spinach? my veggie carb chart talks about raw only so i didn't know if that was just a measurement thing or what. I am already at 16 carbs today. was reading and atkins induction totally says to stay in 20-25 for net carbs to stay in ketosis. THIS IS GONNA BE HARD! and carla you had said something about carbs being in garlic powder? i didn't realize this! i swear i put garlic powder and onion powder on EVERYTHING now!!! bummer

NOW regarding the cellulite thing. I am wondering if you guys have really noticed a reduction or complete disappearance of it just from doing the diet? I gained about 65 pounds in 5 weeks after i got clean and sober 6.5 years ago and i got some cellulite. THEN i did the HCG diet about a year ago and gained all of the 15 pounds that i had lost back and i swear i DOUBLED or TRIPLED my cellulite levels! Like huge dents on the back of my legs and little ones even on the front and no need to squish it together to get the effect. I am DESPERATE to make it go away. My coach said something about eating one of the raspberry jello or pomegranate drink mix everyday to help get rid of it cause it has collagen in it. I was hoping the diet just in general will make it go away. I would really like to feel comfortable wearing shorts or a skirt someday. would love to hear experience or insight on this one.
THANKS!!!!

smithaa 01-20-2011 03:21 PM

Spent hours reading through threads and great stories from so many of you. What inspiration there is here!!

I've left a message for my coach on this and not finding any specifics from forum searches. My calves are aching today. I'm going to stock up on broccoli to help but has anyone added an extra potassium -- either IP or other brand to help with leg cramps? I'd go dive into a banana but.....

WI #2 tomorrow and I'm hoping for good news.

amber2beme 01-20-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 (Post 3665403)
Thanks for the carb count spreadsheet!! I do have a question though... under cauliflower is says "6 each"... how much is 6? 6 what?

HA HA that was my thought too! i just measured a cups worth. figured that would be like 6 little florets or would be less so even better. but with it being a higher carb one...maybe making that assumption isn't good. I will ask next time i go in...but that's not till next tuesday night.

annieann77 01-20-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithaa (Post 3665421)
Spent hours reading through threads and great stories from so many of you. What inspiration there is here!!

I've left a message for my coach on this and not finding any specifics from forum searches. My calves are aching today. I'm going to stock up on broccoli to help but has anyone added an extra potassium -- either IP or other brand to help with leg cramps? I'd go dive into a banana but.....

WI #2 tomorrow and I'm hoping for good news.

I get very bad leg cramps when I dont get all my water, salt or if I forget to take the potassium. I took a extra pottasium for a couple days but then was told to be careful so I try not to take extra too often!? I still feel like my leg muscles are tight and could cramp up at any moment. I'm curious to see what some of the more experianced Ip'ers say. My coach isn't the best on info so I often creep on here to see what others say! lol thanks! :)

machbasy 01-20-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

So I've never been a fan of fish, I hate the fishy taste. A friend of mine had some last night and since it was cooked in an IP friendly way I tried a bit. OMG, it doesn't taste fishy and I really liked it! I know I'm going to check the recipe thread, but do any of you make tilapia in a way that is really good? I think I'm going to try some tonight.

I season my tilapia with sea salt and Benoit's (kind of like Tony Chachere's but allowed on IP). Then pan "fry" in a skillet with a little EVOO. Voila! Blackened tilapia.

Beachbella 01-20-2011 03:29 PM

Hi everyone:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. My WI should have been tomorrow but the east coast is being hammered weekly with storms...so you guessed it snow in NJ tomorrow. Reached out to my coach to do my WI today and I am down another 2 lbs which is a total of 16 lbs in almost 3 weeks (Monday will be 3wks). I have to say I am so proud of myself and I am enjoying these little moments of success.

Just had a question for everyone and it is actually the same question I asked my coach today. I have a soup every day for lunch and due to sodium content was wondering if having one once a day would affect my weight loss. Does anyone out there have a soup a day and have no issues? When I brought this question up to my Coach he said continue to do so because the amount of water that is being consumed each day is actually flushing out the salt. What do you guys think? I just do not want to be messing with my weight loss. Oh and I should add since I am doing the salt laden soups daily I omitted the 1/2 tsp of daily intake of sea salt.

Any thoughts?

juiceman11 01-20-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3665301)

AND you were WORRIED??? I am so happy this weigh in was so GOOD!! You did great!

I was told yes, in large quantities it can mess with ph. I can't see how. All of my research shows this goes to an alkaline ash so, if anything we would become more alkaline not acidic. Maybe that is a problem?? It isn't harmful, but watch your teeth, too much straight can etch tooth enamel (I've read). My coach allowed me to use it freely. Honestly, because of the tartness you kind of do self limit and I didn't have any issues that can be attributed to that.

The only vinegars limited are red wine, balsamic and vinegars with sugars and carbs. I actually have a 000 redwine I use. I also use a 000 all natural rice wine vinegar. I haven't found a balsamic yet that doesn't have at least 2 carbs. and both from sugars.

I knew I would have a loss, just thought it strange that for the last 3 days nothing seemed to be happening. I was happy with my WI.

Thank you for the info on my vinegar question. Looks like this will be my main go to for salad dressings. Its really only a couple of tablespoons at a time if that.

k9trainer 01-20-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

I am not a huge fan of fish either. I do like shimp. A few days ago I tried the spicy & sweet shrimp lettuce wrap recipe from this site and it was very good!!! I may venture out to try the tilapia or other mild white fish recipes. If you find a good one, please post. ;)

tbf410 01-20-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinobowerRN (Post 3665412)
That is sooo awesome!!! My first WI is next Tuesday, so I am still on day 3. I am so excite to see what my weight is. I don't have a scale at home and my clothes don't feel any different, so I hope I have lost. So far so good. I did have the chocolate pudding this morning and "YUCK" I couldn't eat it. Ofh hopefully my coach will let me trade it. Right now eating a salad with my 2 cups of veggies and a mango peach IP. Yummy!!

I've found that if I double or 1.5 the amount of water I should and add a bit of WF choc syrup and ice it makes a great smoothy! I didn't really like the pudding either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machbasy (Post 3665431)
I season my tilapia with sea salt and Benoit's (kind of like Tony Chachere's but allowed on IP). Then pan "fry" in a skillet with a little EVOO. Voila! Blackened tilapia.

I'm going to have to try that. Thanks!

Aunt Sheshie 01-20-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

I ALWAYS cook my fish, usually tilapia or salmon, on my little George Foreman grill... a little sea salt & lots of fresh ground pepper & yummmm...

hugs :hug: